Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made a elderly gentleman very happy 20:19 - Sep 5 with 13535 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Going back to the WBA game when I got to my usual seat in the east stand in the row directly behind me I saw a chap who I known for a number of years from work he is 76 years old an until recently has still done some driving work for us , he had to stop because his wife was taken ill and sadly died 6 months ago, I started to talk to him and said that I had never seen him at the liberty before he told me that he had not been to a football game for years but one of his friends had a ticket for the game but could not go an persuaded him to take the ticket to (As he put it to get him out of the house) Now as you know the north east can geta a bit rowdy to say the least.
After the game I met him outside and he had the biggest smile on his face and told me that he had not enjoyed himself so much for years and the game itself was fantastic and the fans by us are so passionate ,the noise the banter the vocal support and (laughing at the away fans ) was not what he had expected when he took the ticket.
He told me that he was hooked for life .And he left me still with the big grin on his face.
We'll done SCFC and well done the east stand you made a elderly gentleman very happy,
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 20:21]

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:37 - Sep 6 with 1325 viewsScoobyWho

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:28 - Sep 6 by Jackfath

Cool story.

You've got me on ignore but still feel the urge to talk about me. Then you state as people know who I am (which is rather worrying in itself, no?) you hope my face meets one of their fists.

Goodness me, you're a real quality poster and we should all be more like you.

If somebody is threatening you then you should meet them in a dark secluded place for an evening of reckoning, or indeed .... Report them to the polis.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:40 - Sep 6 with 1317 viewsDarran

The thread is now on 4 pages and Faths comment was the first reply.

Some people seriously need to have a word with themselves.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:41 - Sep 6 with 1317 viewsScoobyWho

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:40 - Sep 6 by Darran

The thread is now on 4 pages and Faths comment was the first reply.

Some people seriously need to have a word with themselves.

Most are maybe just having a bit of a laugh now they can ?..

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:42 - Sep 6 with 1309 viewsDarran

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:41 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

Most are maybe just having a bit of a laugh now they can ?..

Why couldn't they before?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:43 - Sep 6 with 1302 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:37 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

If somebody is threatening you then you should meet them in a dark secluded place for an evening of reckoning, or indeed .... Report them to the polis.

It's bizarre though isn't it? Do you agree with me or do you think I am being silly?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:48 - Sep 6 with 1297 viewsScoobyWho

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:43 - Sep 6 by Jackfath

It's bizarre though isn't it? Do you agree with me or do you think I am being silly?

We clearly would react differently to dealing with a threat, as I gave said many times before the majority of people on here wouldn't dare say the things they do on this site to someone in the flesh, I wouldn't let it worry you.

I find your posts enchanting most of the time to be honest.
People need to relax a bit.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:50 - Sep 6 with 1288 viewskopperburgjack

Good story mate, typical idiotic reply by jackfath though. I recently talked to a woman who had a few tickets last season in the south stand lower and she said she absolutely loves going to the liberty now, she said the atmosphere and adrenalin when we score is brilliant and it's like getting a feeling where it's like all her troubles just go over her head for the time being! Good stuff

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:59 - Sep 6 with 1270 viewsperchrockjack

When you re 20 ,50 is old, when you 30 ,60is old 40s ,normally 70s 50s it's 80 and 60 ,90

What uou do learn as you get older is how deluded people are in assuming age doesn't give you experience without which makes us all shallow..

I was brought up to respect older/old people.

Looking at how care homes treat the poor feckers paying a fortune to sit in their own faeces tells us what a disgusting nation we are. Old people gave us the freedom we now waste.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:02 - Sep 6 with 1255 viewsDarran

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:59 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

When you re 20 ,50 is old, when you 30 ,60is old 40s ,normally 70s 50s it's 80 and 60 ,90

What uou do learn as you get older is how deluded people are in assuming age doesn't give you experience without which makes us all shallow..

Looking at how care homes treat the poor feckers paying a fortune to sit in their own faeces tells us what a disgusting nation we are. Old people gave us the freedom we now waste.

It's better to be over the hill than buried under it.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:03 - Sep 6 with 1250 viewsJackfath

Here's another spin on this.

Why are people seeking acceptance of others on here by posting their stories about how they take/speak to/see etc old people at the football.

Personally I don't really understand the concept of telling others stories like this just to join in and hope others think I am a great citizen as a result.

Again, maybe it's me and my way of looking at the world.

There is no offence meant in anything I have written here and if you find it so, grow a set you pathetic minge.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:03 - Sep 6 with 1256 viewsPhil_S

I too was bought up to respect my elders. However, there are a great deal of older people these days who believe that this fact gives them the right to be as rude as they like to people younger than them a fact which quite often goes unnoticed
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:04 - Sep 6 with 1254 viewsJajess

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 11:01 - Sep 6 by Jackbustard

Great story mate thanks for sharing.

As for that excuse for a human being Ive got him on ignore thankfully. But doesn't take much to see hes been a complete pr1ck yet again.

Keep it up mate

This post has been edited by an administrator

Stop bullying my friend.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:07 - Sep 6 with 1246 viewsSpratty

Usually fairly numerate but the 2nd half of that first line -----> whoosh right over my head

I think I read somewhere that baby boomers were to be ethnically cleansed - did seem a little harsh IMHO
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:12 - Sep 6 with 1232 viewsperchrockjack

That s true Philip and I often trust me, challenge those who disrespect me but they have to first.
Many ,like on here, just hate older people.

I did myself in the 60s as I had no idea I'd live to 40 such were those times

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:14 - Sep 6 with 1226 viewsPhil_S

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:12 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

That s true Philip and I often trust me, challenge those who disrespect me but they have to first.
Many ,like on here, just hate older people.

I did myself in the 60s as I had no idea I'd live to 40 such were those times

I could never hate older people without a reason

But there are some that unfortunately just believe that because they are older then they know everything and don't like being told different.

No doubt I will be exactly the same when I am in my 70s, I am looking forward to it too!
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:15 - Sep 6 with 1214 viewsJackfath

Respect is a mutual thing no matter what age you are, surely.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:17 - Sep 6 with 1216 viewsperchrockjack

Both true there but do you take my point

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:59 - Sep 6 with 1167 viewsDafyddHuw

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:34 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

It's mental.

I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to do.

Yeah, well it's a bitch when you've no class.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:00 - Sep 6 with 1155 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 15:59 - Sep 6 by DafyddHuw

Yeah, well it's a bitch when you've no class.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Cool. No class. A wild assumption made after a few words on here.

Good on you "dafyddhuw".

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:05 - Sep 6 with 1152 viewsAngelRangelQS

What percentage of someone's life must they do an activity for them to say they did it "for life"?
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:08 - Sep 6 with 1142 viewsDarran

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:00 - Sep 6 by Jackfath

Cool. No class. A wild assumption made after a few words on here.

Good on you "dafyddhuw".

Take up yoga Fath you'll end up looking like this then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2743582/The-world-s-oldest-yoga-teache

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:09 - Sep 6 with 1141 viewsexiledclaseboy

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:05 - Sep 6 by AngelRangelQS

What percentage of someone's life must they do an activity for them to say they did it "for life"?

Technically, 100%.

Poll: Tory leader

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:17 - Sep 6 with 1123 viewsAngelRangelQS

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:09 - Sep 6 by exiledclaseboy

Technically, 100%.

So fathy is right then
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:18 - Sep 6 with 1120 views_

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:09 - Sep 6 by exiledclaseboy

Technically, 100%.

Cudey's a Planet Swans lifer ;-)

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:18 - Sep 6 with 1117 viewsexiledclaseboy

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 16:18 - Sep 6 by _

Cudey's a Planet Swans lifer ;-)

You're not wrong there.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024