Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most successful manager 14:16 - Nov 2 with 6532 viewssnuffler

Just wondering if KH is our most successful manager in terms of percentage wins? Anybody any stats on this?
Most successful manager on 14:30 - Nov 2 with 5075 viewstazzydjr

He'd have to keep Rochdale in this League longer than 5 Season's or Get Promotion to Championship to be most successful in Rochdale's History as Rochdale have never been above the third tier

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Most successful manager on 17:34 - Nov 2 with 4910 viewslibertinedreamer

I think two promotions comfortably makes him your most successful manager. Especially in this day and age when Dale must have one of the lowest league budgets. I'm unsure if it mattered as much in the 60's...
Most successful manager on 19:29 - Nov 2 with 4777 viewsCockneyDale

Almost on the same subject, is 4th in the third tier our highest ever league position? I think we briefly held 4th last time round, but I don't know about in out first stint in the third tier. TVOS? Thanks.
Most successful manager on 19:35 - Nov 2 with 4754 viewsD_Alien

Most successful manager on 19:29 - Nov 2 by CockneyDale

Almost on the same subject, is 4th in the third tier our highest ever league position? I think we briefly held 4th last time round, but I don't know about in out first stint in the third tier. TVOS? Thanks.

We've hit the top spot in the third tier on two occasions: once in our first year after promotion (69/70) and once around 72/73 - on both occasions for a few days.

[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 19:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Most successful manager on 19:49 - Nov 2 with 4705 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/rochdale/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Most successful manager on 19:52 - Nov 2 with 4695 views442Dale

As I thought, he's no Jack Peart.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Most successful manager on 19:53 - Nov 2 with 4688 viewstazzydjr

looks like Jack Peart from this stats with win rate of 47.95 from 1923 - 1930

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Most successful manager on 19:57 - Nov 2 with 4668 viewsColDale

Based on that website, Keith Hill will become our longest serving manager in terms of games managed before the end of the year.
Login to get fewer ads

Most successful manager on 19:58 - Nov 2 with 4663 viewsdingdangblue

Chris Beech 0%

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Most successful manager on 20:00 - Nov 2 with 4648 views442Dale

Danny Bergara's stats are worse than I thought. It went pear(t) shaped before he went, but didn't realise how badly.

Most successful manager on 20:12 - Nov 2 with 4618 viewsdingdangblue

Most successful manager on 20:00 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

Danny Bergara's stats are worse than I thought. It went pear(t) shaped before he went, but didn't realise how badly.

Terry Dolan 40% is better than I remembered.

Most successful manager on 20:18 - Nov 2 with 4594 views442Dale

Most successful manager on 20:12 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Terry Dolan 40% is better than I remembered.

The season we got to the 5th round of the FA Cup we only drew six I think; won 20, lost 20.

Most successful manager on 20:37 - Nov 2 with 4557 viewsSyke_Dale

John Coleman 26.92
Most successful manager on 21:14 - Nov 2 with 4520 viewsD_Dale

Most successful manager on 19:53 - Nov 2 by tazzydjr

looks like Jack Peart from this stats with win rate of 47.95 from 1923 - 1930

Ah, John George ('Jack') Peart, I was nobbut a lad when he popped his clogs in 1948. In his day, only one club was promoted from the Third Division North, but during his managership Dale twice finished runners up and once were in third place. So in a sense, and with Peart's higher win percentage, Keith Hill has yet to do a bit more to become Dale's best ever manager. There's more about his career on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Peart
Most successful manager on 21:35 - Nov 2 with 4468 viewsTVOS1907

Most successful manager on 19:29 - Nov 2 by CockneyDale

Modelboydave asked the same yesterday.

If you go to www.statto.com, you can get the league table at any time of any season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Most successful manager on 21:38 - Nov 2 with 4455 viewsTVOS1907

Most successful manager on 19:52 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

As I thought, he's no Jack Peart.

Who is?

Put Hill's two spells together and it comes to 44.44% win rate.

Peart will be turning in his grave.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Most successful manager on 06:33 - Nov 3 with 4316 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Most successful manager on 21:38 - Nov 2 by TVOS1907

Who is?

Put Hill's two spells together and it comes to 44.44% win rate.

Peart will be turning in his grave.

He was cremated.
Most successful manager on 09:23 - Nov 3 with 4220 viewsNigeriamark

Most successful manager on 19:49 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Ah yes that time period from 72/73 all the way to 88/89

Crowds hitting less than 1,000. Almost out of the league a few times. Some absolutely dire players/teams. Few high spots such as winning at Crewe to probably stay in the league, but not many

Amazing to compare today with a number of players worth money, with those days when we literally had an entire team that could have been let go for nothing.
Most successful manager on 09:41 - Nov 3 with 4197 viewsR17ALE

Most successful manager on 09:23 - Nov 3 by Nigeriamark

Ah yes that time period from 72/73 all the way to 88/89

Crowds hitting less than 1,000. Almost out of the league a few times. Some absolutely dire players/teams. Few high spots such as winning at Crewe to probably stay in the league, but not many

Amazing to compare today with a number of players worth money, with those days when we literally had an entire team that could have been let go for nothing.

We had a similar conversation at about half four on Saturday NM. Gazing out from the Sandy, misty eyed, the conversation went along the lines of: "it doesn't seem that long ago when there was a grass hill over there in the corner, crumbling terraces all around, outdoor toilets, holes in the Sandy roof, a black pitch, and shyte players. We'd be 0-2 against Hartlepool in front of 1,204 and we'd be thinking we're doing ok today. That right back we've signed from Dicken Green's got promise."

We've swapped the grass hill for Keith Hill and haven't looked back!

It's hard to convey to the younger fans that at one stage we really did have nothing. And by nothing, I mean Nowt, absolute zilch.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Most successful manager on 09:57 - Nov 3 with 4172 viewsfermin

Most successful manager on 19:49 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Tony Collins is missing from 1960 to 1967. A bit of an omission!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Collins_%28footballer%29
Most successful manager on 09:59 - Nov 3 with 4171 viewsNafelad

I've been a Dale supporter for 50 years, and until the last 5 years or so, I was pitied or ridiculed for it. What a difference now - I take pleasure in telling people who I support (especially the armchair/'big club' supporters) and it earns respect. Long may it continue!!

Topcat

Most successful manager on 12:08 - Nov 3 with 4083 viewsD_Alien

Most successful manager on 09:59 - Nov 3 by Nafelad

I've been a Dale supporter for 50 years, and until the last 5 years or so, I was pitied or ridiculed for it. What a difference now - I take pleasure in telling people who I support (especially the armchair/'big club' supporters) and it earns respect. Long may it continue!!

This is what makes the time from December 2006 (nearly 8 years) so sweet.

It's like someone who's been fed bread and water for the best part of 50 years - when the bread was often mouldy and the water brackish - suddenly discovering modern cuisine, nicely prepared.

There was a time between 1968-73 when decent grub was available but it'd become a distant memory, and was simply well-cooked 60's/70's food, then back to the bread and water.

When we think about the relegation season of 2011/12 it was like suddenly being deprived of nice food, and wondering why maggots had appeared in our bread ration to go with the mould.

Now it's back to the best ever fare, prepared by a chef whose abilities would have him becoming a household name with michelin desperate to award stars for his cheeky menus and surprising desserts. So sweet!

[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 12:11]

Most successful manager on 12:17 - Nov 3 with 4058 viewsScunnydale

Most successful manager on 12:08 - Nov 3 by D_Alien

This is what makes the time from December 2006 (nearly 8 years) so sweet.

It's like someone who's been fed bread and water for the best part of 50 years - when the bread was often mouldy and the water brackish - suddenly discovering modern cuisine, nicely prepared.

There was a time between 1968-73 when decent grub was available but it'd become a distant memory, and was simply well-cooked 60's/70's food, then back to the bread and water.

When we think about the relegation season of 2011/12 it was like suddenly being deprived of nice food, and wondering why maggots had appeared in our bread ration to go with the mould.

Now it's back to the best ever fare, prepared by a chef whose abilities would have him becoming a household name with michelin desperate to award stars for his cheeky menus and surprising desserts. So sweet!

[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 12:11]

Lunchtime, is it?!
Most successful manager on 12:21 - Nov 3 with 4048 viewsD_Alien

Most successful manager on 12:17 - Nov 3 by Scunnydale

Lunchtime, is it?!

Brunching on Skye!

Late season break and a trip to the distillery to pick up some Talisker Storm.

It's peeing down but who cares! Enjoy your lunch!

Most successful manager on 13:07 - Nov 3 with 3989 viewsD_Dale

Most successful manager on 09:41 - Nov 3 by R17ALE

We had a similar conversation at about half four on Saturday NM. Gazing out from the Sandy, misty eyed, the conversation went along the lines of: "it doesn't seem that long ago when there was a grass hill over there in the corner, crumbling terraces all around, outdoor toilets, holes in the Sandy roof, a black pitch, and shyte players. We'd be 0-2 against Hartlepool in front of 1,204 and we'd be thinking we're doing ok today. That right back we've signed from Dicken Green's got promise."

It's hard to convey to the younger fans that at one stage we really did have nothing. And by nothing, I mean Nowt, absolute zilch.

Brilliant!

It's a pity there were no cameras at Spotland in the 1920s, though I assume the playing style was mostly 'direct' (aka hoofball). As for Keith Hill's approach, it seems as though he has a lower percentage of draws, whereas when a win brought two points and a draw one, managers and teams were more likely to settle for the draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024