Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea 11:08 - Dec 1 with 2964 viewssimmo

As bonus games go, I am not sure how best to approach this one... Some awful part of me wants to put our stock into the Burnley game and play damage limitation against Swansea, but mainly I want to fckin go for it and if we the gamble pays off we can take the momentum into Burnley whose small squad should struggle more than us to cope with 3 games in a week.

With no Zamora it should make things easy - 5 man midfield, pace in the team, solid central midfield. I would also put a winger one the left, for pace on the counter and to give more natural support to Traore who will get massacared by Dyer or Routledge without help. I would definitely bring Dunne back in too, he should be fresh and able to deal with Bonys physicality.

--------------------Green----------------------
Isla-----Dunne-------Caulker------Traore
----------------Barton---Henry-------------
Vargas--------------Fer-------------Hoilett
----------------------Austin------------------

McCarthy, Onuoha, Hill, Mutch, Kranjcar, Phillips, Zamora/SWP

Fer to drop in to a central 3 when not in possession. It's vital Barton and Henry especially are massively disciplined when it comes to denying space and time to Sigurdsson and Shelvey, both are creative and deadly from 25-30 yards.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Swansea on 11:14 - Dec 1 with 2426 viewsMaggsinho

Looks good, Hoillet would be the only quibble for me, he seems to play much better coming off the bench than starting. I know he's been out of form but I'd be tempted to start with Philips and replace with Hoillet in the second half.
Swansea on 11:16 - Dec 1 with 2415 viewsWatfordR

IMO, we have a real opportunity to gain some momentum and take some pressure off ourselves by having a go at Swansea. A win there and against Burnley and all off a sudden we have a bit of breathing space. For that reason, it's well worth going for it on Tuesday night.

I think actually being brave and being prepared to "go for it" is one of the keys to success in the Prem. As has been said by others, rolling over in our away fixtures and hoping to win enough home games to stay up is an absolute loser of a policy.
Swansea on 11:32 - Dec 1 with 2373 viewsTacticalR

The term 'bonus game' seems to be something of a misnomer. As even our own players are announcing we can forget away games I think my preferred term for away games would be 'must lose' games.

Air hostess clique

Swansea on 11:36 - Dec 1 with 2344 viewspaulparker

Play the same team and lets have a go
its Swansea not Real Madrid , its not a bonus game, win this and we can go to mid table
we have to take each game as it comes and worry about Burnley Saturday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Swansea on 11:38 - Dec 1 with 2339 viewsaston_hoop

I had a dream last night that we managed to sneak a 1-1 draw but Rob Green was stretchered off before the end. Possibly the least exciting dream I've ever had. I'd like to see us have a go, nothing to lose.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Swansea on 11:40 - Dec 1 with 2329 viewsRecoilboss

Lot of sense in that line up - with a positive mindset to not just survive but use that pace. If they have learnt anything from Saturday it must be to fckin go for it. First away point(s) of the season coming up.
Swansea on 11:44 - Dec 1 with 2311 viewsAgedR

Swansea on 11:38 - Dec 1 by aston_hoop

I had a dream last night that we managed to sneak a 1-1 draw but Rob Green was stretchered off before the end. Possibly the least exciting dream I've ever had. I'd like to see us have a go, nothing to lose.

How spooky, I had exactly the same dream...no scrub that, mine was about a girl with enormous breasts.

I think we should definitely have a go. Controlled positivity, like we did against that lot down the roads.

We just end up getting beat and ruining our mojo when we try and get clever and play cagey.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Swansea on 11:48 - Dec 1 with 2298 viewspomanjou

As going to Swansea on a cold Tuesday night is worse than going to Newcastle it's above and beyond the call of duty and the very least they should do for us is put on a good performance and snatch at least a point.

With Dun back it will help but I would save Zam for Sato.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea on 13:27 - Dec 1 with 2145 viewsheadhoops

Isla-----Dunne-------Caulker------Yun
Vargas--------------Fer-------------Mutch

just go for it - palarse picked up a point if we have aspirations of finishing above them we need to at least match their results fed up with us rolling over away from home.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Swansea on 13:28 - Dec 1 with 2140 viewsWatfordR

Swansea on 11:48 - Dec 1 by pomanjou

As going to Swansea on a cold Tuesday night is worse than going to Newcastle it's above and beyond the call of duty and the very least they should do for us is put on a good performance and snatch at least a point.

With Dun back it will help but I would save Zam for Sato.

Dun or Yunne?
Swansea on 13:47 - Dec 1 with 2098 viewsdaveB

I'd go Dunne in for Niko, push Ned to right back push Isla to right wing and attack them. If we lose we lose. Worry about Burnley next weekend they certainly won;'t be throwing tomorrow nights game the same way we seem so keen to do
Swansea on 13:50 - Dec 1 with 2082 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Swansea on 11:44 - Dec 1 by AgedR

How spooky, I had exactly the same dream...no scrub that, mine was about a girl with enormous breasts.

I think we should definitely have a go. Controlled positivity, like we did against that lot down the roads.

We just end up getting beat and ruining our mojo when we try and get clever and play cagey.

I have that same recurring dream AgedR.
I never tire of it.
Swansea on 14:08 - Dec 1 with 2016 viewsDANRANGER

In losing every away game so far we've shown little clue of what Harry's tactics are away from home. The 4-2-3-1 formation works for me but the players seem to be unsure whether to sit deep or try and attack and we end up with Austin isolated and a midfield who cannot defend or attack.

Swansea will have a lot of the ball but they also let you play a bit so the key is to making the most of the possession we get and having a belief that we can achieve something. The only way we are going to get points away is if we actually have a go at someone and score 1st. Let's go at them 1st half and see what is possible. If we are still in the game later on then we can sit off and try and counter. Players need to stand up and be counted. know their jobs and get on with it. They seem to expect to lose away. A point would be a massive improvement and give them the belief they need.
Swansea on 14:13 - Dec 1 with 2003 viewsQPRski

Swansea will play possession football, so it is a non brainer that our tactics should be to break at speed on the counter-attack, plus take advantage of all set pieces.

The team in the OP looks both solid and could have pace:

Isla-----Dunne-------Caulker------Traore
Vargas--------------Fer-------------Hoilett

If would also consider to use Philips as a sub for Hoillet (or vice-versa).
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 14:13]
Swansea on 14:27 - Dec 1 with 1960 viewsadhoc_qpr

Christ, I know we're bad but the thought that Swansea away is a 'bonus' game is laughable!

They may be a good mid-table team but Palace got a point at the weekend and given our attack is far better than our defence anyway we should go for the win!

I don't think we should have different home and away mentalities either - you need to make changes for games against the big/Champions league teams but otherwise try and win every game.
Swansea on 18:57 - Dec 1 with 1816 viewsfrancisbowles

I've mentioned it recently, Hoilett's "pace" is ineffective on the left as he wants to get it on his right foot and very rarely beats his man on the outside. I would bring in Clint and put Traore in front of him on the left of a five man midfield (4231) with Vargas on the right. Both Fer and Niko had decent games on Saturday so not sure which one to play in front of Barton and Henry. Probably start with Fer. Dunne to come back in for Onuoha.
Swansea on 19:00 - Dec 1 with 1806 viewsbluetooth

Attack Attack Attack
Swansea on 08:55 - Dec 2 with 1627 viewsJAPRANGERS

Somehow I feel this Tuesday night game in deepest Wales will be too much for our lads who will as usual surrender before kick off

Swansea 3 QPR 1
Swansea on 09:07 - Dec 2 with 1611 viewsToast_R

I tell you what..............

I had resigned my self to being more then happy with a point such is our recent away form and form against Swansea...

But after reading Clive's Opposition interview article yesteday....
Swansea on 09:08 - Dec 2 with 1602 viewsdavman

Swansea on 14:08 - Dec 1 by DANRANGER

In losing every away game so far we've shown little clue of what Harry's tactics are away from home. The 4-2-3-1 formation works for me but the players seem to be unsure whether to sit deep or try and attack and we end up with Austin isolated and a midfield who cannot defend or attack.

Swansea will have a lot of the ball but they also let you play a bit so the key is to making the most of the possession we get and having a belief that we can achieve something. The only way we are going to get points away is if we actually have a go at someone and score 1st. Let's go at them 1st half and see what is possible. If we are still in the game later on then we can sit off and try and counter. Players need to stand up and be counted. know their jobs and get on with it. They seem to expect to lose away. A point would be a massive improvement and give them the belief they need.

Harry's 'tactic' away from home is to sit deep, soak up pressure and try to sneak a 1-0. The trouble is our defence (or more accurately them and the two in front of them) isn't good enough to do that and we have little pace to attack on the counter. The latter point combined with our ability to retain possession means that we are caught out when we commit men going forward and are immediately under pressure again.

Face it, we park the bus, we lose 1 or 2-0; personally, I'd rather lose 2-3 and spend a bit of time going for it.

The key here is closing Swansalona down early - rash 'em as Olly would say; they won't like it up 'em!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Swansea on 09:43 - Dec 2 with 1578 viewsloftus77

I can't think of a game in recent times when a draw would be such a good result. A draw is a win tonight as far as I'm concerned.

can't see it tho'...
Swansea on 09:51 - Dec 2 with 1554 viewssimmo

I'll be massivley surprised if we're not beaten comfortably. All I really want though is to match the intensity and commitment we show at LR away from home, if we do that I will be pleased and remain confident about Saturday.

Annoyingly their possession game might make us leggy for the weekend, we need to manage the squad correctly...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Swansea on 10:04 - Dec 2 with 1539 viewsHooparoo

Crush your enemies.
See them driven before you.
Hear the lamentation of their women.

Attack.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Swansea on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 1510 viewsjohncharles

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Strong and stable my arse.

Swansea on 10:53 - Dec 2 with 1506 viewsTacticalR

Swansea on 10:51 - Dec 2 by johncharles

Tora! Tora! Tora!

It's the only language they understand.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024