Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inane chanting 18:53 - Dec 1 with 4558 viewsrunningman75

Due to work commitments was my first game at Loftus Road for a while and sat in the Upper Loft ( viagogo ticket). Though Schmeichel was time wasting from the time Leicester scored ,there were some stupid chants from Q block ( nothing changes). The come on you r's , Charlie songs and other encouragement is great and the atmosphere was very good.
However think it is time to name and shame the stupid chanters as Loftus Road would be a better place without them.
Inane chanting on 11:21 - Dec 2 with 1304 viewsGroveR

Inane chanting on 09:31 - Dec 2 by DWQPR

Never forgot that cup replay against the Arse in 1990 when Tony Adams went up for a corner at the Loftus Road end to an absolute concophony of 'eeee-awwwwws' and loads of carrots raining down on him. The league game a few weeks later saw the old bill searching everyone going into the Loft forsake vegetable.

Who's that driving on the pavement?
Who's that crashing through the wall?
He plays in red and white and he's plastered every night
Tony Adams is a donkey after all.

Still one of my all-time favourites.
Inane chanting on 11:22 - Dec 2 with 1303 viewsGroveR

Inane chanting on 10:15 - Dec 2 by paulparker

Don't forget the Winding up of Pat Van Den Hawe wombat
"bill wyman shagged your wife " "mandy takes it up the ar*e " etc
never seen a player lose it so badly as him that day

Wasn't he in the papers as well at the time for allegedly giving her a dig?
Inane chanting on 11:25 - Dec 2 with 1296 viewshoopdog

Yeah but cmon lads we have to take into account the views of these delicate flower tourists that on the odd occasion use Viagogo
Inane chanting on 11:32 - Dec 2 with 1278 viewspaulparker

Inane chanting on 11:22 - Dec 2 by GroveR

Wasn't he in the papers as well at the time for allegedly giving her a dig?

he was indeed GroveR, well Remembered
Im Pretty sure that was the game that Bobby Mimms let one in between his legs from a Kerslake Daisy cutter ,
going back to Seamen does anyone recall the Loft all waiving their arms in the air
singing "lets all do the seamen" after the Nayim goal, even spunky saw the funny side
that was the year that Sinton got dogs abuse as well when he came back playing for Sheff Wed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Inane chanting on 11:39 - Dec 2 with 1259 viewsRangersw12

Inane chanting on 11:32 - Dec 2 by paulparker

he was indeed GroveR, well Remembered
Im Pretty sure that was the game that Bobby Mimms let one in between his legs from a Kerslake Daisy cutter ,
going back to Seamen does anyone recall the Loft all waiving their arms in the air
singing "lets all do the seamen" after the Nayim goal, even spunky saw the funny side
that was the year that Sinton got dogs abuse as well when he came back playing for Sheff Wed

Remember the whole away doing that at Highbury during a drab 0-0 around 93/94

Best chant has to be "fat boy your birds a slag" at Southampton in the mid 90's
Inane chanting on 11:43 - Dec 2 with 1250 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Inane chanting on 12:00 - Dec 2 with 1221 viewswombat

Inane chanting on 11:39 - Dec 2 by Rangersw12

Remember the whole away doing that at Highbury during a drab 0-0 around 93/94

Best chant has to be "fat boy your birds a slag" at Southampton in the mid 90's

there was a group of us who took severe office to seaman leaving us , so we stood behind him for the rest of his time giving him I wanna join a big club i wanna join a big club whenever he was in earshot.

cant stand the moustached w@anker to this day

dont forget the guy in the vivid pink jumper at portman road in the mid 80s as well he was hammered for all his worth

and one of my personal favs was mariner mariner marry mariner when he gets the ball he does feck all marry mariner sung for close to 90 mins at portman road he even mentioned it in his press conference that the fans got to him that day , on our day when the mood takes us we can hammer players, teams with verbal

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Inane chanting on 12:36 - Dec 2 with 1151 viewsWareRanger

Inane chanting on 09:27 - Dec 2 by CHUBBS

Right,so you rarely go to games,but when you do,you expect to be entertained by a politically correct choir preferably sitting in a family friendly block?
I think you may be in the wrong game mate!

The guy who started this thread may only rarely go to games but I've got a season ticket, I go to most away games and I've been watching the R's for almost 40 years. I agree with him that the Schmeichel chant was pathetic and embarrassing.
There's a massive difference between a hostile atmosphere and just moronic chanting. Just look at the Chelsea game three years ago. Similarly, there's also a massive difference between chanting about Tony Adams / Kerry Dixon being a donkey and any chant including the 'c word'.
Whether you like it or not, football is a family attended sport these days and if that sort of pathetic chanting puts off just one family from attending then it really is doing no one any favours.
And if you think that a pro like Schmeichel is going to be upset or put off by being called sh!t then you really are deluded.
Next worse chant - 'Your support is fcuking sh!t'. Absolutely pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Inane chanting on 12:59 - Dec 2 with 1119 viewsR_from_afar

Inane chanting on 19:26 - Dec 1 by runningman75

The place for stupid chanters is called Stamford Bridge.

Seconded. The rude chant about the Schmeichels was OTT, "Your dad's still better than you" would've been more eloquent.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Inane chanting on 13:13 - Dec 2 with 1086 viewsRangersw12

Inane chanting on 12:36 - Dec 2 by WareRanger

The guy who started this thread may only rarely go to games but I've got a season ticket, I go to most away games and I've been watching the R's for almost 40 years. I agree with him that the Schmeichel chant was pathetic and embarrassing.
There's a massive difference between a hostile atmosphere and just moronic chanting. Just look at the Chelsea game three years ago. Similarly, there's also a massive difference between chanting about Tony Adams / Kerry Dixon being a donkey and any chant including the 'c word'.
Whether you like it or not, football is a family attended sport these days and if that sort of pathetic chanting puts off just one family from attending then it really is doing no one any favours.
And if you think that a pro like Schmeichel is going to be upset or put off by being called sh!t then you really are deluded.
Next worse chant - 'Your support is fcuking sh!t'. Absolutely pathetic.

Lighten up for christ sake if a family gets put off by chanting then they probably chose the wrong sport in the first place
Inane chanting on 13:44 - Dec 2 with 1047 viewswombat

Inane chanting on 13:13 - Dec 2 by Rangersw12

Lighten up for christ sake if a family gets put off by chanting then they probably chose the wrong sport in the first place

and this is why most football games these days are silent the workds gone pc correct mad

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:45 - Dec 2 with 1046 viewsWareRanger

Inane chanting on 13:13 - Dec 2 by Rangersw12

Inane chanting on 14:27 - Dec 2 with 991 viewsrunningman75

I am usually light hearted. I love the pro QPR chants and do not mind singing about where to stick Chelski's blue flag. Personal chants can be funny. I remember a some funny ones towards Niall Quinn when we played Sunderland years ago ( may be a tourist now but not a fairweather fan). I just felt the ones on Saturday to Schmeichel were not funny, I need a sense of humour bypass according to some but nice after more than 30 years of supporting the r's I am seen as a tourist who does not know about the hoops.
Inane chanting on 14:46 - Dec 2 with 966 viewswombat

Inane chanting on 14:27 - Dec 2 by runningman75

I am usually light hearted. I love the pro QPR chants and do not mind singing about where to stick Chelski's blue flag. Personal chants can be funny. I remember a some funny ones towards Niall Quinn when we played Sunderland years ago ( may be a tourist now but not a fairweather fan). I just felt the ones on Saturday to Schmeichel were not funny, I need a sense of humour bypass according to some but nice after more than 30 years of supporting the r's I am seen as a tourist who does not know about the hoops.

Not seen anyone saying your a tourist , but maybe a sense of humour might be an idea , football is bloody sterile these days and sometimes we manage to break that in our own style yes some may think its un PC most things are these days it seems . maybe I dont want to grow up and act pc correct though

Inane chanting on 15:19 - Dec 2 with 927 viewsDWQPR

Lucky the OP wasn't at St Mary's earlier this season when some of our 'supporters' really did hit rock bottom. Whst I can't understand though is the constant goading of the opposition supporters when they are not singing. I don't want them to sing and get behind their team. I want them to stay quiet, although the 'Stewards, stewards give us a song' at the Ricoh in our first promotion year, just after Xmas was funny.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Inane chanting on 15:48 - Dec 2 with 868 viewsjohncharles

Remember Mike Sheron's return to Loftus Road ? Got so much abuse of every kind that he barely got through first half

Strong and stable my arse.

Inane chanting on 15:55 - Dec 2 with 858 viewsAgedR

Inane chanting on 14:46 - Dec 2 by wombat

Not seen anyone saying your a tourist , but maybe a sense of humour might be an idea , football is bloody sterile these days and sometimes we manage to break that in our own style yes some may think its un PC most things are these days it seems . maybe I dont want to grow up and act pc correct though

Of course swearing has a place in the stands and the occasional dropping of the c bomb can be very funny.

But, calling Schmiechal a cxnt?

It's hardly Derek & Clive.

I got pulled up by a older fan in the Upper Loft for using language in the early 80s. "Not funny son. It has to be funny", he said.

And he was right, the old cxnt

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Inane chanting on 15:58 - Dec 2 with 853 viewswombat

Inane chanting on 15:48 - Dec 2 by johncharles

Remember Mike Sheron's return to Loftus Road ? Got so much abuse of every kind that he barely got through first half

bit like his entire rangers career then really 2.7 million he makes SWP look like a bargain

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024