Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 7million buy out clause 12:35 - Jan 6 with 5401 viewsClinton

According to this BBc story - see 12:28
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/30513714

I didn't realise. Not seen this posted before, apologies if ferdy

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 12:46 - Jan 6 with 4386 viewssomersetsimon

Might well be nonsense anyway, but how are these buy out clauses supposed to work?
If someone offered us £7M and Gomis wanted to go, would we have to let him go? How would you make this enforceable? If a player is unhappy here and would prefer to move to the other club, then it would be stupid to keep him. However, we would only sell a player for a price we are happy with. How does this clause change things?
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 12:53 - Jan 6 with 4336 viewsApeShit

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 12:46 - Jan 6 by somersetsimon

Might well be nonsense anyway, but how are these buy out clauses supposed to work?
If someone offered us £7M and Gomis wanted to go, would we have to let him go? How would you make this enforceable? If a player is unhappy here and would prefer to move to the other club, then it would be stupid to keep him. However, we would only sell a player for a price we are happy with. How does this clause change things?

As far as I am aware, we would have to accept the offer.

It would then be up to Gomis to decide whether he wanted to move to said club.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of our top players have buy-out clauses, maybe the board use this as a bargaining tool as we don't offer as big wages as some other clubs?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 12:54]
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 13:21 - Jan 6 with 4180 viewsthomasJack

With a buyout the club have tell gomis if there came a offer more then the £7mill

Poll: Next signing

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 13:27 - Jan 6 with 4131 viewsApeShit

Found this link mate:
http://www.danielgeey.com/buy-out-release-clauses-in-football-the-basics/
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 13:31 - Jan 6 with 4102 viewshobo

People need to play Championship Manager more...
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 3987 viewssomersetsimon

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 13:27 - Jan 6 by ApeShit

Found this link mate:
http://www.danielgeey.com/buy-out-release-clauses-in-football-the-basics/

Thanks - that was worth reading. It's interesting to note that putting in a release clause that is above a player's real valuation is effectively saying that the club isn't obliged to sell a player if it doesn't want to, which is the same as every other contract! The club is perfectly at liberty to sell a player below the release clause value if they wanted to.

So, assuming that this clause exists and Palace want to buy Gomis and he wants to go, I hope we have an additional clause that says it has to be done at most 2 weeks before the end of the transfer window!
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:10 - Jan 6 with 3869 viewsdobjack2

I'm sure I read an article a few weeks back that suggested that the release clause does not become operative until the summer.
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:44 - Jan 6 with 3778 viewsHuw57

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 13:31 - Jan 6 by hobo

People need to play Championship Manager more...

Yeah, aha! No, a buy out clause is triggered as soon as as a club offer X amount of money and that player is free to talk to them, and nobody can stop him.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:52 - Jan 6 with 3731 viewsjackpot

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:10 - Jan 6 by dobjack2

I'm sure I read an article a few weeks back that suggested that the release clause does not become operative until the summer.

I read the same a few weeks ago saying that it doesn't come into force until June.
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 3704 viewsQuakerJack

SSN said this morning that we've told Palace he's going nowhere. How could we do this if he had a clause?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 3701 viewsClinton

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:52 - Jan 6 by jackpot

I read the same a few weeks ago saying that it doesn't come into force until June.

I reckon that's good, news.
Interestingly, the buyout clause statement was trotted out today on the Telegraph website as well. Funny how these so-called 'facts' proliferate, lazy journalism again.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 16:00 - Jan 6 with 3692 viewsLord_Bony

I ve mentioned on here a few imes he has a £7 buyout Clause put on by the owners at Lyon.
He is on a free transfer to us at the moment we just pay his wages...he is free to go to whoever meets the price any day now....

There is a LOT of interest in Gomis from clubs desperate for a good striker...amongst interest shown from arsenal,Newcastle ,crystal Palace...

We would do well to hold onto him over the next three weeks...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 16:03 - Jan 6 with 3681 viewsQuakerJack

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 16:00 - Jan 6 by Lord_Bony

I ve mentioned on here a few imes he has a £7 buyout Clause put on by the owners at Lyon.
He is on a free transfer to us at the moment we just pay his wages...he is free to go to whoever meets the price any day now....

There is a LOT of interest in Gomis from clubs desperate for a good striker...amongst interest shown from arsenal,Newcastle ,crystal Palace...

How does this work? What Lyon put in their contract with him has no bearing on us... that's expired, he has a new contract with us which he signed following his free move. He's nothing to do with Lyon anymore.

Unless I'm missing something?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 19:45 - Jan 6 with 3419 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 15:58 - Jan 6 by QuakerJack

SSN said this morning that we've told Palace he's going nowhere. How could we do this if he had a clause?

Because HJ is godlike and can do what he want's.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 19:51 - Jan 6 with 3381 viewsreddythered

What you're intimating is he's really only on loan to you then, which I find perplexing.

If you're implying he's left Lyon, has joined you on a free transfer but Lyon still have a say over where he transfers, isn't that breaking UEFA rules with regards to third party ownership of a player?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 20:04 - Jan 6 with 3316 viewsTom1912

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 19:51 - Jan 6 by reddythered

What you're intimating is he's really only on loan to you then, which I find perplexing.

If you're implying he's left Lyon, has joined you on a free transfer but Lyon still have a say over where he transfers, isn't that breaking UEFA rules with regards to third party ownership of a player?

Yeah, Lyon aren't involved at all. That would make zero sense.
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 20:13 - Jan 6 with 3265 viewsGiant_Penguins

Liverpool owner John Henry didnt seem to think a release clause is worth the paper its written on*, so perhaps we can just keep the player although if he wants to go he might not be worth holding on to.

* source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26414167
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 20:14 - Jan 6 with 3262 viewsItchySphincter

That would be a loan. He's not their player, we signed him on a Bosman, unless you mean Lyon have an option to buy him back for a set fee.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:19 - Jan 6 with 3038 viewsLord_Bony

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 20:14 - Jan 6 by ItchySphincter

That would be a loan. He's not their player, we signed him on a Bosman, unless you mean Lyon have an option to buy him back for a set fee.

From what I can remember,I could be wrong,Lyon insisted on the £7m clause to help us...

He is on a free transfer to us we re paying about 80k wages a week at the moment..

So anyone who wants to buy him has to meet the minimum £7 million...this will be pure profit to us in other words a master stroke considering we tried to buy him for £10 m a year ago...

Looks like Newcastle are coming on strong for him....he wants more game time so he s a free agent if they meet the £7 million .

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:27 - Jan 6 with 2994 viewsjackpot

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:19 - Jan 6 by Lord_Bony

From what I can remember,I could be wrong,Lyon insisted on the £7m clause to help us...

He is on a free transfer to us we re paying about 80k wages a week at the moment..

So anyone who wants to buy him has to meet the minimum £7 million...this will be pure profit to us in other words a master stroke considering we tried to buy him for £10 m a year ago...

Looks like Newcastle are coming on strong for him....he wants more game time so he s a free agent if they meet the £7 million .

How can this be clear profit when he had a large signing on fee believed to be £2m to £3m.
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:31 - Jan 6 with 2963 viewsLord_Bony

I did nt know it was that. But still not bad for us but remember he is not tied to us if someone meets the buy out clause....sadly I think he ll be gone soon...

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:35 - Jan 6 with 2925 viewsSenhin

How would it be a masterstroke to put something in his contract that means we have to accept a 7m bid even if it leaves us f*cked with no striker? It would be of no benefit for us, release clauses only benefit the player. We could accept 7m if that's what someone bid and that's all we wanted without a clause.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:39 - Jan 6 with 2898 viewsmorningstar

Why would Lyon insist on a £7m buy out clause to help us? If he signs for us on a free transfer at the end of his contract it has absolutely sod all to do with Lyon?

Of course, after that your post just went downhill! Have you been drinking? heavily?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 22:41]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:44 - Jan 6 with 2862 viewsJJJack

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:39 - Jan 6 by morningstar

Why would Lyon insist on a £7m buy out clause to help us? If he signs for us on a free transfer at the end of his contract it has absolutely sod all to do with Lyon?

Of course, after that your post just went downhill! Have you been drinking? heavily?

His "reason for wanting to leave" according to the Press is that he wants more game time. Well he's clearly gonna get exactly this so I'd be amazed if he left before the summer by which point he may well not want to....even though I seriously doubt he actually wants to go at present anyway.
Gomis 7million buy out clause on 23:36 - Jan 6 with 2777 viewsLord_Bony

Gomis 7million buy out clause on 22:39 - Jan 6 by morningstar

I'm on my hols so But only in moderation.

I said I could be wrong...maybe it s something to do with the leftovers of the contact with st ettiene or something the buyout clause. Anyways goodnight luvvies. Nos da..

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024