Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding 07:14 - Jan 9 with 30525 viewsSince1967

The most startling revelation by Owen in his letter is that he is suing Tim Fielding. Talk about lighting the blue touch paper
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 20:04 - Jan 19 with 4663 viewsSince1967

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 22:36 - Jan 18 by KOSBowlCut

All gone very quiet on this one - does anyone know when this legal action is likely to take place? Should make it Pay Per View - more than pay for Tim's courts costs!

I think we could probably do with an update from BST. Especially those of us who have sent money
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 20:04]
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 09:07 - Jan 20 with 4579 viewsWizaard

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 20:04 - Jan 19 by Since1967

I think we could probably do with an update from BST. Especially those of us who have sent money
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 20:04]

To be fair to BST it's not for them to dictate whether individuals decide to proceed to actually going to court to defend themselves.

All the cases are against individuals and as such, it's their personal decision.

BST should and I'm sure, will not take part in that decision making, but will support the individuals as required.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 07:19 - Jan 27 with 4376 viewsSince1967

First fan is in court this week, albeit just an administrative hearing. Another has had a meeting with Owen. Apparently this is an obligatory part of the process to see if a settlement can be reached
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 08:59 - Jan 27 with 4346 viewsWizaard

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 07:19 - Jan 27 by Since1967

First fan is in court this week, albeit just an administrative hearing. Another has had a meeting with Owen. Apparently this is an obligatory part of the process to see if a settlement can be reached

From what I heard at Watford, the letters are still being issued.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 09:09 - Jan 27 with 4344 viewsscratchingshed

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 08:59 - Jan 27 by Wizaard

From what I heard at Watford, the letters are still being issued.

Don't worry Wiz pretty sure postman pat won't be delivering you one.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 11:05 - Jan 28 with 4216 viewsWizaard

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 09:09 - Jan 27 by scratchingshed

Don't worry Wiz pretty sure postman pat won't be delivering you one.

Based on who has been targeted and why, I wouldn't bet against it
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 13:58 - Jan 28 with 4157 viewsPlumbs

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 11:05 - Jan 28 by Wizaard

Based on who has been targeted and why, I wouldn't bet against it

RSPCA are writing yo you Wizz from what I heard in West Yorkshire circles;thats no way to treat a ferret who are after all Gods creatures.

Anyway-have you started queuing for the your FACR5 tickets yet?

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 14:37 - Jan 28 with 4137 viewsWizaard

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 13:58 - Jan 28 by Plumbs

RSPCA are writing yo you Wizz from what I heard in West Yorkshire circles;thats no way to treat a ferret who are after all Gods creatures.

Anyway-have you started queuing for the your FACR5 tickets yet?

I'm in Brass Band A
Login to get fewer ads

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 4106 viewsPlumbs

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 14:37 - Jan 28 by Wizaard

I'm in Brass Band A

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 08:14 - Feb 5 with 3896 viewsSince1967

Looks like today will be interesting in Manchester with lots of fans travelling to support. We are also promised media coverage.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 18:18 - Feb 12 with 3618 viewssteve_g

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 08:14 - Feb 5 by Since1967

Looks like today will be interesting in Manchester with lots of fans travelling to support. We are also promised media coverage.

When does Tim's case come to court? Before Raggy is back in?

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 19:36 - Feb 12 with 3560 viewstde74

Tim has posted a public apology on Fansonline.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 19:44 - Feb 12 with 3549 viewsSince1967

The apology in full:
In recent months I have made several postings on fans' websites and social media (in my own name and under the pseudonym " TwelveAngryMen") in which I have referred to Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston as having "asset stripped" Blackpool Football Club; as having "misappropriated football generated funds“; and as having made large personal profits by buying assets from BFC at one price and then selling the same assets back to BFC at a substantially increased price.
I now regret making the allegations and unreservedly withdraw these allegations.
In particular I accept that the only part of the land on which the Travelodge hotel now stands was bought by Owen Oyston from BFC’s parent company Segesta Limited in 2007 and that the price he paid had been independently valued at fair market value. I accept that subsequently Owen Oyston sold that land, together with other land on which the Travelodge hotel has been developed and constructed by him, for a price that had again been independently valued as fair market value. I also accept that Segesta now receives substantial on-going financial benefit from the rental income of over £500,000 per year payable by Travelodge hotel.
I accept my comments may well have led others to think that I was alleging that Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston had acted dishonestly in relation to BFC. My comments were not intended to make any such allegation, and I accept that any such allegation would be unwarranted and a serious misrepresentation.
I recognise that my actions have, in view of my position as Chairman of the BST (Blackpool Supporters Trust) helped to generate hostility towards the Oyston family. With hindsight, I am clear that I should not have made those postings and I very much regret having done so.
I hope other users of social media, will see how damaging untrue and inaccurate postings can be.
I would like to sincerely and unreservedly apologise to Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston for the harm distress and financial losses my comments have caused them (and by association the football club).
In recognition of this, I have agreed with their suggestion that I should make a donation to the Blackpool FC in lieu of damages and legal costs.
After a frank discussion with Owen Oyston, I acknowledge that Mr Owen Oyston is a genuine fan of the football club and that he and his family have only the best interest of BFC at heart. I recognise the Club is now in a significantly healthier financial position that when the Oyston family first became involved with it. I note the combined net asset value at cost of Segesta and BFC were £32,000,000 as at May 2014 compared with minus £42,000 in May 1987. I accept that the Oyston family is, and has always been, for the financial stability and success of the Club.
I believe that whilst fans and management may sometimes have differing views as to how best to seek to replicate the Club’s recent success on the pitch, it is fundamental that everyone should work together rather than create divisions.
I resigned as Chairman of BST in January.
TIM FIELDING
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 19:44 - Feb 12 with 3548 viewsSince1967

Another post suggests Tim has had to pay £20k
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 20:02 - Feb 12 with 3528 viewsTejas

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 19:44 - Feb 12 by Since1967

The apology in full:
In recent months I have made several postings on fans' websites and social media (in my own name and under the pseudonym " TwelveAngryMen") in which I have referred to Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston as having "asset stripped" Blackpool Football Club; as having "misappropriated football generated funds“; and as having made large personal profits by buying assets from BFC at one price and then selling the same assets back to BFC at a substantially increased price.
I now regret making the allegations and unreservedly withdraw these allegations.
In particular I accept that the only part of the land on which the Travelodge hotel now stands was bought by Owen Oyston from BFC’s parent company Segesta Limited in 2007 and that the price he paid had been independently valued at fair market value. I accept that subsequently Owen Oyston sold that land, together with other land on which the Travelodge hotel has been developed and constructed by him, for a price that had again been independently valued as fair market value. I also accept that Segesta now receives substantial on-going financial benefit from the rental income of over £500,000 per year payable by Travelodge hotel.
I accept my comments may well have led others to think that I was alleging that Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston had acted dishonestly in relation to BFC. My comments were not intended to make any such allegation, and I accept that any such allegation would be unwarranted and a serious misrepresentation.
I recognise that my actions have, in view of my position as Chairman of the BST (Blackpool Supporters Trust) helped to generate hostility towards the Oyston family. With hindsight, I am clear that I should not have made those postings and I very much regret having done so.
I hope other users of social media, will see how damaging untrue and inaccurate postings can be.
I would like to sincerely and unreservedly apologise to Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston for the harm distress and financial losses my comments have caused them (and by association the football club).
In recognition of this, I have agreed with their suggestion that I should make a donation to the Blackpool FC in lieu of damages and legal costs.
After a frank discussion with Owen Oyston, I acknowledge that Mr Owen Oyston is a genuine fan of the football club and that he and his family have only the best interest of BFC at heart. I recognise the Club is now in a significantly healthier financial position that when the Oyston family first became involved with it. I note the combined net asset value at cost of Segesta and BFC were £32,000,000 as at May 2014 compared with minus £42,000 in May 1987. I accept that the Oyston family is, and has always been, for the financial stability and success of the Club.
I believe that whilst fans and management may sometimes have differing views as to how best to seek to replicate the Club’s recent success on the pitch, it is fundamental that everyone should work together rather than create divisions.
TIM FIELDING

Hmmm. Straight from the ISIS book of forced confessions!
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 21:00 - Feb 12 with 3454 viewsribble

The apology in full:
TIM FIELDING

The Oystons will no doubt consider Tim's 'apology' a victory. It isn't, far from it.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 22:29 - Feb 12 with 3410 viewsOldSkool

Another post suggests Tim has had to pay £20k

Mosser & The Stockport One are confirming this on AVFTT.

Utterly deplorable action.

I cannot justify attending matches anymore..

I'm out.

Demos only, from now on.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 22:58]
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 22:39 - Feb 12 with 3396 viewsfleetwoodbry

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 22:29 - Feb 12 by OldSkool

Mosser & The Stockport One are confirming this on AVFTT.

Utterly deplorable action.

I cannot justify attending matches anymore..

I'm out.

Demos only, from now on.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 22:58]

If the sums involved are correct they seem to consider alleged asset stripping 4 times worse than alleged spreading of std's, how strange is that!! Feel for Tim and his family as he seems like a straight up guy, doesn't bode too well for the guy in court in a couple of weeks imho
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 23:19 - Feb 12 with 3351 viewsOverWired

The apology in full:
TIM FIELDING

Thank you for the statement Tim. It's obviously genuine and I can see that you've really thought about it and it comes from the heart.
Ever the PR man, Owen has again proven how to self-promote his image and this is by far better than the 'fall into swimming pool' estate agent advert.
I applaud you Mr Oyston with regard to bringing evermore awareness to our plight.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 23:29 - Feb 12 with 3344 viewsCurryman

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 23:19 - Feb 12 by OverWired

Thank you for the statement Tim. It's obviously genuine and I can see that you've really thought about it and it comes from the heart.
Ever the PR man, Owen has again proven how to self-promote his image and this is by far better than the 'fall into swimming pool' estate agent advert.
I applaud you Mr Oyston with regard to bringing evermore awareness to our plight.

Whereas the O's have to skulk around and pretend to put on a brave face whilst they are beefing up their bodyguard network, Tim can walk around with his head held high.

A true Gentleman if ever there was one.

I admit to having been a so called bumspider for many years, but, over the last two seasons my opinions have gone from fairly positive to completely negative where they are concerned.

I would put on record that Tim's posts in no way coloured my views of them.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 00:58 - Feb 13 with 3309 viewsseasider13

This is a shocking turn of events, the club I've loved since the mid sixties is barely recognizable, what a mess, with no end in sight of the misery.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 3121 viewsWizaard

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 22:39 - Feb 12 by fleetwoodbry

If the sums involved are correct they seem to consider alleged asset stripping 4 times worse than alleged spreading of std's, how strange is that!! Feel for Tim and his family as he seems like a straight up guy, doesn't bode too well for the guy in court in a couple of weeks imho

Tim was left with no other option but to put his family and career first. He's done the right thing and all right minded fans know why.

Once again, this is a massive PR disaster for the Oystons. When will they learn that antagonising the fans can only end in tears for them?
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 20:48 - Feb 13 with 3066 viewsfleetwoodbry

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 18:27 - Feb 13 by Wizaard

Tim was left with no other option but to put his family and career first. He's done the right thing and all right minded fans know why.

Once again, this is a massive PR disaster for the Oystons. When will they learn that antagonising the fans can only end in tears for them?

Quite correct Wiz, family comes 1st EVERY time it's just such a sad state of affairs imho
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 21:13 - Feb 13 with 3057 viewsWizaard

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 20:48 - Feb 13 by fleetwoodbry

Quite correct Wiz, family comes 1st EVERY time it's just such a sad state of affairs imho

Sad doesn't begin to sum up what's happening at my club. It's still my club and your's and they can never take that away.
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 21:21 - Feb 13 with 3054 viewsfleetwoodbry

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 21:13 - Feb 13 by Wizaard

Sad doesn't begin to sum up what's happening at my club. It's still my club and your's and they can never take that away.

Not mine Wiz as you know, but i catch your drift mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024