Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New centre half 08:29 - Jan 13 with 23145 viewsupthedale89

The deal should be signed sealed and delivered before Friday.
New centre half (n/t) on 12:25 - Jan 19 with 3334 viewsalbert_parkx

New centre half on 18:29 - Jan 18 by alex_roch39

Whoever this is leaking the information is obviously someone from inside the club and although we're always interested to hear inside information, it's probably doing more harm than good. Stop abusing your position of trust, because it will come back to haunt you.

New centre half on 12:29 - Jan 19 with 3300 viewsalbert_parkx

New centre half on 18:29 - Jan 18 by alex_roch39

Whoever this is leaking the information is obviously someone from inside the club and although we're always interested to hear inside information, it's probably doing more harm than good. Stop abusing your position of trust, because it will come back to haunt you.

I agree. If anyone is leaking information they have to be careful who they share it with. Whenever I receive information I keep it to myself.
New centre half on 12:30 - Jan 19 with 3285 viewstazzydjr

New centre half on 20:48 - Jan 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

Cant see any way Blackburn would sell us Jack and certainly not for £200k - if they did then I am almost certain they would have a buy back clause or a huge sell on clause - either way is fine really but I cant see us getting him for less that 400k and that means we won't be getting him :)

Rovers can only transfer on a one in one out basis under the embargo

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

New centre half on 12:47 - Jan 19 with 3199 viewsdingdangblue

New centre half on 12:30 - Jan 19 by tazzydjr

I think that means they have to sell a player before they buy a player - but it doesn't stop them just selling a player. Traditionally we don't spend money on transfer fees any more - the club seem to deem this as 'dead money' which we cant afford on top of a players wage. Jack O'Connell would be a terrific 'INVESTMENT' for this club but its one we couldn't really afford - say we offered all of the FA CUP money made + part of the Hogan money and bid 400 - 500k - yes we could sell him in a years time for a profit but its a risk I really don't imagine the club will ever make - unless we progressed to Championship level which really would be an unbelievable and unlikely achievement.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New centre half on 12:50 - Jan 19 with 3186 viewsParkinsGimp

Yeah Dingdang its too risky for the club to spend that money on one player. Shame but a sad fact of reality at the Dale. Survival first .
New centre half on 13:32 - Jan 19 with 2992 viewsRowZ

I could see a 250k bid along with Jack trying to 'force' the move a possibility. Especially if rovers are short for cash. Personally I'd move on and look elsewhere, Eastham and Lancashire are doing well at the moment so until one receives a ban or injury we can bide our time for a few weeks in terms of signing a defender. A 4 month loan deal for Craig Dawson would surely push us well towards a play-off spot..... we can all dream.
New centre half on 13:34 - Jan 19 with 2986 viewsfitzochris

It’s an interesting one this.

O’Connell is definitely one of the best centre halves I’ve seen at our level at his age, definitely comparable to Dawson. He is without doubt worth a considerable outlay, if any club decided to acquire him permanently. However, our model now seems to revolve around picking up experienced players who are out of contract, or blooding capable youngsters from our Academy.

Would a record transfer fee and high wages be worth breaking the model for? Or do we have a young centre half in the Academy who will be just as good, if not better, than O’Connell given time, whereby a loanee plugs the gap in the interim?

Hilly has spent money while here, but mainly on strikers if I’m not mistaken (ALF and Shaw are the two who spring to mind). If we paid a fee for Craig Dawson, I’m sure it was modest. I don’t know. I just can’t see Hilly asking the board for £200-400k for one player.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New centre half on 13:35 - Jan 19 with 2972 viewsisitme

New centre half on 12:30 - Jan 19 by tazzydjr

They can sell as many as they want Tazzy. It is bringing in players that there are restrictions on.
Login to get fewer ads

New centre half on 13:50 - Jan 19 with 2908 viewselectricblue

It seems that Palace are to bid £4m for Gestede.......
That i presume will be swallowed up by their debts........

With regards to O'connell signing for a fee didnt Dale cough up £80k for Flounders..
Then £100 for platt and £125k Connor....

So really Dale have paid huge sums in the past and not risked the clubs status in doing so....

So fee if its agreed for O'connell is possible..........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New centre half on 13:56 - Jan 19 with 2877 viewsfitzochris

New centre half on 13:50 - Jan 19 by electricblue

It seems that Palace are to bid £4m for Gestede.......
That i presume will be swallowed up by their debts........

With regards to O'connell signing for a fee didnt Dale cough up £80k for Flounders..
Then £100 for platt and £125k Connor....

So really Dale have paid huge sums in the past and not risked the clubs status in doing so....

So fee if its agreed for O'connell is possible..........

I'm sure Platt and Connor were purchased on the strength of ITV Digital money before it went bust.

We certainly can't afford to throw around those kinds of sums with any regularity these days, cup run or no cup run.

New centre half on 14:07 - Jan 19 with 2831 viewsD_Alien

With ownership of the stadium still to be resolved, I can't see us spending a significant sum on a player, however much we're impressed with him.

If the stadium issue wasn't a factor, I don't see why a cheeky £200k bid would go amiss, and see what happens.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New centre half on 14:10 - Jan 19 with 2813 viewssweetcorn

New centre half on 13:56 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

I'm sure Platt and Connor were purchased on the strength of ITV Digital money before it went bust.

We certainly can't afford to throw around those kinds of sums with any regularity these days, cup run or no cup run.

When we first got promoted the board had a tough decision to make whether to stump up the cash for cog. We did, he went on to get 20 goals and we got promoted. See this as a similar scenario, this could be a transfer which could seal us that play-off place. The extra full house at spotland would cover the transfer.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

New centre half on 14:21 - Jan 19 with 2777 viewsfitzochris

New centre half on 14:10 - Jan 19 by sweetcorn

When we first got promoted the board had a tough decision to make whether to stump up the cash for cog. We did, he went on to get 20 goals and we got promoted. See this as a similar scenario, this could be a transfer which could seal us that play-off place. The extra full house at spotland would cover the transfer.

Tough one isn't it?

The problem with centre halves is that their success is harder to measure than a striker's, whose barometer is goals. I'm sure the board know Jack's worth as much as everyone else connected to the club, but would they sanction the transfer fee AND the wages? Would Hilly even want them to?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 14:21]

New centre half on 14:43 - Jan 19 with 2721 viewsMoonyDale

New centre half on 14:10 - Jan 19 by sweetcorn

The club didn't pay for COG, his transfer fee was paid for privately out of a directors funds as far as I can remember.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New centre half on 15:23 - Jan 19 with 2607 viewsdingdangblue

New centre half on 14:21 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

Tough one isn't it?

The problem with centre halves is that their success is harder to measure than a striker's, whose barometer is goals. I'm sure the board know Jack's worth as much as everyone else connected to the club, but would they sanction the transfer fee AND the wages? Would Hilly even want them to?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 14:21]

Would the club be willing to broker a deal that involved a huge percentage sell on fee for Blackburn? Say 50/50? That would involve us maybe bidding 200k upfront then splitting whatever we make on him should we sell him on. Less risk of shelling out a massive amount initially and losing out. Cant believe O'Connell has gone back and isn't getting into the matchday squad and is happy with that? It is a useless waste of a cracking talent - unless he has a loan move on the cards to another League 1 club?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New centre half on 16:10 - Jan 19 with 2522 viewsaleanddale

New centre half on 14:43 - Jan 19 by MoonyDale

The club didn't pay for COG, his transfer fee was paid for privately out of a directors funds as far as I can remember.

I think it was stumped up by a third party. The channel island bloke kilpatrick? Who sadly passed away recently.

When Cog was sold though I think although not 100% sure the money was repaid back.

Handy rich supporter!! Think his son is now close ish to the club.
New centre half on 17:24 - Jan 19 with 2376 viewsAtThePeake

I can't help but feel, given that Hilly has pulled rabbit after rabbit out of his magic hat, that we can find a decent centre back either on loan, through the youth system, or on a cheap deal, instead of spending money on O'Connell.

Someone mentioned Peterborough with regards to speculating to accumulate. Have a look at the league table...
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 19:54]

Tangled up in blue.

New centre half on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 2284 viewsDaley_Lama

Spend nothing
Buy the ground
Spend something

Poll: DF in or out

New centre half on 09:56 - Jan 20 with 1909 viewsfitzochris

I know it annoys some folk when posts appear saying X, Y and Z are available, but Wolves have made Sam Ricketts available for loan. One of the most versatile defenders I ever did see.

New centre half on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 1678 viewsbennersdale

I think some are over valueing young Jack here, a bid of £150k with decent sell ons to blackburn would secure his signature in my opinion. He's a centre half who can't get on the bench of a mid table championship club though has had a few great loan spells with us and York. I think he is totally within our reach if Blackburn are willing to sell.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024