Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This forum 15:36 - Feb 3 with 10085 viewsmattjenkins1990

I have been regularly following the planet swans forum and do enjoy a number of the threads and debates posted.

What i cannot understand is why people are so hostile to one another, personal attacks on users including people who contribute regularly and moderators ... why ?

I honestly have seen less petulance in a school playground. We are all Swansea city fans with opinions about the club we love regardless of geographical location, status in the forum, season ticket holders or Trust members. We should not be Verbally attacked for posting our thoughts and opinions, its what makes freedom of speech great.

Swansea is supposed to be a family club, is highly regarded around the UK and the world for this, however this forum doesn't feel very family like to me

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

This forum on 15:39 - Feb 3 with 4063 viewsParlay

Every thread has some form of abuse where an opposing view is seen as an insult.

Its crazy.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This forum on 16:06 - Feb 3 with 4033 viewsmbl1966

Well said. I, like you will never understand the vitriol when we have, collectively, got so much to be 'together' about.

Top Mark

This forum on 16:16 - Feb 3 with 4015 viewsjudgejonevs

What I find frustrating at the moment is that threads that could become 'good reads', with differing opinions which I value become hijacked and then the both sides battle for supremacy. I just wish they would pm each other as the majority on here don't care about the petty squabbling.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

This forum on 16:30 - Feb 3 with 3989 viewsicecoldjack

I agree 100% with the OP.

Having a different opinion on here will leave you open to abuse, plain and simple. There is a

Its a shame because of all the forums i think this is still the best, some of the guys on here really know their footy and make some excellent points about the Swans, good,bad and ugly.

It's all a bit weird at times truth be told!

When we lose a game, constructive opinion as to why we lost is deemed as "doom mongering" and "massive overeaction"
But for some strange reason, when we win, the equal or opposite "massive overeaction "is suddenly perfectly fine !!

Some of the posts on here after we spawned a win against Southampton (about time we had a bit of luck)were quite unreal, instead of talking about how we achieved the win it was used for personal attacks on others, for some reason some people can't get the head around the idea that 99.999% of posters on here want nothing but the absolute best for SCFC, a win is welcome for EVERYONE not just them!

Some posters are absolutely first class on here, its why i stick around,amongst all the bollck$ and bull sh!te there are some great well informed swans fans that have alot of differing and thoughtful things to say. I've disagreed and agreed with people in equal measure

People need to remember it's the variety of opinion that make a message board worthwhile not the bullying of people into submission to believe everything with the Swans is always 100% perfect all the time . You would think some people would have caught onto this by now but alas not.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 16:32]
This forum on 16:37 - Feb 3 with 3975 viewsjudgejonevs

This forum on 16:30 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

I agree 100% with the OP.

Having a different opinion on here will leave you open to abuse, plain and simple. There is a

Its a shame because of all the forums i think this is still the best, some of the guys on here really know their footy and make some excellent points about the Swans, good,bad and ugly.

It's all a bit weird at times truth be told!

When we lose a game, constructive opinion as to why we lost is deemed as "doom mongering" and "massive overeaction"
But for some strange reason, when we win, the equal or opposite "massive overeaction "is suddenly perfectly fine !!

Some of the posts on here after we spawned a win against Southampton (about time we had a bit of luck)were quite unreal, instead of talking about how we achieved the win it was used for personal attacks on others, for some reason some people can't get the head around the idea that 99.999% of posters on here want nothing but the absolute best for SCFC, a win is welcome for EVERYONE not just them!

Some posters are absolutely first class on here, its why i stick around,amongst all the bollck$ and bull sh!te there are some great well informed swans fans that have alot of differing and thoughtful things to say. I've disagreed and agreed with people in equal measure

People need to remember it's the variety of opinion that make a message board worthwhile not the bullying of people into submission to believe everything with the Swans is always 100% perfect all the time . You would think some people would have caught onto this by now but alas not.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 16:32]

I agree.

This forum on 16:40 - Feb 3 with 3972 viewsDarran

This forum on 16:37 - Feb 3 by judgejonevs

I agree.

I don't agree,some people have wanted Monk to fail since day one and they still do.
(That's not aimed at Icey)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This forum on 16:44 - Feb 3 with 3963 viewsjudgejonevs

This forum on 16:40 - Feb 3 by Darran

I don't agree,some people have wanted Monk to fail since day one and they still do.

And that Darran is what made this forum site so good, the difference in opinions. The difference recently it's that instead of discussing the difference of opinions personal abuse is used.

This forum on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 3953 viewsicecoldjack

This forum on 16:44 - Feb 3 by judgejonevs

And that Darran is what made this forum site so good, the difference in opinions. The difference recently it's that instead of discussing the difference of opinions personal abuse is used.

Is the correct answer .
Login to get fewer ads

This forum on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 3953 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 16:40 - Feb 3 by Darran

I don't think anyone would want monk to "Fail", that would imply they do not want to see the club succeed which I think is counter intuitive for any fan

People may not believe that monk is the right man for the job / may not like what he is doing and are perfectly entitled to that opinion.

Each to there own.

Some valid points made, particually in relation to derailing threads, if people want to bicker, PM one another as it is very tedious for the other 99% of people who come to read about this great football club

This forum on 16:48 - Feb 3 with 3943 viewsjudgejonevs

From a personal perspective I cannot work out why someone would want monk to fail because ultimately that would mean Swansea has failed. I cannot believe anyone on here would want that.

This forum on 16:48 - Feb 3 with 3939 viewsDarran

This forum on 16:44 - Feb 3 by judgejonevs

What people wanting our current manager to fail?
How does that work then?

This forum on 16:54 - Feb 3 with 3916 viewsGreatBritton

I've followed the Swans for decades and for most of that time I've enjoyed arguing with my friends about performance, team selection, managers' flaws etc. When I discovered PS I was chuffed that I would now have so many more friends (I haven't got many in real life, make of that what you will) to debate with. I don't even mind the abuse when it's witty. But the constant "f*ck off"s and "pr*ck"s and w*nker"s do get me down. Why can't people use stars for consonants rather than always vowels?
This forum on 16:56 - Feb 3 with 3914 viewsjudgejonevs

This forum on 16:48 - Feb 3 by Darran

How does that work then?

Like I said in a previous post for me I can't work out why they would want monk to fail. But every time a discussion takes place to ascertain why it gets derailed.
I think peoples reactions on here are on different ends of the scale sometimes instead of taking a balanced view which I try my best to do.

This forum on 16:56 - Feb 3 with 3914 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 16:48 - Feb 3 by Darran

How does that work then?

I do not believe that any Swansea city fan would want Garry Monk to fail. People may be in disagreement with his footballing ideas or even dislike him as a person but wanting him to fail would mean wanting Swansea City AFC to fail which no fan of the club would want.

This forum on 16:57 - Feb 3 with 3909 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 16:56 - Feb 3 by judgejonevs

Like I said in a previous post for me I can't work out why they would want monk to fail. But every time a discussion takes place to ascertain why it gets derailed.
I think peoples reactions on here are on different ends of the scale sometimes instead of taking a balanced view which I try my best to do.

Almost like you read my mind

This forum on 16:57 - Feb 3 with 3909 viewsmonmouth

Mate, some folks on here could start a fight on their own in their bedsit. And it's probably not so much wanting Monk to fail (although there is one you might spot), as to just BE PROVED RIGHT to all the other sad nerd people like me that they've never met and will never meet.

Not to be confused mind, with those that are hoping for a better synthesis between results and entertainment, and alarm at the potential that we really might become 'just another club', on and off the field.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This forum on 17:00 - Feb 3 with 3891 viewsicecoldjack

This forum on 16:56 - Feb 3 by mattjenkins1990

I do not believe that any Swansea city fan would want Garry Monk to fail. People may be in disagreement with his footballing ideas or even dislike him as a person but wanting him to fail would mean wanting Swansea City AFC to fail which no fan of the club would want.

This is a concept lost on a few at Planet Swans!
This forum on 17:08 - Feb 3 with 3855 viewsDarran

This forum on 17:00 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

This is a concept lost on a few at Planet Swans!

Utter nonsense,some people would have loved us to be relegation fodder so Monk would have gone.
Fu*k me Icey its a year tomorrow since Laudrup left and one pri*k is still wa*king over him.

This forum on 17:10 - Feb 3 with 3847 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 16:57 - Feb 3 by monmouth

Mate, some folks on here could start a fight on their own in their bedsit. And it's probably not so much wanting Monk to fail (although there is one you might spot), as to just BE PROVED RIGHT to all the other sad nerd people like me that they've never met and will never meet.

Not to be confused mind, with those that are hoping for a better synthesis between results and entertainment, and alarm at the potential that we really might become 'just another club', on and off the field.

I understand the point you are making and agree there may be one or two who are so passionate and have argued so strenuously against Garry Monk that seeing him succeed may damage there public face, the reality of it is though he is the gaffer, he is who is currently leading our club. Like him or loath him we have no choice to support him (or go and support someone else)

I think your second point is particularly interesting and very topical in line with recent performances. I do not think we are in the best form we have seen but i also do not believe that players are happy to become anything other than Swansea city, one of the primary attractions for these players (other than PL status) is the football we play, the slick passing and movement and the desire to keep doing so.

The philosophy of the club is the passing game, we have had a succession of managers starting from Martinez who i believe first started to ingrain this style into the club, one thing has remained consistent and that is we try to play football. From time to time we will get fixtures where we will need to show resilience, remain structured and play for points.

A great team is one that picks up points even when they are not playing well and that is exactly what Garry has done on Sunday all be it probably with a bit of luck. I for one applaud him and the team for the effort.

(sorry about the essay)

This forum on 17:10 - Feb 3 with 3847 viewsjudgejonevs

That is spot on. People arguing for arguing sake. The club at the moment is at a cross roads on many fronts, playing style, tactics, stadium ownership, club ownership all of these should encourage huge discussions, it will never happen though at the moment because some posters tolerances of other posters opinions are zero.

This forum on 17:11 - Feb 3 with 3839 viewsskippyjack

This forum on 15:39 - Feb 3 by Parlay

Every thread has some form of abuse where an opposing view is seen as an insult.

Its crazy.

You need to tone it down.. it's turning into the Parlay show again.. we're looking for simple debate.. not a demographic thesis of our 2nd string becoming Real Madrid overnight..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This forum on 17:13 - Feb 3 with 3832 viewsexiledclaseboy

But for them to be proved "right" Monk has to fail. There's no difference in the two.

Poll: Tory leader

This forum on 17:14 - Feb 3 with 3832 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 17:08 - Feb 3 by Darran

Utter nonsense,some people would have loved us to be relegation fodder so Monk would have gone.
Fu*k me Icey its a year tomorrow since Laudrup left and one pri*k is still wa*king over him.

This is the sort of attitude that optimises why I started the thread, Is there any need for it ?

This forum on 17:16 - Feb 3 with 3819 viewsDarran

This forum on 17:14 - Feb 3 by mattjenkins1990

This is the sort of attitude that optimises why I started the thread, Is there any need for it ?

I'm speaking the truth though.

This forum on 17:17 - Feb 3 with 3813 viewsOldjack

Peace and goodwill to all men

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024