Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month 20:05 - Feb 16 with 18067 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2955853/Swansea-receive-invest
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 20:06]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:50 - Feb 17 with 1285 viewsPozuelosSideys

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:44 - Feb 17 by Private_Partz

And some would argue why we should drum up more interest? I am in that camp.

So youre going through a divorce, and youre in a nightclub. Youre stone cold sober and you choose the first bifter that shows a bit of interest in the darkness?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:52 - Feb 17 with 1284 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:49 - Feb 17 by dgt73

I'm happy to clear that up for you Lisa and that is I'm not related to or know any board member. The only board member I've ever spoken to is JVZ.....and stand to make no financial gain from the club in any way. I'm just a humble fan who has been going to watch the Swans since the mid-80's and have had a season ticket for many years.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 19:54]

that's fine dgt. It's just that there are obviously interested parties posting on here and it is confusing matters.

If it is genuinely your viewpoint then although I don't agree with it, I completely respect it as a genuine viewpoint.

None of us know what will happen in the future of course.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 1257 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:52 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

that's fine dgt. It's just that there are obviously interested parties posting on here and it is confusing matters.

If it is genuinely your viewpoint then although I don't agree with it, I completely respect it as a genuine viewpoint.

None of us know what will happen in the future of course.

It is my viewpoint and one that is shared IMO by most Swans fans. What happened in the past should be remembered, but should not become an albatross around the clubs neck.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:00 - Feb 17 with 1244 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:58 - Feb 17 by dgt73

It is my viewpoint and one that is shared IMO by most Swans fans. What happened in the past should be remembered, but should not become an albatross around the clubs neck.

Can i ask one question please?

In what way do you think this share sale will benefit us?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:05 - Feb 17 with 1232 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:00 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

That's a question that only the board can answer. As just a fan, who does not have any inside information, i just want what is best for the club and i believe Huw Jenkins and the board will have the clubs best interest at heart when the big decisions are to be made.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 20:06]

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:05 - Feb 17 with 1229 viewsmonmouth

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:00 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

'm still waiting for an answer to my question that he chose to 'misunderstand'. That is, why do you (DGT) think the Trust is against the sale if it is good for the club?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:05 - Feb 17 with 1229 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:58 - Feb 17 by dgt73

Do you place any store at all on the fact that the only shareholder that doesn't stand to make any personal killing from this is against it?

Why do you believe that is the case?
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:07 - Feb 17 with 1224 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:05 - Feb 17 by monmouth

'm still waiting for an answer to my question that he chose to 'misunderstand'. That is, why do you (DGT) think the Trust is against the sale if it is good for the club?

You'll have to ask the trust that.

Login to get fewer ads

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:09 - Feb 17 with 1219 viewsmonmouth

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:07 - Feb 17 by dgt73

You'll have to ask the trust that.

Ask the trust what you think? I doubt they'd be able to pull off that trick.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:14 - Feb 17 with 1206 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:05 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

Do you place any store at all on the fact that the only shareholder that doesn't stand to make any personal killing from this is against it?

Why do you believe that is the case?

To be honest i don't care who makes and who doesn't make what, it's irrelevant to me. What is important is that there now seems to be definite movement in this investment/share sale issue and i trust the people (yes they have a lot of £'s to gain) who will make those decisions to make the correct decisions.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:15 - Feb 17 with 1201 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:14 - Feb 17 by dgt73

To be honest i don't care who makes and who doesn't make what, it's irrelevant to me. What is important is that there now seems to be definite movement in this investment/share sale issue and i trust the people (yes they have a lot of £'s to gain) who will make those decisions to make the correct decisions.

so by implication you don't 'trust' the Trust?
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:17 - Feb 17 with 1187 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:09 - Feb 17 by monmouth

Ask the trust what you think? I doubt they'd be able to pull off that trick.

Well without all the facts in front of me, I'd only be guessing. Until someone can provide proof that the club is going to go pair shaped, I'll continue to support the board.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:19 - Feb 17 with 1177 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:15 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

so by implication you don't 'trust' the Trust?

No that's not what i said lol. Why do you think it is then ?

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:20 - Feb 17 with 1176 viewsperchrockjack

Why should the share sale not benefit us.

Any answer is conjecture.

Chelsea ...sorry, as a world power , a mega club fan base..nah.

Money has raised their profile to a level they could not have imagined hitherto.

They also woukdnt have seen themselves taking over from liverpool, arse, even Tottenham who Ve had a more illustrious history ..
City could not have imagined themselves as having more financial clout than manure.
Opinion innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:23 - Feb 17 with 1169 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:19 - Feb 17 by dgt73

No that's not what i said lol. Why do you think it is then ?

because they are saying they are against it. So by implication you can't agree with the sale and the Trust that's all.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 1161 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:23 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

because they are saying they are against it. So by implication you can't agree with the sale and the Trust that's all.

Who knows what's going on Machiavelli may be on the trusts board.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:28 - Feb 17 with 1153 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:20 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

Why should the share sale not benefit us.

Any answer is conjecture.

Chelsea ...sorry, as a world power , a mega club fan base..nah.

Money has raised their profile to a level they could not have imagined hitherto.

They also woukdnt have seen themselves taking over from liverpool, arse, even Tottenham who Ve had a more illustrious history ..
City could not have imagined themselves as having more financial clout than manure.
Opinion innit

You've been explained why, over and over again, in countless threads, by people who you like on this forum. When you read it, you go on some rant about poisonous people and trusting our board (Who stand to make more money that their wildest dreams). So forgive me if i don't bother.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:30 - Feb 17 with 1146 viewsperchrockjack

It's simply a case of distrusting outsiders.

Not thst new a phenomenon really.

Incredible really and it shows how bitchy we are with each other.

We have the attitudes of a chapel vestry

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:30 - Feb 17 with 1146 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:28 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

You've been explained why, over and over again, in countless threads, by people who you like on this forum. When you read it, you go on some rant about poisonous people and trusting our board (Who stand to make more money that their wildest dreams). So forgive me if i don't bother.

So are you saying £££££££££signs are clouding the boards judgement.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:30 - Feb 17 with 1145 viewsStarsky

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 12:20 - Feb 17 by sixpenses

Depends how you define a breath of fresh air

1. History - Dubious and indicative of serious concern

2. Motivation - taking pots of cash out of our club

3. Achieve 2 by majority takeover

4. If Trust at all bothersome in preventing 2, dilute out of existence

5. Investment - the £30m is a private share sale the club sees none of it. All goes to the personal wealth of those that want this to go ahead!

6. Selling point - saddling us with potentially crippling loans that will likely make little difference (could be wasted on 1 dud player). Could source any loans required for capital expenditure privately without selling our club down the river

7. Experience in making lots of money - so they can take it our of our club. Get in hardcore professionals to achieve the same based on high income target bonus. Achieve same result without selling our club down the river

8. Commitment to our club - as long as 2 increasing

9. Quality of football - potentially all that is pragmatically needed to keep the money coming in

10. When 2 stops being enough / things start going down hill / the fatted calf is ready for the pot - sell to anyone who offers the cash, anyone or asset strip

Our club is for our area and our fans and for future generations. That was the aim when it was saved. Seems only those without potential pocket fulls of cash to make are seriously considering the considerable risk to it's future existence. Others seem happy to go out with a bang on one final sh1t or bust extravaganza

If a man in a car with previous self serving history offers a child a sweet. It is possible that they are just being kindly and everyones best interests will be served. As a parent what would you advise.

Suck it and see?

or

JUST SAY NO

Why will the other sharholders not let the Trust get 25%. Because it will make the club less desirable to those that may want to take it over and milk it. Which in turn would reduce the quite obscene windfall profits (when made on the back of supposedly saving our club then selling it down river) to be made by the current shareholders from this sale. Reducing them to just excellent windfall profits.

How much profit can a self painted philanthropist take
In the words of Frank Zappa anything over a mouth full is wasted

Why do the others want the Trust to sell - to absolve their greed when things go wrong (as sooner or later they must). We were not acting in self interest, because the Trust had nothing to gain (just the best interest of the Club) and they sold too. We were all doing it in the best interests of the Club.

Alternatively we will finish in the top 4 - and win the Champions league for a million years until it becomes so boring we take up crown green bowls for excitement

RIP SCFC and all that was special about our club

Cracking post there Spratty. End of thread.

It's just the internet, init.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 1128 viewsexiledclaseboy

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:30 - Feb 17 by dgt73

Yes. It would influence anyone's thinking.

Poll: Tory leader

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:33 - Feb 17 with 1128 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:30 - Feb 17 by dgt73

Absolutely, you can add the word greed as well if you like.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:37 - Feb 17 with 1110 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:32 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. It would influence anyone's thinking.

But to what point....these are already well off individuals, who i believe have the club at heart.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 1103 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:33 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

Absolutely, you can add the word greed as well if you like.

Greed ??

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 1101 viewsperchrockjack

Jesus Nj. Ease up. At times uoure pretty obnoxious yourself.

I've got an excuse.

Explained my ass, explained.

All I've seen is nothing but fear, nothing but negativity, nothing but rumour.

I'm amazed anyone would want anything to do with us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024