Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month 20:05 - Feb 16 with 18069 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2955853/Swansea-receive-invest
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 20:06]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:40 - Feb 17 with 1333 viewsexiledclaseboy

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:37 - Feb 17 by dgt73

But to what point....these are already well off individuals, who i believe have the club at heart.

I hope you're right. Well off or not, it's human nature to want more, especially when it's accessible and on offer.

Poll: Tory leader

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:46 - Feb 17 with 1313 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:40 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I hope you're right. Well off or not, it's human nature to want more, especially when it's accessible and on offer.

The status quo could remain and they would also make money....correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't they have pocketed the £28 million from the sale of Bony, if they had wanted to.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 20:49]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:47 - Feb 17 with 1304 viewsexiledclaseboy

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:46 - Feb 17 by dgt73

The status quo could remain and they would also make money....correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't they have pocketed the £28 million from the sale of Bony, if they had wanted to.

I doubt it, but I'm not an expert.

Poll: Tory leader

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:47 - Feb 17 with 1304 viewsApeShit

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:46 - Feb 17 by dgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 1302 viewsjack247

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:30 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

It's simply a case of distrusting outsiders.

Not thst new a phenomenon really.

Incredible really and it shows how bitchy we are with each other.

We have the attitudes of a chapel vestry

I don't think its a case of mistrusting others per se, although more often than not, external investment tends to end in debt and tears.

It is more a case of realising what we have is unique and wanting to protect it. Once its gone, it's never coming back. dgt is probably right that a lot of our fans, possibly the majority, would welcome the investment. But they aren't the ones who will still be there in 10 years if it goes belly up
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 1296 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:47 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I doubt it, but I'm not an expert.

Why not.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:50 - Feb 17 with 1276 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:38 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

Jesus Nj. Ease up. At times uoure pretty obnoxious yourself.

I've got an excuse.

Explained my ass, explained.

All I've seen is nothing but fear, nothing but negativity, nothing but rumour.

I'm amazed anyone would want anything to do with us.

You like Lisa, yes? She has explained to you (as have others), in numerous threads over the past few weeks why this sale share does not benefit the club. But you continue rambling on about pretty much nothing in your replies. That's not being obnoxious, that's telling you the truth.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:51 - Feb 17 with 1273 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:48 - Feb 17 by dgt73

Why not.

if you mean they could declare a dividend of £28m to themselves? You can only pay a dividend out of retained profits of the club - otherwise it is illegal.

we've just made a profit- was it something like £2m? Don't know what the retained profits are at present - someone on here may do.

And - imagine the PR - talk about never being able to set foot in the city again.
Login to get fewer ads

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:52 - Feb 17 with 1271 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:38 - Feb 17 by dgt73

Greed ??

Aye greed. Not a nice word is it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:52 - Feb 17 with 1268 viewsperchrockjack

Fair post Jack and an isolated one.

my whole point,totally overlooked, is the fact thst for whatever reason we are looking at failure...relegation next season, the one after that, ten years? .

Why.

Failure is what've did many years before.

These days we succeed and thecwaybtomlookmis forward not backwards .

Frankly, I'm too depressed to comment any further. It's as bad as the "what have you done board" and coward monk posts.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:00 - Feb 17 with 1247 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:51 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

if you mean they could declare a dividend of £28m to themselves? You can only pay a dividend out of retained profits of the club - otherwise it is illegal.

we've just made a profit- was it something like £2m? Don't know what the retained profits are at present - someone on here may do.

And - imagine the PR - talk about never being able to set foot in the city again.

So there's nothing stopping the board paying themselves a £28 million dividend next season if the club made let's say £30 million profit. I know they wouldn't do that, but reinforces my point that if money was the boards motivation in this investment/share sale, there would be more than one way to skin a cat.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:03 - Feb 17 with 1236 viewsperchrockjack

With respect it is not..

I've no idea who Lisa is.

I'm not going to draw her into a spat between us, yet another one.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:05 - Feb 17 with 1230 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:03 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

With respect it is not..

I've no idea who Lisa is.

I'm not going to draw her into a spat between us, yet another one.

Grow up will you. A spat? We are discussing a topic, there is no spat.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:09 - Feb 17 with 1215 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I appreciate that discussions are ongoing (and it feels like forever - how long does it take to decide if you want to sell/buy some shares to/from another person...?) and people are treading carefully as such, but the silence from those involved says a lot to me, tells me there's a lot of unease and, quite possibly, guilt, floating around this whole deal for some of those involved. The silence is deafening.

Huw is rolled out occasionally to regurgitate generic 'investment' talk - given added hollowness by the 70%+ rise in tv revenue from the new TV deal - but he'll keep saying it anyway as it beats telling the truth.

Maybe naive of me, but I'd have thought the Americans may have tried to court the fans a bit during this period, but, zilch. Again, probably norm for these kind of deals, but, still gives the impression that parties are trying to get things done and dusted out of our sight and stitch up the deal before we can do anything about it.

A lot of waffle to say - if this is all so wonderful, why does nobody involved want to talk about it...?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:17 - Feb 17 with 1191 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:09 - Feb 17 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I appreciate that discussions are ongoing (and it feels like forever - how long does it take to decide if you want to sell/buy some shares to/from another person...?) and people are treading carefully as such, but the silence from those involved says a lot to me, tells me there's a lot of unease and, quite possibly, guilt, floating around this whole deal for some of those involved. The silence is deafening.

Huw is rolled out occasionally to regurgitate generic 'investment' talk - given added hollowness by the 70%+ rise in tv revenue from the new TV deal - but he'll keep saying it anyway as it beats telling the truth.

Maybe naive of me, but I'd have thought the Americans may have tried to court the fans a bit during this period, but, zilch. Again, probably norm for these kind of deals, but, still gives the impression that parties are trying to get things done and dusted out of our sight and stitch up the deal before we can do anything about it.

A lot of waffle to say - if this is all so wonderful, why does nobody involved want to talk about it...?

I'd imagine you are completely wrong. You won't get much information until all the business is concluded and talk of guilt is laughable.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:17 - Feb 17 with 1188 viewsperchrockjack

Nj.
When have we never had a spat.

Really.

Grow up?

Too late for that

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:22 - Feb 17 with 1171 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:17 - Feb 17 by dgt73

I'd imagine you are completely wrong. You won't get much information until all the business is concluded and talk of guilt is laughable.

I get the idea of keeping low key during negotiations, but it still seems as if this is all being done on the sly a bit.

If we're after investment for the benefit of the club, why aren't we 'openly' marketing ourselves, being pro-active and open in courting the right people? I just get the impression one or two of the shareholders have almost 'gone rogue' and lined up a share sale to cash in for their own benefit and the rest are trying to firefight the situation as the news got out.

I can't get away from the feeling it's all a bit underhand, silent and fractious.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 21:23]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:24 - Feb 17 with 1168 viewssixpenses

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:12 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

N jack and with respect, Ive not remotely suggested that.

Point is /was both City and Chelsea were virtual nonentities before money came in and it hasn't exactly been a failure.

I will say Swansea and the whole area west of Bridgend to Aberystwyth has a potential that is simply huge.

With Cardiff s demise

Manchester City virtual nonentities - Whisper that quietly in the North West

A massive staunchly loyal fanbase long long before the Sheikh came on the scene

With IMO one of the best stadiums in the country courtesy of the commonwealth games. Always remember our first PL game there - why the hell was that not sold out. Damn Aguro and his second half debut - we were giving them a lesson in football until then.

As said though no comparison - a horse of a totally different colour

Why our new sugar daddies might even move us to Cardiff and get an even bigger catchment area. Can't wait.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:24 - Feb 17 with 1167 viewsMillJack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 20:37 - Feb 17 by dgt73

But to what point....these are already well off individuals, who i believe have the club at heart.

Rich people didn't get rich by following the opinion of the populous, they did it by making decisions that suited them. They're lions, not sheep.

I'm not doubting the work these people have done for OUR club, but if you believe that they're decisions on this subject aren't being driven by money (and greed of you like) then you're naive in the extreme.

And just on that subject, if I was in their shoes and I was staring at multi-millions in my bank account tomorrow, I'd sell as well. Despite everyone's bluster, there aren't many on here that wouldn't.

I love Swansea City, but I love my family more and if selling my shares meant my family not having any financial worries for years to come then I'd sell at the drop of a hat.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:25 - Feb 17 with 1164 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:22 - Feb 17 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I get the idea of keeping low key during negotiations, but it still seems as if this is all being done on the sly a bit.

If we're after investment for the benefit of the club, why aren't we 'openly' marketing ourselves, being pro-active and open in courting the right people? I just get the impression one or two of the shareholders have almost 'gone rogue' and lined up a share sale to cash in for their own benefit and the rest are trying to firefight the situation as the news got out.

I can't get away from the feeling it's all a bit underhand, silent and fractious.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 21:23]

What you probably see is just the tip of the iceberg.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:26 - Feb 17 with 1159 viewsperchrockjack

I live in the North west ffs.

We Ve got a loyal fan base but city ...compared to now...were..won nowt, going nowhere, shite ground . It had the history and Roy Paul won cup with them but massively in United shadow

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:39 - Feb 17 with 1130 viewslatchford

I remember our first game at the Liberty. I wondered how we would ever compete in league one. We've progressed steadily since and are now at a level nobody could ever have dreamed of.

We now need not to think we shouldn't be here. We need to kick on and investment is the only way. If it doesn't work well fine but we've got to have a crack or the club will always regret it. We are on the premier boat. Cardiff have missed it. Let's make the gap between us and the champ as wide as possible. I think the longer we stay the less chance there is of ever dropping out. We could become the country's club. Just like Sam imagined! But the other way round
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:42 - Feb 17 with 1112 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:39 - Feb 17 by latchford

I remember our first game at the Liberty. I wondered how we would ever compete in league one. We've progressed steadily since and are now at a level nobody could ever have dreamed of.

We now need not to think we shouldn't be here. We need to kick on and investment is the only way. If it doesn't work well fine but we've got to have a crack or the club will always regret it. We are on the premier boat. Cardiff have missed it. Let's make the gap between us and the champ as wide as possible. I think the longer we stay the less chance there is of ever dropping out. We could become the country's club. Just like Sam imagined! But the other way round

Yes. Good post.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:42 - Feb 17 with 1111 viewsNeath_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:39 - Feb 17 by latchford

What is this investment that you talk of? Genuine question.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:49 - Feb 17 with 1090 viewsmax936

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:42 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

What is this investment that you talk of? Genuine question.

Beat me to it the "Club" which is all that interests me will gain sweet fa from it, initially at least.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024