Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police guard outside Maccy Dees 20:24 - Mar 8 with 9065 viewslibertine

A few of my gang went to a demo yesterday.

Its what I was banging on about

I don't know if this will work but it should show the police being used by the government to protect starbucks and maccy dees, why are we wasting our tax buck protecting the super rich?

No wonder there is so much discontent !!!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/timetoact2015?src=hash&mode=photos

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:22 - Mar 9 with 1842 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 06:55 - Mar 9 by jack247

That was the point of the question. It's not their job to protect premises. It is their job to protect the staff and customers.

I mentioned the franchising because trashing a McDonalds doesn't hurt the company anywhere near as much as it hurts the franchisee, who is probably a small local businessman.

It's not their job to protect the staff, it's their job to prevent a breech of the peace
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:30 - Mar 9 with 1839 viewsWitneyjack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:22 - Mar 9 by controversial_jack

It's not their job to protect the staff, it's their job to prevent a breech of the peace

It's also to protect life and property. Read up on a Police Officer's attestation (which has changed slightly since I joined), it's all in there.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:35 - Mar 9 with 1837 viewsfather_jack

what is this nonsense..

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:42 - Mar 9 with 1827 viewsDull1Thomas

Anti-capitalists and Tories in joint enterprise.

"The 25 per cent tax – five per cent higher than the usual 20 per cent corporation tax rate that kicks in in April – would be imposed on companies judged to have shifted cash overseas with the sole intention of sidestepping HM Revenue & Customs."

It's going to happen so why protest?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 12:30 - Mar 9 with 1790 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:22 - Mar 9 by controversial_jack

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not. An anti-capitalist match where there is a likelyhood protestors will attack a McDonald's and you think the police should just stand by and let staff and customers fend for themselves?
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 16:57 - Mar 9 with 1727 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 11:30 - Mar 9 by Witneyjack

It's also to protect life and property. Read up on a Police Officer's attestation (which has changed slightly since I joined), it's all in there.

It's their place to ensure both parties can go about their business safely.,That includes the staff and the demonstrators
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:00 - Mar 9 with 1726 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 12:30 - Mar 9 by jack247

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not. An anti-capitalist match where there is a likelyhood protestors will attack a McDonald's and you think the police should just stand by and let staff and customers fend for themselves?

Who said anything about an attack? They are not a private security firm, but allegedly impartial towards all members of society
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:13 - Mar 9 with 1720 viewslibertine

I don't think those people who made the effort to go and demonstrate are cvnts at all, you nutter!

This demonstration included people of all ages and an 80 ish year old American woman who was really intimidating, don't assume that protestors are rioters as that is simply not correct.

I doubt whether that Maccy Dees was a small local business just around the corner from Westminster.

FFS who eats that shite anyway ??? Its disgusting bits of left over carcass mashed up and made into food for the thoughtless, it tastes allright, but its bad stuff full of nasty chemicals,

Whos said Give me the child until the age of seven and i'll give you the man,

You've guessed Ronald Fin Macdonald.

Why the hell are those policemen used to support Maccy Dees they were also outside Starbucks (another of Ronald's local businesses) and HSBC, whats all that about. The rest of the country have to pay TAX excepting those few corporations who own everything and then we pay for the police to guard them against us, wake up!!!!

Do you really think that we are going to make the super rich pay or the labour party is going to introduce a Banksters Tax, They are all in this together mun, they've told you often enough!!!

Watch on net flix "The corporation" then wake up before its too late!!! Before you right to demonstrate is gone.
Login to get fewer ads

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:36 - Mar 9 with 1716 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:13 - Mar 9 by libertine

I don't think those people who made the effort to go and demonstrate are cvnts at all, you nutter!

This demonstration included people of all ages and an 80 ish year old American woman who was really intimidating, don't assume that protestors are rioters as that is simply not correct.

I doubt whether that Maccy Dees was a small local business just around the corner from Westminster.

FFS who eats that shite anyway ??? Its disgusting bits of left over carcass mashed up and made into food for the thoughtless, it tastes allright, but its bad stuff full of nasty chemicals,

Whos said Give me the child until the age of seven and i'll give you the man,

You've guessed Ronald Fin Macdonald.

Why the hell are those policemen used to support Maccy Dees they were also outside Starbucks (another of Ronald's local businesses) and HSBC, whats all that about. The rest of the country have to pay TAX excepting those few corporations who own everything and then we pay for the police to guard them against us, wake up!!!!

Do you really think that we are going to make the super rich pay or the labour party is going to introduce a Banksters Tax, They are all in this together mun, they've told you often enough!!!

Watch on net flix "The corporation" then wake up before its too late!!! Before you right to demonstrate is gone.

Good points. I want a police guard outside my house as I have recently seen a few intimidating youths gathering close by. It's not the job of the police to protect private businesses. Let them employ security guards
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:39 - Mar 9 with 1696 viewslibertine

I'd like to be a tax avoider to, i'd like a police convoy to and from work, just encase any pensioners decide to assault me or take my burger off me,

I hope the police beat them to the ground for damaging my burger/property
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:22 - Mar 9 with 1670 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:00 - Mar 9 by controversial_jack

Who said anything about an attack? They are not a private security firm, but allegedly impartial towards all members of society

Or how about people come up with a more sophisticated and less intimidating way to protest that doesn't involve wasting police time.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:42 - Mar 9 with 1659 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:22 - Mar 9 by jack247

Or how about people come up with a more sophisticated and less intimidating way to protest that doesn't involve wasting police time.

That's the idea of a protest my friend. they are to make people sit up and take notice. I doubt they called the police themselves though, so it's not the protestors wasting police time
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:44 - Mar 9 with 1659 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:22 - Mar 9 by jack247

who said it was intimidating ?
the bill were just protecting the royal jewels that's all, one of the points of the demo was that these super rich greedy bastrds just want to suck some more blood out of you?

I don't understand why you are OK with the situation grow a brain mun, its out of order everyone of us has to pay taxes even though we don't like where the money is spent,
so why should these guys not???? Eton mess on your big maccy maybe.

corruption is just more refined these days, our country is being ripped of from under our feet, honestly, how can you stand up for this?

no intimidation just education!

I'll tell the 80 year old American lady to stop intimidating us.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1650 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:44 - Mar 9 by libertine

who said it was intimidating ?
the bill were just protecting the royal jewels that's all, one of the points of the demo was that these super rich greedy bastrds just want to suck some more blood out of you?

I don't understand why you are OK with the situation grow a brain mun, its out of order everyone of us has to pay taxes even though we don't like where the money is spent,
so why should these guys not???? Eton mess on your big maccy maybe.

corruption is just more refined these days, our country is being ripped of from under our feet, honestly, how can you stand up for this?

no intimidation just education!

I'll tell the 80 year old American lady to stop intimidating us.

The police weren't there for the 80 year old American woman.

I'm not disputing you have a point about taxes. The point I'm making is no one really takes any notice of these protests anymore, they happen so often they have lost their effectiveness, they just become a nuisance and ironically, a drain on taxes as they have to be policed.

Walking through town has no impact, trashing a McDonalds or a Starbucks, if it were to happen, would have no impact on the companies themselves, just the franchisee, the staff and the customers.

Educating people of your point of view and your (correctly in my view) perceived injustices is absolutely the right thing to do as far as I am concerned. If corruption is more refined, maybe a more refined way of standing up to it is the answer.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 21:48 - Mar 9 with 1637 viewslibertine

If corruption is more refined, maybe a more refined way of standing up to it is the answer.

any thoughts on how to achieve this?
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 01:13 - Mar 10 with 1538 viewsScoobyWho

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:44 - Mar 8 by Pacemaker

Why not demonstrate outside the HQ of these multi nationals rather than frighten small children and people on minimum wage with zero hour contracts?

Do you think that was the reason the police were there rather than protecting a bloke from Swansea with a franchise?

Fcking spot on answer. The OP continues to be a one eyed child on certain matters. This proves it. Anti everything, do you live at home ?

Protest all you like Libertine, and when you grow up you can see it for what it is.
In the meantime enjoy your mums cooking and the comfy bed.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 09:08 - Mar 10 with 1511 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 21:48 - Mar 9 by libertine

If corruption is more refined, maybe a more refined way of standing up to it is the answer.

any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Not at all and I don't claim to have your answer. I just know that marching through town is unlikely to make McDonalds or Starbucks pay more tax.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 09:18 - Mar 10 with 1497 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 01:13 - Mar 10 by ScoobyWho

Fcking spot on answer. The OP continues to be a one eyed child on certain matters. This proves it. Anti everything, do you live at home ?

Protest all you like Libertine, and when you grow up you can see it for what it is.
In the meantime enjoy your mums cooking and the comfy bed.

I am not anti everything, where is your evidence of this.

It was a peaceful demo with mainly women, there was no intimidation where is your evidence of this?

The demo walked past maccy dees and star loads of bucks and past hsbc, the police made an assumption that they needed to guard these 3 tax avoiders from the people who were angry enough with them to get off their fat arses and do something.

If you do not agree with the demo , or its agenda or believe the super rich have a divine right to take everything of you then I have a proposal for you.............
why not simply arrange a monthly standing order directly to any one of the super rich businesses that pretend to be nice small local businesses and have all of your wages deposited there, but being mindful to keep some back to pay for a bouncer to stop you from becoming belligerent at the quality of service these super rich corporations may give you. You need to be controlled encase you get angry when you find a piece of colon in your burger.
Upstairs for dancing!
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 12:08 - Mar 10 with 1476 viewsScoobyWho

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 09:18 - Mar 10 by libertine

I am not anti everything, where is your evidence of this.

It was a peaceful demo with mainly women, there was no intimidation where is your evidence of this?

The demo walked past maccy dees and star loads of bucks and past hsbc, the police made an assumption that they needed to guard these 3 tax avoiders from the people who were angry enough with them to get off their fat arses and do something.

If you do not agree with the demo , or its agenda or believe the super rich have a divine right to take everything of you then I have a proposal for you.............
why not simply arrange a monthly standing order directly to any one of the super rich businesses that pretend to be nice small local businesses and have all of your wages deposited there, but being mindful to keep some back to pay for a bouncer to stop you from becoming belligerent at the quality of service these super rich corporations may give you. You need to be controlled encase you get angry when you find a piece of colon in your burger.
Upstairs for dancing!

Ah! the younger generation, they discover everything from sex to politics.
Your the one who said ' Me and my gang'

Have a thought for the staff on low pay that needed protection, and please, avoid the women and children defence, I think your anti agenda towards authority is clouding your judgement. And any 'demo' against 'any' thing requires a degree of intervention to avoid confrontation. I recall well the Stop the City demo's, went on a few myself and quickly realised the futile and pathetic reasoning behind fighting coppers or the law for some cause that didn't affect my community. In fact even local Swansea anarchists sought fame from these demo's. The name Ian Bone is something you should google.

The police make assumptions I assume on the degree of safety to the public and I for one would be more than happy to see them there if my lad and the mrs were close by whilst a demo went ahead against a major company. They generally end in tears, seems the presence of the law prevented it from what you say, job done.

Downstairs for dancing.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 12:11]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 15:16 - Mar 10 with 1443 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 12:08 - Mar 10 by ScoobyWho

Ah! the younger generation, they discover everything from sex to politics.
Your the one who said ' Me and my gang'

Have a thought for the staff on low pay that needed protection, and please, avoid the women and children defence, I think your anti agenda towards authority is clouding your judgement. And any 'demo' against 'any' thing requires a degree of intervention to avoid confrontation. I recall well the Stop the City demo's, went on a few myself and quickly realised the futile and pathetic reasoning behind fighting coppers or the law for some cause that didn't affect my community. In fact even local Swansea anarchists sought fame from these demo's. The name Ian Bone is something you should google.

The police make assumptions I assume on the degree of safety to the public and I for one would be more than happy to see them there if my lad and the mrs were close by whilst a demo went ahead against a major company. They generally end in tears, seems the presence of the law prevented it from what you say, job done.

Downstairs for dancing.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 12:11]

Don't you think the presence of the law during peaceful demos and sometimes their heavy handed approach often inflames a situation
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 15:28 - Mar 10 with 1438 viewslondonlisa2001

Could someone explain to me how this works?

I mean, the TimeToAct march was led and supported by, amongst others, Vivienne Westwood and the Green Party.

As part of it, the protest was against companies that are avoiding tax (eg Starbucks and McDonalds).

Now it has emerged that Westwood has seemingly done EXACTLY the same thing as Starbucks by making payments of £2m this year to her Luxembourg company for the use of her own name, thus avoiding at least £500k tax this year. She has also made a donation to the Green Party of £300k (able to do so because she is avoiding tax).

So where is the outrage at the hypocrisy? Where is the Green Party's outrage at one of their biggest independent donors avoiding tax in this way - where is the return of her untaxed donation?

It's all utter crap - they are all the same, it's just that some of them think the rest of us are so stupid that we won't find this stuff out. Come on Green Party with your outrage at Starbucks - show the same against Westwood and send all the money she has given you back !

Come on Brand - speak out about your 'comrade' - express your utter disgust!
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 15:31 - Mar 10 with 1436 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 15:16 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

Don't you think the presence of the law during peaceful demos and sometimes their heavy handed approach often inflames a situation

Undoubtedly. But the alternative is not to police these events and risk carnage. I am sure the vast majority would pass off peacefully with no police presence. A bit like football matches.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 16:45 - Mar 10 with 1416 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 15:31 - Mar 10 by jack247

Undoubtedly. But the alternative is not to police these events and risk carnage. I am sure the vast majority would pass off peacefully with no police presence. A bit like football matches.

Why can't they just watch the demo on CCTV , there's enough of them working , and then respond if an incident occurs. That's what the police are supposed to do.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:44 - Mar 10 with 1404 viewsWitneyjack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 16:45 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

Why can't they just watch the demo on CCTV , there's enough of them working , and then respond if an incident occurs. That's what the police are supposed to do.

So wait until somebody is hurt or property is damaged and then turn up? Brilliant. You should be part of strategic planning.........
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:12 - Mar 10 with 1393 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:44 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

So wait until somebody is hurt or property is damaged and then turn up? Brilliant. You should be part of strategic planning.........

I believe I said some of my gang.

what about kittling innocent protestors? why do that? its obviously going to wind people up into an angry situation, how would you like to be kettled when you are going about your life?

Its our right as UK citizens to demonstrate, in fact we demonstrate when we go to, during and from football matches.
There is nothing illegal about showing your anger about a situation,, what happened on the anti Blair War March, 1 million people many millions in other European countries.

If you actually believe that as a police officer you are being a good and honourable member of society and anyone respects you for guarding the HSBS bank then you are sadly mistaken.

As I coincidentally said on another thread before this happened the police are being used by the government to do their dirty work for them and as a result the respect for the police has gone, this I find sad, because I like the police. The respect was lost probably around the time that they became Margrets personal army and were employed on a 10% pay increase to beat up miners who were going about their rights as pickets.

This is the evolution of those bad decisions made by the government of the time, who are dead and buried whilst the police have to continue to try and regain the respect of the public they are supposed to be protecting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024