Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police guard outside Maccy Dees 20:24 - Mar 8 with 9064 viewslibertine

A few of my gang went to a demo yesterday.

Its what I was banging on about

I don't know if this will work but it should show the police being used by the government to protect starbucks and maccy dees, why are we wasting our tax buck protecting the super rich?

No wonder there is so much discontent !!!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/timetoact2015?src=hash&mode=photos

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:17 - Mar 10 with 1965 viewsWitneyjack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:12 - Mar 10 by libertine

I believe I said some of my gang.

what about kittling innocent protestors? why do that? its obviously going to wind people up into an angry situation, how would you like to be kettled when you are going about your life?

Its our right as UK citizens to demonstrate, in fact we demonstrate when we go to, during and from football matches.
There is nothing illegal about showing your anger about a situation,, what happened on the anti Blair War March, 1 million people many millions in other European countries.

If you actually believe that as a police officer you are being a good and honourable member of society and anyone respects you for guarding the HSBS bank then you are sadly mistaken.

As I coincidentally said on another thread before this happened the police are being used by the government to do their dirty work for them and as a result the respect for the police has gone, this I find sad, because I like the police. The respect was lost probably around the time that they became Margrets personal army and were employed on a 10% pay increase to beat up miners who were going about their rights as pickets.

This is the evolution of those bad decisions made by the government of the time, who are dead and buried whilst the police have to continue to try and regain the respect of the public they are supposed to be protecting.

My response was to the poster who suggested the Police should only turn up after an incident has occurred.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 18:20]
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:19 - Mar 10 with 1957 viewsWitneyjack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:12 - Mar 10 by libertine

I believe I said some of my gang.

what about kittling innocent protestors? why do that? its obviously going to wind people up into an angry situation, how would you like to be kettled when you are going about your life?

Its our right as UK citizens to demonstrate, in fact we demonstrate when we go to, during and from football matches.
There is nothing illegal about showing your anger about a situation,, what happened on the anti Blair War March, 1 million people many millions in other European countries.

If you actually believe that as a police officer you are being a good and honourable member of society and anyone respects you for guarding the HSBS bank then you are sadly mistaken.

As I coincidentally said on another thread before this happened the police are being used by the government to do their dirty work for them and as a result the respect for the police has gone, this I find sad, because I like the police. The respect was lost probably around the time that they became Margrets personal army and were employed on a 10% pay increase to beat up miners who were going about their rights as pickets.

This is the evolution of those bad decisions made by the government of the time, who are dead and buried whilst the police have to continue to try and regain the respect of the public they are supposed to be protecting.

I'm quite aware of people's right to demonstrate, hell I've been on a few as a serving Police Officer through central London when successive Governments have tried to destroy the modern service.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:23 - Mar 10 with 1953 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 17:44 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

So wait until somebody is hurt or property is damaged and then turn up? Brilliant. You should be part of strategic planning.........

Yes wait until a crime has actually been committed or a law has actually been broken.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:27 - Mar 10 with 1952 viewsWitneyjack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:23 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

Yes wait until a crime has actually been committed or a law has actually been broken.

If the Police were aware in advance of a large demonstration and had made no strategic planning and something went wrong they would be rightly criticised.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:37 - Mar 10 with 1942 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:27 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

If the Police were aware in advance of a large demonstration and had made no strategic planning and something went wrong they would be rightly criticised.

Why should they be involved, it's not a police matter. A demonstration is a civil dispute not a criminal matter, until an offence has been committed
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:38 - Mar 10 with 1942 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:27 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

whats your thoughts on kittling officer?
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:45 - Mar 10 with 1931 viewslibertine

I saw a documentary were the police in LA were actually able to work out using computerised algorithms were a crime might be committed.

The mighty Tom Cruise stars in the film Minority Report In a future where a special police unit is able to arrest murderers before they commit their crimes, an officer from that unit is himself accused of a future murder

is this where we are headed?

George was right thought crime.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:47 - Mar 10 with 1930 viewsWitneyjack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:38 - Mar 10 by libertine

Do you mean kettling? A necessary tactic sometimes, but I'm not an expert on Public Order strategy.
Login to get fewer ads

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:49 - Mar 10 with 1925 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:38 - Mar 10 by libertine

This is amusing

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:03 - Mar 10 with 1917 viewsWitneyjack

I also believe in peaceful demonstration but unfortunately quite often a small number are not peaceful and attend to cause problems. That is a shame for those genuine protesters.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:13 - Mar 10 with 1908 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:03 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

I also believe in peaceful demonstration but unfortunately quite often a small number are not peaceful and attend to cause problems. That is a shame for those genuine protesters.

agree with what you say

a few rotten apples again pops into mind.

ye I ment kettling
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:14 - Mar 10 with 1908 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:03 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

I believe in good policing, but unfortunately a small number are not always acting within the law and this tends to spoil it for the vast majority of police and public
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:00 - Mar 10 with 1886 viewsScoobyWho

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 15:16 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

Don't you think the presence of the law during peaceful demos and sometimes their heavy handed approach often inflames a situation

I genuinely believe and trust all of our public servants from nurses to teachers and the coppers. I haven't personally seen heavy handed approached even when kettled at stop the city demo's by the Met. What I do see is carefully planned strategy's to keep people safe, thats my personal experience as a demonstrator and major events including G8.

I'm not in to smashing things up and I have been on to number of peaceful demo's too, none of which over the years have deteriorated for no other reason than certain elements attack the police. I've only been politically motivated for thirty years so I may be attending the wrong demo's. As a supporter of Greenpeace and all they stand for its governments that concern me not people like you and me doing a job probably very few of us could do for thirty odd years.

Respect where its due, cause and effect, if you throw punches expect them back, and as I said elsewhere I'm not sure certain folk realise how lucky they are to be protected by our law services, be that terrorism or being properly policed at football.

Or indeed outside McDonalds, where the staff will be intimidated and would welcome a third party keeping them safe. There will always be bad apples but most of them wear masks, dress in black and cause violence because they know deep down in this country they are safe. And when it all gets too much they complain, go home to their parents and moan about how shit their lives are.

As I said, go to Cuba and find out how the majority of countries deal with people who are hell bent on violence, just because it suits them.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 21:37 - Mar 10 with 1868 viewslibertine

I'm glad that there are other people on this site who are passionate enough to go on demos, I was shop steward when working in industry and could feel the discontent and apathy creeping into work in the early 80's. When the wicked witch stopped strikes it was the start of the end as far as union was concerned. My fellow employees had lost their will to stand up for themselves and just accepted what they were spoon fed by the boss, even when he spouted the biggest load of tripe, like the company cannot afford toilet paper any longer, employees will have to bring their own In. It was obviously absolute shiit but lots of intelligent men accepted it and didn't take raises for several years. the ridiculous thing was that a profit sharing scheme was open for any employee to view and still the men chose to believe the boss rather than the facts, as it was easier and if they worked enough overtime then they did not need a rise.

The men were broken and eventually all lost their jobs and were replaced by Germans who had a stronger union/political agreement concerning employment and redundancy.

Had the men stood up for themselves then the jobs would still be theirs, its all very sad.

That's why we have to continue to demonstrate, because if we don't then they will just walk all over us.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 22:03 - Mar 10 with 1855 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:23 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

I genuinely can't believe this train of thought. Do you think football matches should not be policed? How about Wind St on a Saturday night?
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 22:06 - Mar 10 with 1852 viewsjack247

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 18:19 - Mar 10 by Witneyjack

I'm quite aware of people's right to demonstrate, hell I've been on a few as a serving Police Officer through central London when successive Governments have tried to destroy the modern service.

They aren't guarding HSBC, they are protecting its staff and customers from potentially getting caught up in a riot. Same with McDonalds, Starbucks and whoever else.

Yes it probably will pass off peacefully, but it only takes 3 or 4 idiots, which like it or not, will attach themselves to genuine protests and kick off. There wouldn't be police there if there wasn't a reasonable chance of this happening.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 22:26 - Mar 10 with 1843 viewscontroversial_jack

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 22:03 - Mar 10 by jack247

I genuinely can't believe this train of thought. Do you think football matches should not be policed? How about Wind St on a Saturday night?

You don't see the riot squad on duty down Wind street.
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 23:30 - Mar 10 with 1830 viewsScoobyWho

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 21:37 - Mar 10 by libertine

I'm glad that there are other people on this site who are passionate enough to go on demos, I was shop steward when working in industry and could feel the discontent and apathy creeping into work in the early 80's. When the wicked witch stopped strikes it was the start of the end as far as union was concerned. My fellow employees had lost their will to stand up for themselves and just accepted what they were spoon fed by the boss, even when he spouted the biggest load of tripe, like the company cannot afford toilet paper any longer, employees will have to bring their own In. It was obviously absolute shiit but lots of intelligent men accepted it and didn't take raises for several years. the ridiculous thing was that a profit sharing scheme was open for any employee to view and still the men chose to believe the boss rather than the facts, as it was easier and if they worked enough overtime then they did not need a rise.

The men were broken and eventually all lost their jobs and were replaced by Germans who had a stronger union/political agreement concerning employment and redundancy.

Had the men stood up for themselves then the jobs would still be theirs, its all very sad.

That's why we have to continue to demonstrate, because if we don't then they will just walk all over us.

Now Libby, your making lots of sense and if you are as old as you say you are and mean what you say in that post you are one person I would happily share a beer with. We need positive action not direct action, think of the people you / I may have turned against a cause by making them feel threatened.

Put the police aside, and think about the cause not the hired help.

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:28 - Mar 15 with 1767 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 23:30 - Mar 10 by ScoobyWho

Now Libby, your making lots of sense and if you are as old as you say you are and mean what you say in that post you are one person I would happily share a beer with. We need positive action not direct action, think of the people you / I may have turned against a cause by making them feel threatened.

Put the police aside, and think about the cause not the hired help.

mans a hooergarden for Scooby man!

tell you something scooby

my stupid sister works for the council and shes not in the union despite me boring her into the ground about it.

so shes not getting a proper pay out, the rest of the workers are getting a proper pay out and shes not, I realise that i'm repeating myself i'm doing it for effect!

The union works but should it have to work against a labour government?

what you say scoobster?
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:27 - Mar 15 with 1757 viewsScoobyWho

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 19:28 - Mar 15 by libertine

mans a hooergarden for Scooby man!

tell you something scooby

my stupid sister works for the council and shes not in the union despite me boring her into the ground about it.

so shes not getting a proper pay out, the rest of the workers are getting a proper pay out and shes not, I realise that i'm repeating myself i'm doing it for effect!

The union works but should it have to work against a labour government?

what you say scoobster?

Maybe she should have listened to the prose of Billy Bragg, and her brothers relentless ranting about left wing unions. Or maybe she just got bored listening to you ? Same old, same old and your words were lost on her.

Either way - Labour has fck all to do with unions or a union ethic, they lost that ride years ago.
Which is why people don't know who to vote for, and are running to UKIP.

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:29 - Mar 15 with 1753 viewslibertine

Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 20:27 - Mar 15 by ScoobyWho

Maybe she should have listened to the prose of Billy Bragg, and her brothers relentless ranting about left wing unions. Or maybe she just got bored listening to you ? Same old, same old and your words were lost on her.

Either way - Labour has fck all to do with unions or a union ethic, they lost that ride years ago.
Which is why people don't know who to vote for, and are running to UKIP.

agreed Scooby

your a wise one
Police guard outside Maccy Dees on 21:01 - Mar 15 with 1739 viewsPacemaker

The union paid for the Barristers to act on their behalf only fair that union members should get the benefit, if you can't be bothered to join a union then don't moan when you don't get the benefit you have saved money by not paying cons.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024