Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham away... 08:32 - Mar 18 with 21214 viewsaleanddale

How things change...

2400 home fans at the 3 sided ground last night.. Oldham dropping like a stone.

This sets Tuesdays game up a treat.. Hopefully we can add to the current crisis at BP.
Oldham away... on 11:44 - Mar 18 with 3128 viewsRosun

Oldham away... on 11:22 - Mar 18 by aleanddale

Rochdale 1 - 1 Bristol City

That frankie fielding save 90+ 4 still gets on my nerves!!!!

Coulda woulda shoulda!!!! Arrrggghhhhhhhh

More should have's would include:
Gillingham @ home - 2 points dropped.
Notts Cheaty @ home - 2 points dropped.

Add 4 points to the two games in hand and it looks a little different
Oldham away... on 12:26 - Mar 18 with 3042 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham away... on 11:44 - Mar 18 by Rosun

More should have's would include:
Gillingham @ home - 2 points dropped.
Notts Cheaty @ home - 2 points dropped.

Add 4 points to the two games in hand and it looks a little different

Bradford 2 points gained? (thanks Calvin)
Swindon 2 points gained? (thanks Bastien)

I think our position at the moment is about right for how we've played.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oldham away... on 12:34 - Mar 18 with 3020 viewsRosun

Blob on DDB.
I can imagine the Bradford fans went away from their home game wonder WTF just happened.
Oldham away... on 14:09 - Mar 18 with 2915 viewsSandyman

A lot of sense being spoken by oa85 today about the top 4 / 5 and he's probably spot on about that 6th place, and what a brucie bonus that would be *if* we could get it!

However, after some of the BIFFO's going on about their ginormous support so often since last November, isn't it a little chastening that you had some 20% less Oldham fans at a game at BP than you brought to Spotland. Sorry, but I can't resist the "who's cup final" question

As for their form, up and down like a brides nightie for the past few months, they can be rubbish or brilliant in the space of a game. Definitely not to be taken lightly next Tuesday.
Oldham away... on 11:12 - Mar 19 with 2739 viewsanotherbiffo

Oldham away... on 14:09 - Mar 18 by Sandyman

A lot of sense being spoken by oa85 today about the top 4 / 5 and he's probably spot on about that 6th place, and what a brucie bonus that would be *if* we could get it!

However, after some of the BIFFO's going on about their ginormous support so often since last November, isn't it a little chastening that you had some 20% less Oldham fans at a game at BP than you brought to Spotland. Sorry, but I can't resist the "who's cup final" question

As for their form, up and down like a brides nightie for the past few months, they can be rubbish or brilliant in the space of a game. Definitely not to be taken lightly next Tuesday.

I can't see anything other than a Rochdale victory on Tuesday, to be honest.
Our season has fallen away at a quite vertiginous rate and some of our 'Billy big balls' fans must be feeling very silly now (I say some because most of us older 'biffos'recognise and acknowledge our modest history).

In spite of the disappointment of our post Christmas form and the manager jumping ship it has been anything but a boring campaign - from the ill-conceived Evans fiasco (which, if honest, said more about the excesses of social media than it ever did about Oldham Athletic) to the exciting and very well conceived North Stand, which is slowly but surely rising from the rubble of the old Ford Stand. It is said to be debt free and could well provide the commercial revenue that ensures the long term survival of the club.

As far as the 6th spot goes, it's up for grabs and I would rather Rochdale got it than Barnsley. I wouldn't put it past you lot to put in a shift and lift third place!
Oldham away... on 11:44 - Mar 19 with 2691 viewsD_Alien

Oldham away... on 11:12 - Mar 19 by anotherbiffo

Our season has fallen away at a quite vertiginous rate and some of our 'Billy big balls' fans must be feeling very silly now (I say some because most of us older 'biffos'recognise and acknowledge our modest history).

In spite of the disappointment of our post Christmas form and the manager jumping ship it has been anything but a boring campaign - from the ill-conceived Evans fiasco (which, if honest, said more about the excesses of social media than it ever did about Oldham Athletic) to the exciting and very well conceived North Stand, which is slowly but surely rising from the rubble of the old Ford Stand. It is said to be debt free and could well provide the commercial revenue that ensures the long term survival of the club.

As far as the 6th spot goes, it's up for grabs and I would rather Rochdale got it than Barnsley. I wouldn't put it past you lot to put in a shift and lift third place!

Anyone using the word "vertiginous" on here deserves respect - I just hope no-one takes you to task about the Evans issue - it's done and dusted now and we don't want a rerun of the whole thing.

Anyone doing so needs to be jumped on from, erm... a great height.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham away... on 11:56 - Mar 19 with 2663 viewsoa85

'it is said to be debt free'

Don't let tazzy see that he will have a heart attack, don't you know Rochdale are the only debt free club in the world.
Oldham away... on 12:03 - Mar 19 with 2646 viewsBrighouseDale

Oldham away... on 11:56 - Mar 19 by oa85

'it is said to be debt free'

Don't let tazzy see that he will have a heart attack, don't you know Rochdale are the only debt free club in the world.

I'm sure anotherbiffo didn't say that Oldham Athletic are debt free, it was just the pile of rubble he was talking about.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham away... on 12:18 - Mar 19 with 2604 viewsDaleiLama

Refreshingly honest post.
Also like the old-fashioned "would rather Rochdale got 6th spot than Barnsley" approach. Reminds me very much of dad's attitude ...... if it can't be your club, let's keep the trophy in the North West.
May not be a popular view on here, but with different results and Dale out of the hunt, I'd rather Oldham got the 6th spot than Barnsley too!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oldham away... on 12:29 - Mar 19 with 2580 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 12:03 - Mar 19 by BrighouseDale

I'm sure anotherbiffo didn't say that Oldham Athletic are debt free, it was just the pile of rubble he was talking about.

You're killing me. No, the club is debt free and the stand (costing £6m) is fully funded. Oldham actually owns its ground too... fancy that.

Some pile of rubble this...

https://instagram.com/p/0YwyzlKkcH/

Maybe it can aspire to be that gorgeous example of architecture that is the red and blue corregated steel clad wilbutts stand. Now thats beautiful.

As for the game. Dale win all day long. Latics are a mess at the moment. Deano is a joke appointment and the players know it. But we shall be playing you next year I feel. Should be a good NW league.
Oldham away... on 12:35 - Mar 19 with 2562 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham away... on 12:29 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

You're killing me. No, the club is debt free and the stand (costing £6m) is fully funded. Oldham actually owns its ground too... fancy that.

Maybe it can aspire to be that gorgeous example of architecture that is the red and blue corregated steel clad wilbutts stand. Now thats beautiful.

As for the game. Dale win all day long. Latics are a mess at the moment. Deano is a joke appointment and the players know it. But we shall be playing you next year I feel. Should be a good NW league.

I don't think you will find any Dale fans travelling to Boundary Park expecting to win, winning any away fixture is difficult. Four points from our next two games will be a good return and how we attain that figure doesn't really matter.
Oldham away... on 12:42 - Mar 19 with 2526 viewsoa85

Oldham away... on 12:35 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

I don't think you will find any Dale fans travelling to Boundary Park expecting to win, winning any away fixture is difficult. Four points from our next two games will be a good return and how we attain that figure doesn't really matter.

https://instagram.com/p/y7Gg1UKkUW/?taken-by=paulw1912

the pile of rubble......
Oldham away... on 12:43 - Mar 19 with 2525 viewsaleanddale

Oldham away... on 12:35 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Average 2 points a game for 11 games and highly probable we will get 6th.

Serious question for resident biffos.

Have Oldham ever had a season where they took more support to the away game than the corresponding home fixture?

Almost a guarantee it will happen this Tuesday!!
Oldham away... on 12:50 - Mar 19 with 2506 views1mark1

Oldham away... on 12:29 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

Really doesn't matter how good or bad the Wilbutts Lane stand LOOKS. Personally I think it looks good, but it's a football stand, not a bloody work of art for goodness sake! The fact is most away fans enjoy it in there, the view, the facilities, the noise it can create etc. Its about being a very good functional stand.

Your new stand, looks like it will be a very good functional stand, looks ok. Costing way more than what should really be needed to be paid for a stand, but, whatever, it's Oldham AFC's money, to spend what they want to do. I wouldn't want Dale to spend £6million on a stand.

As far as ownership of the ground, Dale will have full ownership of Spotland, hopefully before the start of the new season, if not before.

As far as debt free. Dale ARE debt free, as a fact, Oldham, debt free? I don't know, or really care, but I genuinely surprised if they are.

As far as the crowd at the match, well it's Oldham's cup final, so 5000 Oldham fans, with anything from 800-1400 Dale fans, going. Result, could be anything

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Oldham away... on 12:56 - Mar 19 with 2479 viewsaleanddale

More like 2700 oldham I recon and 650 Dale.

Maybe a few more if both sides win on Saturday.
Oldham away... on 13:07 - Mar 19 with 2343 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 12:50 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

Really doesn't matter how good or bad the Wilbutts Lane stand LOOKS. Personally I think it looks good, but it's a football stand, not a bloody work of art for goodness sake! The fact is most away fans enjoy it in there, the view, the facilities, the noise it can create etc. Its about being a very good functional stand.

Your new stand, looks like it will be a very good functional stand, looks ok. Costing way more than what should really be needed to be paid for a stand, but, whatever, it's Oldham AFC's money, to spend what they want to do. I wouldn't want Dale to spend £6million on a stand.

As far as ownership of the ground, Dale will have full ownership of Spotland, hopefully before the start of the new season, if not before.

As far as debt free. Dale ARE debt free, as a fact, Oldham, debt free? I don't know, or really care, but I genuinely surprised if they are.

As far as the crowd at the match, well it's Oldham's cup final, so 5000 Oldham fans, with anything from 800-1400 Dale fans, going. Result, could be anything

Yeah its a fact. Debt free... and by next season a very decent ground with more work to come on the main stand to imprve it still further. Lets see if you remain debt free when you have to buy and run a ground and have a mediocre season of sub 2000 gates again, as you surely will soon. The pitchside of the wilbutts is great, I agree. You will be in a significantly better away stand on Tuesday mind you.

It isnt Oldhams cup final. Please cut the childish hyperbole. Just like it isnt Dales cup final. Its just a local derby for a team with zero to play for and a team that maybe still has something to play for.

Whats with the sudden lack of confidence? If you cant beat Oldham at the moment with a rank bad manager, morale at an all time low (as low as I can remember in 37 years of going there) and 7 first teamers missing then you aint finishing above mid table.
Oldham away... on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 2314 viewsaleanddale

Oldham away... on 13:07 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

Yeah its a fact. Debt free... and by next season a very decent ground with more work to come on the main stand to imprve it still further. Lets see if you remain debt free when you have to buy and run a ground and have a mediocre season of sub 2000 gates again, as you surely will soon. The pitchside of the wilbutts is great, I agree. You will be in a significantly better away stand on Tuesday mind you.

It isnt Oldhams cup final. Please cut the childish hyperbole. Just like it isnt Dales cup final. Its just a local derby for a team with zero to play for and a team that maybe still has something to play for.

Whats with the sudden lack of confidence? If you cant beat Oldham at the moment with a rank bad manager, morale at an all time low (as low as I can remember in 37 years of going there) and 7 first teamers missing then you aint finishing above mid table.

Significantly better Tuesday?

Behind the goal?

Mmmm. Not sure that's better.
Oldham away... on 13:22 - Mar 19 with 2304 viewsTalkingSutty

It's not a lack of confidence,we can lose to anybody and Oldham are no exception. Fans of some clubs win a few games, get into a play off spot before Xmas and then start pronouncing how they are the best thing since sliced bread with the biggest away following the league as ever seen.They get giddy!!

I said at the time it would end in tears because it always does for you lot, I wasnt wrong
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:24]
Oldham away... on 13:26 - Mar 19 with 2286 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:18 - Mar 19 by aleanddale

Significantly better Tuesday?

Behind the goal?

Mmmm. Not sure that's better.

Better stand. Not a better view. Although low down in the wilbutts is awful.
Oldham away... on 13:27 - Mar 19 with 2281 views100notout

Its not lack of confidence just a bit of humility - something a lot of biffos have never heard of

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Oldham away... on 13:32 - Mar 19 with 2273 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:22 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

It's not a lack of confidence,we can lose to anybody and Oldham are no exception. Fans of some clubs win a few games, get into a play off spot before Xmas and then start pronouncing how they are the best thing since sliced bread with the biggest away following the league as ever seen.They get giddy!!

I said at the time it would end in tears because it always does for you lot, I wasnt wrong
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:24]

Amazing how you predcited that Johnson would leave and we would be decimated by injuries so long ago. Quite remarkable perception. Hill leaves a month ago and 7 first teamers are out for a long duration... what happens to Dale? Come on... at least TRY and look at this for what it is.

2 promotions in 45 years to the 3rd tier and you lot get all giddy....

So it ends in tears a lot less than it does for Dale evidently.

oh, sorry... ;-)
Oldham away... on 13:37 - Mar 19 with 2256 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:27 - Mar 19 by 100notout

Its not lack of confidence just a bit of humility - something a lot of biffos have never heard of

This is such nonsense. Ever since a few kids pitched up on your board to get all mouthy and we happened to beat you in the game at your place this forum has become a mountain of salt.

There is no difference between your average Dale fan and your average Latics fan.

Plus, I dont see much humility from anyone here when they are talking about Latics. I see massively ironic derision of a club from a crappy town in the north west with low attendances and ideas above its station. The clubs and supporters have far more in common than they have differences.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:38]
Oldham away... on 13:40 - Mar 19 with 2247 viewsD_Alien

Oldham away... on 13:32 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

Amazing how you predcited that Johnson would leave and we would be decimated by injuries so long ago. Quite remarkable perception. Hill leaves a month ago and 7 first teamers are out for a long duration... what happens to Dale? Come on... at least TRY and look at this for what it is.

oh, sorry... ;-)

bb, if you've bothered to glance at other threads you'll find we're our own worst critics

There's nowt much a biffo can post that'll top our lot (and that includes me) in that respect

Got my ticket this morning, so I must be confident of summat

[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham away... on 13:46 - Mar 19 with 2227 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham away... on 13:40 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

bb, if you've bothered to glance at other threads you'll find we're our own worst critics

There's nowt much a biffo can post that'll top our lot (and that includes me) in that respect

Got my ticket this morning, so I must be confident of summat

[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:40]

and if you look at our forum and threads you will see we are the same.

the amount of criticsm of club, players and fans on our forum is huge. There is no arrogance on our forum... or no more than any other lower league club at any rate.

To say that Oldham is anything like a Huddersfield, a Preston or even a Bury and a Barnsley in misplaced arrogance and delusions of grandeur is very unfair imo.
Oldham away... on 13:48 - Mar 19 with 2223 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham away... on 13:32 - Mar 19 by biffoboffo

oh, sorry... ;-)

How you arrived at this part of the journey means nothing, the point is it always happens doesn't it?
I don't profess to be Einstein but predicting what would happen with you lot this season was easy, the sheer euphoria on your faces at Spotland ensured the smirk would be removed and it has. Gloating before Easter always ends in tears, remember that.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 13:50]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024