Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. 21:40 - May 7 with 23095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots kids. Could be a long night.

Poll: Tory leader

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:01 - May 7 with 1361 viewsmonmouth

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 22:51 - May 7 by Uxbridge

Please. Please. Please.

That would be peachy. Add in a Clegg a couple of Alexander's and a farage and I'd raise a glass. Shame we can't have a Gove and a Gideon too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:01 - May 7 with 1356 viewsJackfath

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 22:59 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

God knows I'm no psephologist, numbers terrify me, but his logic when claiming Sunderland backed up his figures made no sense to me.

I always thought you were no psephologist.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:03 - May 7 with 1327 viewsLord_Bony

Ok I'm calling it.

Cameron will remain in power tomorrow.

SNP will become very powerful in Scotland.

UKIP to become the party of third choice for UK voters,replacing the Lib Dems.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:05 - May 7 with 1313 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:01 - May 7 by monmouth

That would be peachy. Add in a Clegg a couple of Alexander's and a farage and I'd raise a glass. Shame we can't have a Gove and a Gideon too.

Seems the Tories might rescue Clegg. There's irony.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:05 - May 7 with 1313 viewslondonlisa2001

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 22:57 - May 7 by Uxbridge

He seemed to suggest that result backed up the exit poll. but from the previous figures I'm really not following that logic. A good statistician will always find the stats that back up his arguments I guess.

He is saying that the exit poll for Sunderland was the same as the result hence him saying that the exits may be right. I think :-)

Far too early to tell at this stage, but it'll make my night if Ed Balls loses his seat.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:05 - May 7 with 1309 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 22:57 - May 7 by Uxbridge

He seemed to suggest that result backed up the exit poll. but from the previous figures I'm really not following that logic. A good statistician will always find the stats that back up his arguments I guess.

It kinda made sense to me - BNP didn't stand, Idependent didn't stand either so votes were lost there. Nth East rabid Labour voters, so those disenchanted with Milliband would vote UKIP rather than Tory I suppose.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:08 - May 7 with 1277 viewsmax936

I sincerely hope we don't have another 5yrs of Cameron and Clegg, someone allay my fears

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:09 - May 7 with 1273 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:05 - May 7 by blueytheblue

It kinda made sense to me - BNP didn't stand, Idependent didn't stand either so votes were lost there. Nth East rabid Labour voters, so those disenchanted with Milliband would vote UKIP rather than Tory I suppose.

Which didn't make sense to me, as Labour looked steady and UKIP hoovered up the rest, so didn't understand how extrapolated the cross-party swings.

Anyway, it's a sample size of 1. My old Stats lecturer would have have ridiculed anyone who have based anything on that.

Login to get fewer ads

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:10 - May 7 with 1269 viewsexiledclaseboy

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:08 - May 7 by max936

I sincerely hope we don't have another 5yrs of Cameron and Clegg, someone allay my fears

If the poll numbers are right that's exactly what we're going to have I'd say. Unless Cameron decides to go it alone as he'll only be about 10 short of a majority. Organised opposition work could still make things difficult for him I suppose.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:10 - May 7 with 1267 viewsmonmouth

No problem mate.

It'll just be cameroon

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:11 - May 7 with 1249 viewsJackFish

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:10 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

If the poll numbers are right that's exactly what we're going to have I'd say. Unless Cameron decides to go it alone as he'll only be about 10 short of a majority. Organised opposition work could still make things difficult for him I suppose.

10 short of a majority if you include a few Sinn Fein MPs. 316 would probably be enough for a minority government backed up by the DUP/UKIP when required.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:11 - May 7 with 1245 viewsexiledclaseboy

Twittersphere now saying that Farage is third in Thanet, Labour and Tories fighting for the win.

So potentially no Balls and no Farage. That's cheered me up a bit.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:12 - May 7 with 1242 viewsUxbridge

It's unlikely. Either the poll is right, and the Liberals will be utterly irrelevant and wouldn't dare go back in with nothing to gain, or they are wrong, and combined they're short of a majority.

Interestingly, both polls make a Labour minority Govt look a lot less likely than it did a week ago. That may be the biggest story here ... we might have another election a lot sooner than anyone would want.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:13 - May 7 with 1219 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:10 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

They may but Labour can't do anything.1

Labour seats + SNP, Greens, Plaid would be well short of a majority.

If the exit poll is right, then it'll be Tories backed by Lib Dems, DUP and dare I say it UKIP.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:14 - May 7 with 1213 viewsepaul

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:11 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

Twittersphere now saying that Farage is third in Thanet, Labour and Tories fighting for the win.

So potentially no Balls and no Farage. That's cheered me up a bit.

Whats the hashtag for these predictions comng through

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:16 - May 7 with 1186 viewsmax936

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:12 - May 7 by Uxbridge

It's unlikely. Either the poll is right, and the Liberals will be utterly irrelevant and wouldn't dare go back in with nothing to gain, or they are wrong, and combined they're short of a majority.

Interestingly, both polls make a Labour minority Govt look a lot less likely than it did a week ago. That may be the biggest story here ... we might have another election a lot sooner than anyone would want.

Miliband has been a disaster for labour, a boy in a mans world.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:16 - May 7 with 1179 viewsexiledclaseboy

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:13 - May 7 by blueytheblue

They may but Labour can't do anything.1

Labour seats + SNP, Greens, Plaid would be well short of a majority.

If the exit poll is right, then it'll be Tories backed by Lib Dems, DUP and dare I say it UKIP.

There you go again. I didn't say Labour could "do anything".

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:16 - May 7 with 1172 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:12 - May 7 by Uxbridge

Ashdown hinted they would though; respect in the will of the ballot box. If Labour perform as per exit poll, they can't form a government even with the smallest majority.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:17 - May 7 with 1164 viewsCountyJim

Another 10000 majority for Labour
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:17 - May 7 with 1157 viewsexiledclaseboy

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:14 - May 7 by epaul

Whats the hashtag for these predictions comng through

I'm picking most of them up from the Guardian's live blog mate. My own Twitter timeline is in meltdown and impossible to follow.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:17 - May 7 with 1157 viewsepaul

If these exit polls are correct hope not, people really are selfish b"stards and dont care about the poor and the vunerable, the NHS and are are happy with food banks, austerity, bedroom tax, gentrification, wider wealth

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:18 - May 7 with 1154 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:16 - May 7 by blueytheblue

Ashdown hinted they would though; respect in the will of the ballot box. If Labour perform as per exit poll, they can't form a government even with the smallest majority.

He couldn't say anything else really. If they keep 30 seats then could have the conversation, but at 10 you're looking at the very survival of the party. They'd have to regroup, and you need to be in opposition for that.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 with 1146 viewsmonmouth

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:16 - May 7 by max936

Miliband has been a disaster for labour, a boy in a mans world.

Whoa there cowboy. Have another pina colada and chill.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 with 1146 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:16 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

There you go again. I didn't say Labour could "do anything".

I know - the point was the exit poll shows there can only be one government.

Labour may try to make things difficult but that's a double dged sword. Oppose something they'd normally back just to be stubborn could damage them long term. More likely, if the exit polls are correct Labour will be plunged back into a moderate vs loony lefty fight, tearing the party apart.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:18 - May 7 by Uxbridge

He couldn't say anything else really. If they keep 30 seats then could have the conversation, but at 10 you're looking at the very survival of the party. They'd have to regroup, and you need to be in opposition for that.

LibDems need the agreement of two-thirds of the parliamentary party to go into coalition as well. What's two thirds of ten?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024