Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. 21:40 - May 7 with 22712 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots kids. Could be a long night.

Poll: Tory leader

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:21 - May 7 with 1474 viewsexiledclaseboy

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 by blueytheblue

I know - the point was the exit poll shows there can only be one government.

Labour may try to make things difficult but that's a double dged sword. Oppose something they'd normally back just to be stubborn could damage them long term. More likely, if the exit polls are correct Labour will be plunged back into a moderate vs loony lefty fight, tearing the party apart.

I agreed with you on the exit poll numbers three pages ago.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:21 - May 7 with 1474 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

LibDems need the agreement of two-thirds of the parliamentary party to go into coalition as well. What's two thirds of ten?

Divide 10 by 3 then multiply by 2. Basic mathematics ;)

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:22 - May 7 with 1472 viewsepaul

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:17 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

I'm picking most of them up from the Guardian's live blog mate. My own Twitter timeline is in meltdown and impossible to follow.

Cheers MrC Ill have a look mines gone a bit bonkers 2

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:23 - May 7 with 1457 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stuart Heritage on the Guardian's supreme live blog:

"Results aside, the emergent star so far tonight is easily John Curtice, representing the British Polling Council on BBC1. He’s evidently panicking about the veracity of the exit poll, and it’s paying a heavy toll on his appearance. At 10pm, he was perfectly presentable. At 10.30pm, he’d started to look a little more ragged. At 11pm, his hair was all over the place, as if — as someone on Twitter put it — like he’d brushed it with a balloon. Next time we cut back to him, there’s a very good chance that he’ll be on fire, or curled up in his suit jacket and whispering into his shoes. It’s going to be a long night, John. Pace yourself."

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:26 - May 7 with 1426 viewsepaul

Balls getting desperate........

On Sky Ed Balls says the exit poll is completely at odds with the polls seen during the campaign.

Even if the exit poll is right, David Cameron would have lost his coalition majority. He would be “clinging on”, he says.

If it is wrong by 10 seats, David Cameron would not be able to put together a majority and get a Queen’s Speech through the Commons, and Ed Miliband would have to become prime minister.

I think this election is still wide open.

Ed Miliband has had the best campaign of all the leaders.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:27 - May 7 with 1404 viewsblueytheblue

Having done basic research I can well see why Peter Kellner would want to poo-poo the exit poll and why it was in his interests for his polls to make it close.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:27 - May 7 with 1395 viewsJackFish

Nonsense. If Cameron gets 316 seats he won't need to be backup up by anyone in a formal collation. And if that exit poll is right there won't really be anyone for him to form a coalition with other than the DUP.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:27 - May 7 with 1390 viewsWarwickHunt

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

LibDems need the agreement of two-thirds of the parliamentary party to go into coalition as well. What's two thirds of ten?

"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."
Login to get fewer ads

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:28 - May 7 with 1368 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've met Sammy Wilson (BBC1 now) a number of times. He's an odious fella and as thick as a canteen mug.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:30 - May 7 with 1337 viewsCountyJim

Washington in 10000 plus again ukip and tories splitting the vote Good !!
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:31 - May 7 with 1337 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:27 - May 7 by JackFish

Nonsense. If Cameron gets 316 seats he won't need to be backup up by anyone in a formal collation. And if that exit poll is right there won't really be anyone for him to form a coalition with other than the DUP.

Yeah, he'd need to. Alternative would be relying upon picking up 10 votes ( plus whatever wuld be needed to offset rebels ) on individual votes.

10 Lib Dem seats in a coalition would be enough for a majority. I'd wager DUP, UKIP would also be involved.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:36 - May 7 with 1289 viewsmax936

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:19 - May 7 by monmouth

Whoa there cowboy. Have another pina colada and chill.

Aye I know, its the thought of another 5yrs of tory rule, is causing me to go off the rails, although I don't think he's a strong labour leader, I know fukall though in all honesty, I'll have to start taking more of an interest,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:37 - May 7 with 1282 viewsmonmouth

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:31 - May 7 by blueytheblue

Yeah, he'd need to. Alternative would be relying upon picking up 10 votes ( plus whatever wuld be needed to offset rebels ) on individual votes.

10 Lib Dem seats in a coalition would be enough for a majority. I'd wager DUP, UKIP would also be involved.

There is no way CMD will be negotiating with Clegg on policy if he's 10seats short. There will be no formal coalition. the norns will just support the queens speech and other votes and there'll be a bone chucked in terms of cash to NI

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:39 - May 7 with 1261 viewsCountyJim

BBC now say Thanet Labour victory ukip third
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:40 - May 7 with 1241 viewsJackFish

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:39 - May 7 by CountyJim

BBC now say Thanet Labour victory ukip third

Really hope that's true.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:41 - May 7 with 1223 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:37 - May 7 by monmouth

There is no way CMD will be negotiating with Clegg on policy if he's 10seats short. There will be no formal coalition. the norns will just support the queens speech and other votes and there'll be a bone chucked in terms of cash to NI

Exactly.If the Tories get over 300 a Tory minority govt is a very likely outcome. There'd be little need for a formal coalition either way.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:42 - May 7 with 1221 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:37 - May 7 by monmouth

Negotiating on policy? Throwing a bone on minor issues, probably. In a situation like this, better to have a formal agreement than not.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:43 - May 7 with 1198 viewsexiledclaseboy

No way can Clegg continue as DPM (even though it's an utterly meaningless title) with 10 MPs. I doubt there'd be a formal coalition.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:48 - May 7 with 1164 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:42 - May 7 by blueytheblue

Negotiating on policy? Throwing a bone on minor issues, probably. In a situation like this, better to have a formal agreement than not.

Confidence and supply would be more than enough. A few bones to Belfast would be more than enough to ensure they get through the Queens speech if nothing else. Sure might lose the odd vote but this is Government for 5 years.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:50 - May 7 with 1127 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:48 - May 7 by Uxbridge

Confidence and supply would be more than enough. A few bones to Belfast would be more than enough to ensure they get through the Queens speech if nothing else. Sure might lose the odd vote but this is Government for 5 years.

True I suppose.

God that Natalie Bennett is a loony, isn't she? Wants to bring the Tories down... yeah the incredibly high number of Green MPs will do that. Plus her bloke is dodgy - she's no Caroline Lucas.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:53 - May 7 with 1109 viewsC_jack

There's going to be some squeaky bums tonight, that's for sure

That Lib Dem figure is a game changer, they struggled to get 300 votes in one of those seats, remarkable.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:53 - May 7 with 1103 viewsJackfath

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:53 - May 7 by C_jack

There's going to be some squeaky bums tonight, that's for sure

That Lib Dem figure is a game changer, they struggled to get 300 votes in one of those seats, remarkable.

F uck em.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:55 - May 7 with 1089 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:50 - May 7 by blueytheblue

True I suppose.

God that Natalie Bennett is a loony, isn't she? Wants to bring the Tories down... yeah the incredibly high number of Green MPs will do that. Plus her bloke is dodgy - she's no Caroline Lucas.

Aye. Caroline Lucas would quite probably be the most impressive party leader in the UK. She's very good. Only the Greens could manage that.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:57 - May 7 with 1080 viewsepaul

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:55 - May 7 by Uxbridge

Aye. Caroline Lucas would quite probably be the most impressive party leader in the UK. She's very good. Only the Greens could manage that.

She's already led the party but gave it up to concentrate as an MP. She is lovely tho

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:57 - May 7 with 1080 viewsblueytheblue

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 23:55 - May 7 by Uxbridge

From memory, Lucas made the decision to stand down as leader to concentrate on duties.

The fact Bennett was the only candidate... eh....

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024