Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Dawson 10:05 - May 14 with 10226 viewssweetcorn

Heard whispers of Dawson heading to shrewsbury, they've apparently offered to double what we have offered him.

Shit news.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stephen Dawson on 10:03 - May 15 with 2102 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Dawson on 09:49 - May 15 by BarryStrange

To be fair Whitey, Etuhu now is much, much better than the player that left Barnsley. We know this because we had to suffer the crap version to the end of January.

His screening of the back 4 has been a huge factor in why we were impossible to score against away from home at the back end of the season. And since Andrew Tutte has been mentioned, he is unrecognisable from the mardy sulk merchant we signed too - he has been running his absolute nads off since Christmas.

Not saying Dawson isn't better than Etuhu, we have had both and Dawson's relentless tenacity can save or win you games, but someone mentioned the idea of him coming to Bury and I just can't see it. We have problems to fix - trying to keep Mayor, need a centre half, desperately need a keeper and a striker not made of chalk that isn't Hallam Hope. I don't think trying to nick Dawson off Dale would be a priority.

However, remembering the circumstances of his leaving Bury (absolutely phoned in the last 2 months of the season and toddled off to Leyton Orient), I certainly suspect the Dale fans have called him right that his agent is off touting him round anywhere that will listen.

You always strike me as the sense-talking bucket on here, Barry.

It worries me that we'll be pretty much competing for players in the same position, too, with you lot being able to offer the better terms.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stephen Dawson on 14:39 - May 15 with 1812 viewsWhiteyBFC

Stephen Dawson on 09:49 - May 15 by BarryStrange

To be fair Whitey, Etuhu now is much, much better than the player that left Barnsley. We know this because we had to suffer the crap version to the end of January.

His screening of the back 4 has been a huge factor in why we were impossible to score against away from home at the back end of the season. And since Andrew Tutte has been mentioned, he is unrecognisable from the mardy sulk merchant we signed too - he has been running his absolute nads off since Christmas.

Not saying Dawson isn't better than Etuhu, we have had both and Dawson's relentless tenacity can save or win you games, but someone mentioned the idea of him coming to Bury and I just can't see it. We have problems to fix - trying to keep Mayor, need a centre half, desperately need a keeper and a striker not made of chalk that isn't Hallam Hope. I don't think trying to nick Dawson off Dale would be a priority.

However, remembering the circumstances of his leaving Bury (absolutely phoned in the last 2 months of the season and toddled off to Leyton Orient), I certainly suspect the Dale fans have called him right that his agent is off touting him round anywhere that will listen.

I'm well aware of Dawson's MO as a footballer, so I think we're in agreement there. Can't fault the bloke really, short career and he's not made much money really. Sort of lad you'd expect to move into coaching though.

Having seen them both at Championship level, I'd suggest both are more at home below that division, but Dawson was the one who in my opinion looked more at ease overall. In fact, he was our most consistent performer under Keith during our wretched 2012, until injuries forced him out. He never really looked the same force under Flicker.

Etuhu had all the physical attributes to be a cracking player, and in around 10% of his games for us he looked top notch. During the 'great escape' for a month or so he put together a run of games where it looked as though the penny had dropped for him. Flicker moved him into a holding role and he flourished. He too got an injury though and he was abysmal in every other game I ever saw him in, which was too many. Danny Wilson played him at right back in a couple of games and he made me yearn for a return for Scott Wiseman who is quite possibly the most feeble defender I've ever had the misfortune of watching for us.

Kelvin should have bossed L2 from the get-go. I'm pleased that he eventually came good for you. But Dawson is the better player, although I'm only too aware that I'm debating over shit or shitty, in all honesty. No matter how bad last season was for us for the majority, I'd have selected every one of our midfielders over a Dawson or Etuhu any day of the week. I just wish a couple had Dawson's knuty attitude. Too many softies at Oakwell last season.

So far been linked with:

Aaron Mooy, Martyn Woolford, Tom Thorpe, George Green, Liam Kelly, Conrad Balatoni, Jordan Cook, Lewis Buxton and Izale McLeod.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024