Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread 15:24 - May 17 with 12913 viewsMrSwerve

Hmmm....

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:06 - May 17 with 1681 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:02 - May 17 by ScoobyWho

Thing that alarmed me was Bonys reception was somewhat louder than I have heard for actual Swans players coming on or leaving the pitch this season.

Pretty disturbing.

Well it's not like he's going to get it every week down here is it. A good player returns to his old club, gets applauded at last home game for this season. Perhaps everyone was just in end of season party mode.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:08 - May 17 with 1672 viewsshandyjack

what got me was it was complete opposite to reception Sinclair got!!

Poll: Expectation for the season

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:09 - May 17 with 1669 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:06 - May 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Well it's not like he's going to get it every week down here is it. A good player returns to his old club, gets applauded at last home game for this season. Perhaps everyone was just in end of season party mode.

Not the first time it's happened though is it.

Unbelievable that some are trying to excuse what is, after all, supporting another player and by association team against the Swans at the Liberty.

MENTAL.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:47 - May 17 with 1595 viewsSwanseajill

A scenario.
If we needed to win the game to stay in the premiership, would his one goal been applauded? I doubt it.
My opinion is I'm a Swans supporter, anyone we play against is my opposition.

I don't clap them.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:53 - May 17 with 1583 viewslondonlisa2001

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 19:44 - May 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Spot on. The lads gave their all and to be fair if the game ended 3-3 no one would have complained. If people want to give Bony a round of applause just for the contribution he made to us then why not? He didn't celebrate his goal as a mark of respect to us so as by injury time his goal had loite bearing on our season so why not clap him?

All you newbies want to look up the word sportsmanship in your dictionaries

Exactly right.

It used to happen fairly frequently down the Vetch as it happens, not that many moaning about the good old days would have a clue.

Guess what - our forefathers used to go and see Cardiff play in the old first division back in the day when the Swans weren't at home in the second.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:54 - May 17 with 1575 viewslondonlisa2001

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:47 - May 17 by Swanseajill

A scenario.
If we needed to win the game to stay in the premiership, would his one goal been applauded? I doubt it.
My opinion is I'm a Swans supporter, anyone we play against is my opposition.

I don't clap them.

No - but the crucial difference is that it didn't matter.

I don't clap them either but I don't have a problem with those that do in such a meaningless scenario.

If we'd been down the bottom and it mattered, it would be different.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:56 - May 17 with 1564 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:54 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

I don't clap them either but I don't have a problem with those that do in such a meaningless scenario.

"it didn't matter".
"meaningless scenario"

You really shouldn't assume others feel this way.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:58 - May 17 with 1563 viewsMrSwerve

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:54 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

I'd agree if we were already 2-0 down but we were fighting for a draw, and he put that out of our reach...

Login to get fewer ads

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:59 - May 17 with 1554 viewsScoobyWho

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:06 - May 17 by Brynmill_Jack

I can understand why, I mean half of the crowd haven't known anything other than success. Maybe they were feeling benevolent. Sinclair didn't get that reception, Bony did, but it was excessive.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:01 - May 17 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:56 - May 17 by Jackfath

"it didn't matter".
"meaningless scenario"

You really shouldn't assume others feel this way.

what difference could it have made then?

If we'd got a point - what could we have achieved ?
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:02 - May 17 with 1536 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:01 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Er...

Drawing a match in which we were 2 down.

Are you on a wind up?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:03 - May 17 with 1534 viewslondonlisa2001

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:58 - May 17 by MrSwerve

I'd agree if we were already 2-0 down but we were fighting for a draw, and he put that out of our reach...

And I would have liked a draw as well, but it actually wouldn't have made a difference. We'd still have ended up 8th.

We couldn't have won at that point, so couldn't have overtaken Southampton.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:04 - May 17 with 1530 viewsMrSwerve

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:01 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

I'd like us to achieve our maximum best points total in the premier league...regardless of what it means in terms of positions...

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:09 - May 17 with 1508 viewslondonlisa2001

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:04 - May 17 by MrSwerve

I'd like us to achieve our maximum best points total in the premier league...regardless of what it means in terms of positions...

I view it as it gives us something to aim for next year.

As have said, I would prefer it obviously if we won even if nothing much rides on it, and also if we drew, but as I have also said, he had scored at that point - nothing we do takes the goal away, so I don't care much given that it doesn't really matter.

I hate it when we lose, but after the season we've had, I'm not even remotely bothered that we lost today. I enjoyed the game and think we've had an unbelievable season. Getting worked up because some people applaud Bony - meh.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:14 - May 17 with 1498 viewslondonlisa2001

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:02 - May 17 by Jackfath

Er...

Drawing a match in which we were 2 down.

Are you on a wind up?

not at all.

We were 3 2 down at that point - I'd have loved a draw as I have said, but he had scored - I don't understand what part of the goal would have stood irrespective of whether we'd clapped him or stoned him you don't understand.

Anyway - let's agree to disagree. I don't ever clap opposition players and didn't today, but I don't really have a problem if people do in that situation.

There are games that I feel angry if we lose - today was not one of them, although of course I wanted to win as much as anyone else.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:15 - May 17 with 1487 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:18 - May 17 by skippyjack

Fair enough if it was Alan Tate or Roger Freestone scoring a 90th minute header.. But applauding a mercenary.. Applauding Lampard was the most weird applause today.. Jordi Gomez and Scott Sinclair got pelters down here.. Danny Graham was lauded.. Caulker was slaughtered.. Ryan Giggs got a standing ovation.. Even some soap star who has no connection to Swansea had a round of applause.. Shaun Mac got called a legend.. I'm miffed by the world lately.. It's not going mad.. It's gone past that.

indeed skipp indeed

Madness

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 21:45 - May 17 with 1431 viewsDarran

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:18 - May 17 by skippyjack

Fair enough if it was Alan Tate or Roger Freestone scoring a 90th minute header.. But applauding a mercenary.. Applauding Lampard was the most weird applause today.. Jordi Gomez and Scott Sinclair got pelters down here.. Danny Graham was lauded.. Caulker was slaughtered.. Ryan Giggs got a standing ovation.. Even some soap star who has no connection to Swansea had a round of applause.. Shaun Mac got called a legend.. I'm miffed by the world lately.. It's not going mad.. It's gone past that.

Make more posts as good as this and someone might give you a job.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:02 - May 17 with 1405 viewsswancity

All more encouraging signs that football is slowly but surely moving away from its hooligan image with shows of sportsmanship and long may it continue

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:15 - May 17 with 1359 viewsCooperman

I put those that applauded the goal in the bracket of prawn sandwich brigade.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:25 - May 17 with 1342 viewsHumpty

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 19:48 - May 17 by 3swan

Not the ones who were at the Vetch that applauded Lua Lua scoring for Colchester

Nor the ones who clapped a young Burnley kid when he scored a wonder goal at the Vetch. About late eighties I think.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:53 - May 17 with 1305 viewsScoobyWho

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:25 - May 17 by Humpty

Nor the ones who clapped a young Burnley kid when he scored a wonder goal at the Vetch. About late eighties I think.

Can't remember when it was, but it was a cracker, FA cup tie ?
Fck ! I meant Lua Lua.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 22:54]

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:58 - May 17 with 1280 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:25 - May 17 by Humpty

Difference here being that the players mentioned never played for us.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 23:11 - May 17 with 1256 viewsAngelRangelQS

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 22:58 - May 17 by Jackfath

Difference here being that the players mentioned never played for us.

Paul Connor scored against us in a mid season League One match and was clapped. 8 years ago. By the plastic 1200 who went to Cheltenham in February.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 23:21 - May 17 with 1240 viewsHumpty

Must be just me but I went to watch a game of football today and enjoyed it immensely. Nice day, two great teams played a very entertaining game in a great atmosphere.

I get home, come on here and realise it was actually an awful, shocking day.

Two ex players got a bit of light applause, the atmosphere was awful, some men went for a beer before half time and Shaun McDonald was incorrectly described by the announcer. None of which I give two f*cks about.

It's almost as if some people aren't happy unless they're moaning about something.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 23:24 - May 17 with 1228 viewsScoobyWho

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 23:21 - May 17 by Humpty

Must be just me but I went to watch a game of football today and enjoyed it immensely. Nice day, two great teams played a very entertaining game in a great atmosphere.

I get home, come on here and realise it was actually an awful, shocking day.

Two ex players got a bit of light applause, the atmosphere was awful, some men went for a beer before half time and Shaun McDonald was incorrectly described by the announcer. None of which I give two f*cks about.

It's almost as if some people aren't happy unless they're moaning about something.

Stop moaning mun !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024