Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's Left? 12:53 - Jun 19 with 5984 viewsSwan91

Ok so we have signed both Ayew and Tabanou

We have also improved our backroom staff with the addition of a ST coach and GK coach.

We are currently in the process of buying the GK Nordfeldt(or whatever his name is) so if we sign him our squad looks relatively complete. What else is left?

For me I would like to see a young goalkeeper brought in as number 3. I still think Zabret has a few more seasons before he will get any look into the first squad.

If britton leaves then we would need to bring in a CM that can play that role and compete with cork(the defensive posession type CM). Unless monk feels that fulton will be able to do the job as second choice.

Also would like to see a young striker brought in to be 3rd choice ST.

So for me if we sign the hereevin GK I would like to see us making 2 more young signings and possibly 1 CDM type signing and. that's it (Aslong as we keep all our players).

What do you guys think??
What's Left? on 13:04 - Jun 19 with 4297 viewsshandyjack

Cf and GK for me, Need back up to Fab and i don't think going into next season with 1 recognised striker is the best idea

Poll: Expectation for the season

What's Left? on 13:07 - Jun 19 with 4273 viewsMagic_Michu

A backup striker to Gomis...Ayew is NOT a striker but a forward / winger.

At the moment if Gomis is injured we're screwed.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

What's Left? on 13:10 - Jun 19 with 4250 viewsraynor94

What's Left? on 13:07 - Jun 19 by Magic_Michu

In fairness here it's early days and we are quite obviously going to sign a back up striker and goalkeeper

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What's Left? on 13:10 - Jun 19 with 4248 viewsThe_Bounder

What's Left? on 13:07 - Jun 19 by Magic_Michu

Two new strikers (Loan and/or permanent) for me then we are done.

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

What's Left? on 13:15 - Jun 19 with 4204 viewsTom1912

The 2 positions we definitely need are:
Goalkeeper
Striker

In addition I wouldn't mind another striker like Oliveria and another CM but as long as we get the above, we're good to go.
What's Left? on 13:40 - Jun 19 with 4105 viewsDull1Thomas

Goalkeeper #1 - as good or better than Tremmel as backup. (unless this happens it will have been a mistake to let him go)
Goalkeeper #2 - young, development, not necessarily under 21s but that would make sense

Striker - different style or real competition for starting spot

(As good replacements should anyone leave)

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

What's Left? on 16:41 - Jun 19 with 3843 viewsSwaneeRiver

A CF to play in place of or with Bafe as needed and a second GK as back up for Fabianski.
I think even if Leon goes we won't replace him, but will move players around a bit
What's Left? on 17:07 - Jun 19 with 3784 viewshobo

Southend United Dan Bentley would be the perfect backup. He has all the qualities of being a Prem regular in a few seasons time
Login to get fewer ads

What's Left? on 17:07 - Jun 19 with 3784 viewsAnotherJohn

Not as much of a priority as the rest, but a right back is worth thinking about. I don't think Rangel could manage an extended run of games if Naughton is crocked.
What's Left? on 17:22 - Jun 19 with 3738 viewsAl_Bundy

What's Left? on 17:07 - Jun 19 by hobo

Southend United Dan Bentley would be the perfect backup. He has all the qualities of being a Prem regular in a few seasons time

Your suggesting a L2 keeper that maybe in a few years could be prem standard as back up!?
What's Left? on 18:01 - Jun 19 with 3642 viewshobo

What's Left? on 17:22 - Jun 19 by Al_Bundy

Your suggesting a L2 keeper that maybe in a few years could be prem standard as back up!?

Since when have Southend United been in League 2?

Case closed.
What's Left? on 19:11 - Jun 19 with 3537 viewsAquinas

John Guidetti on a free.
What's Left? on 19:25 - Jun 19 with 3493 viewsDull1Thomas

What's Left? on 17:07 - Jun 19 by AnotherJohn

Not as much of a priority as the rest, but a right back is worth thinking about. I don't think Rangel could manage an extended run of games if Naughton is crocked.

All the more reason to hang on to Jazz Richards. Always solid sometimes outstanding.

What's Left? on 19:27 - Jun 19 with 3487 viewsraynor94

What's Left? on 19:25 - Jun 19 by Dull1Thomas

All the more reason to hang on to Jazz Richards. Always solid sometimes outstanding.

You have become the best wum on here by a country mile!

What's Left? on 19:31 - Jun 19 with 3469 viewsDull1Thomas

What's Left? on 19:27 - Jun 19 by raynor94

You have become the best wum on here by a country mile!

? I have many many country miles before I come even close to catching you.

What's Left? on 19:32 - Jun 19 with 3462 viewsmagicdaps10

All we need is a goalkeeper and a Striker to be sorted.

Seems that Monk also wants another winger or Attacking Midfielder pending on where he intends to play Ayew. Think after we get a Goaly and Striker then the option of a 3rd choice striker would be nice but if not then we will be ok.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

What's Left? on 19:37 - Jun 19 with 3446 viewsraynor94

What's Left? on 19:31 - Jun 19 by Dull1Thomas

? I have many many country miles before I come even close to catching you.

Just look at your past, instigating a poll asking should Huw step down, you vitriolic attacks on Shelvey, and now your new hobby horse, a local lad who quite obviously isn't good enough to hold down a place, just for starters

What's Left? on 00:15 - Jun 20 with 3178 viewsDull1Thomas

What's Left? on 19:37 - Jun 19 by raynor94

Just look at your past, instigating a poll asking should Huw step down, you vitriolic attacks on Shelvey, and now your new hobby horse, a local lad who quite obviously isn't good enough to hold down a place, just for starters

Ah bless.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 0:19]

What's Left? on 02:59 - Jun 20 with 3105 viewsjack247

Centre forward to compete with Gomis at the very least. Not someone to play back up to him. Back up keeper and we would be fine.
What's Left? on 03:01 - Jun 20 with 3104 viewsjack247

What's Left? on 19:25 - Jun 19 by Dull1Thomas

Fair enough you want to keep hold of him, but always solid, sometimes outstanding? Come on dude
What's Left? on 05:11 - Jun 20 with 3072 viewsSwan91

What's Left? on 02:59 - Jun 20 by jack247

Centre forward to compete with Gomis at the very least. Not someone to play back up to him. Back up keeper and we would be fine.

I'm not so sure only having 2 keepers will be fine. If 1 gets suspended or injured then we are left with only 1 and that could be disastrous for us. That's why I think we need a young goalkeeper with potential as 3rd choice. Zabret is not at that level yet and still has some seasons to go.
What's Left? on 05:25 - Jun 20 with 3067 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What's Left? on 05:11 - Jun 20 by Swan91

I'm not so sure only having 2 keepers will be fine. If 1 gets suspended or injured then we are left with only 1 and that could be disastrous for us. That's why I think we need a young goalkeeper with potential as 3rd choice. Zabret is not at that level yet and still has some seasons to go.

As long as you aren't overpaying for that thought process.

Knock on wood, but I just don't worry relatively much about what is behind Fabianski.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What's Left? on 05:43 - Jun 20 with 3058 viewsSwan91

What's Left? on 05:25 - Jun 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

As long as you aren't overpaying for that thought process.

Knock on wood, but I just don't worry relatively much about what is behind Fabianski.

True but if he is a young GK with potential it could be worth the money. I would say the amount we paid for grimes (1.2mill) or lower and it would be a good investment. This should be a player who can atleast play championship level relatively well. Then hope to break into the first squad in the next 3-4 seasons.

I trust Fabianski so much but all it takes is an injury then we are down to 1 GK. That could be a little scary haha.
What's Left? on 09:56 - Jun 20 with 2961 viewsThe_Bounder

All this talk about Zabret being 3rd choice keeper, people seem to be forgetting Oliver Davies who played a large amount of games for the U21s last season.

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

What's Left? on 10:28 - Jun 20 with 2907 viewscsf

What's Left? on 18:01 - Jun 19 by hobo

Since when have Southend United been in League 2?

Case closed.

Were they not in League 2 from the end of the 2010/11 season to the end of the the 2014/15 season?? And he's played for the last two?? Therefore a league 2 goalkeeper surely??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024