Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinion and a Question! 16:43 - Jul 15 with 3291 viewsRoChDaLe

1. I think the away kit looks class.. hate the home kit though.
2. Anyone who's been to any of the pre-season games could you tell me about how our new signings have done because i've not read/heard much?

Thanks in advance

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Opinion and a Question! on 17:30 - Jul 15 with 3206 viewsChaffRAFC

Think the opposite about the kits. Don't think the away kit is a disaster but it's not great whereas I love the home kit. Looks fantastic in the pictures.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Opinion and a Question! on 18:01 - Jul 15 with 3159 viewsbocadave

Having spent the last seven years playing in black and blue, colours which have been unique to dale in the football league, I fail to understand why somebody at the club thought it would be a good idea to have a stockport kit for home games and a port vale kit for away games.
Opinion and a Question! on 18:27 - Jul 15 with 3102 viewsboromat

Hate both kits don't look or feel like the Successful Rochdale teams of recent years. The black and blue should have stayed.

On the new recruits its still very early to tell, we haven't seen the best of the players we know and love yet so think it would be unfair to expect more of the new lads. However to give you an idea and take these comparisons very lightly as its on two games and doesn't mean they are as good but McDermott seems like a bit of a Dagnall proper battler, Lewis comes across as more of a Glenn Murray will hold the ball up with varying success but has some skill and an edge of quality about him. Hopefully they'll both live up to these comparisons but after two halfs against Fylde and Chester there's a long way to go.

Against Fylde the full squad seemed to be in Neutral against Chester we moved up into 1st gear looking forward to Macc now.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Opinion and a Question! on 18:47 - Jul 15 with 3056 viewsShun

I've made my thoughts on the kit clear enough, so I won't dwell. I'll just say that for a year at least (I bloody hope just a year!) we've lost an identity unique in British football that we looked to be developing, one that the vast majority of (all?) fans seemed to like. There's not a chance I'll be buying a kit this year.
Opinion and a Question! on 20:19 - Jul 15 with 2910 views442Dale

Opinion and a Question! on 18:47 - Jul 15 by Shun

I've made my thoughts on the kit clear enough, so I won't dwell. I'll just say that for a year at least (I bloody hope just a year!) we've lost an identity unique in British football that we looked to be developing, one that the vast majority of (all?) fans seemed to like. There's not a chance I'll be buying a kit this year.

This is something as a club, both to those who welcome the money being spent and those spending it, is very important. I don't think we can underestimate that unique brand. It opens so many doors with minimal effort and if anything we didn't capitalise on it enough in the past. Only two other clubs in the modern era have had blue & black as their main home colours and both Gillingham and Wigan dropped it very quickly. The general consensus is we shouldn't have gone down that route and removed black from the home shirts ourselves.

After contacting the sales and marketing manager recently, fans should be confident that their feedback on forums like this is taken into consideration on subjects like the kit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Opinion and a Question! on 20:30 - Jul 15 with 2886 viewsflyerdale

The new kits are terrible, like others have said ignoring the branding that was well received by its customers is a sales disaster. Bloody clueless.

I wouldn't look too much into any performances from any players yet they are just training games so far. Most players will still be getting up to full fitness, the performance will follow.
Opinion and a Question! on 20:48 - Jul 15 with 2861 viewsToffeemanc

Completely agree with the OP regarding the kits for this season. The away kit looks ok, but the home kit is bloody awful.
Whoever made the decision to remove the black from the home strip and replace it with white should read this message board and try to work out how much money they have cost the club in lost replica shirt sales for this season.
As a fan who usually buys both the home and away shirt x 2 for myself and teenage child the club will be missing out on at least £80 this season from me as we both dislike the home shirt and won't be buying one.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Opinion and a Question! on 00:56 - Jul 16 with 2663 viewsDaley_Lama

Opinion and a Question! on 20:48 - Jul 15 by Toffeemanc

Completely agree with the OP regarding the kits for this season. The away kit looks ok, but the home kit is bloody awful.
Whoever made the decision to remove the black from the home strip and replace it with white should read this message board and try to work out how much money they have cost the club in lost replica shirt sales for this season.
As a fan who usually buys both the home and away shirt x 2 for myself and teenage child the club will be missing out on at least £80 this season from me as we both dislike the home shirt and won't be buying one.

I thought the idea of this was to

a) give your opinion on the previous question and then

b) pose a new question.

I will give it a try

a) I don't give a fig about kits, they could wear sack-cloth for all I care as long as they play their hearts out

b) Do you think Keith Hill will promote Diba ahead of Lillis for the first game of the season if no other keeper joins the club before kick off, given that Hill sees Lillis as a second choice keeper based on all evidence last season?

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Opinion and a Question! on 06:04 - Jul 16 with 2599 viewsBrighouseDale

Right, let's wipe the slate clean as regards kits. It's widely acknowledged on here that blue and black was a tremendous success, because it was unique in the FL. With that in mind, I propose that we select a new color scheme (excuse my spelling but I'm in America right now) and jolly well stick to it. Has anyone done blue and pink before? Not to my knowledge, let's take them colors lads!

What was the other question? Oh yes, pre-season. Not had the opportunity to partake as yet, but on a sad note The Pump Rooms in Halifax are currently being demolished. Spent a lovely sunny afternoon there two years ago before our friendly with AFC Halifax Town, very sad to see it go.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Opinion and a Question! on 10:13 - Jul 16 with 2483 viewsD_Alien

Opinion and a Question! on 06:04 - Jul 16 by BrighouseDale

Right, let's wipe the slate clean as regards kits. It's widely acknowledged on here that blue and black was a tremendous success, because it was unique in the FL. With that in mind, I propose that we select a new color scheme (excuse my spelling but I'm in America right now) and jolly well stick to it. Has anyone done blue and pink before? Not to my knowledge, let's take them colors lads!

What was the other question? Oh yes, pre-season. Not had the opportunity to partake as yet, but on a sad note The Pump Rooms in Halifax are currently being demolished. Spent a lovely sunny afternoon there two years ago before our friendly with AFC Halifax Town, very sad to see it go.

Opinion: You can't use the term "jolly well" if you're in the US

Question: can the yanks understand you?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2015 10:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024