Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The art of conversation 14:43 - Jul 25 with 6525 views442Dale

Could soon die out in the Main Stand if the volume levels on the tannoy remain the same for the season.

I think Cutgate precinct probably know of BBM's inclusion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The art of conversation on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 2325 viewsTalkingSutty

The art of conversation on 17:59 - Jul 25 by R17ALE

How do people cope week in week out in our seated stands?

The tannoy really is painfully loud and aggressive. Luckily, the speakers in the Sandy don't work. I can't wait to get back in there.

It cannot be right that you have to shout at the person next to you just to have a half time conversation!

We seem to play better when the Sandy Lane is empty...just an observation
The art of conversation on 21:15 - Jul 25 with 2296 viewsNinco

Surely if there's fewer people there, the tannoy would appear to be louder, as the people make less noise if there are less of them, so you can hear the tannoy more.

I think I'd rather have it loud than sit there in silence, or have a Gigg Lane type tannoy that you can't hear properly.
The art of conversation on 21:22 - Jul 25 with 2280 views442Dale

The art of conversation on 21:15 - Jul 25 by Ninco

Surely if there's fewer people there, the tannoy would appear to be louder, as the people make less noise if there are less of them, so you can hear the tannoy more.

I think I'd rather have it loud than sit there in silence, or have a Gigg Lane type tannoy that you can't hear properly.

Why not just loud enough to hear both the tannoy and the person next to you?

Can't remember it being that bad before a game in the past but, as noted, the volume noticeably changed at one stage making talking and hearing it fine.

The art of conversation on 21:23 - Jul 25 with 2276 viewsTalkingSutty

The art of conversation on 20:46 - Jul 25 by Brierls

Tazzy. Enough is enough. You went on holiday to watch England U21's. There was no 'promotional work', you took a flag and it was spotted on the TV. That is it. What you did is no different to what other Dale fans have done time and again at major sporting events.

I'm not interested in any arguments about the PtL card, but please stop with the utter bullshit notion that you are owed anything by the club.

When it comes to the placing of flags at major Sporting events Tazzys effort wins hands down, many fans have travelled the world with flags but Tazzy's effort takes some beating.

Tazzy's personality will always attract attention, it's animal magnetism, remember that bird from Peterborough? Tuesday nights game saw an unexpected influx of People from Portugal in the TDS stand, that's very unusual and it's something Tazzy predicted on his return from Europe.

Maybe the Club should look at presenting him with a signed Football shirt or get the players to autograph his flag, he's putting the Club on the map is Tazzy.
The art of conversation on 21:41 - Jul 25 with 2235 viewsBartRowou

The art of conversation on 21:15 - Jul 25 by Ninco

I'd rather have a tannoy like the one we had last season that didn't work.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

The art of conversation on 21:45 - Jul 25 with 2225 viewsBrierls

The art of conversation on 21:23 - Jul 25 by TalkingSutty

When it comes to the placing of flags at major Sporting events Tazzys effort wins hands down, many fans have travelled the world with flags but Tazzy's effort takes some beating.

Tazzy's personality will always attract attention, it's animal magnetism, remember that bird from Peterborough? Tuesday nights game saw an unexpected influx of People from Portugal in the TDS stand, that's very unusual and it's something Tazzy predicted on his return from Europe.

Maybe the Club should look at presenting him with a signed Football shirt or get the players to autograph his flag, he's putting the Club on the map is Tazzy.

Can I pop round and have a sip, or even sniff, of what you've been drinking?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2015 21:46]
The art of conversation on 21:58 - Jul 25 with 2187 viewsDalenet

The art of conversation on 21:45 - Jul 25 by Brierls

Think you have just been whooshed

Seriously Tazzy you need to hear yourself.
The art of conversation on 21:59 - Jul 25 with 2186 viewsTalkingSutty

The art of conversation on 21:45 - Jul 25 by Brierls

Just a sip, its Metaxa 7* and i dont usually share it.
Login to get fewer ads

The art of conversation on 22:02 - Jul 25 with 2175 viewsBrierls

The art of conversation on 21:58 - Jul 25 by Dalenet

Think you have just been whooshed

Seriously Tazzy you need to hear yourself.

If you've seen the history on here between me and TS I'd suggest neither of us are capable of whooshing the other!
The art of conversation on 22:04 - Jul 25 with 2170 viewsBrierls

The art of conversation on 21:59 - Jul 25 by TalkingSutty

Just a sip, its Metaxa 7* and i dont usually share it.

I don't drink the cheap stuff. That said, my finances are in a similar state to the Greek economy, so it's a very generous offer.
The art of conversation on 22:12 - Jul 25 with 2150 viewsTalkingSutty

The art of conversation on 22:04 - Jul 25 by Brierls

I don't drink the cheap stuff. That said, my finances are in a similar state to the Greek economy, so it's a very generous offer.

Very quaffable Brandy for a very moderate price.Sorry to hear about your finances, you and Tazzy have a lot in common!!
The art of conversation on 22:16 - Jul 25 with 2140 views442Dale

If ever a thread summed up this messageboard...

The art of conversation on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 2122 viewsBrierls

The art of conversation on 22:16 - Jul 25 by 442Dale

If ever a thread summed up this messageboard...

Now it does.
The art of conversation on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 2094 views1907

The art of conversation on 20:38 - Jul 25 by tazzydjr

Earn.* A. Career.*

I do mate. 50 hours a week. Paying for the likes of you to sit on your arse complaining.
The art of conversation on 23:12 - Jul 25 with 2063 viewsD_Alien

The art of conversation on 22:29 - Jul 25 by Brierls

Now it does.

Those socks look to have individual toe sections, like the finger sections on gloves.

Is that why they sum up the messageboard?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The art of conversation on 09:04 - Jul 26 with 1898 viewsDomDale

Tannoys are for posho's. We don't even have speakers in the sandy. Totally #AMF.

That said the pies are a bit better in the main stand...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

The art of conversation on 10:55 - Jul 26 with 1807 viewsirisaln

Please, can we have a local brass band ?
The art of conversation on 10:57 - Jul 26 with 1798 views442Dale

The art of conversation on 10:55 - Jul 26 by irisaln

Please, can we have a local brass band ?

Only if they are relatively quiet.

The art of conversation on 17:06 - Jul 26 with 1695 viewsblackvincent

The art of conversation on 17:59 - Jul 25 by R17ALE

How do people cope week in week out in our seated stands?

The tannoy really is painfully loud and aggressive. Luckily, the speakers in the Sandy don't work. I can't wait to get back in there.

It cannot be right that you have to shout at the person next to you just to have a half time conversation!

Absolutely agree. It drives people out of their seats at half time and prevents some from taking their seats as early as they would wish. Its at an unhealthy and damaging level, and needs to be turned down so that normal conversation can take place, its not a disco. Its these conversations that are enjoyable, not having to shout above such a din. Hopefully common sense will eventually prevail.
The art of conversation on 19:00 - Jul 26 with 1604 viewsmingthemerciless

It's the way of the world unfortunately. It's just same at any wedding, birthday party, retirement do you attend these days. You can talk to the the person sat next to you on either side and that's it. You converse with the person sat opposite you on the table in sign language. D.J.' S rule ! Resistance is futile.
The art of conversation on 19:09 - Jul 26 with 1585 viewsflyerdale

I take my nephew to home games quite a few times a season where the last time he attended the tannoy music was hurting his ears. He had to cover them up with his hands they were hurting that much. He was sat next to me and we couldn't hear each other speak. He says he doesn't want to go again if its like that again.
The art of conversation on 19:21 - Jul 26 with 1574 views442Dale

The art of conversation on 19:09 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

I take my nephew to home games quite a few times a season where the last time he attended the tannoy music was hurting his ears. He had to cover them up with his hands they were hurting that much. He was sat next to me and we couldn't hear each other speak. He says he doesn't want to go again if its like that again.

Which stand was that?

Would fully expect the issue to be looked at in the upcoming couple of weeks.

The art of conversation on 20:22 - Jul 26 with 1524 viewsflyerdale

The art of conversation on 19:21 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

Which stand was that?

Would fully expect the issue to be looked at in the upcoming couple of weeks.

Pearl Street. We were sat near the front and it was unbearable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024