Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcast 01:24 - Sep 22 with 4756 viewsGetMeRangers

Really great listen, especially with a very open Steve Gallen. Some interesting points, in particular whether the narrow pitch at LR is a hindrance to the team we have now. (ignoring Finney and his first waffle with Steve)

https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-media/queens-past-rangers
Podcast on 11:20 - Sep 23 with 1077 viewsWestminsteRs

Good podcast overall but the stuff at the start of the Steve Gallen interview was cringeworthy.

Anyone would think that Finney wants EVERYONE to know that he's had a few pints with Kevin Gallen. I won't believe it until he mentions it on another few podcasts.
Podcast on 13:41 - Sep 23 with 1023 viewsR_from_afar

Podcast on 11:34 - Sep 22 by Antti_Heinola

It was a great podcast that. I had a bit of sympathy for Bowen - I think they were completely shell-shocked at just how badly things had gone, and to not have won any games at all must have been baffling, because they hadn't had a run like that before and they were probably doing the same things they always did, which had worked before. The failure to get a win when we were playing quite well at the start of that season was what really ruined them.

Looks like something similar may be happening now at Stoke!

Looking forward to listening to the Gallen pod.

When you're arrogant, complacent and self-obsessed, you do rather lay yourself open to shellshock.

I am still haunted by that baffled look on Hughes' face as it all fell apart in front of him. His tie was beautifully knotted though, meticulously even.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Podcast on 14:58 - Sep 23 with 1001 viewsTacticalR

Podcast on 13:41 - Sep 23 by R_from_afar

When you're arrogant, complacent and self-obsessed, you do rather lay yourself open to shellshock.

I am still haunted by that baffled look on Hughes' face as it all fell apart in front of him. His tie was beautifully knotted though, meticulously even.

RFA

Was it bafflement or constipation?

Air hostess clique

Podcast on 00:01 - Sep 24 with 935 viewsCiderwithRsie

Podcast on 14:29 - Sep 22 by paulparker

Dawes, Neil, Fereday , Hucker , Peacock, Channing , Roberts , Ready
im pretty sure they came through the youth in the 80s as well,
it all went wrong in the 90s when chris Wright handed out silly contracts to the likes of Brazier, Quarsie , Challis, Mahony-johnson, Graham,Perry, Bruce to stop them leaving on Bosmans

Unless I'm losing my memory you're completely right on that. Ian Stewart too.

Earlier you have Ian Gillard and Dave Clement. From Gillard/Clement to Dawes/Neill you have a run of about 20 years when we hardly ever fielded a full-back who hadn't come through the youth team.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any club producing a pair of strikers of the calibre of Goddard and Allen simultaneously in the last 50 odd years.

Later on we should add Crouch to the list. There's also the ones that got away such as Dougie Freedman and surely Rio Ferdinand (ahem) made the point that we were his first club.

So I don't think it's entirely misty-eyed nostalgia to say we used to produce decent youth players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024