Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand - time to go 11:13 - Oct 22 with 7026 viewsrichpr

He is responsible for...

CR coming in as manager
Not selling Phillips, Austin & co
Not selling the above meant keeping massive salaries on books and led to making a serious bunch of cr*p, useless loan signings
No doubt will sell Austin and co for virtually nothing in January
Can't get any decent loan signings from the big teams for some reason (and no Watford are not a big team)
Not a youth player near the first team all of a sudden
Creating a long-term plan - well the short-term plan is not going in the right direction so absolutely no chance of a decent long-term plan

Sorry LF and CR but time to go. Everyone was rooting for them but it just isn't working. If it wasn't for 10m we got for Sterling we'd be in deeper sh*t
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 13:01 - Oct 22 with 2061 viewsDiscodroids

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:50 - Oct 22 by richpr

OK - understood

as you may have noted, I always think my threads through very clearly Rich.

MY normal protocol is to run Them by various members of the illuminati and other powerful organisations such as FEMA and the fabian society. Then ,following extensive focus groups and untangling the myriad of legal ramifications, they give the go ahead for me to call Chris Ramsey a c unts trumpet.

i gave you an up arrow mate, for going against the grain.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 13:10]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 13:03 - Oct 22 with 2055 viewsA40Bosh

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:49 - Oct 22 by johncharles

Sir Les is a QPR legend and hero..... and you are...... ?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 11:51]

Ok, whilst I totally disagree with the OP, let's get over ourselves with the Legend bit - as a player yes, but he is in uncharted territory and has to prove himself fit for purpose over the season that he is the right man for HIS job as well.

My own personal view of things is that I fear what is going on in the background from a finances perspective. I suspect that there is a realization that the club could still get hit with an unprecedented level of FFP fine even after protracted legal wrangling and further more, the trimming back of the costs of the current squad has not been sufficient to avoid further penalties for the forthcoming accounts.

This is why I think there has been a noticeable shift in the language coming down from above and why CR appears to stall and correct himself when referring to the ambitions for this season. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that we retained 3 key players. We did not cave in on Austin and Phillips because that would send out a signal that if you keep plugging away at QPR then on deadline day they will cave in and take a cheaper deal every time. So it was important to not cave in on Austin, not for the actual return we would have made on him, but protecting ourselves from vultures the next time we end up having to shift players to trim the squad. It was probably all smoke and mirrors and we were just lucky that Charlie boy played the good little employee and did not publicly make a fuss about not getting a premier club move.

I think the Board have realized that if we stay in the Championship again next season then forget consolidation, we will be hit with even bigger fines, smaller revenues and we will be forced in to a fire sale of everything he have got and then if we think we are in trouble now, just wait for next season.

Therefore the Board have decided that financially we HAVE to get back up and TF language changed, and then LF language changed and CR has been told to get his finger out.

Why bring in NW? What is he good at? Getting teams promoted, that is what he does - well, has done in the past and with us in some style. So forget CR wanting some help, or perhaps it was CR who was bright enough to realize he was in the brown stuff and broached the subject first. Whatever the fact, I strongly suspect that the tide has turned and the target for this season is promotion.

It could possibly end in more tears before the season is out.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 14:32 - Oct 22 with 1932 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:46 - Oct 22 by richpr

Youngster eh!
Angello - panic loan signing (I guess he's part of the plan)
Gladwin - sends him back to Swindon on load - I guess they are not paying his full wages
Hall - panic signing when someone realized at the last minute we were short on defenders - never going to make it at Spurs
Furlong - excellent prospect - ship him out to Northampton
Doughty - CR never plays him
Greco-Cox - seems to be banished to the reserves? not sure
Chery - good player but was subbed by CR in most games (at least he showed he cared v Fulham)

I absolutely agree with you as to what the strategy should be - but it needs a very good project manager in laying down the strategy and implementing it.

We seem to be further from implementing that very strategy than we were at the end of last year. That is why I am on at LF - I would love him to succeed but just can't see what he has done that is progressive in nearly a year.

Not sure Angello was a panic signing, he's a decent player alongside the right partner. Hall again on trial and has done pretty well, nowhere near a panic signing but someone who fits in with what Ferdinand is trying to do. I agree some of the kids should be playing but team selection is not down to Ferdinand and as I said the goalposts have changed and for some reason the owners want a different strategy again now so youngsters being picked is not going to happen.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 14:40 - Oct 22 with 1913 viewsjohncharles

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:05 - Oct 22 by richpr

Stanley for Director of Football. Rodney for Manager. Wegerlie for Coach. Stainrod for Chairman. Doesn't work that way. I can't criticise someone cos I am not as good at playing as they were?? ok mate - you must be someone very famous min disguise.

Love your suggestions. Could I add Phil Parkes as financial director, Dave Thomas as head of marketing (shin pads) and Don Givens to head up the Irish operations.
Yes I am famous, world famous in the Red Lion.

Strong and stable my arse.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 14:47 - Oct 22 with 1901 viewsjohncharles

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:35 - Oct 22 by Discodroids

can any one tell me where i left the jasmine and bergamot incense sticks ??, i thought i left them in the kitchen drawer, but no such luck.
Thanks.

Did you find a fork in the knife drawer ? I've been so worried.

Strong and stable my arse.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 14:53 - Oct 22 with 1888 viewsDiscodroids

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 14:47 - Oct 22 by johncharles

Did you find a fork in the knife drawer ? I've been so worried.

no Mr charles, although i did find 2 aa batteries that didnt work 4 aaa bateries (one of which worked), a birthday candle, shoe shine (that had dried out), a bottle of superdrug multivitamins(2 years past there sell by date) and a broken watch from Argos.

still working my through it mate, i'll keep you informed of any further finds and developments.

if any one else is interested in what i find in the drawer, please let me know, and i'll add you to the circulation list.

...stop press... i found a uesd plug in air freshner as well...
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 14:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 15:08 - Oct 22 with 1860 viewsAntti_Heinola

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 13:01 - Oct 22 by Discodroids

MY normal protocol is to run Them by various members of the illuminati and other powerful organisations such as FEMA and the fabian society. Then ,following extensive focus groups and untangling the myriad of legal ramifications, they give the go ahead for me to call Chris Ramsey a c unts trumpet.

you always run them past me, which is good practice.
But then you ignore me when I tell you to stop writing such flowery, frivolous nonsense anyway. So what's the point?

Bare bones.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 15:11 - Oct 22 with 1852 viewsconnell10

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 13:01 - Oct 22 by Discodroids

What's a c unts trumpet? Is a trumpet made purely from c unts, or a trumpet that is played through said orifice???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 1841 viewsloftboy

On the Austin issue, it's not the clubs fault if he won't sign a new deal, we should be grateful he's opted to see his contract out and hopefully have the benefit of him banging in a few more goals before he goes.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 15:19 - Oct 22 with 1839 viewsWilloW4

If I remember rightly, I got about 18 down arrows for asking what Redknapp , Jordan and bond did for a living at Rangers....2 months later.. I was reading the same thing from other posters..aaah, LFW's, gotta love it....!
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 15:44 - Oct 22 with 1799 viewsWilloW4

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 14:40 - Oct 22 by johncharles

Love your suggestions. Could I add Phil Parkes as financial director, Dave Thomas as head of marketing (shin pads) and Don Givens to head up the Irish operations.
Yes I am famous, world famous in the Red Lion.

Dave Thomas....socks rolled down, flying down the wing, delivering a great cross over whilst being kicked to bits...magic! . To quote my dear departed dad.." That's a proper footballer son,!"
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 16:33 - Oct 22 with 1741 viewsShotKneesHoop

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:56 - Oct 22 by richpr

Perhaps, somebody can tell me why LF is there at all. CR and TF get all the blame.
I admit I am a bit of a pessimist which is part of the fun but PLEASE tell me what he has done that is moving QPR in the right direction.

Stopping Our Tone playing Billy Big Mates and Tone tweeting every time he sees a polished turd.

Tell me I'm wrong.

'Cos I'm not.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 00:56 - Oct 23 with 1536 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Really cant be bothered...
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 01:16 - Oct 23 with 1526 viewsFredManRave

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 00:56 - Oct 23 by bacardiinbrissie

Really cant be bothered...

I think this is the thread you're looking for;

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/156371/laziest-thi

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 06:28 - Oct 23 with 1467 viewsAgedR

I actually think this is an interesting thread. But then at 5am and unable to sleep through guts ache caused by an absent gall bladder (oh not another gall bladder thread) I confess I am easily amused.

Plus it has opened the floor to some of LFW's better posters.

And it's not a fuxking anti EU or immigrant thread.

So well done for that OP.

That said, I also don't agree with the you. Only because LF and CR (seem to) have been systematically undermined from the owners. Unless LF and CR were fully aware that there was no intention of the owners supporting a long term plan and were chancing their arm and trousering a few quid. In which case they are not immune from criticism. Albeit only as fellas taking advantage of the opportunity of a nice little earner sponsored ultimately by us fans.

A cynic might say that TF has managed his fan PR geniusly. However, with the appointment of NW, TF appears to have gambled on his personal standing being higher than LF.

It will be interesting to note how this plays out.

When we get the first rendition of Tony Fernandes from Q block, we'll have our answer.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 08:40 - Oct 23 with 1402 viewsMvpeter

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:22 - Oct 22 by Antti_Heinola

Can't believe I'm replying to this tiresome nonsense, but ok.

CR coming in as manager - Partly. But TF wanted him too.

Not selling Phillips, Austin & co - The offers made weren't enough. Charlie didn't want to go to the clubs that showed interest. So this is nonsense. Club did the right thing.

Not selling the above meant keeping massive salaries on books and led to making a serious bunch of cr*p, useless loan signings - Really?

No doubt will sell Austin and co for virtually nothing in January - Sack him for something we might do?

Can't get any decent loan signings from the big teams for some reason (and no Watford are not a big team) - How do you know we've tried? How do you know they'd be any good? See Sahar, Ben. See Sinclair, Scott. See Carroll, Tom. etc.

Not a youth player near the first team all of a sudden - All of a sudden? When was there before? Doughty should be more involved, Harriman or Furlong should perhaps be on the bench, but there is no one else really up to standard. Listen to Steve Gallen's podcast about our 'youth system' even when we thought it was good it didn't really exist.

Creating a long-term plan - well the short-term plan is not going in the right direction so absolutely no chance of a decent long-term plan - Things are nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Sorry LF and CR but time to go. Everyone was rooting for them but it just isn't working. If it wasn't for 10m we got for Sterling we'd be in deeper sh*t - You rooted for them for about 5 minutes. Well done. The Sterling bit makes no sense at all. If we didn't have the Sterling money we might well have taken less for Austin. That we didn't was because we didn't have to.

Still, well done for trying.

I agree with this mostly. I just thought this line was interesting 'Harriman or Furlong should perhaps be on the bench,'

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 08:42 - Oct 23 with 1401 viewsconnell10

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 06:28 - Oct 23 by AgedR

I actually think this is an interesting thread. But then at 5am and unable to sleep through guts ache caused by an absent gall bladder (oh not another gall bladder thread) I confess I am easily amused.

That said, I also don't agree with the you. Only because LF and CR (seem to) have been systematically undermined from the owners. Unless LF and CR were fully aware that there was no intention of the owners supporting a long term plan and were chancing their arm and trousering a few quid. In which case they are not immune from criticism. Albeit only as fellas taking advantage of the opportunity of a nice little earner sponsored ultimately by us fans.

A cynic might say that TF has managed his fan PR geniusly. However, with the appointment of NW, TF appears to have gambled on his personal standing being higher than LF.

When we get the first rendition of Tony Fernandes from Q block, we'll have our answer.

tf is a c unts trumpet!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 09:13 - Oct 23 with 1376 viewsShotKneesHoop

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 06:28 - Oct 23 by AgedR

Our Tone barely mentioned by the crowd now - perhaps everyone now realises that the road to the Conference is paved with Tone's short term intentions.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024