Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number 13 . 08:53 - Oct 25 with 2248 viewsbwildered

First round FA Cup draw Monday evening .
U's number 13 , other notables Southend 41, Wycombe 46 and Braintree 77 .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Number 13 . on 16:00 - Oct 29 with 718 viewsnoah4x4

Number 13 . on 14:32 - Oct 29 by Leadbelly

http://wealdstone-fc.com/club/the-ground/

Noah,

The above link suggests a capacity higher than your figure but, either way, I don't think we'll be getting as many tickets as we could sell. Fair enough if the locals do attend but it will be somewhat annoying if they don't.

Article does suggest a "makeover by fans", which was not mentioned in my perhaps more dated source (Wikipedia). But even at 3,600 I suspect it will be all ticket and we will get hence a restricted allocation. We will probably sell out, but will the locals? Can't be an easy calculation for club and police etc. Suspect they might have preferred a trip to WHCS.
Number 13 . on 16:41 - Oct 29 with 703 viewsthrillseeker

The following link provides all TV details including which countries can access games.

http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv
Number 13 . on 17:27 - Oct 29 with 699 viewsdurham_exile

Number 13 . on 16:41 - Oct 29 by thrillseeker

The following link provides all TV details including which countries can access games.

http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv

An interesting link thrillseeker.

Once again the U's have missed out on the decent money, bring on Man in the Third Round "live and televised"

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 13 . on 18:37 - Oct 29 with 686 viewsLeadbelly

Number 13 . on 17:27 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

An interesting link thrillseeker.

Once again the U's have missed out on the decent money, bring on Man in the Third Round "live and televised"

Up the U's

Utd or City? Or perhaps you meant Mansfield!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Number 13 . on 20:55 - Oct 29 with 638 viewswessex_exile

From the Wealdstone FC website, courtesy of (and via) Lofty on the OMB (I've taken out the bit for WFC supporters about a free ticket offer they've been running):

"Following a series of meetings with all the authorities the Club can now announce the arrangements for our forthcoming 1st Rd FA Cup tie with Colchester Utd which will be played on Sat 7 Nov kick-off 3.00pm at The FREEBETS STADIUM.CO.UK, Grosvenor Vale, HA4 6JQ.

There will be no ground segregation in operation for this tie but fans will be directed to designated turnstile by stewards on arrival. It is hoped that this decision is respected by all who attend. There will be a good number of stewards on duty in the ground at all times and fans from both clubs are asked to comply with any instructions given to ensure safety and security for all.

Match day admission charges
We are still in discussion with Colchester Utd over the match day entry charges, these will be posted as soon as agreement has been reached.
Adults — £TBA
Concessions (over 65Â’s and students -– id needed please) — £TBA
Under 16Â’s — £TBA
It will be pay on the day (cash) with turnstiles opening at 13:00.

WFC fans will be able to purchase tickets in advance from the Ruislip Social Club in person from Mon 2 Nov and the Supporters Club via http://www.wfcmegastore.co.uk/ will be setting-up on-line ticket sales for those who wish to purchase in advance by early next week (no tickets will be posted, details on collection arrangements at the ground will be advised at the time of purchase).

Colchester Utd fans will be able to purchase tickets from their club from early next week if they so wish and on match day from designated Turnstiles which are located behind the Social Club.

Refreshments
The RSC will be open from 11:00 where you will be able to enjoy drinks, filled rolls, snacks etc whilst watching the lunch-time football on the big screen. All bars will close at 14:30 to allow fans time to finish their drink and get into the ground in time for kick-off. A polite reminder, no alcohol is allowed in the ground, if you get caught you can expect to be removed by one of the stewards and won’Â’t get to see the game!. The Social Club will remain closed until after the game. The Main hall will be off limits from 19:00.

The @RollinKitchin facility behind the Club House will be in operation from 13:00 turning out hot grub (burgers, chicken, hot dogs and chips). In the ground the Tea Bar behind the dug-outs will be open serving hot & cold drinks and the usual selection of snacks.
Parking

It is planned that the normal arrangements for match-day parking will apply, i.e. on the grass/pitch area adjacent to the stadium. However if it has been tipping down with rain and the ground is waterlogged alternate parking arrangements in the side streets to the ground will operate. Please be aware that the Local Hillingdon traffic enforcement department will be out and about and if you happen to park your vehicle inappropriately in the one of the side streets you are likely to get a ticket. You have been warned!
HA4 Promotion

Have a great day one and all."

Excellent news on every front, 3pm Saturday kick-off, not all ticket, no segregation to reduce capacity, and an on-site social club (apparently) welcoming all.

See you all there!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Number 13 . on 21:14 - Oct 29 with 631 viewsBFG

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/13904544.McGleish_is_desperate_to_play_again
Number 13 . on 21:42 - Oct 29 with 615 viewswessex_exile

Number 13 . on 21:14 - Oct 29 by BFG

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/13904544.McGleish_is_desperate_to_play_again

I really hope he does, I'm certain the U's faithful will give him the reception he truly deserves as a favourite son of Col U.

Up the U's

Number 13 . on 23:56 - Oct 29 with 579 viewsdurham_exile

Number 13 . on 18:37 - Oct 29 by Leadbelly

Utd or City? Or perhaps you meant Mansfield!

Leadbelly the case of the missing letter.

Perhaps Mansfield at Field Mill might get Televised. However it would be good to play one of the elite Premier league teams.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Number 13 . on 11:44 - Oct 30 with 528 viewsnoah4x4

Number 13 . on 23:56 - Oct 29 by durham_exile

Leadbelly the case of the missing letter.

Perhaps Mansfield at Field Mill might get Televised. However it would be good to play one of the elite Premier league teams.

Up the U's

Having watched Leeds United on TV last night, it would be great to draw them. Then Leadbelly would be guaranteed to see at least one of his favoured teams progress.

I reckon it might even be 'Humes in' and 'Evans out' on last night's showing!
Number 13 . on 13:26 - Oct 30 with 513 viewsLeadbelly

Number 13 . on 11:44 - Oct 30 by noah4x4

Having watched Leeds United on TV last night, it would be great to draw them. Then Leadbelly would be guaranteed to see at least one of his favoured teams progress.

I reckon it might even be 'Humes in' and 'Evans out' on last night's showing!

Based on last night's shambles Leeds Utd would be very unlikely to progress. Much greater chance of a League 1 meeting next season though..

Now Cellino is banned (again) presumably someone else will have to sack Evans in November.

Cellino faces another charge in Italy for embezzlement. The sooner he ***** off from Leeds the better. I know nobody likes us but even Man U fans must think we've suffered enough by now.

"We're Leeds Utd, we've all had enough"

Number 13 . on 20:38 - Oct 30 with 481 viewswessex_exile

Number 13 . on 13:26 - Oct 30 by Leadbelly

Based on last night's shambles Leeds Utd would be very unlikely to progress. Much greater chance of a League 1 meeting next season though..

Now Cellino is banned (again) presumably someone else will have to sack Evans in November.

Cellino faces another charge in Italy for embezzlement. The sooner he ***** off from Leeds the better. I know nobody likes us but even Man U fans must think we've suffered enough by now.

"We're Leeds Utd, we've all had enough"

I do Whales, if that's any consolation, but sadly I doubt you're on Man U's radar these days. However, down at Valley Parade I suspect they're still loving every minute of the debacle.

Up the U's

Number 13 . on 22:51 - Oct 30 with 469 viewsLeadbelly

Number 13 . on 20:38 - Oct 30 by wessex_exile

I do Whales, if that's any consolation, but sadly I doubt you're on Man U's radar these days. However, down at Valley Parade I suspect they're still loving every minute of the debacle.

Thanks Wessex. Unfortunately you're probably right in respect of Man U and Bradford fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024