Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side 14:39 - Nov 13 with 3158 viewsMorden

Presumably to be covered in tomorrow’s TVOS, but anyway

I was looking at an article in the Football League Paper about the promotion-winning Wigan team of 96/97, I hadn’t realised how many of them had played for us at one point:

http://www.theleaguepaper.com/features/2808/where-are-they-now-wigan-athletic-di

Izzy Diaz, Frank Lord, Graham Lancashire, John Pender, Paul Tait

Plus Youth Development Head, Colin Greenall.

And a John Doolan, but apparently not the John Doolan

And the manager John Deehan had been immediately preceded by Graham Barrow
Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 15:39 - Nov 13 with 3088 viewsfitzochris

Colin Greenall would have played for us too, by all accounts, were it not for a last-minute change of heart by Wigan.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 15:41 - Nov 13 with 3085 viewsflyerdale

Urrrggg Paul Tait. Waste of a huge wage at the time.
Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 18:33 - Nov 13 with 2932 views442Dale

We had signed Andy Farrell and Mark Leonard from them tin the summer of '96 as well. Barrow's recruitment was, without doubt, the worst this club has ever seen.

Thing was, there were so many fans willing him to do well that year and he was without the number one choice of supporters. He got it wrong straight away.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 19:42 - Nov 13 with 2857 viewsrobshaker

what about Burys CHAMPIONSHIP winning side of the league above (div 2) same year 96/97? ... obvious one - Paul Butler.

anymore?

"this famous old club"
Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 19:45 - Nov 13 with 2852 views442Dale

Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 19:42 - Nov 13 by robshaker

what about Burys CHAMPIONSHIP winning side of the league above (div 2) same year 96/97? ... obvious one - Paul Butler.

anymore?

"this famous old club"

How does such a respected club now cope with dealing with a bottom four budget? Must be a come down from those halcyon days.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 20:14 - Nov 13 with 2827 viewsTVOS1907

anymore?

"this famous old club"

Contact the Football League Paper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale links to Wigan promotion side on 10:40 - Nov 14 with 2679 viewsYadHoDale

anymore?

"this famous old club"

Chris Lucketti?

Or going the other direction, future Dale player Mark Carter?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024