Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Warnock 14:07 - Nov 28 with 12175 viewssimmo

So dedicated to his own agenda that he refuses to pick any Ferdinand signings. Would rather play no strikers and Petrasso than JET, Luongo, Chery or others.

Have him for 6 months? I hope he doesn't last 6 days - regardless of today's result.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Neil Warnock on 00:40 - Nov 29 with 2098 viewsCHUBBS

Neil Warnock on 00:38 - Nov 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm out.

I'm watching 'Up In The Air' again. It's brilliantly funny, especially for those of us who've flown a lot and smirked at those business suits whose life goal is air miles, lounges, gold cards and perks. An off-radar film* I completely recommend.

*Christ, I wish I'd meant that pun

Good night mate.
Its been emotional
Neil Warnock on 00:44 - Nov 29 with 2084 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil Warnock on 00:40 - Nov 29 by CHUBBS

Good night mate.
Its been emotional

Only happy emotions, naturally.

Take it easy, Chubbs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Warnock on 01:22 - Nov 29 with 2029 viewstimcocking

Absolutely.

A good win, but for me that team selection was a fcuking joke. If Charlie is fit, he starts, if not, he's not on the bench.
Neil Warnock on 01:34 - Nov 29 with 2015 viewsCHUBBS

Neil Warnock on 01:22 - Nov 29 by timcocking

Absolutely.

A good win, but for me that team selection was a fcuking joke. If Charlie is fit, he starts, if not, he's not on the bench.

Listen to what NW says after the game,he was told by the medical team CA was not fit enough to play more than half an hour hence the reason he brought him on as a sub,a winning sub may i add,haven't seen that for a while.
Neil Warnock on 01:42 - Nov 29 with 2005 viewsWilloW4

Neil Warnock on 00:17 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know mate. I'm a little bit lost as to what you're on about to be honest.

I'm totally lost about what you're on about with every post you write.. You reply to nearly every thread but ....zzzzz !
Neil Warnock on 02:07 - Nov 29 with 1960 viewstimcocking

Neil Warnock on 01:34 - Nov 29 by CHUBBS

Listen to what NW says after the game,he was told by the medical team CA was not fit enough to play more than half an hour hence the reason he brought him on as a sub,a winning sub may i add,haven't seen that for a while.

Hmmm. Not fit enough to play for more than half an hour? I'm not sure I can agree with the medical staff on that though. You are either able to play, or not. No middle ground on that that I've ever come across. In fact, I'd be amazed if the medical staff had said such a thing.

Fook it, nevermind, not the time to be moaning.
Neil Warnock on 02:17 - Nov 29 with 1954 viewsPunteR

Neil Warnock on 00:28 - Nov 29 by CHUBBS

All managers/dofs are in it for themselves hence the reason they soon seek out employment elsewhere when sacked.
Ferdinand and Ramsey had their hearts in the right place but so have many others who have failed before them.
I'm not saying Ferdinand isn't the answer however i saw more than enough to know CR(i liked him and liked the idea of what he wanted)wasn't a football manager at this level so i felt a change was necessary.
Do i blame CR?no of course i don't,that accolade goes to TF who has been a mitigating disaster for our great club.
A wily old character NW is which is exactly what we needed last time we were in desperate shit in this division and he done more than any of us expected.
CR will never have the ability to do what NW does so as much as you liked him it was only going to end the way it did.
Even someone as nuts as TF could clearly see he'd made a desperate naive appointment that was doomed to failure.
You're a good fella Punt but we'll have to agree to disagree mate
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 0:33]

Lets agree to disagree mate. Good result,3 points. Well done Warnock.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Neil Warnock on 08:31 - Nov 29 with 1839 viewsdaveB

I thought for the 3rd game in a row it was a dreadful team selection and we were lucky Leeds were crap. We got better in the second half when Austin came on and the two wingers went back out wide rather than looking lost up front.
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Warnock on 09:44 - Nov 29 with 1750 viewsDufster

Neil Warnock on 00:28 - Nov 29 by CHUBBS

All managers/dofs are in it for themselves hence the reason they soon seek out employment elsewhere when sacked.
Ferdinand and Ramsey had their hearts in the right place but so have many others who have failed before them.
I'm not saying Ferdinand isn't the answer however i saw more than enough to know CR(i liked him and liked the idea of what he wanted)wasn't a football manager at this level so i felt a change was necessary.
Do i blame CR?no of course i don't,that accolade goes to TF who has been a mitigating disaster for our great club.
A wily old character NW is which is exactly what we needed last time we were in desperate shit in this division and he done more than any of us expected.
CR will never have the ability to do what NW does so as much as you liked him it was only going to end the way it did.
Even someone as nuts as TF could clearly see he'd made a desperate naive appointment that was doomed to failure.
You're a good fella Punt but we'll have to agree to disagree mate
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 0:33]

"All managers/dofs are in it for themselves hence the reason they soon seek out employment elsewhere when sacked.
Even someone as nuts as TF could clearly see he'd made a desperate naive appointment that was doomed to failure."

Great post CHUBBS...Bang on as I see it!

I Say!

Neil Warnock on 10:05 - Nov 29 with 1717 viewsjohncharles

Neil Warnock on 22:52 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Got to say, Grim, how many games have you been to? I know we've been dire in that time, but come on. It was a decent performance against a truly dreadful side, and that's it. Kudos to all - worked hard etc. But the best for 2 or 3 seasons?

but I do disagree with simmo. I don't think it was an anti-Les thing - 3 of the back 4 were Les signings for a start. JET, if not injured, should probably have started and I'd always start Luongo, but different people have different views - as me and Grim clearly do about today's display!

Yes, I want to see Luongo playing as well but as I said before, who would you have left out ? He's defensive midfield so I guess it would be Sandro. Play him further forward instead of Hoillett ? Play him on the wing instead of Petrasso ? after all this stuff about players playing their proper positions ? Not having a dig at you personally Anti, just like to know how the complainers would have lined up the team yesterday.

Strong and stable my arse.

Neil Warnock on 10:29 - Nov 29 with 1675 viewsThGrimRanger

Neil Warnock on 22:52 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Got to say, Grim, how many games have you been to? I know we've been dire in that time, but come on. It was a decent performance against a truly dreadful side, and that's it. Kudos to all - worked hard etc. But the best for 2 or 3 seasons?

but I do disagree with simmo. I don't think it was an anti-Les thing - 3 of the back 4 were Les signings for a start. JET, if not injured, should probably have started and I'd always start Luongo, but different people have different views - as me and Grim clearly do about today's display!

Antti, I'm a 2 in 3 at home and a 1 in 3 away. Maybe I've been unlucky but I thought our second half was the first time I've seen real desire from all of our players to get involved. Under Redknapp we were dreadful to watch even when we won. Second half of Ipswich away game was supposed to be good but missed that. Thought we got worse under Ramsey. I went to WBA away but yesterday's second half for me was better than both halves because of the constant wave of attacks. We normally sit back when we score but we almost naively kept going at them which i loved.

Phillips and Hoilett were immense for me playing like their lives depended on the result. That's what I love to see. Sandro had his best game for QPR and we didn't really look like conceding keeping their big following quiet throughout.

You can only play what's in front of you and they did win 3--0 in their last away game.

TheGrimRanger

Neil Warnock on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 1622 viewssimmo

Well well, just peering through my hangover to see this little debate I've caused 😅

Firstly, the OP was a knee jerk reaction to the team selection, which was and remains farcical. No strikers at home? We were undone at Boro because there was nobody to put it in the net and for all our good build up Phillips is not a forward. I don't know how Chery, Luongo, JET don't make that team but I'll swallow some humble pie as hoilett was unexpectedly excellent. The personal agenda thing was, admittedly, a little off. I don't really think he'd cut off his nose that way - but I do firmly believe that NW wants Les's job and as long as he's around there's a conflict of interest. I don't like the way he's manufactured this position for himself and my personal feelings were rooted in my post.

As for performance, 2nd half after the changes I thought we looked good, better than we looked for a while - but that is with the caveat that Leeds were absolutely woeful, the worst kind of basic agricultural football imaginable. Add into that Faurlin was back to his best and a one off performance from Hoilett, 1-0 is the least we should have took and TBH with a striker from the start I think we win that by 2 or 3. Their keeper made one excellent save, but we still didn't test him enough.

Overall though I'm pleased (obviously), a win, a clean sheet and certain players back to their best. That front 5 at the end will cause real problems for anyone in this division and with fer in the mix there's some big selection headaches in the next few weeks!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Neil Warnock on 11:04 - Nov 29 with 1619 viewsrichpr

Neil Warnock on 00:39 - Nov 29 by isawqpratwcity

Fair play to Warnock, he got it done today, but why did he have to wait until the second half? That first half team was always going to struggle to win.

The first half team was there to keep a clean sheet until the second half. He was always going to bring on Austin. What I really like about Warnock is that he plays players in their best positions - Chery as a central attacking midfielder, Hoilett more central, Sandro and Faulin perfect combination in midfield. Players also looked fit for once - can't just be a co-incidence. I'll happily go and watch the Rs playing like that every week. Now we have Austin back, we are always going to score home and away playing with Phillips/Hoilett and Faurlin. They are going to set up that way under NW - keep it tight in 1st half and nick a goal second half. If we can keep NW, Austin and Faurlin / Sandro stay fit then we have a chance of play/off spot.
Neil Warnock on 12:35 - Nov 29 with 1540 viewsWokingR

Neil Warnock on 10:59 - Nov 29 by simmo

Well well, just peering through my hangover to see this little debate I've caused 😅

Firstly, the OP was a knee jerk reaction to the team selection, which was and remains farcical. No strikers at home? We were undone at Boro because there was nobody to put it in the net and for all our good build up Phillips is not a forward. I don't know how Chery, Luongo, JET don't make that team but I'll swallow some humble pie as hoilett was unexpectedly excellent. The personal agenda thing was, admittedly, a little off. I don't really think he'd cut off his nose that way - but I do firmly believe that NW wants Les's job and as long as he's around there's a conflict of interest. I don't like the way he's manufactured this position for himself and my personal feelings were rooted in my post.

As for performance, 2nd half after the changes I thought we looked good, better than we looked for a while - but that is with the caveat that Leeds were absolutely woeful, the worst kind of basic agricultural football imaginable. Add into that Faurlin was back to his best and a one off performance from Hoilett, 1-0 is the least we should have took and TBH with a striker from the start I think we win that by 2 or 3. Their keeper made one excellent save, but we still didn't test him enough.

Overall though I'm pleased (obviously), a win, a clean sheet and certain players back to their best. That front 5 at the end will cause real problems for anyone in this division and with fer in the mix there's some big selection headaches in the next few weeks!

Well done Simmo
It takes a big man to come back on here having stirred the pot and face his critics
I didn't agree with your initial post but can certainly see where you were coming from
Neil Warnock on 12:53 - Nov 29 with 1502 viewsbrad

emm..........did we not beat leeds?best perfomance for a while?so now leeds are a poor team?cos we beat them,fulham are even worse and they beat us 4-0!i dont care what team NW picks as long as we win,we need NW at the moment or we could go down,let him stay till the end of the season,then go for a new manager.............ENJOY THE WIN!!
Neil Warnock on 12:57 - Nov 29 with 1495 viewsisawqpratwcity

Neil Warnock on 11:04 - Nov 29 by richpr

The first half team was there to keep a clean sheet until the second half. He was always going to bring on Austin. What I really like about Warnock is that he plays players in their best positions - Chery as a central attacking midfielder, Hoilett more central, Sandro and Faulin perfect combination in midfield. Players also looked fit for once - can't just be a co-incidence. I'll happily go and watch the Rs playing like that every week. Now we have Austin back, we are always going to score home and away playing with Phillips/Hoilett and Faurlin. They are going to set up that way under NW - keep it tight in 1st half and nick a goal second half. If we can keep NW, Austin and Faurlin / Sandro stay fit then we have a chance of play/off spot.

We were lucky that Leeds were so ordinary yesterday. I don't see the point in starting defensively at home against a team that isn't clearly much better than us.

If Austin only had 45 minutes in him I would have thought it would be better to play him in the first half, get ahead of Leeds and let them deal with the psych problem of playing from behind. Only Philips up front while Austin and Chery watch from the bench? Best foot forward, please, Neil (and also let us know what you are doing about the situation with Polter and JET).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Neil Warnock on 15:32 - Nov 29 with 1400 viewsbaz_qpr

We've only beaten crap teams Wolves apart the rest have been bottom 6. I thought MK Dons were by far the worse team to play against us. Leeds played ugly industrial football, but so did Rotherham with a weaker team and we were in all sorts of trouble against that
Neil Warnock on 15:52 - Nov 29 with 1353 viewsTacticalR

Neil Warnock on 15:32 - Nov 29 by baz_qpr

We've only beaten crap teams Wolves apart the rest have been bottom 6. I thought MK Dons were by far the worse team to play against us. Leeds played ugly industrial football, but so did Rotherham with a weaker team and we were in all sorts of trouble against that

Looked pre-industrial to me. Even the Leeds fans got fed up when yet another long ball sailed over the whole team. Luckily the big lump they had up front was a useless big lump.

Air hostess clique

Neil Warnock on 16:11 - Nov 29 with 1324 viewsterryb

Neil Warnock on 10:59 - Nov 29 by simmo

Well done simmo.

The one player you didn't mention being selected though was Hall. Wasn't he a Ramsey signing although he then didn't select him as often as he should have?

Like you, I have been bemused by how Luongo & Chery have not been in the side, but I can't extrend that to include JET.

His selection for Thursday will be interesting with Austin, Chery & Fer feeling that they should be included from the start. Personally, I would leave out Phillips, but I don't expect that to happen!
Neil Warnock on 16:48 - Nov 29 with 1262 viewsrichpr

Neil Warnock on 12:57 - Nov 29 by isawqpratwcity

We were lucky that Leeds were so ordinary yesterday. I don't see the point in starting defensively at home against a team that isn't clearly much better than us.

If Austin only had 45 minutes in him I would have thought it would be better to play him in the first half, get ahead of Leeds and let them deal with the psych problem of playing from behind. Only Philips up front while Austin and Chery watch from the bench? Best foot forward, please, Neil (and also let us know what you are doing about the situation with Polter and JET).

Leeds were a pretty standard mid-table championship side - no flair, big and strong who play it long. Yesterday was the first game for a while where we were comfortably better than the opposition. Like you, I'd definitely prefer to see Chery starting but I think their aim will be to keep a clean sheet for 60 minutes in every game and then let loose in the last 1/2 hour. Once all the player's confidence is restored which I think is starting to happen then we can start playing more entertaining football. Hopefully, aimlessly hoofing it up from defence to attack, playing players in the wrong position and Henry being the first name on the team sheet are all things of the past at LR.
Neil Warnock on 17:15 - Nov 29 with 1211 viewsThGrimRanger

we played 10 league games this season prior to Warnock rejoining and shipped 20 goals.

we've played 8 league games since he rejoined and shipped 5 goals

TheGrimRanger

Neil Warnock on 17:22 - Nov 29 with 1196 viewsJonDoeman

Neil Warnock on 17:15 - Nov 29 by ThGrimRanger

we played 10 league games this season prior to Warnock rejoining and shipped 20 goals.

we've played 8 league games since he rejoined and shipped 5 goals

There it is.

It Is What It Is !!

Neil Warnock on 17:31 - Nov 29 with 1173 viewsfrancisbowles

Neil Warnock on 02:07 - Nov 29 by timcocking

Hmmm. Not fit enough to play for more than half an hour? I'm not sure I can agree with the medical staff on that though. You are either able to play, or not. No middle ground on that that I've ever come across. In fact, I'd be amazed if the medical staff had said such a thing.

Fook it, nevermind, not the time to be moaning.

If a sports scientist can reason by body test and sample data, when and how hard a player should train, then surely they can give a recommendation on how long a player should be played for.
Neil Warnock on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 1139 viewsisawqpratwcity

Neil Warnock on 16:48 - Nov 29 by richpr

Leeds were a pretty standard mid-table championship side - no flair, big and strong who play it long. Yesterday was the first game for a while where we were comfortably better than the opposition. Like you, I'd definitely prefer to see Chery starting but I think their aim will be to keep a clean sheet for 60 minutes in every game and then let loose in the last 1/2 hour. Once all the player's confidence is restored which I think is starting to happen then we can start playing more entertaining football. Hopefully, aimlessly hoofing it up from defence to attack, playing players in the wrong position and Henry being the first name on the team sheet are all things of the past at LR.

Prior to yesterday, Leeds away record was 3-4-1, a bit different to the Leeds you saw.

You can't be serious about that 'game plan'? What are we supposed to do when we get the ball, give it back so we can carry on defending?

Barring injuries, I don't want us to take the field without a specialist striker. If Austin and Chery are absent or on the bench, then Polter or JET should be starting.

It sounds like a few players did well yesterday. That's great, but unlike you, I don't see a marked shift between 'Ramsey' and 'post-Ramsey', including in some of the indicators you mentioned. That's ok, there's a lot of season still to go and quite likely there'll be a new manager very soon. I'm still optimistic.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Neil Warnock on 17:46 - Nov 29 with 1126 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Neil Warnock on 08:31 - Nov 29 by daveB

I thought for the 3rd game in a row it was a dreadful team selection and we were lucky Leeds were crap. We got better in the second half when Austin came on and the two wingers went back out wide rather than looking lost up front.

I can hardly see how we were lucky. We were easily the better team. I would say the same for last Friday as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024