Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First two Leicester Goals 11:28 - Dec 6 with 4145 viewsjack_the_lad

First I know swans were rubbish yesterday, but first goal was handball second goal clear offside. I know we're not good but these decisions were wrong goals change games.
First two Leicester Goals on 11:33 - Dec 6 with 3027 viewsPegojack

The old saying is true, when you're at the bottom, nothing goes your way.

The second goal was definitely offside. I was sitting directly in line with the goalscorer at the moment the ball was passed and saw it for myself in real time. It was proved later on MOTD.

As for the first goal, WTF don't we have players on the post at corners?
Leighton James made the point again on the BBC Wales phone in, and he was spot on.
First two Leicester Goals on 11:38 - Dec 6 with 2999 viewsDan_Swan

First two Leicester Goals on 11:33 - Dec 6 by Pegojack

The second goal was definitely offside. I was sitting directly in line with the goalscorer at the moment the ball was passed and saw it for myself in real time. It was proved later on MOTD.

Leighton James made the point again on the BBC Wales phone in, and he was spot on.

This, we've been saying it for a long time. From memory Leon has done this in the past, not the tallest granted but still a body there who could have prevented the first goal.

Still following Dr's orders!

First two Leicester Goals on 11:38 - Dec 6 with 2995 viewsDarran

The first goal has to go down to Monk for picking that f*cking cart horse in the first place.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

First two Leicester Goals on 11:41 - Dec 6 with 2971 viewsNeath_Jack

First two Leicester Goals on 11:38 - Dec 6 by Darran

The first goal has to go down to Monk for picking that f*cking cart horse in the first place.

Nothing to do with Ki who was marking him when the corner came in?

How far do we take play back to get to the root cause?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

First two Leicester Goals on 11:44 - Dec 6 with 2947 viewsDarran

First two Leicester Goals on 11:41 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

Only back to the root cause.
Come on J he's f*cking gash.

First two Leicester Goals on 11:46 - Dec 6 with 2931 viewsNeath_Jack

First two Leicester Goals on 11:44 - Dec 6 by Darran

Only back to the root cause.
Come on J he's f*cking gash.

He's been better than Ash since he's come into a very poor performing side.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

First two Leicester Goals on 11:49 - Dec 6 with 2909 viewsDarran

First two Leicester Goals on 11:46 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

He's been better than Ash since he's come into a very poor performing side.

Yeah ok crack on.

First two Leicester Goals on 11:54 - Dec 6 with 2880 viewsjack247

First two Leicester Goals on 11:41 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

Inexplicably dribbling out for a corner when under no pressure seems a pretty logical place to start.

Corner certainly should have been defended properly, but there's your root cause.
Login to get fewer ads

First two Leicester Goals on 12:09 - Dec 6 with 2847 viewsNeath_Jack

First two Leicester Goals on 11:54 - Dec 6 by jack247

Inexplicably dribbling out for a corner when under no pressure seems a pretty logical place to start.

Corner certainly should have been defended properly, but there's your root cause.

Forgive me if i imagined what happened but i saw it totally different from you. What i saw was Bartley attempting to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick but lost his nerve when a Leicester player started bearing down on him with the ball travelling very slowly to the by-line.

Anyone got footage of it?

First two Leicester Goals on 12:10 - Dec 6 with 2842 viewsjack_the_lad

Agree giving the corner away was poor, but if the opposition are allowed to score with a basketball shot it's gonna be difficult to stop.
First two Leicester Goals on 12:11 - Dec 6 with 2836 viewsDr_Winston

First two Leicester Goals on 12:09 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

Forgive me if i imagined what happened but i saw it totally different from you. What i saw was Bartley attempting to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick but lost his nerve when a Leicester player started bearing down on him with the ball travelling very slowly to the by-line.

Looked like it held up on the turf quicker than he expected.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

First two Leicester Goals on 12:14 - Dec 6 with 2820 viewsDarran

He had plenty of time to put it out for a throw it's just that he can't play football very well.

First two Leicester Goals on 12:17 - Dec 6 with 2810 viewsNeath_Jack

First two Leicester Goals on 12:14 - Dec 6 by Darran

He had plenty of time to put it out for a throw it's just that he can't play football very well.

He attempted to, but sliced it.

I'm sure captain fantastic would have done better though.

First two Leicester Goals on 12:20 - Dec 6 with 2783 viewsDarran

First two Leicester Goals on 12:17 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

Yeah I think he would have.

First two Leicester Goals on 12:24 - Dec 6 with 2758 viewslibertyx

Exactly what I saw. Bartley tried to shield the ball out but totally panicked when Vardy came near him. Bartley should have been stronger and continued what he was doing and seen the ball out.
First two Leicester Goals on 12:29 - Dec 6 with 2734 viewsskippyjack

Is Neath Jack serious?

He cost us the first goal against Bournemouth for being rash and stupid. inexperienced.
He almost scored an own goal from a simple interception. inexperienced
He cost us the first goal against Leicester.. for hesitating to put his boot through it. inexperienced

He has also been out of position for every goal we have conceded. inexperienced
He has also been rash, by giving away needless freekicks. inexperienced

he has been absolutely woeful and out of his depth for 3 games.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

First two Leicester Goals on 12:29 - Dec 6 with 2731 viewsPegojack

First two Leicester Goals on 12:24 - Dec 6 by libertyx

Exactly what I saw. Bartley tried to shield the ball out but totally panicked when Vardy came near him. Bartley should have been stronger and continued what he was doing and seen the ball out.

Or played percentage football and put it into Row Z for a throw in, as I said in another thread. He did neither, because he panicked and got caught between two alternatives.

Not good enough for the Premier League, would suit a League One or lower Championship side (which is what we might be soon)..
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 12:37]
First two Leicester Goals on 12:40 - Dec 6 with 2678 viewsNookiejack

Totally agree - you make your own luck. We had to be denfensivley so tight yesterday - couldn't afford to be open against Leicester with their lightening counter attack.

In my view should have played like Norwich did when we played them at home.

Poor defensive goals and lack of goals upfront (only Ayew looks like he has the composure to score a goal when we get into a goal scoring position) is a recipe for relegation.

Tighten up defence straight away (which would be first thing Pulis and Allardyce would do) then see what happens.
First two Leicester Goals on 12:41 - Dec 6 with 2670 viewsNookiejack

First two Leicester Goals on 12:40 - Dec 6 by Nookiejack

Totally agree - you make your own luck. We had to be denfensivley so tight yesterday - couldn't afford to be open against Leicester with their lightening counter attack.

In my view should have played like Norwich did when we played them at home.

Poor defensive goals and lack of goals upfront (only Ayew looks like he has the composure to score a goal when we get into a goal scoring position) is a recipe for relegation.

Tighten up defence straight away (which would be first thing Pulis and Allardyce would do) then see what happens.

.....when we played Nirwich away
First two Leicester Goals on 12:42 - Dec 6 with 2669 viewsjack247

First two Leicester Goals on 12:17 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

Of course he would have. You or I would have.

If you are as physically imposing as Bartley and can't shepherd a ball out, even without the football sense to judge its pace, you have issues. Once that isn't going to happen, there is no excuse for not being able to find touch from the position he was in.
First two Leicester Goals on 12:50 - Dec 6 with 2643 viewsDarran

First two Leicester Goals on 12:29 - Dec 6 by Pegojack

Or played percentage football and put it into Row Z for a throw in, as I said in another thread. He did neither, because he panicked and got caught between two alternatives.

Not good enough for the Premier League, would suit a League One or lower Championship side (which is what we might be soon)..
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 12:37]

Spot on.

First two Leicester Goals on 13:23 - Dec 6 with 2578 viewsLeonisGod

First two Leicester Goals on 11:33 - Dec 6 by Pegojack

That's two goals in 3 home games which we wouldn't have conceded if we had a man on the near post. Rather ironic considering Garry blocked one on the line in the PO final.

Things like that cost us dear atm. Although there's no way Leicester should have got that corner yesterday.
First two Leicester Goals on 13:53 - Dec 6 with 2508 viewsNeath_Jack

First two Leicester Goals on 12:42 - Dec 6 by jack247

Of course he would have. You or I would have.

If you are as physically imposing as Bartley and can't shepherd a ball out, even without the football sense to judge its pace, you have issues. Once that isn't going to happen, there is no excuse for not being able to find touch from the position he was in.

Aye, because captain fantastic never makes mistakes does he. Mr dependable, Mr Always Get's It Right.

Nah, lets all blame Bartley for a goal because he's an easy target. Let's not question Ki's schoolboy defending for the subsequent corner, you know, a complete different passage of play which allowed captain fantastic to arrange the players to defend it. Nah, let's go for Bartley instead.

First two Leicester Goals on 13:56 - Dec 6 with 2489 viewsploppy

Agreed Bartley could have done better but our defending at corners is shocking. Ki and Sigurdsson are more interested in wrestling with players (and Ki doesn't do it very well), Ash can't jump (it's taken me a while to realise this, coz I'm a big fan of his) and Bartley ... well, nuff said. We don't have one defender who attacks the ball. Bony was our best defender at corners - we miss him as much for that as for his goals.
First two Leicester Goals on 14:09 - Dec 6 with 2458 viewsjack247

First two Leicester Goals on 13:53 - Dec 6 by Neath_Jack

Aye, because captain fantastic never makes mistakes does he. Mr dependable, Mr Always Get's It Right.

Nah, lets all blame Bartley for a goal because he's an easy target. Let's not question Ki's schoolboy defending for the subsequent corner, you know, a complete different passage of play which allowed captain fantastic to arrange the players to defend it. Nah, let's go for Bartley instead.

Not because he is an easy target, because of his shambolic attempt to clear the ball. If Williams or Ki had done that, they would have been the root cause of the goal. Nothing difficult to follow there surely?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024