Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 13:40 - Dec 9 with 20613 viewsLohengrin

1955:
"The lasting bequest we give to our children is roots."
Goethe

2015:
"The Turcoman hath left his herd."
Lord Byron

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:52 - Dec 10 with 1797 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:41 - Dec 10 by Gowerjack

Loh

Do you really belive that the great unwashed masses are more than dimly aware of the religious aspect of our two annual spending sprees?

Come on man talk sense!

I think you do people a bit of a disservice there, mate. You don't have to have a theologians grasp of the events to realise their importance to the society we're born into.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:54 - Dec 10 with 1778 viewstrampie

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:49 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

All products of European Christian civilization, Tramp.

Some European races are regarded by some as being civilised, therefore if you subscribe to that wouldn't it bring the Welsh down a notch from the top of the tree ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 18:14]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 18:26 - Dec 10 with 1765 viewsperchrockjack

Loved Mel brooks.

Comedy and genius

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:01 - Dec 10 with 1740 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:10 - Dec 10 by trampie

You can't teach anybody other than a small percentage of people to be Liberal Democrats because people wont fall for it.
Look here kids you can go onto university but it will cost you nine grand a year. lol.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 15:13]

Hey Tramp
Has Plaid delivered on their promise of 50,000 new jobs through contracts with Welsh companies and an increase in the minimum wage to a living wage for more than 250,000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:04 - Dec 10 with 1739 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:54 - Dec 10 by trampie

Celebrating Christmas customs is endorsing Christmas and a Christian festival, you cant have it both ways.

You really are quite stupid.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:05 - Dec 10 with 1722 viewstrampie

Celebrating Christmas is endorsing Christmas.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:08 - Dec 10 with 1716 viewstrampie

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:01 - Dec 10 by Kerouac

Hey Tramp
Has Plaid delivered on their promise of 50,000 new jobs through contracts with Welsh companies and an increase in the minimum wage to a living wage for more than 250,000?

Plaid aren't in power, if they were in power then most in the country would be better off.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:18 - Dec 10 with 1725 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:25 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

"I would argue that the vast majority of assemblies should be devoted to The Institutions of state...."

Buddy boy that could have leapt straight from the pages of Pravda circa 1931. I'll say it again without tongue-in-cheek this time that's not who we are.

This is still a Christian country, Europe is still a Christian civilization; albeit with a smaller "c" and less observant than in decades past, but Christian nonetheless.

You'd rather our children spent time praying to the cop out in the sky?
Or singing bullshit songs which praise said cop out in the sky and refer to stuff that happened thousands of years ago in another time, another culture, another country?
Would rather they listened to stories from the Bible?

So to educate my children about the country they live in, how it works, why it works that way, what they can do to influence the government of this country, why we pay taxes, what they pay for....makes me a Commie?

We don't have to be what came before, going round and round on a loop.
We can CHOOSE who we want to be, who we are.

Forgive me but I question your assertion that we are a Christian country.
To be Christian is to follow Christ and his teachings.
Is that the country we live in today or do we pick and choose?
Was Wales or the United Kingdom ever that country or did we always pick and choose what we wished to be influenced by?

Login to get fewer ads

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:28 - Dec 10 with 1713 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:08 - Dec 10 by trampie

Plaid aren't in power, if they were in power then most in the country would be better off.

Yes Tramp, walked right into it didn't you pal.

2010 General Election result

Conservative
307 seats (+97)

Labour
258 seats (-91)

Liberal Democrat
57 seats (-5)

You see we didn't win the election in 2010, therefore we were not in power.....we had a small share. A coalition Tramp.
A Plaid supporter should know all about how coalitions work, unless you are a complete ignoramus.

.....and that compromise on student fees we had to make as a JUNIOR partner in a coalition government. How did that work out Tramp?
Less Students in attendance?
Less Students from poor backgrounds?
Are they financially worse off compared to previous generations of students?
Do you have any answers at all Tramp or just more glib dross?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:32 - Dec 10 with 1695 viewstrampie

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:18 - Dec 10 by Kerouac

Or singing bullshit songs which praise said cop out in the sky and refer to stuff that happened thousands of years ago in another time, another culture, another country?

So to educate my children about the country they live in, how it works, why it works that way, what they can do to influence the government of this country, why we pay taxes, what they pay for....makes me a Commie?

Was Wales or the United Kingdom ever that country or did we always pick and choose what we wished to be influenced by?

History is taught by the ruling powers, if you taught true history in the Celtic lands you risk radicalising some of the population, that is why state taught history only skirts over and cherry picks Welsh history.

We used to worship the likes of the sky father and earth mother amongst many gods and goddesses, the Romans indulged us and incorporated some of theirs gods with some of ours the Germanic tribes learnt from that and tried to say we are all one now, calling themselves British when we were the Britons and even saying King Arthur was a Britsh hero when he was a Briton fighting against the vile Saxons, one has to laugh.

Its all smoke and mirrors Kerouac, a simpleton like you is better off not thinking to deeply about it, if the Brit Nat culture collapses then something else, even less tolerant than Brit Nat culture could well take over.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:32 - Dec 10 with 1710 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:18 - Dec 10 by Kerouac

Are you a Communist? You are clearly some species of red, I'm just having a little difficulty pin-pointing which variety.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:37 - Dec 10 with 1699 viewsdailew

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:25 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

"I would argue that the vast majority of assemblies should be devoted to The Institutions of state...."

Buddy boy that could have leapt straight from the pages of Pravda circa 1931. I'll say it again without tongue-in-cheek this time that's not who we are.

This is still a Christian country, Europe is still a Christian civilization; albeit with a smaller "c" and less observant than in decades past, but Christian nonetheless.

I wouldn't call the UK a christian country.

More a post-christian or recovering ex-christian country.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:38 - Dec 10 with 1697 viewsexiledclaseboy

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:37 - Dec 10 by dailew

I wouldn't call the UK a christian country.

More a post-christian or recovering ex-christian country.

"Recovering ex-Christian".

Nice turn of phrase that.

Poll: Tory leader

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:39 - Dec 10 with 1679 viewstrampie

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:28 - Dec 10 by Kerouac

Yes Tramp, walked right into it didn't you pal.

2010 General Election result

Conservative
307 seats (+97)

Labour
258 seats (-91)

Liberal Democrat
57 seats (-5)

You see we didn't win the election in 2010, therefore we were not in power.....we had a small share. A coalition Tramp.
A Plaid supporter should know all about how coalitions work, unless you are a complete ignoramus.

.....and that compromise on student fees we had to make as a JUNIOR partner in a coalition government. How did that work out Tramp?
Less Students in attendance?
Less Students from poor backgrounds?
Are they financially worse off compared to previous generations of students?
Do you have any answers at all Tramp or just more glib dross?

The Lib-Dems were in power in coalition with the Tories, students are worse off that is why the Lib-Dem vote collapsed in the last general election because they lost lots of their student vote.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 10:17 - Dec 11 with 1633 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:39 - Dec 10 by trampie

The Lib-Dems were in power in coalition with the Tories, students are worse off that is why the Lib-Dem vote collapsed in the last general election because they lost lots of their student vote.

The fact that we lost the student vote last time out proves one thing and one thing only....even the more intelligent among us are comically naive until we grow up and get a job, partner, kids, mortgage etc.

By your logic if you get the chance to be in a coalition with Labour in the Welsh Assembly next year, if you don't fulfill all of your election pledges you will be selling out your voters and can expect to lose a large share of your vote next time right?
Based on what you've got to say on the Lib Dems you would urge people not to vote Plaid again if you don't deliver on one of your pledges yes?

As the junior party simply cannot deliver all of their election pledges, or even half of them, as that would be undemocratic...the junior party will only ever be able to deliver a few items off their wishlist and seek to gain compromises everywhere else possible.

Therefore you, and people like you, are ruling out the very idea of coalition government in the future.....which is pretty fukking strange as you support a small party who has already formed a coalition as the junior party in the assembly and whose likely rise to power will HAVE to include forming a coalition government as the lead partner (see SNP) as the first first step.

Not being able to handle compromise is a sure sign of immaturity. Politics in a democracy IS compromise.
The Lib Dems took their chance to deliver some policy, be a thorn in the side to the Tories and deliver the opportunity of change to the electorate (AV)....a change that would have helped parties like yours (and their supporters) have a bigger voice and was the first step down the road to PR.

Unfortunately the electorate, and even some of those who do politics for a living, were too fukking stupid to see it.
Now you're stuck with a Tory government for the next 10 years.
Enjoy.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 10:20 - Dec 11 with 1630 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 19:32 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

Are you a Communist? You are clearly some species of red, I'm just having a little difficulty pin-pointing which variety.

You didn't address any of my questions.

Do we as a nation follow the teachings of Jesus Christ?
Have we ever?

....and some new ones;
Do you follow Jesus Christ Lohengrin?
and
Why is a decent society to be proud of, with religion marginalised and stripped of it's relevance, not possible?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 1626 viewsperchrockjack

jc

Surely its a generic term and not one that is adhered to literally.

I do believe northern Ireland has more practising Christians" . Doesn't seem to stop bigotry does it?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 10:51 - Dec 11 with 1614 viewsKerouac

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 10:29 - Dec 11 by perchrockjack

jc

Surely its a generic term and not one that is adhered to literally.

I do believe northern Ireland has more practising Christians" . Doesn't seem to stop bigotry does it?

Exactly Perch.

The part of the UK which has most citizens who are practicing Christians have a government which enacts policy that the rest of us (on the whole) find bigoted...behind the times....distasteful.
This policy is directly informed by the Bible.

So is the UK a Christian country or (how Dailew put it so well) a post-recovery Christian country?

(.....in reality we have long picked and chosen the elements of Christianity which we find most suitable.)

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 11:17 - Dec 11 with 1591 viewstrampie

The Lib-Dems broke their pledge on tuition fees, it was a dishonourable thing to do and students no longer trusted them along with large sways of the rest of the electorate.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 12:34 - Dec 11 with 1573 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 10:20 - Dec 11 by Kerouac

You didn't address any of my questions.

Do we as a nation follow the teachings of Jesus Christ?
Have we ever?

....and some new ones;
Do you follow Jesus Christ Lohengrin?
and
Why is a decent society to be proud of, with religion marginalised and stripped of it's relevance, not possible?

* As a political enitity or as people? As individuals I do believe that our concepts of right and wrong are indurated by Biblical injuction and when we transgress we are aware of the act and inwardly shamed by it.

* Yes, with varying degress of success.

* I do my best but am only too aware of my own shortcomings. I was a Sunday School attendee as a child, then a Boys' Brigader all of which I have fond memories of. Both my girls are Christened.

* I don't think it's possible because man isn't just governed by material impulse he has a spiritual side. When attempts have historically been made along the lines you prescribe they have invariably spiralled into hateful dystopia.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 13:37 - Dec 11 with 1550 viewsperchrockjack

Loch.same background as me but I hated it all. Taught me nothing but bigotry and by the biggest hypocrites possible.

I've known missionaries ,essentially good people going into Africa to save the savage from the devil and the witch doctor, utterly destroying in the process, their native culture.

It's for nobody to proselytise to others in a far off continent.

We have so much to be ashamed about I could write a thesis on the subject.

I leaned to sing in tune however and learned to speak in public with confidence.

I also had to speak Welsh in my nan s chapel. How bad was that

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 14:43 - Dec 11 with 1528 viewsNookiejack

Why is Jesus Christ allowed to forgive the sins of someone that has committed a wrong?

Morally wouldn't you think it is for the person that has been wronged to forgive - if they so wish?
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:40 - Dec 11 with 1496 viewsdailew

"Sir Michael revealed that Ofsted had investigated 28 claims since September that unregistered schools had been set up and that, in 15 cases educating more than 800 pupils, they had discovered an illegally set up school.

In one case, which Sir Michael describes as “deeply troubling”, inspectors visited a Muslim school, Bordesley Independent School in Birmingham five times reporting serious concerns for the welfare of the children being educated.

Ofsted said that the schools were run by a mixture of proprietors. Whilst, in the Bordesley case, it had been a Muslim school, other cases involved Jewish schools and some with no religious background at all."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/hundreds-of-children-

"While most of the places visited by Ofsted so far have been in Muslim communities, inspectors may also turn their attention to similar unregistered tuition centres operated by other groups."

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35070984

[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 16:56]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 20:52 - Dec 11 with 1442 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

I simply cannot fathom why people„ especially a load of bar room Trots with their head up their collectivised Bolshevik arse, get so hot under the collar about the fact that mass immigration has poisoned our once great Nation state.

And to what benefit and to whom exactly?

Nations are like family recipes, passed down from generation to generation to create an authentic and viable sustenance for those that follow, the perverse and dangerous doctrine of multiculturalism and mass immigration is the equivalent of throwing a mug of salt into the pot.

Insanity....
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 20:57]
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 22:04 - Dec 11 with 1409 viewsNookiejack

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 20:52 - Dec 11 by GehbeHindert_Bosman

I simply cannot fathom why people„ especially a load of bar room Trots with their head up their collectivised Bolshevik arse, get so hot under the collar about the fact that mass immigration has poisoned our once great Nation state.

And to what benefit and to whom exactly?

Nations are like family recipes, passed down from generation to generation to create an authentic and viable sustenance for those that follow, the perverse and dangerous doctrine of multiculturalism and mass immigration is the equivalent of throwing a mug of salt into the pot.

Insanity....
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 20:57]

...as per above Nation states have only been with us since Treaty of Westphalia - which is not that long ago.

http://internationalrelations.org/peace-of-westphaliatreaty-of-westphalia/

Also no one lived in the UK at time of last Ice Age circa 10,000 years ago - so we have all come from somewhere else - some earlier some later.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024