Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? 19:02 - Jan 14 with 4149 viewsjackeinstein

Apart from our board of directors what do we lose from relegation.
We play in a more competitive league with players trying to achieve perfection rather than the over inflated egos that exist in the premier league, extra games more value for your money, the excitement of the play offs and promotion rather than the depressing thoughts of relegation.
The thrill of pulling a big team in the cups, the sense of acheivment when we develop our own players and sell them for good money.
F*ck the gravy train bring on the real football
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:23 - Jan 14 with 3341 viewsImAlrightJack

That's what I've been thinking for ages, if we go down, no worries about relegation, unless you're a really badly run club, like Bolton and Blackpool for example. In the 2013-14 season, we were only one of two clubs in profit, and the only profitable one to stay up (the other was Norwich, who went straight back up at the first time of asking).

Also, no more moaning about being last on MOTD, no more snobs telling us to get out of their league, and go to the Welsh Prem and no more unfair and uneven financial battles with big clubs; we've been living off TV revenue for too long and for a club of our size, it don't work in the long run, like we are currently learning.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:26 - Jan 14 with 3319 viewsjojaca

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:23 - Jan 14 by ImAlrightJack

That's what I've been thinking for ages, if we go down, no worries about relegation, unless you're a really badly run club, like Bolton and Blackpool for example. In the 2013-14 season, we were only one of two clubs in profit, and the only profitable one to stay up (the other was Norwich, who went straight back up at the first time of asking).

Also, no more moaning about being last on MOTD, no more snobs telling us to get out of their league, and go to the Welsh Prem and no more unfair and uneven financial battles with big clubs; we've been living off TV revenue for too long and for a club of our size, it don't work in the long run, like we are currently learning.

Biggest plus for is playing football manager, I used to love us in league Two and trying to manage us to where we are today.

Even when you know, you never know?

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:28 - Jan 14 with 3308 viewsImAlrightJack

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:26 - Jan 14 by jojaca

Biggest plus for is playing football manager, I used to love us in league Two and trying to manage us to where we are today.

Always a good challenge that, need to dust that game off and start playing it again.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:32 - Jan 14 with 3284 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can you please explain to the rest of us exactly how you are going to pay off the current £65M debt the club has with the paltry money coming in from Championship football and Ticket sales of 8000-12000 per game.
Forget attracting good youngsters to Swansea, we will also have an extra training facility we can't afford to keep.
The downside doesn't look very good from where I am sitting.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:32 - Jan 14 with 3283 viewsMatlock_Jack

It would be a disaster in terms of finance and the fact that our better players will (in all probability) leave. Caulker left Cardiff quick enough didn't he?

With regard to rebuilding, in my view we would be competing in the league below for between 3-5 seasons, before we returned: minimum.

If it happens, we have no choice, but attendances may well decline as a consequence: just how it is (or feasibly can be) when you wave goodbye to the Premier League.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 19:35]
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:37 - Jan 14 with 3254 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow, just wow. It would be a disaster for the whole city as we would lose our main marketing tool for the whole area of S W Wales. The other is the University but the effect there is small compared to pulling power of the Premier League. We get next to nothing from WAG and this would no doubt hasten our decline into a bigger backwater than we already are once we have lost the worldwide platform this league brings.
On top of that there is heartache for the supporters and individual directors lose millions as their share values go out the window with their asses on fire.
I honestly think the only bigger long term kick in the whatsits for this area would have been the blitz! Albeit that was considerably worse.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:47 - Jan 14 with 3204 viewsjackeinstein

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:32 - Jan 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you please explain to the rest of us exactly how you are going to pay off the current £65M debt the club has with the paltry money coming in from Championship football and Ticket sales of 8000-12000 per game.
Forget attracting good youngsters to Swansea, we will also have an extra training facility we can't afford to keep.
The downside doesn't look very good from where I am sitting.

Not sure where the £65 million debt comes from does this take into account the current assets i.e. the players, If I'm right we existed in the championship before we would exist again.

As far as the training facilities go Landore is excellent Fairwood is unfinished and not fit for purpose, the club should of developed a combined facility like Brighton fc(of the Championship) rather than trying to cut corners as seems the way with us.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:52 - Jan 14 with 3185 viewsOldjack

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:37 - Jan 14 by Private_Partz

Wow, just wow. It would be a disaster for the whole city as we would lose our main marketing tool for the whole area of S W Wales. The other is the University but the effect there is small compared to pulling power of the Premier League. We get next to nothing from WAG and this would no doubt hasten our decline into a bigger backwater than we already are once we have lost the worldwide platform this league brings.
On top of that there is heartache for the supporters and individual directors lose millions as their share values go out the window with their asses on fire.
I honestly think the only bigger long term kick in the whatsits for this area would have been the blitz! Albeit that was considerably worse.

no more world recognition
no more watching some of the best in the world strut their stuff
no more pitting our wits against some of the best teams in the land
No more MOTD appearances
Ask any fan in the championship and below where they want to see their club play
Yes it would be gutting

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:01 - Jan 14 with 3161 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:47 - Jan 14 by jackeinstein

Not sure where the £65 million debt comes from does this take into account the current assets i.e. the players, If I'm right we existed in the championship before we would exist again.

As far as the training facilities go Landore is excellent Fairwood is unfinished and not fit for purpose, the club should of developed a combined facility like Brighton fc(of the Championship) rather than trying to cut corners as seems the way with us.

See
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/161512/page:5#.Vpf9kVK2D
page 5 16:46 by jackonicko
"Total creditors now exceed £65m, of which £30m is merely categorised as “other creditors” which is not particularly helpful. "
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:04 - Jan 14 with 3148 viewsjackeinstein

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:52 - Jan 14 by Oldjack

No more MOTD appearances
Ask any fan in the championship and below where they want to see their club play
Yes it would be gutting

The chase is better than the catch as they say.

Although the thought of Channel 5 Football League show fills me with dread
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:12 - Jan 14 with 3124 viewsOldjack

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:04 - Jan 14 by jackeinstein

The chase is better than the catch as they say.

Although the thought of Channel 5 Football League show fills me with dread

Aye there is that ,there are clubs in there far far bigger than ours who've been chasing for years and years dreaming they'll get there one day .

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:21 - Jan 14 with 3087 viewsUplandsJack

OP- seriously lm sorry but you must be nuts if you truely believe what you have written there....
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:26 - Jan 14 with 3070 viewsCopaMundial

Let's put it this way,if we'd given it our best shot and it wasn't enough then I could live with it,but getting relegated from the poorest quality Premiership for a decade without putting up so much as a fight would be devastating
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:30 - Jan 14 with 3055 viewsjackeinstein

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:01 - Jan 14 by A_Fans_Dad

See
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/161512/page:5#.Vpf9kVK2D
page 5 16:46 by jackonicko
"Total creditors now exceed £65m, of which £30m is merely categorised as “other creditors” which is not particularly helpful. "

As I said earlier I'm not sure how the amortisation of players work and if the cost is spread over the period of their contract or not.
Im not convinced that championship football would be so bad and if we struggle that much financially then there is only the board to blame.
Another year even with the nice increase in tv money doesn't cure all evils just gives the fat cats more cream.
If we can't budget now we won't budget next year.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:34 - Jan 14 with 3035 viewsunion_jack

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:21 - Jan 14 by UplandsJack

OP- seriously lm sorry but you must be nuts if you truely believe what you have written there....

It's called softening the blow.

Next year, he could be saying would life in L1 be that bad.

I fear if we go down that we could drop down even further. Maybe down to the fact that I remember very clearly the 80s demise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:44 - Jan 14 with 3008 viewsjackeinstein

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:34 - Jan 14 by union_jack

It's called softening the blow.

Next year, he could be saying would life in L1 be that bad.

I fear if we go down that we could drop down even further. Maybe down to the fact that I remember very clearly the 80s demise.

Nah not League One that is shite league, wouldn't accept that but we have been punching above our weight in terms of how much our directors can bring to the table.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 21:12 - Jan 14 with 2945 viewssherpajacob

no more glamour matches with watford, bournemouth, norwich and stoke.

instead its the football wilderness playing smaller clubs like Forest, Leeds, sheff wed, wolves etc

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 2816 viewsMatlock_Jack

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 20:26 - Jan 14 by CopaMundial

Let's put it this way,if we'd given it our best shot and it wasn't enough then I could live with it,but getting relegated from the poorest quality Premiership for a decade without putting up so much as a fight would be devastating

And yet in the end (if we do endure relegation), it may not be fight, but lacking that 'little bit of extra quality' and possibly upfront.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 23:06 - Jan 14 with 2790 viewsBloodyhills

The thought of pulling a big team in the cup would mean nothing when we have already been playing them for the last few years, week in week out.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 03:33 - Jan 15 with 2696 viewsphact0rri

I could sleep in on saturday/sunday mornings save for those one off televised matches we might end up getting... only plus I can think of. Honestly I'll probably end up cutting myself off from a lot of football since if were not in the premiere league there's no reason to care much about all the media stuff, or watching the matches of the clubs around us.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 03:38 - Jan 15 with 2694 viewsSwansea93

The thought of all that rebuilding and starting again would be devastating, even if we went down and got promoted we have to stabilise again in the Premier League.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 06:03 - Jan 15 with 2646 viewsdameedna

Look at Bolton
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 06:20 - Jan 15 with 2635 viewsjack247

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 21:12 - Jan 14 by sherpajacob

no more glamour matches with watford, bournemouth, norwich and stoke.

instead its the football wilderness playing smaller clubs like Forest, Leeds, sheff wed, wolves etc

Yeah and we wouldn't have to bother with Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool either. We would have glamour ties against Rotherham, MK Dons and Brentford to look forward to.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 06:25 - Jan 15 with 2628 viewsjack247

The general perception seems to be that we don't have a lot of money at the moment. That would become a major issue if we went down, even if players do have relegation pay cut clauses. Would lose a good chunk of our squad for less than they are worth and those that remained would be on comparatively high wages. Don't think the Championship would be anything other than a struggle on the pitch, our squad would be decimated.

Plus, the whole point of sport is to try to strive for success.
Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 09:26 - Jan 15 with 2503 viewsSwaneeRiver

Would Championship Football Be That Bad? on 19:52 - Jan 14 by Oldjack

No more MOTD appearances
Yes it would be gutting

Exactly.
We couldn't fill the stadium on a wet Wednesday in January for a vital PL relegation battle.
What chance of getting more than 12000 for a vital Championship relegation battle almost any day of the season.
Rats deserting a sinking ship comes to mind.
if people think that some of the football they've seen in the PL is dire, wait until they see what the Championship offers as it's bread and butter (not just the edited highlights we all remember from our rise up the leagues)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024