Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddle up for three valuable points 12:01 - Mar 19 with 2445 viewsdurham_exile

I will keep this very brief this week.

KK needs three points to keep the impossible dream alive.

Walsall are definitely vulnerable at home and the U's need belief today to follow up on the performance last week against the Latics.

Quick out of the blocks on what is often a sticky surface at the Bescot (not dissimilar to Valley Parade).

Team:

Parish

Brindley Eastman Kent Shorey

Garvan Moncur Gilbey

Massey Porter Lee

Subs:

Briggs Edwards Oduwa Wright Bonne Akinwande Barnes

Come on we can do this.

Safe travelling to the faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 06:37 - Mar 20 with 821 viewsnoah4x4

Saddle up for three valuable points on 22:49 - Mar 19 by Fruitbat

Is it worth pointing out that as of today we are now mathematically unable to make the play-offs?

Durham won't believe you!

Maybe he and Gerry "up north" have less to look forward to, but I am looking forward to visiting many more new grounds, especially in the south, and watching the U's win in a division where, given Financial Fair Play, we can compete on our low attendances.

If Braintree do gain promotion, a ground share could be interesting. Whilst I will follow the U's home & away, I wonder how many will visit WHCS every Saturday to watch both D2 teams? Might it draw a wider catchment from mid-Essex to Cuckoo Farm? Then when Braintree get relegated will our superior academy and financial strength see us kick-start a new era with a broader audience?

I often go to Braintree when the U's don't play. So the question is, if Braintree did ground share would you watch both? Would anybody stop travelling away? Might any U's fan watch only Braintree? Will division two mean you watch a different club altogether?
Saddle up for three valuable points (n/t) on 06:44 - Mar 20 with 816 viewsTheOldOakTree

Is it worth pointing out that as of today we are now mathematically unable to make the play-offs?

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 9:14]
Saddle up for three valuable points on 09:26 - Mar 20 with 802 viewsLeadbelly

Saddle up for three valuable points (n/t) on 06:44 - Mar 20 by TheOldOakTree

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 9:14]

18 teams with massive points deductions might give us a chance of the playoffs.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:23 - Mar 20 with 749 viewsnoah4x4

Saddle up for three valuable points on 09:26 - Mar 20 by Leadbelly

18 teams with massive points deductions might give us a chance of the playoffs.

It might help us escape relegation. But in some respects I hope not. It is time to adjust the unrealistic expectation of some fans after too many years of pain.

I would sooner see us win a few games in D2 rather than constantly struggle in D1. But in years to come, I suspect the pain will be forgotten and the past decade be deemed our glory years. Funny old game (Greavsie),
Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:09 - Mar 20 with 740 viewsLeadbelly

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:23 - Mar 20 by noah4x4

It might help us escape relegation. But in some respects I hope not. It is time to adjust the unrealistic expectation of some fans after too many years of pain.

I would sooner see us win a few games in D2 rather than constantly struggle in D1. But in years to come, I suspect the pain will be forgotten and the past decade be deemed our glory years. Funny old game (Greavsie),

I would rather see us win lots of games in League 1 than be relegated to League 2. We were promoted to League 1 in 1998 so, after 18 years at this level or above, I don't feel it is unrealistic to expect us to maintain our current status. Unfortunately we are now seeing the product of our chairman's vision and questionable managerial appointments. Will having a self sufficient club with the best academy facilities in the Conference get the fans through the turnstiles?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:34 - Mar 20 with 722 viewsgerry_us

Really?
Saddle up for three valuable points on 18:11 - Mar 20 with 715 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:09 - Mar 20 by Leadbelly

I would rather see us win lots of games in League 1 than be relegated to League 2. We were promoted to League 1 in 1998 so, after 18 years at this level or above, I don't feel it is unrealistic to expect us to maintain our current status. Unfortunately we are now seeing the product of our chairman's vision and questionable managerial appointments. Will having a self sufficient club with the best academy facilities in the Conference get the fans through the turnstiles?

I am probably alone in believing that we can still do this.

Despite the hurt of the last two matches we have proved that we can compete with two teams going for the automatic places for promotion.

Split the remaining games into threes and approach them with the same intent as recently and play for the full 95mins and we can survive.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 10:28 - Mar 21 with 650 viewsburnsieespana

Saddle up for three valuable points on 06:37 - Mar 20 by noah4x4

Durham won't believe you!

Maybe he and Gerry "up north" have less to look forward to, but I am looking forward to visiting many more new grounds, especially in the south, and watching the U's win in a division where, given Financial Fair Play, we can compete on our low attendances.

If Braintree do gain promotion, a ground share could be interesting. Whilst I will follow the U's home & away, I wonder how many will visit WHCS every Saturday to watch both D2 teams? Might it draw a wider catchment from mid-Essex to Cuckoo Farm? Then when Braintree get relegated will our superior academy and financial strength see us kick-start a new era with a broader audience?

I often go to Braintree when the U's don't play. So the question is, if Braintree did ground share would you watch both? Would anybody stop travelling away? Might any U's fan watch only Braintree? Will division two mean you watch a different club altogether?

Interesting points regarding Braintree. Been a couple of years since I have seen them so under the "brothers" what are they playing like noah?
I think it also shows somebody can come in from a lower level and Manage well.
In my view it would be fantastic if Braintree can get promo but is it certain they will need to ground share?
See Braintree had well over 1000 on saturday and wondered what the capacity of the ground is?
Login to get fewer ads

Saddle up for three valuable points on 23:29 - Mar 21 with 597 viewsFruitbat

Saddle up for three valuable points on 10:28 - Mar 21 by burnsieespana

Interesting points regarding Braintree. Been a couple of years since I have seen them so under the "brothers" what are they playing like noah?
I think it also shows somebody can come in from a lower level and Manage well.
In my view it would be fantastic if Braintree can get promo but is it certain they will need to ground share?
See Braintree had well over 1000 on saturday and wondered what the capacity of the ground is?

Cressing Road meets the qualification criteria on capacity for the Football League although it would need to upgrade to admission criteria by the end of the first season and membership criteria by the end of the third. According to their website, the floodlights are good enough too.

Short away trip next season!

Qualification criteria 4,000 (with ability to reach 5,000) 500 (with ability to reach 1,000)
Admission criteria 5,000 1,000 (with ability to reach 2,000)
Membership criteria 5,000 2,000

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix1.aspx#JA3WEQso0w0KPloU.99
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024