Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safety does not look assured to me 16:59 - Mar 23 with 22725 viewsJacandme

There seems a concerning sigh of relief has been breathed around the club, but looking at the table I am not as convinced as everybody seems to be. I hope we are not relaxing too soon.

Newcastle and Sunderland have a game in hand over us. they win it and they are 7/8pts behind with 7 to play.

we have Leicester away, West Ham away, Man City home, Liverpool home, Chelsea home, Stoke away and Newcastle away.

we will be underdogs for every single one of those games.

Someone convince me I should be as relaxed as others...
Safety does not look assured to me on 19:44 - Mar 23 with 1982 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:35 - Mar 23 by LeonisGod

Even in our crappiest of crap times this season we were doing better than picking up 0 points in 7 games. Newcastle alone is very winnable, and just that would probsbly guarantee safety. We have a good record there plus they are awful. And we seem to raise our game against the 'bigger' teams, so I expect we'll be competitive agsinst Man C and Chelski.

We're not safe yet, but we're as close as we could be without actually being safe.

But our survival doesn't depend on us avoiding a 0 point in 7 game run though does it? We can draw 2 and lose 5 of our last 7, which is quite possible given the run in, and still be in a spot of bother. IF Sunderland win 4 from 8 given that scenario, then they go above us.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:02 - Mar 23 with 1946 viewsWingstandwood

With safety will come all the TV rights money! How much will the total sum be with both SKY TV and foreign money combined? I'd be most appreciative of an answer.

Argus!

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:07 - Mar 23 with 1940 viewsjack247

Next season is very much the one to worry about.

This season, for us to go down, 2 of the following 3 things have to happen:

Newcastle have to win 4 of 8 games
Sunderland have to win 4 of 8 games
Norwich have to win 3 of 7 games

At the same time, we have to lose 7 of 7 games (maybe draw 1). Yes we have been crap this season, but not that crap.

We aren't talking about Leicester or Tottenham winning 4 out of 8 games here, these teams have won 6, 6 and 7 games respectively out of 30.

Next season however does worry me. We aren't that much better than Newcastle etc, better, but not massively. We need a serious shake up. Teams that were our peers last season are streets ahead of us and we can't rely on there being 4 awful teams in the league again.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:08 - Mar 23 with 1934 viewsPhil_S

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:54 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

Eh? You can back us to stay up at 1-33. If you think we are 95-100% safe then how is that a silly suggestion in any way shape or form when you were the one who told me to do the exact same thing on the opposite outcome?

I am not saying I think we will go down, I am fully aware we have a great chance of staying up. But I am also aware that a good chance is all it is, we are not over the line yet and still in very real danger considering the run in we have, apparent relaxed mentality and historical trend of relegation threatened teams pulling off a string of results.

It seemed like the Villa game was the decider for many. its far from that for me.

Is it raining where you are yet?

We will be proven come mid May to already have enough points. We will not lose our last 7 games no matter who they are against so will pick up more.

Thereis no chance that two of Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich will win 3 more games this season let alone four in the case of Newcastle and Sunderland

Be positive, the job is done
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:11 - Mar 23 with 1915 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:08 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

We will be proven come mid May to already have enough points. We will not lose our last 7 games no matter who they are against so will pick up more.

Thereis no chance that two of Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich will win 3 more games this season let alone four in the case of Newcastle and Sunderland

Let's hope the players aren't thinking like that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:11 - Mar 23 with 1914 viewsjasper_T

If we only win 2 of our remaining games that will be a poor return even given our terrible form this season.

If we don't get at least 8 points I'll be fuming.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:14 - Mar 23 with 1910 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:44 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

But our survival doesn't depend on us avoiding a 0 point in 7 game run though does it? We can draw 2 and lose 5 of our last 7, which is quite possible given the run in, and still be in a spot of bother. IF Sunderland win 4 from 8 given that scenario, then they go above us.

I wouldn't give a toss if Newcastle and Norwich got relegated to be honest. Even ignoring the fact that Norwich have them both to play, there is next to no chance that two of those teams will overtake us even if we don't get another point.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:15 - Mar 23 with 1900 viewstrampie

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:44 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

In that circumstance we would almost certainly still be above Sunderland as Swansea have a better goal difference [even taking into account the results to get both teams onto 38pts].

So Sunderland would have to do even better than that or Swansea worse but than that.
As well as that Norwich would also have to do nearly as well as Sunderland in that scenario to take Swansea or if not Norwich then Newcastle would have to do better than that suggested Sunderland run as well as Sunderland going on that run.

Also Palace as well as Watford and B'mouth would have to avoid total collapse.

The bottom-line is if Swansea only get 2 pts out of the 21 points currently on offer then Newcastle and Sunderland would need winning records between now and the end of the season to take the Swans.
What is in Swans favour is 2 teams out of the so far poor Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle would have to go on decent runs, one of them going on a decent run is not good enough.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 20:16]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:15 - Mar 23 with 1897 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:08 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

Sunderland did it 2 years ago with a much tougher run in so it would be foolish to think they can't again. If the Swans players have that attitude then yes I am confident we will be fine. If they are puffing on the expensive Cubans already, then I cant be as sure, because the ones below will be fighting tooth and nail.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:17 - Mar 23 with 1891 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:11 - Mar 23 by dgt73

They won't be. They will be playing for their futures. This season has been abject. The club is safe, the players are not.

Not questioning eithers professionalism in the slightest, but it wouldn't be natural for Ash and Taylor's minds to start wandering towards the Euros at some point.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:19 - Mar 23 with 1873 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:17 - Mar 23 by jack247

They won't be. They will be playing for their futures. This season has been abject. The club is safe, the players are not.

Not questioning eithers professionalism in the slightest, but it wouldn't be natural for Ash and Taylor's minds to start wandering towards the Euros at some point.

Rubbish- it's happened at lots of club who's players think they're safe.

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:20 - Mar 23 with 1873 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:15 - Mar 23 by Jacandme

Sunderland did it 2 years ago with a much tougher run in so it would be foolish to think they can't again. If the Swans players have that attitude then yes I am confident we will be fine. If they are puffing on the expensive Cubans already, then I cant be as sure, because the ones below will be fighting tooth and nail.

The difference is, you are talking about two teams doing what Sunderland did (which was remarkable) and us losing near enough every game.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:31 - Mar 23 with 1857 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:19 - Mar 23 by dgt73

Rubbish- it's happened at lots of club who's players think they're safe.

It wasn't a difficult post to understand. I'll break the lines down so you don't have to read between them.

We are safe. If the players think that, they are right.

However, we have had a terrible season. A lot of players haven't been up to scratch.
They are playing for their futures. We will have the TV money in the summer. They either have to impress Guidollin, who hasn't known them that long, or whoever replaces him in the summer. If they switch off now, we will still stay up, but they are less likely to find themselves in the first team or getting offered better contracts next season.

If they switch off now, it isn't the same as switching off after winning the league cup and cruising through the last few games.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:36 - Mar 23 with 1845 viewsPhil_S

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:11 - Mar 23 by dgt73

And they arent so your hope is answered
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:38 - Mar 23 with 1836 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:31 - Mar 23 by jack247

It wasn't a difficult post to understand. I'll break the lines down so you don't have to read between them.

We are safe. If the players think that, they are right.

However, we have had a terrible season. A lot of players haven't been up to scratch.
They are playing for their futures. We will have the TV money in the summer. They either have to impress Guidollin, who hasn't known them that long, or whoever replaces him in the summer. If they switch off now, we will still stay up, but they are less likely to find themselves in the first team or getting offered better contracts next season.

If they switch off now, it isn't the same as switching off after winning the league cup and cruising through the last few games.

Fook me - players switch off subconsciously just ask crystal palace, Watford fans.
And once again we are not safe.....if you bet your house on us not going down and we lost the next 3 games and Newcastle, Sunderland won a few on the bounce which is possible- you'd probably need to change your pants.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 20:39]

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:39 - Mar 23 with 1828 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:36 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

And they arent so your hope is answered

How do you know ?

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:40 - Mar 23 with 1829 viewsJackanapes

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:40 - Mar 23 with 1824 viewstrampie

We are not talking one 'poor' team going well but two, which is a point you don't seem to be acknowledging.

Its one thing a team like Swansea collapsing and one poor team going on a good run but Swansea would have to collapse and two other poor teams would need to go on a decent run as well as other teams around Swansea needing to avoid collapsing like Palace.

I have no issue with your concerns only to say I think the Swans chances of going down are about 1 in 33 as per the odds, sometimes I would not agree with any given odds on offer, sometimes thinking there is more or less chance of something happening but as regards Swans current relegation odds I think they are about right [regardless of what actually happens].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:42 - Mar 23 with 1812 viewsPhil_S

And you need another one of Norwich and Newcastle to do it to

Smile, it costs nothing, the job is done and we will gain more than enough points in the remaining 7 games to sail past the 40 point barrier with some to spare
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 1811 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:38 - Mar 23 by dgt73

Fook me - players switch off subconsciously just ask crystal palace, Watford fans.
And once again we are not safe.....if you bet your house on us not going down and we lost the next 3 games and Newcastle, Sunderland won a few on the bounce which is possible- you'd probably need to change your pants.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 20:39]

You misunderstood the post again.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:46 - Mar 23 with 1800 viewsPhil_S

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:39 - Mar 23 by dgt73

How do you know ?

Because I do
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:50 - Mar 23 with 1791 viewsGlyn1

OK, I've put my own forecasts for the final matches into this website that someone here recommended a little while ago:

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

Spurs beat Leicester to the title, and the Swans finish 16th.

What's interesting to me is that all of the teams that are relegated end up on 35 points or fewer, so we are already safe.

Put your own forecasts into the table and see if there are any - REALISTIC - sets of results under which we could be relegated, because I don't think that there is.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 1785 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:46 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

Because I do

Uh I doubt very much that you know what the players are thinking- publicly they'll obviously say we need more points, but privately they may think differently.

Safety does not look assured to me on 20:57 - Mar 23 with 1774 viewsThornburyswan

You make some valid points & if we lose the next 5 & 2 of Sunderland, Norwich or Newcastle put a decent run we'd be in serious jeopardy going into West Ham away & Citeh at home but firstly we've not shown any evidence of going multiple back to back losses, secondly when we do lose it tends to be by the odd goal & our goal difference is materially better & finally as this season has proven many times over anyone in this league can beat anyone else.

Are we safe now, possibly but suspect we need another 2/3 points (4 to be really confident) & for me if we can't get 1 more win or a couple of hard fought draws we don't deserve to stay up.
Safety does not look assured to me on 20:57 - Mar 23 with 1774 viewslegoman

Safety does not look assured to me on 17:41 - Mar 23 by Edmundo

If we can win at Arsenal away......who's to stay we can't beat or a draw with any of them......other than Leicester👍

But the Swansea way will probably see us lose all the remaining games EXCEPT Leicester where we will win! Hope so, as I have tickets!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024