Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk...... 22:40 - Mar 25 with 21484 viewssully49

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7025773/Aston-Villa-consider
He should do well in the Championship, I hope he gets it.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Garry Monk...... on 00:41 - Mar 29 with 1879 viewsjackedup

There is a big difference between having a decline in performances while battling on multiple fronts and playing Thursday night matches, half of which are abroad -- and having as many as 7 or 8 players on the treatment table -- and on the other hand having a worse decline due to lacking the knowhow necessary to get the players's fitness levels up to the necessary standard, forcing one to rely on a counterattacking style while having few players capable of playing this style, such as Montero, who is injury-prone.
Garry Monk...... on 02:48 - Mar 29 with 1837 viewsDavillin

Garry Monk...... on 23:56 - Mar 28 by Drizzy

You're a pompous arse, Tone. Some posters have the decency to be overt with their insults rather than resorting to patronising sanctimony.

Who exactly did he sit? Britton? Monk dropped him for Cork who was playing well. Other core players like Rangel are past their best and should only be used as backups. Anyway, you have completely failed to address any specific points about football in my post. All you're doing is talking in abstract terms of "preferred players" who "didn't have the stuff". What does that even mean?

I'll happily engage with a response from you that discusses the failure to replace Bony, the problems with relying on Taylor and Naughton to provide width in the diamond or why he alienated Gylfi for the sake of Shelvey. I won't hold my breath, mind.

Stick to gridiron and graphs, Anthony.

Stuff it up your ass, clown.

Now, shut up and go colour something childish, like your attitudes and posts.

There, overt enough for you?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Garry Monk...... on 10:47 - Mar 29 with 1716 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 00:38 - Mar 29 by UplandsJack

Spot on!!!
People go on about GM as a legend but why?
He spent a fair amount of time on the injury table.
Yes we are all grateful for "that block", though had Taylor not got his red i doubt he'd even have played as he'd been out of the team with a back injury if memory serves es me right...
Let's not forget he was a back-stabbing, self centered player. He admitted as much in his own book. Then did the same to Laudrup not once, but twice. He even feigned injury to avoid going on loan to brizzle city as he feared Laudrup would never have him back. (told me this himself)
No he was a solid long serving player who made a good living and lived the dream of getting to / playing in the Premier League when probably his skill/ ability wasn't at that level. I don't begrudge him that, but to call him a legend after playing just 260 games and scoring 7 goals over 11 years is a joke and frankly insulting to those that really are. #Curtis. # Britton
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 1:05]

Hideous hatred.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk...... on 12:44 - Mar 29 with 1651 viewsvetchonian

Garry Monk...... on 23:15 - Mar 28 by Davillin

It's strange how two people can look at the same thing and come to two different conclusions.

"Which shows how HJ lost the plot." Huw did almost the same things he did with his previous managers, to the best of our view of that "inside" story. It's Monk who lost the plot, which, I believe no-one can deny, as has been repeatedly pointed out with clarity.

"...he doesn't deserve some of the vitriol he now receives." What you see as "vitriol," I see as remarkably objective analysis" over all.

Yes people do have differing views and opinions.
My statement surrounding HJ is based on the fact as I said previous managers were told that Curt was part of the deal YET he allowed Monk to sideline him but also Garry as I also said had "delusions of grandeur" and thougt he knew better which ended up with his being out of a job.

And whilst there is some objective ( as well as subjective) analysis of Monk's reign on here there is also some pure vile which is not deserved. He made mistakes as all managers do but I think the seeds were sown long before all he did was carry on

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Garry Monk...... on 16:41 - Mar 29 with 1560 viewsDavillin

Garry Monk...... on 12:44 - Mar 29 by vetchonian

Yes people do have differing views and opinions.
My statement surrounding HJ is based on the fact as I said previous managers were told that Curt was part of the deal YET he allowed Monk to sideline him but also Garry as I also said had "delusions of grandeur" and thougt he knew better which ended up with his being out of a job.

And whilst there is some objective ( as well as subjective) analysis of Monk's reign on here there is also some pure vile which is not deserved. He made mistakes as all managers do but I think the seeds were sown long before all he did was carry on

Thanks, V. I won't dispute any of that.

Perhaps our definitions of "vile" differ in degree, although I agree that Monk doesn't deserve that level of criticism.

There's a very old popular song on a different subject -- "She's more to be pitied than censured" (although neither of those is completely apropos of this situation).

Garry Monk...... on 17:09 - Mar 29 with 1538 viewsacejack3065

Nice to see Laudrup fanboyism is still alive and going strong on Planet Swans...
Garry Monk...... on 17:10 - Mar 29 with 1534 viewsacejack3065

Spot on!!!
Yes we are all grateful for "that block", though had Taylor not got his red i doubt he'd even have played as he'd been out of the team with a back injury if memory serves es me right...
Let's not forget he was a back-stabbing, self centered player. He admitted as much in his own book. Then did the same to Laudrup not once, but twice. He even feigned injury to avoid going on loan to brizzle city as he feared Laudrup would never have him back. (told me this himself)
No he was a solid long serving player who made a good living and lived the dream of getting to / playing in the Premier League when probably his skill/ ability wasn't at that level. I don't begrudge him that, but to call him a legend after playing just 260 games and scoring 7 goals over 11 years is a joke and frankly insulting to those that really are. #Curtis. # Britton

^^^^^^^^
One of the worst posts I've ever read on this site.
Garry Monk...... on 17:17 - Mar 29 with 1530 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 17:10 - Mar 29 by acejack3065

^^^^^^^^
One of the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

I concur it's pitiful.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk...... on 17:31 - Mar 29 with 1518 viewsvetchonian

Garry Monk...... on 17:09 - Mar 29 by acejack3065

Nice to see Laudrup fanboyism is still alive and going strong on Planet Swans...

There are some on here who would have him deifyed with a huge statue outside the renamed Michael Laudrup stadium !

Garry Monk...... on 17:32 - Mar 29 with 1515 viewsacejack3065

Garry Monk...... on 17:31 - Mar 29 by vetchonian

There are some on here who would have him deifyed with a huge statue outside the renamed Michael Laudrup stadium !

It's a touch homoerotic if you ask me...
Garry Monk...... on 17:35 - Mar 29 with 1526 viewsvetchonian

Garry Monk...... on 17:32 - Mar 29 by acejack3065

It's a touch homoerotic if you ask me...

and one eyed rose tinted too...... even though he got us our first major trophy there were some blips in that season

Not a great route to the final.....Barsnley then thanks to a certain Garry Monks injury time winner at Crawley Town before a great victory at Liverpool but lets not forget Chelsea in the semis...
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 17:39]

Garry Monk...... on 18:40 - Mar 29 with 1498 viewsDrizzy

Garry Monk...... on 02:48 - Mar 29 by Davillin

Stuff it up your ass, clown.

Now, shut up and go colour something childish, like your attitudes and posts.

There, overt enough for you?

Any chance you want to address any of the points about football in my post, Tone? Nope? Because you know f*ck all about it. You're a self-righteous tw*t and this forum was better after you f*cked off after ANOTHER hissy fit.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Garry Monk...... on 18:55 - Mar 29 with 1478 viewsymaohyd

Spot on!!!

Tw at

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Garry Monk...... on 19:49 - Mar 29 with 1443 viewsswancity

Garry Monk...... on 18:40 - Mar 29 by Drizzy

Any chance you want to address any of the points about football in my post, Tone? Nope? Because you know f*ck all about it. You're a self-righteous tw*t and this forum was better after you f*cked off after ANOTHER hissy fit.

Just a so called fan from a distance who quite clearly knows very little about football but has lots to say. Typical Amercican then. Ignore the fool it's the best policy.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry Monk...... on 21:06 - Mar 29 with 1404 viewsjack247

Hold up. Any beef you got with Davillin is your business, but if you want to talk football...

You don't think Garry could have played the Martinez-Laudrup style with the players he had. Do you realise he played it almost all of last season, including the run after we sold Bony and still picked up points at a similar rate? He was rightly lauded for our highest ever finish and he did it by playing a passing game. It was more direct and less passing for passings sake, but it was still flowing attacking football.

You think the formation he brought in made us hard to beat? It did in the odd game he played it last season and the opening 4 or 5 of this, after that it made us exceptionally easy to beat. I'm sure that was the intention, but it didn't work and whether it was down to stubbornness, lack of resources, inability to change or whatever other reason, he refused to change it back or change it to anything else.

Any childish personal criticism of Garry is well out of order, you won't get an argument from me there. Saying he dismantled our style and inadvertently jeopardised our PL status is a valid point because he absolutely did do that.
Garry Monk...... on 21:23 - Mar 29 with 1395 viewsDavillin

Pity you didn't pay attention to your parents when they were trying to teach you the elementary social graces of being courteous to your elders and respectful to your betters.

Credit to them for trying, however. If that task had been one of Hercules' labors, he'd have failed, too.

You may cast all the aspersions you want at me or my knowledge of football, it just demonstrates your sad lack of good sense and civiliity.

I made all of the points I wanted to make in this thread and never get drawn into a silly argument by someone like yourself who can't be civil and thinks he's a hero for disputing with his betters.

Your post above is more than ample proof that you are simply not worth any more of my time.

Now fk off.

Garry Monk...... on 23:02 - Mar 29 with 1337 viewsUplandsJack

Garry Monk...... on 18:55 - Mar 29 by ymaohyd

Tw at

I find it incredible how just because my opinion differs from others, you feel comfortable to insult me!
Thanks anyway and it hasn't altered my opinion one bit!

Also for the record I enjoyed Laudrup's reign, well upto the last few months, when he seemed to lose interest for whatever reason and was as comfortable as anyone with the boards decision to remove him. I also hated Monks time in charge. The football was generally garbage from the point of Bony moving on. I wasn't the biggest fan of Sousa but at least the team did pretty well, what he asked of them.

Also for Darren. I have no feeling towards Monk, be it positive or negative on a personal level and I'm certain he knows that. But how any of you can put up on a pedestal a guy who almost destroyed over a decades work in just 18 months, frankly astounds me!
But hey ho we all have our own opinions and I will respect all of yours even if I don't agree.
Garry Monk...... on 23:58 - Mar 29 with 1294 viewsDrizzy

Garry Monk...... on 21:23 - Mar 29 by Davillin

Pity you didn't pay attention to your parents when they were trying to teach you the elementary social graces of being courteous to your elders and respectful to your betters.

Credit to them for trying, however. If that task had been one of Hercules' labors, he'd have failed, too.

You may cast all the aspersions you want at me or my knowledge of football, it just demonstrates your sad lack of good sense and civiliity.

I made all of the points I wanted to make in this thread and never get drawn into a silly argument by someone like yourself who can't be civil and thinks he's a hero for disputing with his betters.

Your post above is more than ample proof that you are simply not worth any more of my time.

Now fk off.

Yawn.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/166527/caviar-to-the-gen

You can't even get one of your useless graphs correct.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Garry Monk...... on 00:54 - Mar 30 with 1256 viewspikeypaul

Garry Monk...... on 23:58 - Mar 29 by Drizzy

Yawn.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/166527/caviar-to-the-gen

You can't even get one of your useless graphs correct.

Two

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Garry Monk...... on 01:20 - Mar 30 with 1245 viewsDavillin

Garry Monk...... on 00:54 - Mar 30 by pikeypaul

Two

Ouch!

There's nothing more telling than intellectual abuse.

Garry Monk...... on 03:07 - Mar 30 with 1214 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk...... on 19:49 - Mar 29 by swancity

Just a so called fan from a distance who quite clearly knows very little about football but has lots to say. Typical Amercican then. Ignore the fool it's the best policy.

"Typical American"
Feck off you generalising twot

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk...... on 07:44 - Mar 30 with 1173 viewsDr_Winston

We didn't play flowing attacking football last season. It became obvious quite early on that we were more interested in slow, cautious and increasingly direct football, despite having the players to do otherwise. Indeed, many of the players who had done so under the previous three managers.

This season from September to December saw the culmination of that process and almost the entire coaching staff paid for it with their jobs. Never again please.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk...... on 08:56 - Mar 30 with 1120 viewsjack247

Garry Monk...... on 07:44 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

We didn't play flowing attacking football last season. It became obvious quite early on that we were more interested in slow, cautious and increasingly direct football, despite having the players to do otherwise. Indeed, many of the players who had done so under the previous three managers.

This season from September to December saw the culmination of that process and almost the entire coaching staff paid for it with their jobs. Never again please.

That just isn't true. We weren't as entertaining as Martinez, Rodgers or Laudrup teams at their best, but we played attractive passing football in the same formation. We were more direct in a sense, as we tried to move the ball forward quicker rather than rolling it around at the back for minutes at a time, but we still did it through passing and movement rather than the long ball style the word direct implies.

I can't remember who it was against, but it was a home game reasonably near the end of last season that we had a decimated midfield, so he switched to the containing diamond. It worked and as an occassional tactic it may still be effective.

He used it in a couple of other games before adopting it as our plan A, B and C this season. Building the team around Shelvey and Gomis at the expense of Gylfi and relying heavily on Montero was a major issue. Being unable to react when it quickly got worked out was probably the biggest problem.
Garry Monk...... on 09:11 - Mar 30 with 1094 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The first time we saw the diamond was against Manchester United at home last season. With the benefit of hindsight it might have been better if it hadn't resulted in three points and subsequently adopted as our new way to play.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Garry Monk...... on 09:29 - Mar 30 with 1077 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk...... on 09:11 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

The first time we saw the diamond was against Manchester United at home last season. With the benefit of hindsight it might have been better if it hadn't resulted in three points and subsequently adopted as our new way to play.

We we played narrow and defended for the whole game. The deflected winner was our only shot of the second half as we sat deep 10 behind the ball.

My, how we celebrated the tactical genius involved.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024