Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aintree/Masters Golf 09:26 - Apr 7 with 12075 viewsElHoop

Big weekend coming up, both starting today - anyone got any views?
Aintree/Masters Golf on 09:28 - Apr 7 with 5566 viewsDorse

Nope.

Here to help.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:33 - Apr 7 with 5526 viewsDesertBoot

Jason Day is the worthy favourite at 13/2. When full fit he's finished in the top three on both occasions. The predicted windy conditions won't be a hindrance as he drives the ball high and long.
Phil Michelson is coming into form and is a good e/w at 20/1.

For the Grand National Kruzhlinin caught my eye finishing fifth at the Cheltenham Festival over three miles. 25/1 looks value.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:33 - Apr 7 with 5524 viewsTheBlob

Can't see beyond Day,Speith or McIlroy for the golf.

Would have been different if KOKRAK had qualified.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:34 - Apr 7 with 5521 viewsRs_Holy

You can also throw QPR v Charlton & Joshua v Martin into the mix... Thankfully Mrs Holy is on lates over the weekend....(phew!).
Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:37 - Apr 7 with 5510 viewsMick_S

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:33 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

Can't see beyond Day,Speith or McIlroy for the golf.

Would have been different if KOKRAK had qualified.

Day or Speith to win = 100/30 with Sky. I'm rubbish at betting, but that doesn't look too bad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:45 - Apr 7 with 5493 viewsichbinnaughty

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:37 - Apr 7 by Mick_S

Day or Speith to win = 100/30 with Sky. I'm rubbish at betting, but that doesn't look too bad.

What don't they just make it 10/3??
Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:46 - Apr 7 with 5489 viewsMick_S

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:45 - Apr 7 by ichbinnaughty

What don't they just make it 10/3??

I told you I'm no good.

Aintree/Masters Golf on 10:49 - Apr 7 with 5476 viewsTheBlob

I think the value's in the Top Englishman book.
Danny Willett too short ,so look at Fitzpatrick or Sullivan.

Login to get fewer ads

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:18 - Apr 7 with 5438 viewsMick_S

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 5426 viewsTheBlob

Butch Harmon has just come on to say they're the fastest greens he's ever seen,like glass table tops looks like.Should suit Adam Scott.

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 5410 viewsElHoop

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:25 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

Butch Harmon has just come on to say they're the fastest greens he's ever seen,like glass table tops looks like.Should suit Adam Scott.

The thing is, conditions won't be the same for everyone. It's wet now which slows the greens and the wind will get up later too. Early doors is a good time to play today, and if a good player gets a flyer then he might be hard to peg back, but the good players start later.
Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:37 - Apr 7 with 5398 viewsTheBlob

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:32 - Apr 7 by ElHoop

The thing is, conditions won't be the same for everyone. It's wet now which slows the greens and the wind will get up later too. Early doors is a good time to play today, and if a good player gets a flyer then he might be hard to peg back, but the good players start later.

They're lightning quick now and they'll get faster.Did you see the Faldo and Player holes in one at the par 3 tourny yesterday?

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:41 - Apr 7 with 5385 viewsElHoop

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:37 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

They're lightning quick now and they'll get faster.Did you see the Faldo and Player holes in one at the par 3 tourny yesterday?

I saw quite a bit of the par 3 tourny yeah - was amazing stuff - not least Thomas and Fowler hitting consecutive holes in one in a threesome with Spieth. They reckoned that cost Spieth a few quid.

But it's absolutely lashed down overnight. It's wet. For the time being.
Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:45 - Apr 7 with 5378 viewsBoston

Views y'say? Well I think we need changes, I'd like to see the golfers go around Aintree and the National in Augusta.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 5370 viewsTheBlob

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:41 - Apr 7 by ElHoop

I saw quite a bit of the par 3 tourny yeah - was amazing stuff - not least Thomas and Fowler hitting consecutive holes in one in a threesome with Spieth. They reckoned that cost Spieth a few quid.

But it's absolutely lashed down overnight. It's wet. For the time being.

Trouble is the early fliers will have to go out later on the second day when conditions will be harsh.There are going to be some biiiiiiig scores out there.

Aintree/Masters Golf on 12:05 - Apr 7 with 5338 viewsPlanetHonneywood

They haven't even buried Ronnie Corbett, and the Yanks are playing a golf tournament.

No f.....g respect, they bloody deserve Donald Trump that lot!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Aintree/Masters Golf on 12:25 - Apr 7 with 5303 viewsElHoop

Aintree/Masters Golf on 11:48 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

Trouble is the early fliers will have to go out later on the second day when conditions will be harsh.There are going to be some biiiiiiig scores out there.

Yeah but the stats say that you need to be in the van all the way in the Masters. It's not a catch-up course. If somebody gets away early today then they'll have had the best conditions of the week. Those conditions won't come back anytime.
Aintree/Masters Golf on 12:33 - Apr 7 with 5288 viewskomradkirk

May have a couple of quid on Rory as i do in all the Majors.
It depends if he can cobble four good rounds on the spin together.

today at Aintree i am liking

Lami Serge
Footpad
Cue Card
Augusta Kate
Aintree/Masters Golf on 12:43 - Apr 7 with 5270 viewsHunterhoop

Today at Aintree:

1.40: Arzal
2.15: Footpad
2.50: Cue Card
3:25: Annie Power
4.05: Pacha du Polder
4.40: Minella Present
5.15: Augusta Kate

I'm rolling the dice at Aintree this year after a profitable Cheltenham.

Of the above, appreciate there's not much value, so I'm not exactly putting my neck on the line. Arzal and Minella Present are the best value. Both have very good chances and have been targeted at this race.

In the National:
Firstly, this is the highest quality National in history (the 40th horse, ie. lowest marked horse, is currently the "highest" lowest mark in the race's history). What this means is, there's some very good horses at the top of the weights who you wouldn't normally see enter a Grand National.
Two, there are several horses extremely well in on the handicapper in the National. The weights were announced 2 months ago, based on the OR of horses at that point in time. Problem is, several horses have run since, and run extremely well, resulting in their OR going up. They now are running of a weight that is several lbs lower (or several lengths lower) than their actual OR, ie. on their mark today, they should be carrying more weight. One of these horses is so well in it beggars belief.

So, who do I think will win. I genuinely think it is very likely to be 1 of 3.
Many Clouds: Rightly the favourite. Has course and distance form after winning last year. Only 1lb higher. The favourite for a reason. OR is 166. Carrying 11st 10lbs.
Silviniaco Conti: Weight was given against his old OR of 164 after he bombed out at Kempton on Boxing Day. Since then he hosed up over 2m5f at Ascot and saw his OR bounce to 169. Meaning he's 5lbs "well in". At the top of his game in the 2014/15 season his OR was 173 too. So, weight wise, he's very well in. However, he's never shown himself to get the Gold Cup distance of 3m 2f, and this is 4m. He's the classiest and quickest horse in the race...IF, and it's a big if, he gets to the end of the race, he should win. Carrying 11st 8lbs
The Last Samurai - The most "well in" horse I think I can remember in a Grade 3 handicap, let alone the National. His OR today is 161. So, officially, he's 5 lengths worse than Many Clouds (off equal weights) and 8 worse than Conti. Yet, he's only carrying 10st 8lbs, so 14lbs (equal to lengths) less than Conti and 16lbs less than Many Clouds. This is all because of his last race where he won well (after the National weights were announced), smashing the Druid's Nephew (even though he was carrying 6lbs less than the Druid's Nephew), on soft, which this ground will be. He jumps well and stays over 3ms. Trained by Kim Bailey, who's won the National (Mr Frisk) before. Has to have a chance.

Outside of these 3, who all look generously priced, in my opinion.

Holywell ran well at Cheltenham, is a spring horse and has raced at a higher level before.
A lot was thought of Kruzhlin, but he bombed at Cheltenham, finishing 15 lengths behind Holywell, when carrying 5lbs less....so, on that form, he's 20 lengths worse. The ground may have caused some of that, but I'd take Holywell any day over the two.
Shutthefrontdoor was fav last year (finished 5th), gets around, and has Geraghty on (now AP has retired). Wouldn't be surprised to see himin contention, but he's not been in great form this year.

It's the National, and, as they say, anything can happen; horses can be hampered, get brought down, get blocked in, be caught in the wrong pack, slip on loose turf on landing on the second trip round...there's lots of external factors coming into play. But, I think it one of those top 3 finished the race, they'll win. If they don't, Holywell would be my pick.

Clearly, if my Aintree tips today return nothing, ignore everything I've said!!
Aintree/Masters Golf on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 5248 viewsElHoop

Have had a few fivers on the first round leader - early starters in Herman, Dubuisson and Westwood.

Have had a fivers on those guys to win as well. Then I've also got Watson, Oosty, Matsuyama, Schwartzel and Reed. I always back loads.

Day always seems to be sick or has a bad back or something. He's too short a price for such a fragile beast. Rory has a chance but he seems a bit here and there at times. Spieth looks a bit out of sorts. There's plenty of other players good enough to win this. If I had to pick just one it would be Bubba as he's a genius and has won two of the last four - won, lost, won lost...
Aintree/Masters Golf on 13:02 - Apr 7 with 5229 viewsTheBlob

Aintree/Masters Golf on 12:53 - Apr 7 by ElHoop

Have had a few fivers on the first round leader - early starters in Herman, Dubuisson and Westwood.

Have had a fivers on those guys to win as well. Then I've also got Watson, Oosty, Matsuyama, Schwartzel and Reed. I always back loads.

Day always seems to be sick or has a bad back or something. He's too short a price for such a fragile beast. Rory has a chance but he seems a bit here and there at times. Spieth looks a bit out of sorts. There's plenty of other players good enough to win this. If I had to pick just one it would be Bubba as he's a genius and has won two of the last four - won, lost, won lost...

Yeah,have had a bet on the first round leader as well - Zack Johnson at 40/1.Jason Day has this vertigo problem and it could flare up at any time.

Aintree/Masters Golf on 13:07 - Apr 7 with 5221 viewsElHoop

As for Aintree:

1.40 would have gone for Arzal but yard not exactly firing. So have had fivers on the four outsiders.
2.15 Diego and Apple's Jade. Nicholls v Mullins is the theme of the meeting. My money is on Nicholls to keep the title. He's a tough competitor in this sort of situation.
2.50 Djakadam but it's really one to watch.
3.25 Can't oppose Annie here.
4.05 Pacha and Marasonnien to knock over the favourite.
4.40 Not got a clue.
5.15 No real idea but open race and Lastbutnotleast and Storm Patrol look fair e/w bets at the odds.
Aintree/Masters Golf on 13:35 - Apr 7 with 5179 viewsrunningman75

With all talk about Rory McIlroy , I think Justin Rose offers the best British hope in the masters. As for the Grand National have not got a clue but drew The Last Samurai in the office sweepstake.
Aintree/Masters Golf on 13:49 - Apr 7 with 5150 viewsHunterhoop

Well, I'll take that start!!

GET IN ARZAL!!

I have some big returning multiples with him in today. Still need a few others to win. But that is a very good result for me.
Aintree/Masters Golf on 13:55 - Apr 7 with 5134 viewsElHoop

Aintree/Masters Golf on 13:49 - Apr 7 by Hunterhoop

Well, I'll take that start!!

GET IN ARZAL!!

I have some big returning multiples with him in today. Still need a few others to win. But that is a very good result for me.

Yeah well done. Very annoyingfor me as i would have backed him if the yard had been looking in better form. Sheehan is my tip for the top - a very very good young jockey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024