Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much? 00:39 - Apr 12 with 6047 viewsalibaba

How much would the trust need to raise to buy enough shares to get to the milestone 25%?
How much? on 13:18 - Apr 12 with 1162 views3swan

How much? on 13:12 - Apr 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Surely if the Trust had £4M the trust's “pre-emption rights” would actually block the sale due to the insistence of the 75.1%

Even if they had the money it would still need a shareholder with enough shares to offer the sale to the Trust.

So yes that could block the sale, where does that leave the club? Would the rest of the shareholders be happy to carry on playing happy families when their chance of a nest egg has been taken away from them
How much? on 13:18 - Apr 12 with 1163 viewsalibaba

Any investment accepted by us, the fans, should be on the proviso that the trust gets to 25%. Then any investors coming in saying they want to "work with the fans" won't just be paying lip service.

I would advise the trust to get the ball rolling on recruiting new membership. I'm not currently a member but would be strongly inclined to do so now.
How much? on 13:19 - Apr 12 with 1163 viewsEasternJack

How much? on 13:00 - Apr 12 by 3swan

There has been no offer to buy the Trust's shares, they don't need to pay out more than achieving 75%.
It is good P.R. to say that they are happy with the Trust

Yes - and hopefully this remains the case. Ironically, the more successful the club is, the more incentive there is to dilute the shares.

I was fairly optimistic about this buy out as had been expecting it for a few months. A couple of hours on google since and I now have some major concerns on the track record and reputation of Levien

Strongly urge the trust to consider all options

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

How much? on 13:32 - Apr 12 with 1134 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much? on 13:18 - Apr 12 by 3swan

Even if they had the money it would still need a shareholder with enough shares to offer the sale to the Trust.

So yes that could block the sale, where does that leave the club? Would the rest of the shareholders be happy to carry on playing happy families when their chance of a nest egg has been taken away from them

What "happy families", they have sold the Trust and therefore the Fans down
the river with all their secrecy.
How much? on 13:35 - Apr 12 with 1132 viewsmax936

How much? on 12:13 - Apr 12 by Landore_Jack

How much does the Trust have in the bank?

Would the trust have accrued dividends like the other shareholders over the last few yrs and have they amounted to anything on which could act as security against a loan, l am just thinking aloud here so don't shoot me down, l haven't a clue myself and that's why lam asking.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 14:02]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How much? on 14:02 - Apr 12 with 1118 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much? on 13:35 - Apr 12 by max936

Would the trust have accrued dividends like the other shareholders over the last few yrs and have they amounted to anything on which could act as security against a loan, l am just thinking aloud here so don't shoot me down, l haven't a clue myself and that's why lam asking.

They appear to have about £800,000.
So only another £3.2M to go.
How much? on 14:48 - Apr 12 with 1071 viewsMatthew_117

How much? on 14:02 - Apr 12 by A_Fans_Dad

They appear to have about £800,000.
So only another £3.2M to go.

Wouldn't they need more than £4m?

If the buyers are offering £100m for roughly 72% of the shares (and since the other share holders are relinquishing their voting rights to the new owners to take them to 75.1%)

Then that means a single percentage point of shares are worth ~£1.3-£1.4m

So the trust would need ~£5.5m

Better set up that Kickstarter page
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 14:49]
How much? on 15:01 - Apr 12 with 1055 viewsjack247

How much? on 13:12 - Apr 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Surely if the Trust had £4M the trust's “pre-emption rights” would actually block the sale due to the insistence of the 75.1%

I'm sure it would. If the trust managed to get their stake to 25%, Im pretty certain the buyers would pull out. We would be much less attractive to this type of invester and it would be an albatross around the existing shareholders necks.

Unfortunately, I think it's a moot point as that's a ridiculous amount for supporters to try and raise, even then we would need to find a minority shareholder or someone willing to sell some of his shares and retain the rest. Sad fact is they seem to want to cash all their chips.
Login to get fewer ads

How much? on 15:08 - Apr 12 with 1045 viewsshandyjack

How much? on 15:01 - Apr 12 by jack247

I'm sure it would. If the trust managed to get their stake to 25%, Im pretty certain the buyers would pull out. We would be much less attractive to this type of invester and it would be an albatross around the existing shareholders necks.

Unfortunately, I think it's a moot point as that's a ridiculous amount for supporters to try and raise, even then we would need to find a minority shareholder or someone willing to sell some of his shares and retain the rest. Sad fact is they seem to want to cash all their chips.

not really, if the trust had the money then they get first dibs on any shares up for sale. however like you say there is no way the trust could come up with the money in time

Poll: Expectation for the season

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024