Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 51560 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 21:44 - Apr 18 with 3200 views49thseason

Season tickets on 19:33 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Please tell me the fixture board isn't a thing again?

This may see me off.

Of course it is. It's symptomatic of the whole bloody problem. How can anyone make a spur of the moment decision to go to a match if they don't know when there is one, who is playing, or how much it will cost them? We, the supporters, have been banging the same drum to the same beat for eons and nothing significant ever changes. Why buy the ground if you don't have a plan to fill it? if you have a plan why keep it a secret? Why put crucial interviews and information video's on a channel that is so useless no one except the utterly desperate use it?
The entertainment industry is about communicating to your customers about what a good time they will get for their hard-earned. When customers talk, managers should listen and act. the same old same old has been going on for too long. I have been dragging myself to Spotland for well over 50 years, man and boy, and the only really noticable change has been the loss of the smell of Park Drives from 200 yards away. The rest is the same mickey mouse, tin pot, unimaginative rubbish that makes people with more sense than I obviously have, start to do other things instead.
Season tickets on 21:48 - Apr 18 with 3168 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 21:44 - Apr 18 by 49thseason

Of course it is. It's symptomatic of the whole bloody problem. How can anyone make a spur of the moment decision to go to a match if they don't know when there is one, who is playing, or how much it will cost them? We, the supporters, have been banging the same drum to the same beat for eons and nothing significant ever changes. Why buy the ground if you don't have a plan to fill it? if you have a plan why keep it a secret? Why put crucial interviews and information video's on a channel that is so useless no one except the utterly desperate use it?
The entertainment industry is about communicating to your customers about what a good time they will get for their hard-earned. When customers talk, managers should listen and act. the same old same old has been going on for too long. I have been dragging myself to Spotland for well over 50 years, man and boy, and the only really noticable change has been the loss of the smell of Park Drives from 200 yards away. The rest is the same mickey mouse, tin pot, unimaginative rubbish that makes people with more sense than I obviously have, start to do other things instead.

"Why put crucial interviews and information video's on a channel that is so useless no one except the utterly desperate use it?"

That's made my night 49th!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets on 22:05 - Apr 18 with 3101 viewsRosun

Season tickets on 21:48 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

"Why put crucial interviews and information video's on a channel that is so useless no one except the utterly desperate use it?"

That's made my night 49th!

What? You mean like a Rochdale AFC YouTube channel like every other professionally marketed team has? Instead of the one's who are locked into template football club websites? Dale Player / Shaker player etc
Nah. This internet thing will never catch on.
Season tickets on 22:14 - Apr 18 with 3067 views442Dale

Season tickets on 21:19 - Apr 18 by Luke8686

Just e-mailed this to Frances:

Hello Frances,

Loyal Rochdale fan in peace. Can you please reconsider your pricing for season tickets for next season? I don't get to many home games, mostly away because of where I live but just like every other fan, I love my club and I would like to see a few more fans attend our games.

Having looked at our current prices for season tickets for next season, I honestly can't see how our fanbase is going to grow. I appreciate your strategy of targeting the younger generation and I agree that is a good long-term investment, but what about the short-term? Most fans will be paying more for their season ticket next season, despite being advertised as a price freeze, and regardless of the incentive of vouchers available in the special promotion period, there has been a hostile reception on social media and lots of fans will not renew. Surely we should be trying incentives to entice more fans to Spotland and not alienate them?!

I appreciate all the hard work you've done for the club, but I really think the club is scoring a massive own-goal here and I can only see our attendances falling further next season if these prices are kept. We already have the lowest crowds in League One and I understand there are financial reasons for our prices but we are alienating our fans, and are going to struggle to attract new ones, particularly when there are much more attractive alternatives in the Rochdale area.

Surely now is the perfect time to try something radical to get the crowds up - we are undoubtedly having the best season in our history. There is a big market for growth in Rochdale and it needs to be tapped into!

The kids aren't going to come to Spotland unless their full-paying parent/guardian is willing to attend!

Thanks for taking the time to read my e-mail and I really hope there is a response from the club about this issue.

Kind regards,

Luke

Good email that.

What it needs now is some appreciation for how fans are feeling. As previous emails have been passed on, you'd expect a response tomorrow , if only to shift focus back onto what is a massive game.

Right now, all they've done is distract fans from supporting the team.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets on 22:24 - Apr 18 with 3019 viewsR17ALE

Season tickets on 21:44 - Apr 18 by 49thseason

I love you! You're our very own Victor Meldrew, but you do it better!

Not a dig, a genuine compliment!

I'm expecting to see your head appear on our centre spot when the ball is removed!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season tickets on 22:35 - Apr 18 with 2961 viewsjudd

Is it only me not seeing the positives in this announcement? There is no price increase in season tickets if you factor in the fact that discounts from last season have been discounted when you think that the discount was discounted for the coming season meaning that the less you will pay may actually only appear adverse to what you will part with relatively sort of. Potentially. And further positive news is that our 8 to 11 year olds now join the completely FREE ticket brigade saving a whopping £79 on last season in return for a tenner. Yes, free for only TEN POUNDS. Same as the 0 to 7 year olds free tickets for a tenner. Now don't forget our half time game of spin to erm...When did we become bury?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season tickets on 22:53 - Apr 18 with 2889 viewsRosun

Hi Judd.
£308 last year £345 next year
Price freeze based on price change between early bird price option and take it or leave price less 25 quid.
Season tickets on 23:02 - Apr 18 with 2852 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 22:53 - Apr 18 by Rosun

Hi Judd.
£308 last year £345 next year
Price freeze based on price change between early bird price option and take it or leave price less 25 quid.

Nailed it. If you think of that 4 as the 2 in the discount then clearly the new found thinking is self explanatory. If you then take 2 from 2 it becomes nought which equates to how you should think of what you are actually paying. Now pay attention to the strategy. We have aimed our growth in attendance strategy at the young kids running around in Aguero or Vardys shirts nagging their dad's to part with free money worth a tenner plus £345 -£25 +£25 so they can go to games but not on a school night x 37,000 x 2 and bingo. The existing mugs erm punters will cough up. I like it.

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 23:02 - Apr 18 with 2851 views442Dale

Season tickets on 22:35 - Apr 18 by judd

Is it only me not seeing the positives in this announcement? There is no price increase in season tickets if you factor in the fact that discounts from last season have been discounted when you think that the discount was discounted for the coming season meaning that the less you will pay may actually only appear adverse to what you will part with relatively sort of. Potentially. And further positive news is that our 8 to 11 year olds now join the completely FREE ticket brigade saving a whopping £79 on last season in return for a tenner. Yes, free for only TEN POUNDS. Same as the 0 to 7 year olds free tickets for a tenner. Now don't forget our half time game of spin to erm...When did we become bury?

Is the answer 12% of 25-40 year olds remember the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man not being able to use his money off voucher on a 95/96 away shirt as they'd already knocked a quid off as part of the Easter sales?

Season tickets on 23:04 - Apr 18 with 2843 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 23:02 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Is the answer 12% of 25-40 year olds remember the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man not being able to use his money off voucher on a 95/96 away shirt as they'd already knocked a quid off as part of the Easter sales?

Is it fook. That was Rooney modelling off field attire for England in France 2016.

Season tickets on 23:04 - Apr 18 with 2836 views442Dale

Season tickets on 23:02 - Apr 18 by judd

Nailed it. If you think of that 4 as the 2 in the discount then clearly the new found thinking is self explanatory. If you then take 2 from 2 it becomes nought which equates to how you should think of what you are actually paying. Now pay attention to the strategy. We have aimed our growth in attendance strategy at the young kids running around in Aguero or Vardys shirts nagging their dad's to part with free money worth a tenner plus £345 -£25 +£25 so they can go to games but not on a school night x 37,000 x 2 and bingo. The existing mugs erm punters will cough up. I like it.

Sorry. I meant that dinosaur from the Doncaster game.

He was from the Rochdale borough. Luckily.

Season tickets on 23:05 - Apr 18 with 2831 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 23:04 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Sorry. I meant that dinosaur from the Doncaster game.

He was from the Rochdale borough. Luckily.

Ferguson?

Season tickets on 23:06 - Apr 18 with 2828 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 23:04 - Apr 18 by judd

Is it fook. That was Rooney modelling off field attire for England in France 2016.

Where were the red socks?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season tickets on 23:07 - Apr 18 with 2824 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 23:06 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Discounted

Season tickets on 23:08 - Apr 18 with 2820 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 23:07 - Apr 18 by judd

Discounted

Disconnected?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season tickets on 23:10 - Apr 18 with 2813 views442Dale

Season tickets on 23:06 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Mystery voucher 11.

Or 12.

Who knows what number it is, we're that lucky.

Season tickets on 23:10 - Apr 18 with 2812 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 23:08 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Disconnected?

Arf!

Season tickets on 23:42 - Apr 18 with 2754 viewsDalenet

Season tickets on 22:35 - Apr 18 by judd

The kids initiative is a good one but there is no need to charge the £10 admin fee. The 10.7% rise in the amount I need to pay in cash for my season ticket year on year is not a claimed "no increase". I don't mind the club saying that prices have gone up but trying to cover it up is just plain wrong. £407 for league one football is just wrong. We can't even manage to get all of our Saturday games on for that price. For me this is a slap around the chops - I know no other business that has decided to its prices up by more than 10% this year for its so called loyal customers when inflation is less than 1% and the club made a paper profit of more than £1m. Bingo.

Just wrong!
Season tickets on 23:52 - Apr 18 with 2727 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 23:42 - Apr 18 by Dalenet

The kids initiative is a good one but there is no need to charge the £10 admin fee. The 10.7% rise in the amount I need to pay in cash for my season ticket year on year is not a claimed "no increase". I don't mind the club saying that prices have gone up but trying to cover it up is just plain wrong. £407 for league one football is just wrong. We can't even manage to get all of our Saturday games on for that price. For me this is a slap around the chops - I know no other business that has decided to its prices up by more than 10% this year for its so called loyal customers when inflation is less than 1% and the club made a paper profit of more than £1m. Bingo.

Just wrong!

Damn right about Bingo

Season tickets on 00:37 - Apr 19 with 2669 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 23:52 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

Damn right about Bingo

The club certainly seem to know how to Mecca mess of these announcement's.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 05:52 - Apr 19 with 2586 viewsonedalefan

Season tickets on 23:42 - Apr 18 by Dalenet

Just wrong!

You make a good point about loyal supporters. The majority of 'early bird' purchases would be by people who go week in, week out and would have brought their tickets as soon as available. These are the ones who now have been hit with a price increase as a 'thank you' for your support in the past which also acted as a cash injection to the club over the summer period.
Season tickets on 07:16 - Apr 19 with 2522 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 05:52 - Apr 19 by onedalefan

You make a good point about loyal supporters. The majority of 'early bird' purchases would be by people who go week in, week out and would have brought their tickets as soon as available. These are the ones who now have been hit with a price increase as a 'thank you' for your support in the past which also acted as a cash injection to the club over the summer period.

The only advantage the Club reap from Season Ticket holders is a lump of money which they then utilised to keep the Club ticking over during the close season. The fact we now have money in the bank means the 250,000 pounds they raise from ST sales ( plucked that figure out of the air) is no longer urgently ring fenced like it was in the past. Early Bird is no longer beneficial to the Club.

Maybe the Club actively want to decrease the number of full paying Season Ticket holders and want to gamble on those fans still attending for most of the season paying out more than there Season Ticket. I think there's plenty of us willing to assist with that experiment.Being a Football fan is similar to being a junky or a smoker, it's not easy just to stop for a lot of abbitual users. It's also not easy trying to make sense of these prices so I'm looking at it from a different angle.

Now we've had time to sleep on this I think it's time to let it go and just decide what you want to do. The Chairman and Directors have made their decision and they aren't forcing us to purchase in any way, so the ball is in the fans court. The pricing policy just makes you realise the fans are probably the only ones who can see how serious the effects of dwindling crowds will be further down the line. Hill won't be here forever and League One is never a guarantee. Anyway, nobody can say the fans kept schtum on the issue.

Time to leave this alone now and try to get the focus back onto tonight's game.
Season tickets on 07:35 - Apr 19 with 2487 viewsrochedale

With the biggest game of the season this evening, let's hope for an announcement that the board are reconsidering to endure the negativity on here doesn't spread to the ground tonight. This couldn't have come at a worse time.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Season tickets on 07:50 - Apr 19 with 2461 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 07:16 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

The only advantage the Club reap from Season Ticket holders is a lump of money which they then utilised to keep the Club ticking over during the close season. The fact we now have money in the bank means the 250,000 pounds they raise from ST sales ( plucked that figure out of the air) is no longer urgently ring fenced like it was in the past. Early Bird is no longer beneficial to the Club.

Maybe the Club actively want to decrease the number of full paying Season Ticket holders and want to gamble on those fans still attending for most of the season paying out more than there Season Ticket. I think there's plenty of us willing to assist with that experiment.Being a Football fan is similar to being a junky or a smoker, it's not easy just to stop for a lot of abbitual users. It's also not easy trying to make sense of these prices so I'm looking at it from a different angle.

Now we've had time to sleep on this I think it's time to let it go and just decide what you want to do. The Chairman and Directors have made their decision and they aren't forcing us to purchase in any way, so the ball is in the fans court. The pricing policy just makes you realise the fans are probably the only ones who can see how serious the effects of dwindling crowds will be further down the line. Hill won't be here forever and League One is never a guarantee. Anyway, nobody can say the fans kept schtum on the issue.

I agree, and for what it's worth I think that's what Porlicks was alluding to last night, although it'd be better if he just spat it out instead of trying to be ironic.

There's a big game on tonight, it's looking like a beautiful day and I'm up for it. No Daley should let ST pricing come between him and his football team. Or hers.

Season tickets on 08:36 - Apr 19 with 2387 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 07:16 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Yes sleep is a great thing. A new day and a massive game to look forward to.
I paid £333 for this season's ticket.
£370 - £25 voucher = £345 next season.
£12 extra

I'll just forget about the 2 kids £20 extra admin fees for now.

Up the Dale.............Come on lets beat these Gills!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024