Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillcroft Mk2 ? 21:34 - Apr 20 with 14411 viewsroccydaleian

Off to Bolton?
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/20/hold-to-9am-bolton-consider-home-grown-drea
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 6420 views49thseason

Oh FFS!
That will put the mockers on season ticket sales if nobody denies it quickly.
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 21:52 - Apr 20 with 6379 viewsSuddenLad

Well, season ticket sales will pale into insigificance if that rumour has any legs. Just about the worst possible scenario imaginable for Dale and for the future of the club..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 21:56 - Apr 20 with 6352 viewsrubycon

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 21:47 - Apr 20 by 49thseason

Oh FFS!
That will put the mockers on season ticket sales if nobody denies it quickly.

that would be a big risk for hilly I reckon as they are in big financial trouble and could do a Blackpool.
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:05 - Apr 20 with 6293 viewsTalkingSutty

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 21:56 - Apr 20 by rubycon

that would be a big risk for hilly I reckon as they are in big financial trouble and could do a Blackpool.

Why the surprise, I've been mentioning it for the last couple of weeks. Right Club, wrong time but money will always talk. It will tick a lot of boxes for Hill and once Brown dropped out of the equation that's when I became very worried.
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:11 - Apr 20 with 6233 viewsfitzochris

I wouldn't be surprised, as I said on the other thread a while ago.

We'd be fooked like.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:14 - Apr 20 with 6208 viewsnordenblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:05 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

Why the surprise, I've been mentioning it for the last couple of weeks. Right Club, wrong time but money will always talk. It will tick a lot of boxes for Hill and once Brown dropped out of the equation that's when I became very worried.

He's done it before so don't be surprised at him doing it again,if he holds out for a ridiculous contract he'll never need to work again regardless of results!!
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:23 - Apr 20 with 6154 viewsRAFCBLUE

100% true.

Fair play to Hill - he deserves this. 2nd spell with Rochdale and a 2nd promotion and this time he won't need to relocate or move house.

Worry for our neighbours down the road. Flitcroft makes them what they are - a poor parody of Dale.

Bolton aim to be next season's Wigan. Both Hill and Flitcroft deserve a lot of praise and success and will do well there as homegrown lads.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:27 - Apr 20 with 6121 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:14 - Apr 20 by nordenblue

He's done it before so don't be surprised at him doing it again,if he holds out for a ridiculous contract he'll never need to work again regardless of results!!

I'm not sure Hill is that money orientated and besides that Bolton won't be paying daft wages now they are in Lge 1. If they do want him I've no doubt that he'll go - massive potential if he gets it right - and there's no reason to doubt that he would.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:28 - Apr 20 with 6123 views442Dale

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:23 - Apr 20 by RAFCBLUE

100% true.

Fair play to Hill - he deserves this. 2nd spell with Rochdale and a 2nd promotion and this time he won't need to relocate or move house.

Worry for our neighbours down the road. Flitcroft makes them what they are - a poor parody of Dale.

Bolton aim to be next season's Wigan. Both Hill and Flitcroft deserve a lot of praise and success and will do well there as homegrown lads.

100%?

Sources are speaking then?

And I'd worry for us more if it happened. What plan is in place?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:29 - Apr 20 with 6100 viewsrochdale1987

We'll be back to watching league 2 fodder in no time if this happens
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:32 - Apr 20 with 6056 viewsDale_Mike

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/bolton/next-permanent-mana

Not on the odds list... yet
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:35 - Apr 20 with 6022 viewssykeboy

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:28 - Apr 20 by 442Dale

100%?

Sources are speaking then?

And I'd worry for us more if it happened. What plan is in place?

Chris Beech & BBM would surely be given the chance and continue the ways of Hilly.
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 6019 viewsDannyG_RAFC

No
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:37 - Apr 20 with 5992 viewsTalkingSutty

100% true.

On the short list of names, the Bolton Chairman stated last week that one of them could even walk to work ( lived in the vicinity) and two of the three were already in managerial positions.
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:39 - Apr 20 with 5975 viewsnordenblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:27 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure Hill is that money orientated and besides that Bolton won't be paying daft wages now they are in Lge 1. If they do want him I've no doubt that he'll go - massive potential if he gets it right - and there's no reason to doubt that he would.

Yes im sure he's only doing the current job for the love of the club..Whilst he has a mortgage,wife and kid/s he will always be looking for extra money don't worry about that one.

You mean like Wigan,Sheffield United,Barnsley,Coventry etc don't pay daft wages either now they're in league 1.
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:40 - Apr 20 with 5957 viewsdingdangblue

100% true.

Why would they be next seasons Wigan? They'll have nothing like the money Wigan have had with their £15million parachute payment.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:43 - Apr 20 with 5927 viewsSuddenLad

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:39 - Apr 20 by nordenblue

Yes im sure he's only doing the current job for the love of the club..Whilst he has a mortgage,wife and kid/s he will always be looking for extra money don't worry about that one.

You mean like Wigan,Sheffield United,Barnsley,Coventry etc don't pay daft wages either now they're in league 1.

According to local press, it seems that the only current player at Bolton to be playing there next season will be Zak Clough.

The rest will be released or sent packing with a pay off.

That gives the incoming manager a clean sheet to operate with and all summer to get the players he wants on whatever budget he has.

As things stand, I expect Bolton to struggle in League One. If Hill gets the job, they will be promoted back to the Championship.

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:52 - Apr 20 with 5870 viewsmacro

I don’t think Hill would consider Bolton, once bitten twice shy. Joint managers don’t work and would Flitcroft agree to be a number 2. I could see Flitcroft going for it though
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:52 - Apr 20 with 5864 viewsnordenblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:43 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

According to local press, it seems that the only current player at Bolton to be playing there next season will be Zak Clough.

That gives the incoming manager a clean sheet to operate with and all summer to get the players he wants on whatever budget he has.

As things stand, I expect Bolton to struggle in League One. If Hill gets the job, they will be promoted back to the Championship.

Clough will be long gone he's far far too good for league 1 to be fair
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:55 - Apr 20 with 5843 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:39 - Apr 20 by nordenblue

I very much doubt they'd be paying him a salary where he would 'never have to work again'? Your words!

He's still in his 40's!

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 23:05 - Apr 20 with 5809 viewsTalkingSutty

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:43 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

Agree with that, hope it doesn't happen but this time it's different than the Barnsley scenario. Personally I think he's taken us probably as far as he can, our support base dictates that i reckon,and last nights attendance really hits home. He deserves a bigger stage and it must be hard to keep motivating himself and trying to push back the tide.

If it is to be the end then what a way to go, Stadium secured, record profits and highest points total in league one. He owes us nothing. We would have another big problem though and that would be the amount of players who are coming to the end of their contracts and that's a lot of talent to lose.

Strap yourself in we could be about to enter a bit more turbulence.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 6:50]
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 23:26 - Apr 20 with 5733 viewsSuddenLad

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 23:05 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that, hope it doesn't happen but this time it's different than the Barnsley scenario. Personally I think he's taken us probably as far as he can, our support base dictates that i reckon,and last nights attendance really hits home. He deserves a bigger stage and it must be hard to keep motivating himself and trying to push back the tide.

If it is to be the end then what a way to go, Stadium secured, record profits and highest points total in league one. He owes us nothing. We would have another big problem though and that would be the amount of players who are coming to the end of their contracts and that's a lot of talent to lose.

Turbulence ?? It will cause a whirlwind.

Some of these players are only at Spotland because Keith Hill is manager and in some cases only signed contract extensions for the same reason.

Removing the biggest incentive they have for staying here will almost inevitably cause the Dale bandwagon to derail.

Forgive me, but this scenario, at this stage, has disaster written all over it.

If you add this to the season ticket farce, the likely consequences are unthinkable.

This rumour, if untrue, needs killing stone dead at 9.00am tomorrow morning. The longer any silence remains will only fuel the fire of uncertainty when we are looking to steady the ship from the last 72 hours.

A statement of some kind needs to be made to allay fears or confirm the story so that supporters aren't fed more crap.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 23:35]

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 23:29 - Apr 20 with 5717 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 23:05 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

We haven't got our highest lge1 points total yet.
68 in 10/11

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 06:31 - Apr 21 with 5447 viewsnordenblue

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 22:55 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

I very much doubt they'd be paying him a salary where he would 'never have to work again'? Your words!

He's still in his 40's!

My words from where?
They'd pay him twice+ what's he's currently on here,to suggest he's doing the job for anything other than money is laughable regardless of his age
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 8:01]
Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 06:32 - Apr 21 with 5447 viewsTalkingSutty

Hillcroft Mk2 ? on 23:26 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

Turbulence ?? It will cause a whirlwind.

Some of these players are only at Spotland because Keith Hill is manager and in some cases only signed contract extensions for the same reason.

Removing the biggest incentive they have for staying here will almost inevitably cause the Dale bandwagon to derail.

Forgive me, but this scenario, at this stage, has disaster written all over it.

If you add this to the season ticket farce, the likely consequences are unthinkable.

This rumour, if untrue, needs killing stone dead at 9.00am tomorrow morning. The longer any silence remains will only fuel the fire of uncertainty when we are looking to steady the ship from the last 72 hours.

A statement of some kind needs to be made to allay fears or confirm the story so that supporters aren't fed more crap.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 23:35]

Even if the Club make a statement to that effect you know yourself it means absolutely nothing, the person who makes the decision will be the manager not the Chairman or Director, they can't force him to stay and what would be the point of that?

I've long thought that Hill would always be suited to managing Bolton and everytime he drives past the ground or visits the retail park ( which he probably does) he will look at the Stadium with envy. The circumstances aren't brilliant at Bolton,but isn't that always the case when managers walk into a new job? The hassle will be offset with the salary he would be paid and if it all goes pear shaped people will always cite the internal turmoil at the Club as being the reason,so his reputation wouldn't be tarnished that much.

There's no doubt he could do a great job at Bolton but I think he's going to have to change his style, one things for certain he won't be given a free role and he will be under far more scrutiny from the fans than he was at Spotland. He struggles with that , ask any Barnsley fan.

Who would we look at replacing him with? Chris Beech seems the obvious answer but there's something that worries me about that appointment. I listened to his pre- match Blackpool interview on Dale Player last week and it nearly sent me to sleep. Beechy himself looked half asleep and I wonder if he is actually a leader of men and a motivator. Does he have the dynamic or a big enough personality to attract new players to the Club or is he better coaching the younger players or acting as an assistant? He's responsible for bringing through some really good youth players so he's obviously a talented coach.

Maybe BBM could come into the frame, not sure if he is ready but I have heard some good things about him. Maybe Hill would look at taking them both to Bolton with him if that is in fact what happens. The speculation can all be put to bed today by the manager coming out and stating he is staying at Rochdale but I don't see any chance whatsoever of that happening unfortunately.

I don't automatically think the Club are destined to go into free fall neither if Hill moves on. The next appointment could prove to be a big success, it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 7:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024