Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum announced 14:10 - Jul 15 with 7533 views_dezzy

Thurs 28th july 7pm

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fans-forum-announced-3187565.a

KHBA

Fans forum announced on 14:28 - Jul 15 with 5595 viewsTalkingSutty

I wont be in Rochdale to attend next Thursday but if somebody would volunteer to ask my question i would appreciate it?
Fans forum announced on 14:34 - Jul 15 with 5577 viewsMoonyDale

I'll ask it TS you can pm me with it or stick it on here.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Fans forum announced on 14:35 - Jul 15 with 5579 viewsalderleydale

Fans forum announced on 14:28 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

I wont be in Rochdale to attend next Thursday but if somebody would volunteer to ask my question i would appreciate it?

Is it not a week on Thurs Sutty??
Fans forum announced on 14:37 - Jul 15 with 5575 views442Dale

Fans forum announced on 14:28 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

It's a week on Thursday, TS. I'm away that week too, so if anyone could ask for a breakdown in season ticket sales to gauge how successful the new initiatives have been, it would be appreciated. With response being "over-whelming", it'll be good to hear how well things have gone.

Is that something the Trust could do on behalf of supporters - gather questions in advance?

Edit: by breakdown, how many sold in each age category.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 14:40]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum announced on 14:57 - Jul 15 with 5518 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 14:34 - Jul 15 by MoonyDale

I'll ask it TS you can pm me with it or stick it on here.....

Thanks MD, mixed up the dates,will probably be able to attend myself now, If not i will PM you,its nothing tricky,honest!!
With fishing trips, Test Matches and footy friendlies over the next couple of weeks i need to keep on the right side of the mrs. Going out again to the forum cud aggravate her!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 15:02]
Fans forum announced on 15:45 - Jul 15 with 5438 viewsroccydaleian

Fans forum announced on 14:37 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

It's a week on Thursday, TS. I'm away that week too, so if anyone could ask for a breakdown in season ticket sales to gauge how successful the new initiatives have been, it would be appreciated. With response being "over-whelming", it'll be good to hear how well things have gone.

Is that something the Trust could do on behalf of supporters - gather questions in advance?

Edit: by breakdown, how many sold in each age category.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 14:40]

That's what I'll be asking. Don't think I'll get a definitive answer though.
Fans forum announced on 15:58 - Jul 15 with 5408 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 15:45 - Jul 15 by roccydaleian

That's what I'll be asking. Don't think I'll get a definitive answer though.

My question is to the manager.... After overseeing 2 of the most successful periods that the club has ever seen, how does he feel about the fact that home crowds are decreasing instead of increasing. What effect do the low crowds have on himself and the players and what reason can he put forward to explain fans seemingly drifting away from the Club. It must be soul destroying for him when the team run out at Spotland at times? Thats it.
Fans forum announced on 18:17 - Jul 15 with 5298 viewsLuke8686

Fans forum announced on 15:58 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

My question is to the manager.... After overseeing 2 of the most successful periods that the club has ever seen, how does he feel about the fact that home crowds are decreasing instead of increasing. What effect do the low crowds have on himself and the players and what reason can he put forward to explain fans seemingly drifting away from the Club. It must be soul destroying for him when the team run out at Spotland at times? Thats it.

Hilly has slated our crowd on many occasions, most notably when we won 4-0 at home to Crewe and our crowd was under 2000. He has mentioned a 'disconnect' between the fans and players so I'm pretty sure he won't be pleased with our decreasing crowds. I'd just like to know if our under 11's initiative is working and if not what other ideas do the club have going forward?
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum announced on 18:28 - Jul 15 with 5288 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Fans forum announced on 18:17 - Jul 15 by Luke8686

Hilly has slated our crowd on many occasions, most notably when we won 4-0 at home to Crewe and our crowd was under 2000. He has mentioned a 'disconnect' between the fans and players so I'm pretty sure he won't be pleased with our decreasing crowds. I'd just like to know if our under 11's initiative is working and if not what other ideas do the club have going forward?

I've asked a few mates who have children at different schools
Wardle st James, st Mary's Littleborough, St. Andrews dearnley, kentmere smallbridge, none are aware of anything from Rochdale fc
Fans forum announced on 21:40 - Jul 15 with 5143 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 18:17 - Jul 15 by Luke8686

It's not an easy one this though. The Directors have gone down the road of trying to improve the Crowds by targeting the kids, in all honesty they have no more experience in this than we do, it's a decision they have made and obviously we will see if it's proved to be correct.

If the figures don't add up let's refrain from trying to score points, because decisions are made with the best intentions. Increasing the Crowd can't be done in one season anyway I don't think, slashing season tickets sounds great but you can understand the reluctance to go down that route. Hilly mentioned a disconnection so maybe we should look at the next few years to try different pricing policies, the type of policies that encompasses ALL of the fanbase rather than just one age group, nobody feels put on or disconnected then.

There's always been disconnection between some of the fans and Hilly anyway, it doesn't bother him and it doesn't bother those who challenge his views, we're all grown up. I don't think Hillys particularly arsed anyway which is quite refreshing. I think we are used to it and like Hilly stated, there's always ups and downs in a marriage. I don't know one fan who doesn't respect his managerial abilities though.

Continue to agree and disagree but don't lose sight that we are all in the same boat and what's best for the Club is what really matters. It's not fair to keep asking the same people to keep forking out without exploring every avenue available to increase the Crowd base, that's got to involve a reduced pricing policy for Adult tickets in order to attract back the ones that have been priced out and there are loads of them.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 21:56]
Fans forum announced on 22:38 - Jul 15 with 5090 viewspioneer

Fans forum announced on 21:40 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

It's not an easy one this though. The Directors have gone down the road of trying to improve the Crowds by targeting the kids, in all honesty they have no more experience in this than we do, it's a decision they have made and obviously we will see if it's proved to be correct.

If the figures don't add up let's refrain from trying to score points, because decisions are made with the best intentions. Increasing the Crowd can't be done in one season anyway I don't think, slashing season tickets sounds great but you can understand the reluctance to go down that route. Hilly mentioned a disconnection so maybe we should look at the next few years to try different pricing policies, the type of policies that encompasses ALL of the fanbase rather than just one age group, nobody feels put on or disconnected then.

There's always been disconnection between some of the fans and Hilly anyway, it doesn't bother him and it doesn't bother those who challenge his views, we're all grown up. I don't think Hillys particularly arsed anyway which is quite refreshing. I think we are used to it and like Hilly stated, there's always ups and downs in a marriage. I don't know one fan who doesn't respect his managerial abilities though.

Continue to agree and disagree but don't lose sight that we are all in the same boat and what's best for the Club is what really matters. It's not fair to keep asking the same people to keep forking out without exploring every avenue available to increase the Crowd base, that's got to involve a reduced pricing policy for Adult tickets in order to attract back the ones that have been priced out and there are loads of them.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 21:56]

its notureasonable to ask about why a policy that has been aimed at kids, at the expense of the hrad core regular season ticket holdershas not been supported with action, in terms of promoting the kids free ST in schools..

They made a boo boo and need to admit it.

I am sick of hearing about what wonderful people they are...they increased the price of season tickets for the most loyal of our small fan base and its still cheaper to get a ST for city than for Dale.

Mr Dunphy, please explain.
Fans forum announced on 23:13 - Jul 15 with 5073 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 22:38 - Jul 15 by pioneer

its notureasonable to ask about why a policy that has been aimed at kids, at the expense of the hrad core regular season ticket holdershas not been supported with action, in terms of promoting the kids free ST in schools..

I am sick of hearing about what wonderful people they are...they increased the price of season tickets for the most loyal of our small fan base and its still cheaper to get a ST for city than for Dale.

There's been a big uptake on the free tickets though from what we are led to believe, I don't know how schools have been targeted but was assured there was going to be a big push during the past month. Like I said,i don't know how that's progressed.

I don't know any of the Directors apart from having a brief chat so not sure how wonderful they are, i trust them to do what they think is in the best interests of the Club not necessarily the best interests of the fans. They make decisions without consulting the customers/ fans, so by doing that leave themselves open to criticism. That's always the case when you think you know best, an increase in ST sales and revenue will prove them to be correct.

I look on the Chairman and Directors as the shopkeepers, they set the prices and the customers respond accordingly, there's not many customers coming through the door though is there? The shops stocked full of great produce but for most of the people they can't afford it. It needs a Sale to get the customers back through the door. This seemed the ideal Season to just give it a go but it wasn't to be.
Fans forum announced on 23:14 - Jul 15 with 5072 views442Dale

Fans forum announced on 22:38 - Jul 15 by pioneer

Sure that if you asked him at the forum he would explain. Oh yeah, would anyone want to report back on the answers for those of us unable to attend?

As TS says, it not a case of scoring points or anyone admitting mistakes were made (if indeed they were), more that there's an acceptance that lessons can be learnt to benefit the club and supporters in the future.

Fans forum announced on 00:28 - Jul 16 with 5028 viewsmikehunt

Leave the crowd thing. Christ, how often do we have to go down that road. The only sure fire way of ascertaining how many people we could expect to turn up at a match is by making a meaningful game free. I think the answer that would give is too scary to contemplate. If we want a club to support we have to bite the bullet. I can afford it but I too have a limit.
But check other clubs. I bet not too many are basking in increased attendances. Monitor Burton's crowds. See how many extra home fans they actually get. Particularly if they don't do well.
My main concern would be our recruitment policy but, as people point out, things tend to sort themselves out under Hilly.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fans forum announced on 06:56 - Jul 16 with 4954 viewsroccydaleian

Fans forum announced on 00:28 - Jul 16 by mikehunt

Leave the crowd thing. Christ, how often do we have to go down that road. The only sure fire way of ascertaining how many people we could expect to turn up at a match is by making a meaningful game free. I think the answer that would give is too scary to contemplate. If we want a club to support we have to bite the bullet. I can afford it but I too have a limit.
But check other clubs. I bet not too many are basking in increased attendances. Monitor Burton's crowds. See how many extra home fans they actually get. Particularly if they don't do well.
My main concern would be our recruitment policy but, as people point out, things tend to sort themselves out under Hilly.

We'll talk about the weather then eh? The crowd issues have been done to death on here, and they interlink with other thinks mentioned like ST's, atmosphere etc. The forum is a great way of asking the people who make these decisions why've they done so, and if mistakes have been made, will they do anything to rectify it.
Fans forum announced on 07:44 - Jul 16 with 4932 viewsrochedale

Fans forum announced on 18:28 - Jul 15 by TrueDaleBlue

I've asked a few mates who have children at different schools
Wardle st James, st Mary's Littleborough, St. Andrews dearnley, kentmere smallbridge, none are aware of anything from Rochdale fc

I think the club have to be careful how they promote the kids 'free' season tickets. Imagine if they went to or informed every single primary school in the borough to give out the info on the tickets and really promoted them, many parents might think 'great, I'll get one of these, for the sake of a tenner, if I only get little Billy to 3 or 4 games it won't matter as its only cost me a tenner.' They could get rid of 6,7,8000 of these leaving us with 2000 spaces in the ground, which would cause problems for our big games.

So ideally the club only want those tickets going to kids who are going to use regularly.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Fans forum announced on 08:00 - Jul 16 with 4920 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 00:28 - Jul 16 by mikehunt

The crowd issue is my biggest worry concerning the future of the Club and it has been for ages. When we where crap I used to accept that was the reason for having nearly the lowest home support in the Football League.

The past ten years have been a great time to be a Dale fan and Hillys produced some fantastic teams. We are now in a higher division, yet the Crowds are worse than when he first took over in league two, or not far off. My biggest worry now is what happens when we go through a few years of poor form on the pitch because make no mistake that will happen, it happens at every Club.

If we can't be creative in our thinking now when it comes to getting people in the Stadium it will never happen, you try to fix the roof when the suns shining and I don't think there's been enough urgency shown to the problem. The real value is attracting back missing fans or enticing new supporters who can put cash through the turnstiles even if they can't afford the current price, maybe next time they can be targeted ? Just my opinion that's all and others may think differently.

Maybe the bean counters have crunched the figures and deemed the real finance comes through the annual TV fees/ monies from the Football League and Transfer dealings. The cost associated in trying to put a extra thousand on the Crowd isn't worth the gamble of reducing ticket prices. It's not a easy solution and you can't drag people in off the street but it's unusual for a Club to have a golden era, finish in its highest position etc and not increase it's fanbase.
Fans forum announced on 09:23 - Jul 16 with 4865 views442Dale

<<The past ten years have been a great time to be a Dale fan and Hillys produced some fantastic teams. We are now in a higher division, yet the Crowds are worse than when he first took over in league two, or not far off. My biggest worry now is what happens when we go through a few years of poor form on the pitch because make no mistake that will happen, it happens at every Club.>>

And this is why so many supporters were concerned around the pricing structures and how they were advertised. I'd have you on the board tomorrow, TS! Honestly, there's so much sense amongst what you say and it's something that could be tapped into to get an indication of what the fan On the terraces is thinking.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 9:24]

Fans forum announced on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 4834 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum announced on 09:23 - Jul 16 by 442Dale

<<The past ten years have been a great time to be a Dale fan and Hillys produced some fantastic teams. We are now in a higher division, yet the Crowds are worse than when he first took over in league two, or not far off. My biggest worry now is what happens when we go through a few years of poor form on the pitch because make no mistake that will happen, it happens at every Club.>>

And this is why so many supporters were concerned around the pricing structures and how they were advertised. I'd have you on the board tomorrow, TS! Honestly, there's so much sense amongst what you say and it's something that could be tapped into to get an indication of what the fan On the terraces is thinking.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 9:24]

Me being on any board just wouldn't work...I can argue with myself. Thanks for the comments but they only echo what all my Dale supporting colleagues already say, including yourself. Dale fans are a down to earth bunch who call a spade a spade and commonsense is always in abundance.

What I am trying to say is we don't have to go down the road of creating a rift between those who make the decisions at the Club and the fans. There aren't enough of us to fall out and there's no doubt all parties want what's best for the Club.If targeting the kids doesn't produce the numbers we hope for then let's get a plan B and C in place for the following 2 seasons. What's the reason people have turned their back on the Club and no longer attend games?....it's got to be the price because the Football in generals been bloody great for years.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 9:53]
Fans forum announced on 10:23 - Jul 16 with 4817 views442Dale

Fans forum announced on 09:51 - Jul 16 by TalkingSutty

Me being on any board just wouldn't work...I can argue with myself. Thanks for the comments but they only echo what all my Dale supporting colleagues already say, including yourself. Dale fans are a down to earth bunch who call a spade a spade and commonsense is always in abundance.

What I am trying to say is we don't have to go down the road of creating a rift between those who make the decisions at the Club and the fans. There aren't enough of us to fall out and there's no doubt all parties want what's best for the Club.If targeting the kids doesn't produce the numbers we hope for then let's get a plan B and C in place for the following 2 seasons. What's the reason people have turned their back on the Club and no longer attend games?....it's got to be the price because the Football in generals been bloody great for years.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 9:53]

Totally agree, there's a real sense of wanting to make things better amongst supporters. And that thing about being able to argue with yourself, it's a positive. How often do we disagree? Bloody loads, but we know there's sense being spoken. It's about doing something with the information provided by those supporters who obviously care and make good points, nowt to do with personalities.

Fans forum announced on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 4725 viewsChaffRAFC

Fans forum announced on 07:44 - Jul 16 by rochedale

I think the club have to be careful how they promote the kids 'free' season tickets. Imagine if they went to or informed every single primary school in the borough to give out the info on the tickets and really promoted them, many parents might think 'great, I'll get one of these, for the sake of a tenner, if I only get little Billy to 3 or 4 games it won't matter as its only cost me a tenner.' They could get rid of 6,7,8000 of these leaving us with 2000 spaces in the ground, which would cause problems for our big games.

So ideally the club only want those tickets going to kids who are going to use regularly.

My lad is starting pre-school with Newhey County in September and when I went to drop the forms in, coaches from Bury FC were there waiting to take a session so I asked my niece who is in year six at the same school whether there were ever any Rochdale coaches that came and she said that Rochdale never come. Occasionally they get free tickets but that's it.

Why does a school in the Rochdale area have more of a Bury FC presence than a Rochdale presence?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Fans forum announced on 15:02 - Jul 16 with 4626 views49thseason

Unfortunately, our halcyon decade has corresponded with an economic downturn which has affected Rochdale much worse than lots of other places. Trying to persuade hard-up parents to part with £15+ to take their kids to matches is far from easy even if the kids go for free.

The fortunes of RAFC and the town are inextricably linked and whilst there are a couple of thousand souls prepared to keep shelling out £15-£20+ per game the solution is difficult to see. A massive reduction in prices puts what we have now in jeopardy and staying on the current path seems like a slow boat to oblivion. Would the demise of either (or Both) of our near neighbours have an effect , possibly but not substantially, would we all go and watch Bury or Oldham if RAFC went bust, I think not.

So we are left with small-scale, incremental attempts to boost numbers attending, and the development of off-field activities as a means of off-setting poor gates. The re-development of the ground must now be a priority and unfortunately, Keith Hills budgets will be constrained for the immediate future until either numbers attending improve significantly, or the redevelopment is completed. Sadly we are where we are.
Fans forum announced on 18:42 - Jul 16 with 4546 viewsdingdangblue

Fans forum announced on 10:23 - Jul 16 by 442Dale

Totally agree, there's a real sense of wanting to make things better amongst supporters. And that thing about being able to argue with yourself, it's a positive. How often do we disagree? Bloody loads, but we know there's sense being spoken. It's about doing something with the information provided by those supporters who obviously care and make good points, nowt to do with personalities.

Playing rubbish whenever we are on TV can't help matters either! Its the one chance we have of showing people who dont attend regularly what a good side Keith Hill has put together - but we ALWAYS disappoint.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans forum announced on 18:44 - Jul 16 with 4544 viewsTVOS1907

Fans forum announced on 07:44 - Jul 16 by rochedale

That's not the way the initiative was first announced.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fans forum announced on 22:27 - Jul 16 with 4438 viewsrochedale

Fans forum announced on 18:44 - Jul 16 by TVOS1907

That's not the way the initiative was first announced.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann

I know

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024