Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel 09:02 - Jul 18 with 7294 viewsGB11

over the cardiff swansea rivalry?.

I am not an away following cardiff fan, only home. And I go with my old man who is old and doesn't want to sit with the "loud ones".

I've got a season ticket for cardiff next year but the welsh games are what I am looking forward to by far. yes I know cardiff are a bit crap and that is obvious.

I hope all welsh players do well, so I've never felt less of a rivalry personally.

The Euros exceeded anything I've been involved with in cardiff. Making the world cup is my priority to be honest.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 09:08 - Jul 18 with 4429 viewsmonmouth

You're right mate.

It's because Cardiff are a shit team in a shit league. We are looking forward to our season and the WC qualifiers, but there is no real domestic rivalry because your lot simply aren't up to it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 09:08 - Jul 18 with 4429 viewsWarwickHunt

No.

I wouldn't worry too much though - the chances of drawing us in cup competitions are pretty slim.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 09:56 - Jul 18 with 4334 viewsGB11

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 09:08 - Jul 18 by monmouth

You're right mate.

It's because Cardiff are a shit team in a shit league. We are looking forward to our season and the WC qualifiers, but there is no real domestic rivalry because your lot simply aren't up to it.

Don't lie. We were only 10 or so places apart last season. And the level of depression/moaning on here during your dip last year was hilarious. When it was never a risk youd go down for me.

We are not talking the years and years of swansea being an insignificance to us.

Championship a shit league?. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Aren't we fancy.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 9:58]
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 10:11 - Jul 18 with 4299 viewsJFSwan

I dont feel the intense rivalry as a few years ago with Tate/trundle and my hatred with Joe ledley has simmered down.In fact, since weve got promoted and gone so far ahead of them they dont really get a second thought anymore
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 10:50 - Jul 18 with 4232 viewsgiantstoneater

Together stronger!!
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 11:06 - Jul 18 with 4199 viewsKGriz16

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 10:50 - Jul 18 by giantstoneater

Together stronger!!

f*ck cardiff. f*ck the cardiff city fc. f*ck together stronger.
i hate cardiff, always will, always have.

....and f*ck a cardiff fan who posts and admits to reading our forums. sad c*nt
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 11:17 - Jul 18 with 4177 views1983

yes I know cardiff are a bit crap and that is obvious.

We were only 10 or so places apart last season

Make your mind up son,as it was said the chances of us drawing you in a cup are pretty slim,if anything the Euros made us Swansea fans think you are just another championship side and good luck to you and Burton
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 11:18]

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 11:28 - Jul 18 with 4152 viewsjack247

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 09:56 - Jul 18 by GB11

Don't lie. We were only 10 or so places apart last season. And the level of depression/moaning on here during your dip last year was hilarious. When it was never a risk youd go down for me.

We are not talking the years and years of swansea being an insignificance to us.

He is right though. Ok, the Championship isn't a shit league, but the rivalry has dimmed because we don't play you anymore. It would be the same if the clubs positions were reversed.

You were a million miles away from us last season. It's not a giant 92 team league.

We just have bigger fish to fry these days, even if both teams were in the PL, the
Intensity wouldn't be the same as playing derbies in the lower leagues at the Vetch or Ninian Park. Must be plenty of fans on both sides who don't what all the fuss was about.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:45 - Jul 18 with 4033 viewsEasternJack

No. The Championship is not a sh1t league, but Cardiff should be good enough to get out of it. Pure mismanagement and thoroughly hilarious.

2009 still makes me chuckle - you couldn't make that one up with the ridiculous 6-0 to Preston coming back to haunt.

Definitely miss playing in the same league , although the misplaced arrogance of some fans and welsh media get tiring v quickly.

Predictions for this coming season?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:51 - Jul 18 with 4015 viewsGB11

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 11:06 - Jul 18 by KGriz16

Get back to dribbling in to your cornflakes.

Child.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:52 - Jul 18 with 4007 viewsGB11

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:45 - Jul 18 by EasternJack

No. The Championship is not a sh1t league, but Cardiff should be good enough to get out of it. Pure mismanagement and thoroughly hilarious.

2009 still makes me chuckle - you couldn't make that one up with the ridiculous 6-0 to Preston coming back to haunt.

Definitely miss playing in the same league , although the misplaced arrogance of some fans and welsh media get tiring v quickly.

Predictions for this coming season?

More wage cutting. Flogging players and buying freebies.

Newcastle and the others are far, far too strong for us.

No idea about Trollope either.

Mid table, at best. Maybe a late break for the playoffs.

The fans expect we get promoted so theyll want trollope gone by christmas if we dont perform, guaranteed!.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:58 - Jul 18 with 3987 viewslondonlisa2001

I think we were about 16 places apart weren't we?

And there are only 44 teams in the top two divisions so that's quite a lot really.

Actually though I do think the euros will have changed things slightly. It's pretty hard to actually 'hate' people that you've been having a drink with a few months previous. So hopefully the rivalry will continue, particularly if we are ever in the same division again, but the mindless thuggery will stop.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:05 - Jul 18 with 3966 viewsWarwickHunt

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:58 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

I think we were about 16 places apart weren't we?

And there are only 44 teams in the top two divisions so that's quite a lot really.

Actually though I do think the euros will have changed things slightly. It's pretty hard to actually 'hate' people that you've been having a drink with a few months previous. So hopefully the rivalry will continue, particularly if we are ever in the same division again, but the mindless thuggery will stop.

It's not all mindless though, some of it was well planned.

Julio Iglesias, anyone?
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:12 - Jul 18 with 3948 viewslondonlisa2001

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:05 - Jul 18 by WarwickHunt

It's not all mindless though, some of it was well planned.

Julio Iglesias, anyone?

Ha.

Well I'll be pleased if the day comes when going to see us in Cardiff doesn't mean driving past Cardiff for 50 miles to drive back again and then repeat the other way round to come home.

I can't be bothered to go anymore - it's too much of a pain.

Not that it much matters - can't see them coming up again for years really given the teams in that division and their parachute payments coming to an end. Of course, given we're looking like starting the season with our back up forward being the boy who scored 14 for Mumbles rangers in 2012, who knows :-)
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:14 - Jul 18 with 3944 viewsKGriz16

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:51 - Jul 18 by GB11

Child.

Hahahahaha.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:30 - Jul 18 with 3902 viewsHighjack

I honestly can't name more than two of their players. And I'm not even entirely sure if Whittington and Marshall are still there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 14:02 - Jul 18 with 3839 viewsLoyal

Shall we look at the teams performances over the last 40 years ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 14:04 - Jul 18 with 3836 viewsLoyal

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 12:51 - Jul 18 by GB11

Child.

You have to look who Cardiff played last season as opposed to who Swansea played to see the eleven places difference is totally irrelevant.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 15:27 - Jul 18 with 3751 viewsdobjack2

No.

Together stronger may last a little bit longer for Wales game though. I hope it stays for good as acrimony between fans at international matches is an embarrassment.

However there are always boneheads about and it only takes a few of them to take us backwards.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 15:28 - Jul 18 with 3749 viewsGB11

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 14:02 - Jul 18 by Loyal

Shall we look at the teams performances over the last 40 years ?

I refuse to discuss anything with someone with a guy fawkes picture.

Even if you're a fan of the mentally challenged anonymous.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 15:29]
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 15:31 - Jul 18 with 3733 viewsGB11

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:30 - Jul 18 by Highjack

I honestly can't name more than two of their players. And I'm not even entirely sure if Whittington and Marshall are still there.

You really know how to cut to core of our fanbase.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 15:48 - Jul 18 with 3707 viewsjack247

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 15:31 - Jul 18 by GB11

You really know how to cut to core of our fanbase.

He has a point though. 10 years ago you were our hated rivals and a Cardiff defeat was only marginally less satisfying than a Swans win.

These days, I know your chairman and your manager. Have probably heard of most of your players but don't know which ones are still there. Only really take notice of your results when you're near the top or bottom of the table. I think the general infifference of late has thrown a wet towel over the rivalry more than the Euros. If there was another derby game, it would be the biggest game of the season for me. Failing that though, I'm not bothered about Cardiff one way or the other.
Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 15:53 - Jul 18 with 3694 viewsQuakerJack

Got to be honest the Premier League derbies didn't quite feel the same, but that was I think due to your off the field problems/red kits and all that.. But I do think the Euros were quite a turning point... I had a few chats with plenty of Cardiff fans and there was no animosity... it'll always be there but it does feel different.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 16:02 - Jul 18 with 3678 viewsjacabertawe

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 13:14 - Jul 18 by KGriz16

Hahahahaha.

Profound

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 16:38 - Jul 18 with 3633 viewsgiantstoneater

Do you think the Euros will throw a wet towel on 11:06 - Jul 18 by KGriz16

Those two brain cells finally came together then!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024