Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams' replacement 14:15 - Aug 9 with 9422 viewsDexterMorgan

Assuming VDH was bought as 3/4 choice rather than a starter, what are our realistic options:-

Caulker
Chester
Mboji
Denayer
Chambers
Random Italian Guy
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 14:16]
Williams' replacement on 16:58 - Aug 9 with 2158 viewsnyc_swans

Williams' replacement on 15:34 - Aug 9 by exiledinenglandjack

I'd go in for Ragnar Sigurdsson from Kuban, i think the fee of £6m was touted, a good age and a proven international. Scores a few too which is a bonus

suggested this in another thread.

think it's a good shout.
Williams' replacement on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 2153 viewstomdickharry

Williams' replacement on 16:21 - Aug 9 by stid

Only should be replaced for a top CB Stefan De Vrij (Lazio) Martins Indi (Porto) Caceres (Free) , players like chester and caulker are not replacements.

Like for like as near as possible,bad start on Saturday and the knives will be out.
Williams' replacement on 17:06 - Aug 9 with 2114 viewsSwansea93

Photo of Ash and his Agent in Everton on Twitter, and Kevin John's tweeted his thanks to Williams.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Williams' replacement on 17:08 - Aug 9 with 2095 viewsadamswan

If we bring in a 'replacement' are we resigning Amat to the bench again? Give Amat a chance, at least until January, and bring someone from the youth system through. We have to give youngsters a chance, and this is an ideal opportunity. Ben Davies was no one to us really until NT suffered that horror injury, and look what happened. IMO, don't replace.
Williams' replacement on 17:09 - Aug 9 with 2083 viewsraynor94

Williams' replacement on 16:59 - Aug 9 by tomdickharry

Like for like as near as possible,bad start on Saturday and the knives will be out.

Come on mun, tell us who we are going to definitely sign

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Williams' replacement on 17:22 - Aug 9 with 2015 viewsWarwickHunt

Williams' replacement on 15:37 - Aug 9 by EasternJack

No. Asking for trouble would be appointing Garry Monk as manager and letting him hire James Beatty and Kris O'Leary for his coaching team.

As if anyone would be crazy enough to do that...or add Pep "Mr. Relegation" Clotet to the team to make it even crazier.

Imagine that.
Williams' replacement on 17:26 - Aug 9 with 1991 viewsbuilthjack

Most blocks - Best in PL last season
Most interceptions - Best in PL last season
Most clearances - Best in PL last season
He will take some replacing.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Williams' replacement on 17:28 - Aug 9 with 1971 viewstomdickharry

Williams' replacement on 17:09 - Aug 9 by raynor94

Come on mun, tell us who we are going to definitely sign

Haven't the slightest idea who we are going to sign,but employ the old saying, be wise before rather than after the event. (As best you can)
Login to get fewer ads

Williams' replacement on 17:35 - Aug 9 with 1928 viewslibertyjack22

Go and get Lewis Dunk from Brighton....would be ideal replacement for Ash imo

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Williams' replacement on 17:37 - Aug 9 with 1917 viewspencoedjack

This lad Manga at the Basseys supposed to be decent last year of his contract so should be cheap too.

4th choice cover ?
Williams' replacement on 17:46 - Aug 9 with 1866 viewslondonlisa2001

Williams' replacement on 17:26 - Aug 9 by builthjack

Most blocks - Best in PL last season
Most interceptions - Best in PL last season
Most clearances - Best in PL last season
He will take some replacing.

According to opta the most blocks was Scott Dann and the most interceptions was Kante.

I think you're quoting the things that Sky have been showing which is stats over a 3 or 4 season period where he's top of everything those things? Of course he would be given that he's probably played loads more games than any other defender in the premier league over 3 or 4 seasons.

It's also chosen to flatter - if you look at taclkles made for example, Ash was 58th in the PL last season - 23rd for just defenders.

He's been a very good defender for us over the years and in the PL. But if he was genuinely as good as some media are making out, someone in the CL positions would have gone for him at some point.

Even now, with Arsenal having a real crisis, they weren't prepared to try for him, and instead are looking at someone like Evans, who most on here would say is utter rubbish.
Williams' replacement on 18:19 - Aug 9 with 1731 viewsCooperman

Williams' replacement on 17:46 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

According to opta the most blocks was Scott Dann and the most interceptions was Kante.

I think you're quoting the things that Sky have been showing which is stats over a 3 or 4 season period where he's top of everything those things? Of course he would be given that he's probably played loads more games than any other defender in the premier league over 3 or 4 seasons.

It's also chosen to flatter - if you look at taclkles made for example, Ash was 58th in the PL last season - 23rd for just defenders.

He's been a very good defender for us over the years and in the PL. But if he was genuinely as good as some media are making out, someone in the CL positions would have gone for him at some point.

Even now, with Arsenal having a real crisis, they weren't prepared to try for him, and instead are looking at someone like Evans, who most on here would say is utter rubbish.

Evans is rubbish. Better than me but still rubbish.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Williams' replacement on 18:28 - Aug 9 with 1683 viewsAngelRangelQS

I hope we give Amat a chance personally.
Williams' replacement on 18:34 - Aug 9 with 1639 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Williams' replacement on 18:28 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

I hope we give Amat a chance personally.

Me as well, but we need some quality back up as I'm sure FG knows.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 18:35]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Williams' replacement on 18:37 - Aug 9 with 1624 viewsHeadmaster

Why does it have to be one or the other? I would get a better CB to start alongside Amat. Thing is, we're three days away from our first game. That's what p!sses me off about all this. Any other season I would be fine with Ash going. I know transfer window shuts on 31st, but I wish this had all been sorted sooner.
Williams' replacement on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 1425 viewsDr_Winston

Williams' replacement on 18:37 - Aug 9 by Headmaster

Why does it have to be one or the other? I would get a better CB to start alongside Amat. Thing is, we're three days away from our first game. That's what p!sses me off about all this. Any other season I would be fine with Ash going. I know transfer window shuts on 31st, but I wish this had all been sorted sooner.

An upgrade on Fernandez wouldn't be a bad thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Williams' replacement on 18:48 - Aug 9 with 1420 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Italian hatchet man incoming

Claudio Gentile 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Williams' replacement on 18:49 - Aug 9 with 1406 viewsjasper_T

Fernandez gets an unwarranted amount of stick on here (plus he looked better alongside Amat at the end of the season).
Williams' replacement on 18:51 - Aug 9 with 1393 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He wanted out

Not much we could have done

Except turn down 12 mill

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Williams' replacement on 18:53 - Aug 9 with 1377 viewsHeadmaster

Williams' replacement on 18:51 - Aug 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

He wanted out

Not much we could have done

Except turn down 12 mill

I know, and I get why we're selling him. I just hope we have a new CB lined up, or Guidolin can work his magic on what we've got.
Williams' replacement on 19:02 - Aug 9 with 1337 viewsjasper_T

Williams' replacement on 18:53 - Aug 9 by Headmaster

I know, and I get why we're selling him. I just hope we have a new CB lined up, or Guidolin can work his magic on what we've got.

We already bought a CB this summer.

This is going to be the "we never replaced Bony" narrative all over again, isn't it.
Williams' replacement on 19:05 - Aug 9 with 1305 viewsdobjack2

Williams' replacement on 19:02 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

This is going to be the "we never replaced Bony" narrative all over again, isn't it.

Only if it goes belly up. If all goes fine not bringing a 4th centre half In will have been a gamble worth taking.

Hindsight will tell us which was the correct thing to have done.
Williams' replacement on 19:08 - Aug 9 with 1286 viewsHeadmaster

He should be back up to Amat. Get a new CB to start ahead of Fernandez, job done.
Williams' replacement on 19:22 - Aug 9 with 1199 viewsDafyddHuw

The Euros put everything back a few weeks.

I'm quite excited for the new season, and I don't believe our spending's finished yet. We must be awash with dosh at the mo.

I hope we give Amat a good go before deciding we want to spend on a CB. Maybe we do, but let's give the lad a chance. I like him when I've seen him, and he's waited patiently for this chance. Let's hope he grabs it with both hands.
Williams' replacement on 19:28 - Aug 9 with 1179 viewsJango

He's replaced Bartley
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024