Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My impression of yesterday 09:07 - Aug 14 with 4897 viewsSwaneeRiver

based purely on what I read and MOTD highlights.
Solid performance overall, we'll offer far more threat up front than we did last season, seems to be a lot more cohesion in the team.
The defense needs to wise up a bit though, particularly with the shirt-pulling (clear penalty) and Amat not just fouling but haul that guy down. His hand went in the guy's eye, and although the Burnley guy made a meal of it, a different set of officials could have seen it as a straight red.
Overall a good opening day start, plenty to build on one our placers all get match fit, with plenty of options and liked the look of Llorente
My impression of yesterday on 09:15 - Aug 14 with 3245 viewsKingBony

What the officials failed to see was Gray pulling Amat just as much all the way through that passage of play.

Very clever play by the striker, Jordi just needs to be a bit more streetwise, which will only come with game time.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

My impression of yesterday on 09:20 - Aug 14 with 3216 viewsBLAZE

Something I noticed with the defense... they seemed to put to ball into touch a bit too often for my liking, in positions where they'd have previously played it out from the back. It put us under a bit more pressure than we needed to be imo. Maybe they were just being cautious but it come across a bit nervous looking
My impression of yesterday on 09:20 - Aug 14 with 3211 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD as usual only showed highlights to fit in with their after match discussion.

It would never have been a straight red but a yellow in the context of the game at that stage. There was a lot going on in the box all game from both sides (Amat had a serious talking to from the ref).

There was no real showing of the continual fouling of Barrow in the first half every time he broke free, was this any different to the Amat foul.

Fab came out of his box to make a double save and got kicked, again not shown.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

My impression of yesterday on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 3152 viewsoldcob

None of the senseless passing square across the back yesterday just for the sake of it. We got forward a lot quicker. When last did we have 17 attempts at goal in an away game? Someone will tell me no doubt.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2016 9:27]
My impression of yesterday on 09:30 - Aug 14 with 3114 viewsStarsky

My impression of yesterday on 09:27 - Aug 14 by oldcob

None of the senseless passing square across the back yesterday just for the sake of it. We got forward a lot quicker. When last did we have 17 attempts at goal in an away game? Someone will tell me no doubt.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2016 9:27]

Yesterday

It's just the internet, init.

My impression of yesterday on 09:30 - Aug 14 with 3112 viewsAl_Bundy

Bit of a worry both CB's picking up yellows for dubious challenges ... can't be doing that every week.
My impression of yesterday on 09:41 - Aug 14 with 3049 viewsKilkennyjack

My impression of yesterday on 09:30 - Aug 14 by Al_Bundy

Bit of a worry both CB's picking up yellows for dubious challenges ... can't be doing that every week.

Promoted teams away on the first day of the season is a tough ask.

To get 3 points and a clean sheet is a superb effort.
Very proud of our club today.

Even better when you think through the ownership changes and the high profile players who have left recently. Outstanding stuff.

Beware of the Risen People

My impression of yesterday on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 3017 viewsraynor94

My impression of yesterday on 09:30 - Aug 14 by Al_Bundy

My feelings exactly, would really like to see another centre back arriving as soon as possible

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

My impression of yesterday on 10:23 - Aug 14 with 2857 viewsBenJ94

My impression of yesterday on 09:20 - Aug 14 by BLAZE

Something I noticed with the defense... they seemed to put to ball into touch a bit too often for my liking, in positions where they'd have previously played it out from the back. It put us under a bit more pressure than we needed to be imo. Maybe they were just being cautious but it come across a bit nervous looking

I noticed that, but I'd much rather them do that than fanny about with it and end up losing possession in a dangerous position.
My impression of yesterday on 10:35 - Aug 14 with 2798 viewsnorthwesternjack

We should have had a penalty too, they didn't show on MOTD what looked like a clear hand ball - arm stretched out and hit his hand to block a cross. Can't be 100% but cannot believe they didn't show it.
My impression of yesterday on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 2740 viewssP7qupUf

My impression of yesterday on 10:23 - Aug 14 by BenJ94

I noticed that, but I'd much rather them do that than fanny about with it and end up losing possession in a dangerous position.

Agreed. I played in the old Welsh League in the 70s and 80s against some very seasoned ex-pros and was always told... "if in doubt, put it out".
My impression of yesterday on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 2740 viewsjack247

My impression of yesterday on 09:20 - Aug 14 by BLAZE

Not sure if it is a deliberate tactic, but the advantage of doing that is we get time to get men behind the ball and reset into the right position. They weren't doing it willy nilly, just when the man in possession was under a bit of pressure and didn't have an easy ball on. It was more than we are used to though
My impression of yesterday on 10:51 - Aug 14 with 2702 viewscontroversial_jack

I have to disagree. Burnley were shite, and we were at the same level
My impression of yesterday on 10:55 - Aug 14 with 2677 viewsjack247

My impression of yesterday on 10:51 - Aug 14 by controversial_jack

I have to disagree. Burnley were shite, and we were at the same level

Agreed. It didn't click yesterday and we were lucky to win. There were encouraging signs though, particularly Llorente
My impression of yesterday on 11:01 - Aug 14 with 2647 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

My impression is that yesterday was a massive, MASSIVE result for us after the summer we've had.

One big middle finger salute from Guidolin and the boys to the world.

Just imagine if we'd have lost the game - the carnage on this forum, the panic in the streets, the 'i told you so's' would be out in force proclaiming relegation by October; the press would be lapping it up, eagerly weaving it into their narrative of 'losing Williams&Ayew= end of the world'.

Well, we won, and a clean sheet to boot. Not perfect, but there's plenty of room for optimism when we get everyone fit and up to speed (Gylfi, Llorente, Van Baston etc).

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

My impression of yesterday on 11:02 - Aug 14 with 2630 viewsharryhpalmer

The Amat "foul" was the kind of physical challenge he has been criticised for not being up to, and exactly the kind of thing people say we will miss with Ash gone.

He showed he is up for the physical. Maybe trying a bit too much at times to be the hard man Ash was. He'll temper that I am sure.

I think that 'foul' was a 50:50 challenge, and the poor Moss got wrong.

You cannot allow the attacker to physically push a the defender away like Gray was doing , and not let the defender to physically counter that. And Gray was giving as good as he got in my opinion.

There was always going to be a bit of nerves in the first game, especially without Ash, who was a massive noise at the club.

But despite the pressure I didn't see anyone panicking.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

My impression of yesterday on 11:06 - Aug 14 with 2603 viewsA_Fans_Dad

My impression of yesterday on 11:02 - Aug 14 by harryhpalmer

The Amat "foul" was the kind of physical challenge he has been criticised for not being up to, and exactly the kind of thing people say we will miss with Ash gone.

He showed he is up for the physical. Maybe trying a bit too much at times to be the hard man Ash was. He'll temper that I am sure.

You cannot allow the attacker to physically push a the defender away like Gray was doing , and not let the defender to physically counter that. And Gray was giving as good as he got in my opinion.

There was always going to be a bit of nerves in the first game, especially without Ash, who was a massive noise at the club.

"But despite the pressure I didn't see anyone panicking. "

I take it from the lack of really negative comments that Naughton had a pretty good game?
My impression of yesterday on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 2595 viewscontroversial_jack

Amat is a liability, but he's what we have
My impression of yesterday on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 2561 viewsvetchonian

My impression of yesterday on 11:08 - Aug 14 by controversial_jack

And so what would Ash have done Differently in the same situation?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

My impression of yesterday on 11:18 - Aug 14 with 2528 viewsnantywatcher

My impression of yesterday on 11:08 - Aug 14 by controversial_jack

Have you ever considered changing your name from "Controversial" to "Brainless?"
My impression of yesterday on 11:23 - Aug 14 with 2496 viewsPegojack

My impression of yesterday on 11:18 - Aug 14 by nantywatcher

Have you ever considered changing your name from "Controversial" to "Brainless?"

He's trying a little too hard to be 'controversial', I fancy....
My impression of yesterday on 11:27 - Aug 14 with 2469 viewsnierika

My impression of yesterday on 11:01 - Aug 14 by FearOfAJackPlanet

My impression is that yesterday was a massive, MASSIVE result for us after the summer we've had.

One big middle finger salute from Guidolin and the boys to the world.

Just imagine if we'd have lost the game - the carnage on this forum, the panic in the streets, the 'i told you so's' would be out in force proclaiming relegation by October; the press would be lapping it up, eagerly weaving it into their narrative of 'losing Williams&Ayew= end of the world'.

Well, we won, and a clean sheet to boot. Not perfect, but there's plenty of room for optimism when we get everyone fit and up to speed (Gylfi, Llorente, Van Baston etc).

Such a great feeling getting the win and knowing there is so much room for improvement.
My impression of yesterday on 11:33 - Aug 14 with 2417 viewsBarrySwan

Wow.

Have you ever seen a game of football before?
My impression of yesterday on 11:34 - Aug 14 with 2410 viewsjack247

My impression of yesterday on 11:06 - Aug 14 by A_Fans_Dad

"But despite the pressure I didn't see anyone panicking. "

I take it from the lack of really negative comments that Naughton had a pretty good game?

I thought he did
My impression of yesterday on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 2369 viewsDr_Winston

My impression of yesterday on 11:34 - Aug 14 by jack247

I thought he did

Did OK from what I saw, as he generally does.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024