Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin should be given time! 14:32 - Oct 1 with 7149 viewsSheffieldjack

No way that Francesco Guidolin should be sacked after today. Cut him some slack and give him till Christmas to show that he can turn things around.
Guidolin should be given time! on 21:13 - Oct 1 with 1275 viewsvetchonian

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:10 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

Indeed. People have very short memories on here. Very few wanted Mr Guidolin to stay on last season, at one point.

Then we had those wins against Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham. Good wins but loaded with big questions about the mind set etc of the opposition. Liverpool with the Europa final, Chelsea played kids and West ham odd.

That's not to say that he didn't deserve the job because it was a very difficult decision not to give him the job, it would have been unfair. BUT the ballsy decision would have been to have said thanks but no thanks.

So we go into this season with a lot of questions above our heads and where are we? 4th from bottom, probably in the bottom 3 by our next home game.

I do get people wanting to give him more time, but you can't have it all ways. After the Hull game I started a thread that for me 'in context' it was the worst performance for years. Not sure if people are too thick to get the 'in context bit' but instead I read a load of bollox that it wasn't that bad.

It was that bad, because we missed a golden opportunity against a pi ss poor side to get 2 wins, 6 points and take a sh it load of pressure off our shoulders, knowing what was to come...and it has.

So keep him on for another 6/7 games but expect to be firmly in the bottom 3.

I said it before and I'll say it again Chelsea. Did not play with kids check out their line up that day and my response to your previous post At least try and get your facts right

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:22 - Oct 1 with 1255 viewsymaohyd

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:13 - Oct 1 by vetchonian

I said it before and I'll say it again Chelsea. Did not play with kids check out their line up that day and my response to your previous post At least try and get your facts right

Well they started with Loftus Cheek if I remember right and made a few changes.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:30 - Oct 1 with 1232 viewsvetchonian

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:22 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

Well they started with Loftus Cheek if I remember right and made a few changes.

They made 3 changes in all to their previous 3 games and would you call Oscar, Fabrgagas,ivanovic,Mikel,Azpilcueta kids?
The way you write it y would swear they put out their under 21 s
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 21:31]

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:31 - Oct 1 with 1230 viewsRevJames

Guidolin should be given time! on 19:06 - Oct 1 by BarrySwan

I'm struggling to see how replacing an experienced Italian manager with an unknown American managing a French second division team or with someone who couldn't be bothered to turn up to Wales friendlies and has no proven experience of management would :-

1) Prevent a thick as two short planks dutch guy from shoving his hand in an opposition players face in the penalty box.

2) Prevent a highly paid professional slicing an easy peasey clearance over his head further back into his own box.

3) Motivate the worlds worst avoider of headers since Walter Boyd graced the stage, bundle over without need or thought an opposition player in the box.

Meanwhile a decent hardworking experienced Italian Chap has every chance of getting the sack while the three mentioned above will just pick up their wages and carry on as normal whoever the manager is.

The last sentence sums it up quite well

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:31 - Oct 1 with 1230 viewsymaohyd

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:30 - Oct 1 by vetchonian

They made 3 changes in all to their previous 3 games and would you call Oscar, Fabrgagas,ivanovic,Mikel,Azpilcueta kids?
The way you write it y would swear they put out their under 21 s
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 21:31]

No

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:36 - Oct 1 with 1213 viewsymaohyd

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:09 - Oct 1 by vetchonian

Brenda would have got no better results with this aquad

I think he would have and I can't believe people wouldn't think that

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:41 - Oct 1 with 1199 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:36 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

I certainly don't. Brendan was given comparative freedom in the transfer market and did very well bringing his own players in. He have a hell of a job trying to play pass and move with the players we have now.
Guidolin should be given time! on 21:41 - Oct 1 with 1199 viewsDarran

When people are saying he should be given time if we lose to Arsenal that's nearly quarter of the season gone with one win.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:41 - Oct 1 with 1198 viewsvetchonian

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:36 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

Because he wouldn't take the gig until we were safe he had no confidence in himself to keep us from relegation with what was a stronger squad.

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:47 - Oct 1 with 1196 viewsmonmouth

I've gone past really caring. Nobody knows what might have happened with Rodgers or anyone else. I do know we were a walking corpse when Guidolin came to the club and then we revived. People can attribute that to what they like but that is the only concrete observation you can make.

The only other concrete observation is that three more points from the games so far which could easily have dropped our way, and there might be some alarm bells but there wouldn't be the ridiculous hysteria.

As I say, I'm not really bothered, but I'm fed up with the media circus and the constant circular arguments from people with ludicrously strong opinions because they haven't a clue whether we'd be better or worse off because that would depend entirely on the calibre of replacement we could get.

I think he deserves a bit more time to get the whole act together, but I wouldn't go to the cross on that. My gut feeling is that someone might do better, but I'm not inspired at all by the names that have been mentioned so far.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:51 - Oct 1 with 1181 viewsDarran

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:41 - Oct 1 by vetchonian

Because he wouldn't take the gig until we were safe he had no confidence in himself to keep us from relegation with what was a stronger squad.

Oh FFS he's on about him coming in in the f*cking Summer mun.

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:51 - Oct 1 with 1180 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City boss Francesco Guidolin clinging to his job as club prepare to make call on his future in next 48 hours

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-fran

#backtojack

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:54 - Oct 1 with 1169 viewsvetchonian

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:51 - Oct 1 by Darran

Oh FFS he's on about him coming in in the f*cking Summer mun.

I know that but my rationale is we had a better squad when he was approached following monks sacking but he didn't trust n himself to succeed in turning things around and keeping us up.......so why would he believe he could do better now?

And I knew I'd hook you Darren as you are one of Brenda's biggest fans
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 21:56]

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:59 - Oct 1 with 1152 viewsDarran

Guidolin should be given time! on 21:54 - Oct 1 by vetchonian

I know that but my rationale is we had a better squad when he was approached following monks sacking but he didn't trust n himself to succeed in turning things around and keeping us up.......so why would he believe he could do better now?

And I knew I'd hook you Darren as you are one of Brenda's biggest fans
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 21:56]

I'm not one of his biggest fans at all but I do think he's a better coach and regardless of if I was his biggest fan in the whole wide world he's not coming to us because he's got a job elsewhere so he can go f*ck himself.

Guidolin should be given time! on 16:17 - Oct 3 with 986 viewsSheffieldjack

The way that FG has been treated is a disgrace. The Yanks should hang their heads in shame. The Swansea Way? No way!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024