Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clinton v Trump 12:22 - Nov 8 with 7437 viewsD_Alien

Thank goodness this circus will soon be over, though what follows might be even worse

I'm a glutton for punishment though, and will be stopping up tonight to see which way the wind is blowing. Probably towards the first female US president, though can't see her lasting more than one term

I'm a big believer in using the vote our ancestors fought for the right to use, but I'd find it impossible to endorse either of them
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 12:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Clinton v Trump on 12:49 - Nov 8 with 3934 viewsDaleiLama

Dunno about wind - mainly hot air and vitriol. I thought our politicians were bad, but how does arguably the worlds biggest superpower end up with a two-horse race between 2 unelectable candidates? If you stay awake I tip my cap to you sir!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Clinton v Trump on 13:13 - Nov 8 with 3871 viewsmoth5368

I agree, there's no way Hilary would be in with a chance against anyone credible. It's been cringeworthy but compelling, like The Thick of It....or the EU referendum.
Clinton v Trump on 13:45 - Nov 8 with 3807 viewsdeeplishblue

I am not a very political person and normally could not care less who the yanks decide to vote in. I am however interested in golf and because of this I watched the "You've been Trumped" documentary about the building of the "Trump Aberdeen" golf course a couple of years ago.

It's well worth a watch if you have 90 minutes to spare.

It's filmed very much from an anti-Trump point of view - but it's amazing how Trump and the Scottish government rode rough shod over the local property owners.

(I would probably still play the golf course though, given half a chance !)

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Clinton v Trump on 14:22 - Nov 8 with 3751 viewsdavidab2202

Clinton v Trump on 12:49 - Nov 8 by DaleiLama

Dunno about wind - mainly hot air and vitriol. I thought our politicians were bad, but how does arguably the worlds biggest superpower end up with a two-horse race between 2 unelectable candidates? If you stay awake I tip my cap to you sir!

Was in the States from mid Sept through to last weekend and covered about 4000 miles across many States,got to say your summing up of the general feeling out there is about spot on.The number of times we heard "how do you choose between two people who are basically disliked and mistrusted by everyone".When Fox news published a poll it said that 57% of voters intended to vote for the person that they disliked least--no mention of actually liking either.
Enough said!!!
Clinton v Trump on 14:52 - Nov 8 with 3708 viewsolympicdale

Thank god the so called "debate"is over, now its time for the Americans to choose which turd they want to try and polish for 4 years, boy how I envy them (!)

Life is a game of fate.

Clinton v Trump on 16:10 - Nov 8 with 3615 viewspioneer

The 'good' thing about the American political system is the checks and balances on power tend to be much stronger than in UK. No matter what idiot is elected they are still limited (in this case fortunately) by congress. In the UK the power of the prime minister (or cabinet or government, but we know how powerful some recent PMs have been within government) is only limited (and very weakly) by those unelected fuddy duddies in the Old folks home known as the house of Lords.

Unfortunately , in the case of Obama care, even that didn't work for them and they got the worst of all possibilities. A system essentially run by the private insurers.

As Winston Churchill said the US people have the great gift of getting the right solution to every problem, only after trying every other one first.
Clinton v Trump on 19:24 - Nov 8 with 3499 viewsDaleiLama

Approximate timetable.

11-12pm - most sensible people go to bed

2am - good indications starting to come in

4am - if not already decided, result should be more or less confirmed soon

6am - unless it's the closest election on record there is a new president and anyone staying up can slope off to bed for a nap.

Shortly after, anyone who had any sense has had a good kip and is thinking about getting up and putting the kettle on.

Clinton v Trump on 19:50 - Nov 8 with 3443 viewsD_Alien

Clinton v Trump on 19:24 - Nov 8 by DaleiLama

Approximate timetable.

11-12pm - most sensible people go to bed

2am - good indications starting to come in

4am - if not already decided, result should be more or less confirmed soon

6am - unless it's the closest election on record there is a new president and anyone staying up can slope off to bed for a nap.

Shortly after, anyone who had any sense has had a good kip and is thinking about getting up and putting the kettle on.

I've never claimed to be sensible

My understanding is that if, by 3am, the result hasn't emerged it'll be several hours later before it becomes clear. The situation then becomes complicated with the start of the test match at 4am!

Login to get fewer ads

Clinton v Trump on 20:06 - Nov 8 with 3410 viewsDaleiLama

Clinton v Trump on 19:50 - Nov 8 by D_Alien

I've never claimed to be sensible

My understanding is that if, by 3am, the result hasn't emerged it'll be several hours later before it becomes clear. The situation then becomes complicated with the start of the test match at 4am!

Last election was decided at 4.14am apparently so a few overs into the first innings?

Clinton v Trump on 20:12 - Nov 8 with 3393 viewsJumeirahDale

I have a horrible feeling it will be days before it is all over! I'm based in a very red state (albeit one that didn't vote for Trump), tomorrow is going to be very interesting.
Clinton v Trump on 20:17 - Nov 8 with 3380 viewsD_Alien

Clinton v Trump on 20:06 - Nov 8 by DaleiLama

Last election was decided at 4.14am apparently so a few overs into the first innings?

It could turn into an all-nighter!

Nightmare scenario:

4.15 - Hillary concedes

4.20 - England 10-3

4.25 - Trump declares war on Mexico *

4.27 - Putin weighs in and long-hidden nuclear missiles in Cuba are re-activated

4.29 - Red buttons are pressed

4.30 - the 1st test match in India ends in a draw...

Edit: * I realise he wouldn't be CIC just yet... as i wake up on t' sofa with a stiff..... neck
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 20:19]

Clinton v Trump on 20:26 - Nov 8 with 3351 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Clinton v Trump on 20:17 - Nov 8 by D_Alien

It could turn into an all-nighter!

Nightmare scenario:

4.15 - Hillary concedes

4.20 - England 10-3

4.25 - Trump declares war on Mexico *

4.27 - Putin weighs in and long-hidden nuclear missiles in Cuba are re-activated

4.29 - Red buttons are pressed

4.30 - the 1st test match in India ends in a draw...

Edit: * I realise he wouldn't be CIC just yet... as i wake up on t' sofa with a stiff..... neck
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 20:19]

That'd be a great result...a draw in Rajkot.
Clinton v Trump on 23:24 - Nov 8 with 3245 viewsShun

There's been a shooting incident in a polling station in California. No more news yet.
Clinton v Trump on 02:20 - Nov 9 with 3178 viewsShun

270 to win.
After 24 of 50 states it's currently Trump in the lead with 129 ahead of Hillary's 104. No major surprises yet.
(No subject) (n/t) on 02:22 - Nov 9 with 3178 viewsShun

Clinton v Trump on 02:25 - Nov 9 with 3172 viewsD_Alien

Clinton v Trump on 02:20 - Nov 9 by Shun

270 to win.
After 24 of 50 states it's currently Trump in the lead with 129 ahead of Hillary's 104. No major surprises yet.

No, but things are looking a bit more favourable for Trump than the Democrats would've wanted at this stage...

Clinton v Trump on 02:36 - Nov 9 with 3159 viewsTTNYear

It's looking more and more like Brexit. A bloody nose for the 'establishment'.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Clinton v Trump on 03:19 - Nov 9 with 3131 viewsD_Alien

Clinton v Trump on 02:36 - Nov 9 by TTNYear

It's looking more and more like Brexit. A bloody nose for the 'establishment'.

Real, visible nervousness among Clinton supporters. It's the same look on their faces as we saw on Remainers back in June

Clinton v Trump on 06:18 - Nov 9 with 3075 viewsmoth5368

Thank goodness the cricket is going to plan. Oh....
Clinton v Trump on 07:02 - Nov 9 with 3026 viewsDaleiLama

Wow.

Clinton v Trump on 07:13 - Nov 9 with 3008 viewsmingthemerciless

The World has gone mad. We're living in a much more dangerous place than we were yesterday. I'm moving to Mars !
Clinton v Trump on 07:29 - Nov 9 with 2980 viewsDaleiLama

Clinton v Trump on 07:13 - Nov 9 by mingthemerciless

The World has gone mad. We're living in a much more dangerous place than we were yesterday. I'm moving to Mars !

Apparently immigration applications to Canada have gone through the roof. It's about as cold as Mars some days?!?

Clinton v Trump on 07:56 - Nov 9 with 2940 viewsTTNYear

Puts Calvin's ban into context.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Clinton v Trump on 08:59 - Nov 9 with 2826 viewsBigKindo

Clinton v Trump on 07:13 - Nov 9 by mingthemerciless

In which group do they play their Checkatrade matches?
Clinton v Trump on 09:01 - Nov 9 with 2820 viewsDaleiLama

Clinton v Trump on 08:59 - Nov 9 by BigKindo

In which group do they play their Checkatrade matches?

Solar central?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024