Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stevenson 16:00 - Jan 8 with 3316 viewsRoChDaLe

Brentford have bid £1.5million pound for this lad who plays centre midfield and has only played 35 games for Coventry. How much does that make Camps worth??!???!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Ben Stevenson on 16:08 - Jan 8 with 3268 viewsisitme

How ever much someone is prepared to pay! But I get your point.
Ben Stevenson on 16:24 - Jan 8 with 3185 viewsAtThePeake

Depends how good Stevenson is really.

Tangled up in blue.

Ben Stevenson on 17:24 - Jan 8 with 3010 viewsRoChDaLe

Ben Stevenson on 16:24 - Jan 8 by AtThePeake

Depends how good Stevenson is really.

Can't be that good. Coventry in 23rd position??

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Ben Stevenson on 17:27 - Jan 8 with 2996 views49thseason

I just hope our BoD have learned a lesson or two from the Hogan saga ... It's always easier to start at a high price and then come down a bit than it is to set a price you think you might get and have to go below that. Camps - starting price £7.5m
Ben Stevenson on 17:46 - Jan 8 with 2916 viewsrobbowood

Ben Stevenson on 17:27 - Jan 8 by 49thseason

I just hope our BoD have learned a lesson or two from the Hogan saga ... It's always easier to start at a high price and then come down a bit than it is to set a price you think you might get and have to go below that. Camps - starting price £7.5m

We got 750,00 (?) for Hogan which was a great deal for the club and the player. There may have been a clause in his contract that if a bid came in for 'x' amount he was free to leave. We are not a big enough club to set a 'silly' amount for a player

Clubs like Brentford (and Peterborough ?) have rich owners which makes it easier for them to do

When Done went to Sheff Utd we didn't accept their first offer and we will never stand in the way of any player going on to a higher lever if we get a decent fee

I would consider 1 million for Camps with add-ons a good deal for the club

I don't think our Board have anything to learn from any other lower league club considering how much we've received in add-on fees these last few years
Ben Stevenson on 18:00 - Jan 8 with 2847 views49thseason

Ben Stevenson on 17:46 - Jan 8 by robbowood

We got 750,00 (?) for Hogan which was a great deal for the club and the player. There may have been a clause in his contract that if a bid came in for 'x' amount he was free to leave. We are not a big enough club to set a 'silly' amount for a player

Clubs like Brentford (and Peterborough ?) have rich owners which makes it easier for them to do

When Done went to Sheff Utd we didn't accept their first offer and we will never stand in the way of any player going on to a higher lever if we get a decent fee

I would consider 1 million for Camps with add-ons a good deal for the club

I don't think our Board have anything to learn from any other lower league club considering how much we've received in add-on fees these last few years

Ha Ha! I thought that would drag a low number out of someone. Is Camps worth less than ben Stevenson then? Do we know that Brentford would not have paid more for Hogan? Peterborough often seem to get multimillion deals for players, I suspect because a) they ask for so much and b) they are not desperate for the cash. If the Hogan deal goes through at anything like £12-15m, we won't be as desperate for cash as we otherwise would be. Hence the asking price can go up.
The problem with Add-ons is exemplified by the Hogan injuries. If he had not recovered as well as he obviously has done, we might have got nothing in add-ons. More cash up front is preferable to add-ons every day. More cash up front and lower add-ons is also acceptable.
Ben Stevenson on 18:02 - Jan 8 with 2836 viewsAtThePeake

Ben Stevenson on 18:00 - Jan 8 by 49thseason

Ha Ha! I thought that would drag a low number out of someone. Is Camps worth less than ben Stevenson then? Do we know that Brentford would not have paid more for Hogan? Peterborough often seem to get multimillion deals for players, I suspect because a) they ask for so much and b) they are not desperate for the cash. If the Hogan deal goes through at anything like £12-15m, we won't be as desperate for cash as we otherwise would be. Hence the asking price can go up.
The problem with Add-ons is exemplified by the Hogan injuries. If he had not recovered as well as he obviously has done, we might have got nothing in add-ons. More cash up front is preferable to add-ons every day. More cash up front and lower add-ons is also acceptable.

How much of Stevenson have you seen play?

Tangled up in blue.

Ben Stevenson on 18:17 - Jan 8 with 2757 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stevenson on 18:02 - Jan 8 by AtThePeake

How much of Stevenson have you seen play?

Just an arm and a leg, by the sounds of it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Stevenson on 18:20 - Jan 8 with 2726 views49thseason

Nope, he is 19 and has played 36 games in a poor team at a club that is strapped for cash and has no international call-ups to his name so I guess £1.5m is a decent offer. Camps is 21, has played twice as many games, and has been involved in International football. Camps was sought after at 15 or 16 years old by other clubs, notably Fulham when they were a Premiership side. Not long ago a newspaper described him as one of the 10 best young prospects outside the Prem and is currently our captain. Can you give me a reason not to start negotiations at £7.5m?
Ben Stevenson on 18:28 - Jan 8 with 2688 viewsColDale

I half remember similar discussions regarding Jamie Allen, when Spurs paid MK Dons £5m for Dele Alli
Ben Stevenson on 18:44 - Jan 8 with 2626 viewsD_Dale

Stevenson played against Dale in October, one of the four league games he's played in that Coventry have won. In this season, Camps has been on the winning side in 14 league games.

But the stats are irrelevant. Some scout has presumably reported that Stevenson has at 19 (about 15 months younger than Camps) the potential to go the top level and Brentford - soon to be enriched, let's hope, with money for Hogan - have decided to take a punt on him.
Ben Stevenson on 23:58 - Jan 8 with 2288 viewsRowZ

Can we stop discussing any sort of price for Camps... He's not for sale!

I take your point about Stevenson, but in reality, with the money in football and the ridiculous prices paid for players in the last year or so, 1.5m isn't that far away from the 750K for Done & Hogan in terms of the market
Ben Stevenson on 07:55 - Jan 9 with 2155 viewsscooby

I'm probably wrong, but surely his contract clause states at what value other clubs can talk to him? Once a club offers that figure, we can do nothing / little to stop them talking to him, and i also think we cant force the price up very much further as there is no carrot. With this in mind, this is why (as someone said before) we should be saying that we want £xxx and knowing we're above that figure than leaving a chasing club to walk the price up

No doubt it will be about £700k and that is what we have fallen foul of before, this is why we put sell on clauses.
Ben Stevenson on 08:10 - Jan 9 with 2135 viewsnordenblue

Ben Stevenson on 07:55 - Jan 9 by scooby

I'm probably wrong, but surely his contract clause states at what value other clubs can talk to him? Once a club offers that figure, we can do nothing / little to stop them talking to him, and i also think we cant force the price up very much further as there is no carrot. With this in mind, this is why (as someone said before) we should be saying that we want £xxx and knowing we're above that figure than leaving a chasing club to walk the price up

No doubt it will be about £700k and that is what we have fallen foul of before, this is why we put sell on clauses.

I'd be pretty sure not every player has a release valuation in his contract tbf..... whilst I've not agreed with the timing of certain sales there's one thing that can't be disputed its that EVERY sale is done with the interests of the club at heart,the deal if it does go through with Hogan highlights this more than ever......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024