Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale bar . 21:51 - Feb 18 with 4148 viewsanimal8

Can anyone on the trust ask why the Dale bar is not opening after games .I know a lot of people who normally have a pint in there ,but didn't go to the Carlsberg lounge .because the beer is dearer and in my opinion not as good .
Dale bar . on 21:57 - Feb 18 with 4130 views442Dale

Saw the sign but presumed it was just for today's game. Is it going to be a regular thing?

It'd be very strange they've made such a move without consulting the supporters who use it, or at least communicating why the decision was made (unless it has been online somewhere and we've missed it)

Definitely one for the Trust, with them using the Dale Bar as their base I'm sure they'll have some info.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale bar . on 13:16 - Feb 19 with 3839 viewsboromat

Guessing it's a cost cutting exercise. I would expect it'd be open for big fixtures.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dale bar . on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 3775 viewssandy_dale

Dale bar . on 13:16 - Feb 19 by boromat

Guessing it's a cost cutting exercise. I would expect it'd be open for big fixtures.

Don't get how they would be saving money, if 20 people go in and have two £2.80 pints, that's more than £100 which definitely covers the two people that work. So it would be daft to close it, it's a football club bar ?
Dale bar . on 14:37 - Feb 19 with 3766 viewsboromat

Dale bar . on 14:35 - Feb 19 by sandy_dale

Don't get how they would be saving money, if 20 people go in and have two £2.80 pints, that's more than £100 which definitely covers the two people that work. So it would be daft to close it, it's a football club bar ?

They're obviously hoping they don't lose custom and everyone goes to the carlsberg lounge.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dale bar . on 15:23 - Feb 19 with 3702 viewsDalenet

There were plenty of cars in the car park by the bar at 9pm last night. I can only assume they had a function on and needed to get it ready.
Dale bar . on 17:43 - Feb 19 with 3558 viewssandy_dale

Dale bar . on 14:37 - Feb 19 by boromat

They're obviously hoping they don't lose custom and everyone goes to the carlsberg lounge.

As the OP said, it's more expensive and the beer is absolutely rank.
Dale bar . on 18:16 - Feb 19 with 3504 viewsTVOS1907

Dale bar . on 15:23 - Feb 19 by Dalenet

There were plenty of cars in the car park by the bar at 9pm last night. I can only assume they had a function on and needed to get it ready.

Tannoyman shouted that this was now a permanent arrangement.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale bar . on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 3322 viewsrochdaleriddler

Dale bar . on 18:16 - Feb 19 by TVOS1907

Tannoyman shouted that this was now a permanent arrangement.

Staff in the carlsberg bar said it was for rest of season. I tried it there yesterday, didn't like it, I'll have my post match pints away from the club now.rochdale have areal issue with commutation and consultation

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Dale bar . on 11:05 - Feb 20 with 3128 viewsDaleiLama

Dale bar . on 21:03 - Feb 19 by rochdaleriddler

Staff in the carlsberg bar said it was for rest of season. I tried it there yesterday, didn't like it, I'll have my post match pints away from the club now.rochdale have areal issue with commutation and consultation

Sounds like you've already issued the death penalty and there's no room for clemency?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale bar . on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 3109 viewsD_Alien

Dale bar . on 11:05 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

Sounds like you've already issued the death penalty and there's no room for clemency?

Not when he's commuting outside the St Clements area for his post match pints

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale bar . on 18:44 - Feb 20 with 2903 viewsrochdaleriddler

Dale bar . on 11:05 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

Haha only just spotted my gaffe

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Dale bar . on 19:14 - Feb 20 with 2849 viewsDaleiLama

Dale bar . on 18:44 - Feb 20 by rochdaleriddler

Haha only just spotted my gaffe

Guessing a bit of autocorrection went on! Chuckle.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale bar . on 16:03 - Mar 4 with 2488 views442Dale

Confirmed at half time that the Ratcliffe Bars are shut after the game and only Studds is open.

Can the Trust confirm this has been followed up?

Dale bar . on 22:28 - Mar 4 with 2264 viewsNinco

The whole point of them buying the stadium was to make it financially viable. They have a purpose built function suite that they can rent out and I would imagine that as most people tend to have parties on a Saturday night, most weeks they can rent it out. There is still a bar for fans to use and I would expect that what they can take on renting out the Ratcliffe Arms is much more than they would take from the customers that they will lose because of this. If they cannot increase the number of fans on a match day, they have to look at other sources of revenue to keep the club going.
Dale bar . on 23:57 - Mar 4 with 2211 viewsDalenet

Dale bar . on 22:28 - Mar 4 by Ninco

The whole point of them buying the stadium was to make it financially viable. They have a purpose built function suite that they can rent out and I would imagine that as most people tend to have parties on a Saturday night, most weeks they can rent it out. There is still a bar for fans to use and I would expect that what they can take on renting out the Ratcliffe Arms is much more than they would take from the customers that they will lose because of this. If they cannot increase the number of fans on a match day, they have to look at other sources of revenue to keep the club going.

Absolutely right. Went past the ground tonight and there is a function on. You can't rent out a room for an evening function without cleaning up after the days game.
Dale bar . on 09:23 - Mar 5 with 2079 viewsmingthemerciless

Dale bar . on 17:43 - Feb 19 by sandy_dale

As the OP said, it's more expensive and the beer is absolutely rank.

I got my usual pint of San Miguel last Sunday and sat down next to a guy I know who's a real beer drinker.

He was sitting with a half glass ! I said " What's up Ronnie, have they run out of pint glasses ? "

He replied " The beer's crap and it's too expensive. When I've heard what the coach has to say about today's game we're off down to The Baum. The beer's cheaper down there for CAMRA members! "
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 9:30]
Dale bar . on 15:33 - Mar 5 with 1933 viewsjohnn

Dale bar . on 09:23 - Mar 5 by mingthemerciless

I got my usual pint of San Miguel last Sunday and sat down next to a guy I know who's a real beer drinker.

He was sitting with a half glass ! I said " What's up Ronnie, have they run out of pint glasses ? "

He replied " The beer's crap and it's too expensive. When I've heard what the coach has to say about today's game we're off down to The Baum. The beer's cheaper down there for CAMRA members! "
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 9:30]

My mate is in a wheelchair and after a game my wife picks us up after most of the crowd has dispersed .We had a couple of beers in the Dale bar while waiting.We can't go into the carlesberg lounge because of the steps.We are both season ticket holders and have been for years but why do we matter !!!!!!!!
Dale bar . on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 1905 views442Dale

Dale bar . on 23:57 - Mar 4 by Dalenet

Absolutely right. Went past the ground tonight and there is a function on. You can't rent out a room for an evening function without cleaning up after the days game.

In the past the Dale Bar has been open when the main Ratcliffe room is being prepared for a function. What's changed? There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation for the change, apologies if it's been put out there but there's been the half time announcements and not much else (maybe on Twitter?)

Dale bar . on 17:32 - Mar 5 with 1802 viewsDaveButt

Dale bar . on 15:33 - Mar 5 by johnn

My mate is in a wheelchair and after a game my wife picks us up after most of the crowd has dispersed .We had a couple of beers in the Dale bar while waiting.We can't go into the carlesberg lounge because of the steps.We are both season ticket holders and have been for years but why do we matter !!!!!!!!

Johnn, there is a ramp down to the Carlesberg bar, its situated nearest the club shop.
Dale bar . on 18:11 - Mar 5 with 1739 viewsjohnn

Dale bar . on 17:32 - Mar 5 by DaveButt

Johnn, there is a ramp down to the Carlesberg bar, its situated nearest the club shop.

Thanks for the info,happy now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024