Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? 19:37 - Mar 6 with 2878 viewsberniehertz432

Goes to show what he's been lacking, e.g putting crosses in the danger area.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:39 - Mar 6 with 2533 viewsswancity

Cobblers

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 2522 viewsFlashberryjack

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:39 - Mar 6 by swancity

Cobblers

That's exactly what he's been playing like.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 2519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The major flaw in this argument is that either cross into the box for Llorente's goals was supplied by a winger.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 2484 viewssherpajacob

In the first half, all of Narsingh s attacks resulted in either a corner or a cross into the box.

He did seem pretty anonymous 2nd half and as Burnley offered nothing in attack he didn't have to do any defending.

Routs to start away from home, and narsingh, ayew or Montero to come off the bench if needed.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 2481 viewsscruffyjack

Has been a very good player for us in the past, but not anymore. He tracks back, goes forward but doesn't make a telling contribution - cross, assist, tackle, or beat a man. I'd stick with Narsingh for the moment, or possibly Ayew, both much more of a threat.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:59 - Mar 6 with 2447 viewsperchrockjack

Cobblers that anyone thinks Routledge brings anything creative to our team

Crosses ...imagine it

Nope, hopefully ,he ll go on to be what he should have been months ago, I'd, a player for the bench . No more

Narsingh will keep him out for sure as he gets up to speed

No room for sentiment

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 20:02 - Mar 6 with 2430 viewsDarran

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:59 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

Cobblers that anyone thinks Routledge brings anything creative to our team

Crosses ...imagine it

Nope, hopefully ,he ll go on to be what he should have been months ago, I'd, a player for the bench . No more

Narsingh will keep him out for sure as he gets up to speed

No room for sentiment

Well said Richard he's been crap for yonks.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 20:07 - Mar 6 with 2413 viewsJango

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:53 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

In the first half, all of Narsingh s attacks resulted in either a corner or a cross into the box.

He did seem pretty anonymous 2nd half and as Burnley offered nothing in attack he didn't have to do any defending.

Routs to start away from home, and narsingh, ayew or Montero to come off the bench if needed.

I hate when I see people saying Routs should play away from home. Narsingh and Ayew are better full stop. He should only play if a last resort from now on
Login to get fewer ads

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 2377 viewssP7qupUf

Routs has his limitations and is nearing the end as first choice. However, he is a sight better thanDyer, Barrow and Jeff. End of the day, except for a handful of occasions the latter has done very little. Routs has made the second highest number of PL appearances for us.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 20:15 - Mar 6 with 2370 viewsFlashberryjack

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 20:07 - Mar 6 by Jango

I hate when I see people saying Routs should play away from home. Narsingh and Ayew are better full stop. He should only play if a last resort from now on

He'll be gone in the summer if we get a reasonable offer, otherwise why would we give him a a spanking new 3 year contract then instantly demote him to the bench.

Hello

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 21:21 - Mar 6 with 2267 viewsLoyal

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:39 - Mar 6 by swancity

Cobblers

Routledge could go on loan to them.
His time is up, has been excellent at times, but like a few others, Rangel, Leon, especially players move on.
Remember folks it's the shirt not the skin inside.
We owe them nothing, they owe us everything for the privilege of wearing the Swansea white.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 21:22]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 21:25 - Mar 6 with 2249 viewsDr_Winston

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 20:15 - Mar 6 by Flashberryjack

He'll be gone in the summer if we get a reasonable offer, otherwise why would we give him a a spanking new 3 year contract then instantly demote him to the bench.

Probably because Montero and Barrow are more likely to move.

Can see us using Ayew and Narsingh as first choices with Dyer and Routs as experienced backup.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 21:54 - Mar 6 with 2191 viewsFlashberryjack

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 21:25 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Probably because Montero and Barrow are more likely to move.

Can see us using Ayew and Narsingh as first choices with Dyer and Routs as experienced backup.

Three and a half year contract for a fading backup winger......yeah! makes a lot of sense.

Hello

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:21 - Mar 6 with 2117 viewsswancity

Lads. It's not rocket science. Wayne is vastly experienced now with well over 400 league games under his belt and he's an intelligent hard working player albeit he's a year or two past his best.

The reason he gets picked regularly by managers is that he is capable of doing the job that the manager asks him to do. Paul Clement knows that and that's why he's been picked regularly. I'm sure that Paul sees him train every day and discusses with Wayne what's needed from him.

After saying all that, with Narsingh and Ayew on board ( Dyer out ) these two are more capable of opening up other defences but are not as disciplined as Routledge. Clement wants his team to retain shape whenever possible and you can see players rigidly sticking to their positions with a good understanding. All three wingers mentioned will be involved but in all honesty Routledge is arguably our best bet away from home especially. Next season ? His blistering pace isn't what it was so his days at this level are numbered....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:39 - Mar 6 with 2078 viewsnantywatcher

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:21 - Mar 6 by swancity

Lads. It's not rocket science. Wayne is vastly experienced now with well over 400 league games under his belt and he's an intelligent hard working player albeit he's a year or two past his best.

The reason he gets picked regularly by managers is that he is capable of doing the job that the manager asks him to do. Paul Clement knows that and that's why he's been picked regularly. I'm sure that Paul sees him train every day and discusses with Wayne what's needed from him.

After saying all that, with Narsingh and Ayew on board ( Dyer out ) these two are more capable of opening up other defences but are not as disciplined as Routledge. Clement wants his team to retain shape whenever possible and you can see players rigidly sticking to their positions with a good understanding. All three wingers mentioned will be involved but in all honesty Routledge is arguably our best bet away from home especially. Next season ? His blistering pace isn't what it was so his days at this level are numbered....

I am totally underwhelmed by Narsingh at the moment, I'd undoubtedly still pick Routs for the next two games
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:44 - Mar 6 with 2061 viewsDafyddHuw

What a ridiculous thread title.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:52 - Mar 6 with 2035 viewskarnataka

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:21 - Mar 6 by swancity

A lot of valid points there but for me, the bottom line is that I trust Paul Clement to use Routs as and when he sees fit depending on who the opposition is and his game plan. This may mean Routs starting a few games or maybe none at all but I'm sure he will still be a regular part of the matchday squad.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:54 - Mar 6 with 2033 viewsKerouac

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:53 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

IMO Narsingh had less effect in the 2nd half because Naughton went into his shell (shitting himself) and stopped giving him the ball early.
If I remember it right he would dwell on the ball too long and then loft one in Narsingh's general direction for him to be inevitably outjumped.

A player like Narsingh wants it on the deck, early, to feet or in front of him.
If you are going to loft it it had better be over the top of the defence for him to chase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:59 - Mar 6 with 2010 viewsTheResurrection

I don't want to take too much away from what was a great team performance but come on FFS.

Burnley were one of the worst EPL teams down the Liberty since we've been in it.

It was the first game since Clement that we could pretty much abandon the disciplined 5 in midfield.

To the OP - pathetic!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 23:10 - Mar 6 with 1979 viewskarnataka

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 22:59 - Mar 6 by TheResurrection

I don't want to take too much away from what was a great team performance but come on FFS.

Burnley were one of the worst EPL teams down the Liberty since we've been in it.

It was the first game since Clement that we could pretty much abandon the disciplined 5 in midfield.

To the OP - pathetic!!

Yes, that 's pretty much what I meant about PC using Routs, or in this case not, as and when he sees fit depending on the opposition.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 07:08 - Mar 7 with 1793 viewsjack247

Well said swancity. Agree with all of that, including the last sentence. He won't be here much longer, but still has a part to play this season. A manager who relies on graft, intelligence and positional discipline is going to love a player like Routledge. It's why Barrow got packed off tho the Championship. Narsingh is very similar to Barrow, hopefully Clement thinks he has the potential to become more cerebral.

It genuinely saddens me that there are people on this thread who have been going for decades and still don't grasp what happens on the pitch.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 07:27 - Mar 7 with 1766 viewsjack247

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 19:53 - Mar 6 by scruffyjack

Has been a very good player for us in the past, but not anymore. He tracks back, goes forward but doesn't make a telling contribution - cross, assist, tackle, or beat a man. I'd stick with Narsingh for the moment, or possibly Ayew, both much more of a threat.

Do you not see that a player like Routledge is the perfect foil for the kind of runs Olsson makes? Both in terms of covering him defensively and dragging opponents out of position, creating space for him to attack?
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 08:13 - Mar 7 with 1696 views34dfgdf54

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 07:27 - Mar 7 by jack247

Do you not see that a player like Routledge is the perfect foil for the kind of runs Olsson makes? Both in terms of covering him defensively and dragging opponents out of position, creating space for him to attack?

Routledge still has a part to play for the reasons above, intelligent footballer but age has caught up with him, been a great servant and will continue to do so.

What grinds my gears though is people on this thread plus more making out he helps defensively and that's why he starts, absolute load of b0llocks. Just look back at the goals we have conceded this season and last and how many have started down his flank, not always solely his fault granted, but he's never been good defensively.
Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 08:25 - Mar 7 with 1675 viewsmonmouth

Routledge and Dyer thrived in the right system and were a major part of our best season under Laudrup. They were a major part of any golden performances that year. Both got older and squeezed into different systems that suit them less. Obviously Rout's powers are waning and we should always look to upgrade anyway, but those two have been fantastic club men, just as much as Leon, if over a shorter period, and it is ridiculous the amount of bile both players attract.

Anyway, it was obviously the absence of Taylor that did the trick.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Best display without Routledge. Coincidence or not? on 08:43 - Mar 7 with 1650 viewsAl_Bundy

This old chestnut of an argument has gone on all season.

For me Routledge does not contribute enough over 90 mins ( or 70 mins before he's subbed) A point being we select him to help protect the defence when we still have or had the worst goals conceded in the league and more concerning he offers very little going forward from the wide areas. He doesn't attack the back post or get in the box when we break down the other flank, he can't beat a defender or put a decent cross in with any consistency. Saying that I get the disciplined side of his game to keep his shape. Massive confidence player who's head drops and hides very quickly if things don't start well for him. Bit like the RB position.. we can and should do better !
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024