Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) 16:59 - Mar 11 with 5666 viewsSgorioFruit

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 18:57 - Mar 11 with 1930 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 18:55 - Mar 11 by ChrisSCFC

Burn him...

That's all dead wood is good for.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 19:05 - Mar 11 with 1897 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 18:52 - Mar 11 by jack247

He was today and has been for the majority of the season. I wouldn't mind betting he gets more starts than Narsingh and Ayew from here on too.

I'm not disputing we need to replace him. I just don't think we have the players to do it at the moment. We definitely need a first choice right winger and arguably right back in the summer.

Arguably?
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 19:39 - Mar 11 with 1823 viewsRancid

He's getting himself into good positions and good on him for that but lacks the composure and killer instinct, the same killer instinct that has held his whole career back and again the same killer instinct that the Hull lad who scored has.

Occasionally very good but far too often not good enough and if we stay up will surely be moved on and an upgrade brought in by Clement.He got rid of Taylor pronto and I'd imagine Routs will be next weak link out the door.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 19:51 - Mar 11 with 1773 viewsjack247

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 19:05 - Mar 11 by WarwickHunt

Arguably?

I' don't think Naughton is as bad as a lot of our fans do. He has admittedly had some terrible games, but I'm not writing him off yet. I've always defended Routledge, but think this summer is the time to move him on or at least relegate him to a bit part role.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 19:53 - Mar 11 with 1792 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

That feeling you get when a chance for a tap in falls to a white shirt and you realise that it's Wayne in possession of that white shirt and it's just..........

*carpet whipped from under your feet*

That 2nd chance was spectacular. He was about 7 yards out, and, by the time the ball crossed the bar it was about 15 yards over. Good work.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 11 with 1726 views34dfgdf54

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 18:33 - Mar 11 by jack247

I know. I'm never going to defend his finishing, it's abysmal. His all round contribution is more than you would get from Montero or Barrow, from the little I've seen, Narsingh or Ayew too. Managers don't keep picking him just because he is a good lad.

Ayew did more in 20 minutes against Burnley than Routs has for a long time.

Should never be starting.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 20:56 - Mar 11 with 1666 viewsLoyal

Bring in James from the u23's.
Simple

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 00:59 - Mar 12 with 1482 viewsjack247

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 11 by 34dfgdf54

Ayew did more in 20 minutes against Burnley than Routs has for a long time.

Should never be starting.

We can do this time and time again. Clement knows what he is doing. If we had brought in better in January, then he wouldn't be starting
Login to get fewer ads

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 11:58 - Mar 12 with 1349 viewsberniehertz432

why did we just give him a new 3 year contract?
waste of space
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 12:05 - Mar 12 with 1337 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 11:58 - Mar 12 by berniehertz432

why did we just give him a new 3 year contract?
waste of space

Because our self-appointed DoF is a clueless fûcking idiot.

See also: Dyer, N and Rangel, A.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 12:38 - Mar 12 with 1281 viewsperchrockjack

Ive been on our village footy pitch this morning excercising Lady P and mad Mali.

I walked to the approximate spot and showed her where rots was when he kicked a football from no more thst seven years into the stratosphere.

She opined that it would have been harder to miss than to hit the target

As regards his not laughable one in one ,I positioned afore mentioned Mali where rot was when he fired at goal . Got the impression she could have used her right paw to prod ball home

She then went for a dump, as I did do

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 13:03 - Mar 12 with 1263 viewsWxmJax

Thrash me now. Misses apart, I thought he did ok yesterday. Having Amat at right back didn't help him because I think he looked a bit rabbit in the headlights when he came on. I'd have preferred to see Kingsley come on instead for Rangel and Borja for Llorente as it would have kept our shape a bit better. Narsingh, erm, dreadful and could be another Barrow but with a bit more skill. I liked him in his first few cameo appearances but yesterday, added nothing. As we could see that Ayew wasn't working, we could have brought Borja on for Routs and moved Ayew to the wing.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 13:14 - Mar 12 with 1250 viewsperchrockjack

Consider yourself spanked

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 13:43 - Mar 12 with 1230 views34dfgdf54

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 00:59 - Mar 12 by jack247

We can do this time and time again. Clement knows what he is doing. If we had brought in better in January, then he wouldn't be starting

He did bring in better in January, as shown against Burnley. He dropped a b0llock yesterday and everyone knows it including him. He's done a wonderful job so far though, everyone's entitled to mistakes, but I don't think he'll be making the same one again.

Dyer was above Routs in the pecking order when Clement got his foot through the door.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 13:49 - Mar 12 with 1216 viewsperchrockjack

Wonderful .

My dear sweet Lord

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 13:49 - Mar 12 with 1364 viewsjack247

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 13:43 - Mar 12 by 34dfgdf54

He did bring in better in January, as shown against Burnley. He dropped a b0llock yesterday and everyone knows it including him. He's done a wonderful job so far though, everyone's entitled to mistakes, but I don't think he'll be making the same one again.

Dyer was above Routs in the pecking order when Clement got his foot through the door.

Dyer didn't come in in January and only started one game?
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 12 with 1369 viewswhiterock

Question: who's played the most games for Swansea in the top flight?

Answer: Routs (level with Williams)

Every manager sees the work rate, defensive qualities and balance he gives us, lets leave it to the manager to pick the side
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:31 - Mar 12 with 1356 viewsmidswan

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 12 by whiterock

Every manager sees the work rate, defensive qualities and balance he gives us, lets leave it to the manager to pick the side

Are you really saying that a whole series of managers working at the top level in British football, and with their jobs seemingly always on the line, actually know more than the internets !
Unbelievable Jeff !!
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:38 - Mar 12 with 1354 viewsawayjack

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 12 by whiterock

This says as much about our lack of ambition or inability to recruit a winger of the right quality. His goals and assists stats are shocking compared to other prem wingers with decent game time. He's getting slower, loses the ball more and more and still can't cross of shoot at anywhere near premier league level. Did a decent job for us in first couple of seasons but should've been moved on 2 seasons ago.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:51 - Mar 12 with 1334 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:38 - Mar 12 by awayjack

This says as much about our lack of ambition or inability to recruit a winger of the right quality. His goals and assists stats are shocking compared to other prem wingers with decent game time. He's getting slower, loses the ball more and more and still can't cross of shoot at anywhere near premier league level. Did a decent job for us in first couple of seasons but should've been moved on 2 seasons ago.

Is the correct answer.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:59 - Mar 12 with 1328 viewsjacabertawe

Yep.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 15:11 - Mar 12 with 1299 viewsjack247

Agreed. Our wingers have been a weak link for a while
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 16:23 - Mar 12 with 1280 viewsPozuelosSideys

Its a team sport mind.

Had we not conceded two goals, even with Routledge on the pitch we would have got a point.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 16:51 - Mar 12 with 1263 viewsoldcob

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 16:23 - Mar 12 by PozuelosSideys

Its a team sport mind.

Had we not conceded two goals, even with Routledge on the pitch we would have got a point.

If we didn't concede two goals we would have had three points. 0-1 Swans.
The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 17:24 - Mar 12 with 1233 viewswhiterock

The Official drop Routledge Thread (n/t) on 14:51 - Mar 12 by WarwickHunt

Is the correct answer.

I'm sure many would have liked to have seen Montero or Barrow push on, they haven't but when asked Routs has done the job, from Brendan to Laudrup to Monk to Curt to Guidolin to Bradley and now Clement, they have all picked him. He's closing in on nearly 200 games and maybe he'll get less games as time goes on but while he is picked in the white shirt of Swansea he'll get my support
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024