Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elephant in the room ....... 00:44 - Aug 10 with 6189 viewsSwanjaxs

Do we include a player in the squad for Southampton that has treated our proud club with contempt? a player who has refused to take part in the majority of our pre-season preparations with his teammates? a player who has been agitating for a move away for the best part of six weeks? a player who will not give 100% to our cause this weekend? In my opinion it would be madness to let Gylfi Sigurdsson anywhere near our first team squad 👍
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 3:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:05 - Aug 10 with 1235 viewsJethroJack

Elephant in the room ....... on 06:11 - Aug 10 by Treforys_Jack

Just a thought , maybe he has no say in any of this. The club have obviously decided to sell him. He was told not to travel to America as his sale was imminent. I don't buy this keeping him away from the squad. Everton or anyone else know the price , pay up or fack off , simples. There has got to be more to it than haggling over a few .million.

And here's another thought, how do you know he was told not to travel to US? If he was a pawn in all this and being mis-represented by the media, surely he would have spoken up by now to try to defend his reputation. He's always come across as a decent enough bloke and until recently I'd have preferred him staying, but now its best for all concerned if he goes. He should do what Van Dijk has done & hand in a transfer request, he can afford "the hit".
Elephant in the room ....... on 09:08 - Aug 10 with 1226 viewsawayjack

Elephant in the room ....... on 03:32 - Aug 10 by AnotherJohn

I'd also go for on the bench. The negotiation skills of most on here are abysmal.

I'm more worried about negotiation skills of our Board than those on here. No idea what's going on behind the schenes but public the daily update from PC how close deal is, and refusal to even reference him in swuad for friendlies, shows a lack of base communication / negotiation skills. Not surprised with our lot. Agree we should get him in the squad for Sat if there's no progress. For those sho want to wrap him up in cotton wool, it tends not to work in football. Sends completely writing message and he could easily pull something in training, should we stop him training or walking around too?
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:09 - Aug 10 with 1223 viewsawayjack

Elephant in the room ....... on 03:32 - Aug 10 by AnotherJohn

I'd also go for on the bench. The negotiation skills of most on here are abysmal.

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:13 - Aug 10 with 1207 viewsFireboy2

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:49 - Aug 10 by plasmarljack

it's been mentioned on here previously but not enough. How do we
know how much of this is within the control of Siggy??? I can't think of any incident throughout the whole time that Siggy has been a part of our
squad, that he has been anything but the perfect professional. My memory is not what it used to be, so correct me please, if I'm wrong.
My personal view is he's being hung, drawn and quartered here and
I'm not sure anyone can prove it's got a great deal to do with the player himself. Receiving a pay rise is going to be part of the deal for him but the biggest benefactor here is the club, and therefore the Americans. I may be wrong though.

Great post PJ

There are some drama queens on this board
Elephant in the room ....... on 09:19 - Aug 10 with 1196 viewsJonTheJack

Elephant in the room ....... on 08:38 - Aug 10 by raynor94

Exactly, I'm quite astounded by the Gylfi apologists on here, how much plainer can he make it he doesn't want to be here. I just hope to God he's gone by the weekend

How has he made it plain? He hasn't said a single word in public. We don't know if it's the club actively trying to sell him, or if he is actually kicking up a stink. Every interview with Clement, and other players have all said he's working hard in training. Which is better than publicly handing in a transfer request or coming out with an outburst like Van Dijk.

It will all come out in the wash, but you are as bad as anyone else coming up with statements like that.

Our frustration should be aimed at the owners for handling this as bad as they have done.
Elephant in the room time..... on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 1179 viewssherpajacob

Elephant in the room time..... on 01:16 - Aug 10 by TheKirkyLife

On the bench for me. Show Everton we're not afraid to move on with him.

Correct answer.

Dying minutes, we need a goal, a free kick 20 yards out.

Would the siggy haters want him on the pitch or not?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:23 - Aug 10 with 1174 viewsoldcob

I have a theory that the move is instigated by the board not the player. Why else would the board not require a written transfer request, thus disqualifying the player from his 10% cut of the transfer fee. If reports are to believed it would more than cover the difference between the two clubs on Siggys value. Now the player gets approx £5 million as compensation for leaving a club he hasn't asked to leave. As for Siggys refusal to go to USA, where does anyone get the idea he refused?. The way I read it he asked permission not to go because of the pending transfer and he was granted permission. A big difference between refusing and asking permission. He trained every day the squad was in the USA and joined them when they came home. To my mind the player has behaved properly throughout.
Elephant in the room ....... on 09:47 - Aug 10 with 1135 viewsjack247

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:23 - Aug 10 by oldcob

I have a theory that the move is instigated by the board not the player. Why else would the board not require a written transfer request, thus disqualifying the player from his 10% cut of the transfer fee. If reports are to believed it would more than cover the difference between the two clubs on Siggys value. Now the player gets approx £5 million as compensation for leaving a club he hasn't asked to leave. As for Siggys refusal to go to USA, where does anyone get the idea he refused?. The way I read it he asked permission not to go because of the pending transfer and he was granted permission. A big difference between refusing and asking permission. He trained every day the squad was in the USA and joined them when they came home. To my mind the player has behaved properly throughout.

Let's be realistic about this. He wants to go and we want to sell him.
Login to get fewer ads

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:49 - Aug 10 with 1131 viewsLoyal

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:39 - Aug 10 by monmouth

Surely a court of law would uphold that no travelling to USA because head not right and stating he wants to speak to Everton (both reported and not denied) is in substance requesting a transfer. If we sell him I wouldn't agree a penny going to him, and make him sue.

Anyway as to playing on Saturday. Bugger that. Sell him today instead.

We should have taken his refusal to go to the USA as a breach of contract.
Too fcking nice to these greedy bastards,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:51 - Aug 10 with 1123 viewsLoyal

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:49 - Aug 10 by plasmarljack

it's been mentioned on here previously but not enough. How do we
know how much of this is within the control of Siggy??? I can't think of any incident throughout the whole time that Siggy has been a part of our
squad, that he has been anything but the perfect professional. My memory is not what it used to be, so correct me please, if I'm wrong.
My personal view is he's being hung, drawn and quartered here and
I'm not sure anyone can prove it's got a great deal to do with the player himself. Receiving a pay rise is going to be part of the deal for him but the biggest benefactor here is the club, and therefore the Americans. I may be wrong though.

Then why is he not playing ?
Nonsense on this occasion mate, too big a benefit of the doubt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 1101 viewsraynor94

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:19 - Aug 10 by JonTheJack

How has he made it plain? He hasn't said a single word in public. We don't know if it's the club actively trying to sell him, or if he is actually kicking up a stink. Every interview with Clement, and other players have all said he's working hard in training. Which is better than publicly handing in a transfer request or coming out with an outburst like Van Dijk.

It will all come out in the wash, but you are as bad as anyone else coming up with statements like that.

Our frustration should be aimed at the owners for handling this as bad as they have done.

He said "his head wasn't right" also "I'd like to talk to Everton" how plain is that? Clement deserves a medal for diplomacy, as he's quite obviously pissed off with the situation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:12 - Aug 10 with 1086 viewsraynor94

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:23 - Aug 10 by oldcob

Ok Hans Christian

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:14 - Aug 10 with 1080 viewsjack247

Elephant in the room ....... on 09:19 - Aug 10 by JonTheJack

I'd certainly go along with your last sentence. I've got nothing against Siggy at all. He wants to leave, we want the money, it suits all parties.

Short of handing in a request, it's not his fault they haven't struck a deal with Everton.
Elephant in the room ....... on 10:27 - Aug 10 with 1044 viewsDafyddHuw

Yes, whilst we're all giving Gylfi a good kicking, can somebody explain to me why, at the start of the close season, we say he's not for sale, yet put a £50M price on his head?

Unlike the Dippers, who won't put a price on Coutinho, because he's also not for sale. Except they really mean it.

Why would Siggy show loyalty to the club when the club won't show loyalty to him in the first place?
Elephant in the room ....... on 10:28 - Aug 10 with 1042 viewsandypitt56

he wont be on the bench

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-set-m
Elephant in the room ....... on 10:30 - Aug 10 with 1040 viewsJonTheJack

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:07 - Aug 10 by raynor94

He said "his head wasn't right" also "I'd like to talk to Everton" how plain is that? Clement deserves a medal for diplomacy, as he's quite obviously pissed off with the situation

Could you provide me with links to where he has said that? I haven't seen them. Only the statements the club have put out with no direct quotes from Gylfi.
Elephant in the room ....... on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 1012 viewsjasper_T

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:27 - Aug 10 by DafyddHuw

Yes, whilst we're all giving Gylfi a good kicking, can somebody explain to me why, at the start of the close season, we say he's not for sale, yet put a £50M price on his head?

Unlike the Dippers, who won't put a price on Coutinho, because he's also not for sale. Except they really mean it.

Why would Siggy show loyalty to the club when the club won't show loyalty to him in the first place?

Because Liverpool already have more money than they can spend (£200m warchest supposedly, but no one worth it will go there) and we live hand to mouth.
Elephant in the room time..... on 10:44 - Aug 10 with 1007 viewsKGriz16

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:51 - Aug 10 by Swanjaxs

50 million asset or not.... it's irrelevant in my opinion, he doesn't want to play for us anymore and should no longer be part of our squad until we can move him on! His time is up with Swansea City....

So you're telling me he's still a Swansea player on 1st September you'd waste a talent like that in the U23's?
Elephant in the room ....... on 10:51 - Aug 10 with 993 viewsunion_jack

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:30 - Aug 10 by JonTheJack

Could you provide me with links to where he has said that? I haven't seen them. Only the statements the club have put out with no direct quotes from Gylfi.

Everything I've wanted to say or ask, you e got in before me. Seems we are thinking very much alike.

I've neither seen or heard direct quotes about this situation from Sigurddson or Clement criticising him directly.

Someone here said he should come out and defend himself against the allegations of not wanting to play etc. The only firm allegations I have seen have been on this site. Maybe he should sign up and put us all right.

If someone has direct quotes from him or Clement, please post them and I'll apologise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Elephant in the room ....... on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 993 viewsjack247

He didn't say that, the club did.

Do you honestly think he would sit out the us tour and probably the start of the season, as well
as not making counter statements to quotes like that if he wanted to stay?
Elephant in the room time..... on 12:34 - Aug 10 with 903 viewsSwanjaxs

Elephant in the room time..... on 10:44 - Aug 10 by KGriz16

So you're telling me he's still a Swansea player on 1st September you'd waste a talent like that in the U23's?

Not even in the U23's for me mate tbh, look this isn't an anti Sigurdsson thread, hes been wonderful for us and if/when his move is confirmed then good luck to him.... but the facts suggest that he would rather not pull a Swans shirt on again and that's what really irks me! He is in no frame of mind to give 100% to the cause be it on the bench or otherwise.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Elephant in the room time..... on 12:41 - Aug 10 with 886 viewsKGriz16

Elephant in the room time..... on 12:34 - Aug 10 by Swanjaxs

Not even in the U23's for me mate tbh, look this isn't an anti Sigurdsson thread, hes been wonderful for us and if/when his move is confirmed then good luck to him.... but the facts suggest that he would rather not pull a Swans shirt on again and that's what really irks me! He is in no frame of mind to give 100% to the cause be it on the bench or otherwise.....

As if, our squad is no one near good enough to waste talent like that. If he's still here on 1st September; he will have no other choice than to get his head right and look for a move in January.
Elephant in the room time..... on 12:49 - Aug 10 with 866 viewsSwanjaxs

Elephant in the room time..... on 12:41 - Aug 10 by KGriz16

As if, our squad is no one near good enough to waste talent like that. If he's still here on 1st September; he will have no other choice than to get his head right and look for a move in January.

Personally i think he'll be away by then, the fact that he is still with us is the most frustrating thing though!

Elephant in the room ....... on 13:58 - Aug 10 with 803 viewsraynor94

So why do you honestly think he's not playing? it's now a month since the Barnet game, did Gylfi deny the two quotes put out by the Club? the multi millionaire could put in a transfer request, I wonder why he won't do that, I can't wait for the truth about this saga to come out

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:14 - Aug 10 with 775 viewsSwanjaxs

So Paul Clement has confirmed Sigurdsson will not be involved at Southampton.... a clear indication that his time is up at SA1 unless Sigurdsson has a change of heart

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024