Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The players 10:51 - Oct 25 with 2394 viewsSmellyplumz

Serious question.... Are they not feeling embarrassed by their performances? Are they not feeling like fakes? If I was one of them I know I would be feeling all of those things. Rangel where is your professional pride man?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The players on 10:54 - Oct 25 with 2382 viewsyogibear_412

In fairness to him he was shouting at himself/wincing everytime he cocked up. He was visibly frustrated - he just isn't good enough anymore.

We are just a championship team at the minute - we aren't gonna score many and we lack movement.

Transfer windows from Monk on have been shocking and are now biting.
The players on 11:33 - Oct 25 with 2319 viewswestside

Routledge is stealing a living as a premier league player
The players on 11:39 - Oct 25 with 2299 viewswhoflungdung

Fair play

Doubt they know meaning of the word

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The players on 12:00 - Oct 25 with 2251 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The players on 10:54 - Oct 25 by yogibear_412

In fairness to him he was shouting at himself/wincing everytime he cocked up. He was visibly frustrated - he just isn't good enough anymore.

We are just a championship team at the minute - we aren't gonna score many and we lack movement.

I doubt we would survive in the Championship the way we are playing at the moment.
The players on 12:37 - Oct 25 with 2141 viewsAguycalledJack

lets face it. Our players are not good enough for this level.
The players on 12:42 - Oct 25 with 2123 viewsmissingmel

The players on 11:33 - Oct 25 by westside

Routledge is stealing a living as a premier league player

There a lot more than just him.

We have 3 prem quality players
The players on 14:50 - Oct 25 with 2026 viewsjack247

The players on 12:42 - Oct 25 by missingmel

There a lot more than just him.

We have 3 prem quality players

3 prem quality players?

Bit of an overreaction? If we’ve only got 3, there probably are PL teams without any.
The players on 14:54 - Oct 25 with 2016 viewsmagicdaps10

You could put eleven players out, taken from the Swansea league and they would be embarrassed with themselves after the game.........but ultimately those players would not be good enough.

In terms, players will be embarrassed but if they are not good enough, they are simply not good enough.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

The players on 15:55 - Oct 25 with 1904 viewsHeadmaster

Why do they all turn up in identical suits at home games?
The players on 17:12 - Oct 25 with 1817 viewsoldcob

The players on 15:55 - Oct 25 by Headmaster

Why do they all turn up in identical suits at home games?

This is just a guess mind Headmaster, but maybe, just maybe, its to all look the same.
The players on 17:20 - Oct 25 with 1789 viewsHeadmaster

The players on 17:12 - Oct 25 by oldcob

This is just a guess mind Headmaster, but maybe, just maybe, its to all look the same.

Get the training kit on, I say. It's a football match not a dinner party
The players on 17:30 - Oct 25 with 1762 viewsRevJames

You would hope so out of professional pride.

I have my doubts though as regardless of performance levels and results, players still manage to pick up obscene weekly salaries. Especially with a squad like ours, where is the incentive to play well and be pushed for your place?

Even sat on the bench, players will pick up a bigger wedge in a week than most of us would earn in a couple of years or more so are they embarrassed by their performance or care? I'm not so sure
The players on 22:26 - Oct 25 with 1607 viewsKilkennyjack

Identity can be important.

Why would some players from elsewhere give a damn.
Only here for the dosh.

And thats the point - having ben, joey, jazz, macca, ash, tayls (?) gave us a welsh identity.
Like curt, robbie, and charlo, wyndham, dudley under Tosh.

Add in the lifers like leon, rangel, and nath. It worked.

Not sure about our identity now ?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 22:28]

Beware of the Risen People

The players on 22:33 - Oct 25 with 1587 viewsspiderboy

The players on 10:54 - Oct 25 by yogibear_412

To be fair he hasn't played much,34 y old.he shouldn't really have been on the park,
But huge huge credit to him.
True Jack Bastard that he is!
The players on 22:46 - Oct 25 with 1560 viewsawayjack

The players on 22:33 - Oct 25 by spiderboy

To be fair he hasn't played much,34 y old.he shouldn't really have been on the park,
But huge huge credit to him.
True Jack Bastard that he is!

Yup not Rangels fault but Club not signing cover. I do fear for him (and us) if he's marking the likes of Sanchez on Saturday. Perhaps Clucas will step in at left back so Naughton can revert to RB.
The players on 22:51 - Oct 25 with 1547 viewsspiderboy

The players on 22:46 - Oct 25 by awayjack

Yup not Rangels fault but Club not signing cover. I do fear for him (and us) if he's marking the likes of Sanchez on Saturday. Perhaps Clucas will step in at left back so Naughton can revert to RB.

Surely he wont play sat?
Will he?
The players on 22:53 - Oct 25 with 1545 viewsWingstandwood

Lethargic? Not bothered? Half arsed? Unconcerned? Stop their wages being paid into the bank and watch them run to to the club accountancy dept with a speed, motivation and purpose like you never saw once last night!

Argus!

The players on 22:58 - Oct 25 with 1531 viewsSwanzay

Im sure by now the players can smell the stench of how we, as a club are currently run by a megalomaniac DOF and baglan Spar boy, hell bent on putting vending machines in every orifice possible.

What chances does a manager have with waldorf and statler in charge?

I even heard today, Feck knows if its true that HJ already has 2 signings in mind for January, you could probably guess them too!
The players on 22:58 - Oct 25 with 1529 viewsskettyparkherbert

The players on 14:50 - Oct 25 by jack247

3 prem quality players?

Bit of an overreaction? If we’ve only got 3, there probably are PL teams without any.

Just a point of order.

We didn't have many premier league quality players when we came into the league 7 seasons ago but we have a football identity and a work ethic 2nd to none.

We shocked many teams with our passing game with relatively unknown players but all the players knew what to do and the game plan was the same week in week out.

Every player was comfortable with the ball as that was the way we played and i specifically remember we would pass teams off the park and now we can't seem to put 3 passes together and players are hiding.

Last night we were live on Sky TV and the uk football public and see what a mess we are in.
It was embarrassing but as you say unfortunately £35k plus a week makes these players feel less so.
The players on 23:11 - Oct 25 with 1490 viewsjack247

The players on 22:58 - Oct 25 by skettyparkherbert

Just a point of order.

We didn't have many premier league quality players when we came into the league 7 seasons ago but we have a football identity and a work ethic 2nd to none.

We shocked many teams with our passing game with relatively unknown players but all the players knew what to do and the game plan was the same week in week out.

Every player was comfortable with the ball as that was the way we played and i specifically remember we would pass teams off the park and now we can't seem to put 3 passes together and players are hiding.

Last night we were live on Sky TV and the uk football public and see what a mess we are in.
It was embarrassing but as you say unfortunately £35k plus a week makes these players feel less so.

That’s kind of the point.

If we’ve got 3 PL quality players now, it’s 3 more than we had when we came up. We then added the likes of Lita, Graham, Routledge and Caulker, so its arguably 3 more than Rodgers had all season.

The recruitment has been shambolic yes, but there’s still more than enough quality out there and Man for man we are certainly better than at least 3 other clubs.

Rodgers would be rubbing his hands with glee if he had quality like Sanches and Mesa to work with, he’d find a way of playing that utilised their strengths and didn’t expose their weaknesses, that’s really not happening at the moment.

Guidolin would have snapped your hand off for this squad over the one he kept up or the one that started last season.
The players on 07:35 - Oct 26 with 1362 viewsJFSwan

Monk developed plan B, i.e defensive structure & shape which saw us finish 8th but that was because he still had players from the Laudrup days with some attacking intent in them, so it was the perfect combo.
Slowly he stamped that out, got rid of the Spaniads and we began the slope we're still on today.
Looking back, Guidolin done excellent, also Clement last season showed fire and passion, fist pumping the crowd. Now its gone flat.

As has been mentioned, our best form of defense was keeping the ball away from the other team. Team selection was practically the same, every week. Everyone knew their job, everyone knew our philosophy and everyone bought into it.

Now we are just 'another club' fighting for mediocrity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024