Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from The SCSA 21:23 - Dec 20 with 5563 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Statement from The SCSA on 15:56 - Dec 21 with 1543 viewsmonmouth

Statement from The SCSA on 15:33 - Dec 21 by Jackfath

With things escalating quickly in terms of law suits, media coverage etc, people currently on the board need to recognise the strengths (or indeed weaknesses) they have. If people are not comfortable in front of the media then why are they put in that position by the "seniors" within the Trust? Surely there's a need for an expert in this sort of thing (as we now have with Lisa, for example).

This is in no way criticising Cath in any shape, after all as Ux said, it's a very very difficult position to be when microphones and cameras are thrust in ones face.

I'm sure Cath is lovely. But this says it all really. Nice people who like to help is not what's needed in times of the existential threat the Trust faces. This nice helper actually was one of the people that can outvote people that know so much better, when someone like Lisa doesn't even get a vote. Lewis, McDonald, Williams, Dyer, Brooks. Lovely people, real fans, fund raisers and statue builders. Great, but not up to the job that now needs doing. No criticism for being there, but you must step down now and let's get some more of the 15 on the basis of actual skills we need. Clinging on when you are incompetent cannot be excused. The SCSA has totally put these people to shame in a week. Get some of them on the Trust Board. NOW.

Edit didn't mean to quote Fath.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 15:58]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Statement from The SCSA on 15:58 - Dec 21 with 1535 viewsIAN05

Statement from The SCSA on 15:09 - Dec 21 by Uxbridge

The idea that we should all blindly back the board is not one I share, not one the Trust board shares from the discussions I've seen over the last 24 hours and one I don't believe Cath shares either. Unfortunately, when forced to react at little to no notice with a microphone under their nose, people say things they regret later, which is what has happened here.

Cath's lovely, does a lot of good work particularly on the DSA side, and helps out on the media side because she's the sort of person that likes to help, so I hope that's taken into account with the increasingly personal nature of such discussions. I know she regrets her turn of phrase yesterday.

Anyway, I've made my views known on here before that I wish the Trust would take a much stronger line in public on this, so not going to labour that point. As a club, we can't keep on repeating this cycle.

It was a poor turn of phrase, no doubt but people say silly things under pressure and particularly when they don't have to speak live on TV often. Why we have to be personal about individuals all the time I don't know.

For me, an organisation that owns 21% of a PL football club and one that is going through a potential sale should have a full time paid communications person.

Also, it would be very powerful if the Trust released a statement to retract ( in a subtle way) what was said last night and say something along the lines of ' The club have to start learning their lessons on recruitment of players and managers immediately and the Trust will be working to ensure that happens'.
Statement from The SCSA on 16:02 - Dec 21 with 1511 viewsJackfath

Statement from The SCSA on 15:58 - Dec 21 by IAN05

It was a poor turn of phrase, no doubt but people say silly things under pressure and particularly when they don't have to speak live on TV often. Why we have to be personal about individuals all the time I don't know.

For me, an organisation that owns 21% of a PL football club and one that is going through a potential sale should have a full time paid communications person.

Also, it would be very powerful if the Trust released a statement to retract ( in a subtle way) what was said last night and say something along the lines of ' The club have to start learning their lessons on recruitment of players and managers immediately and the Trust will be working to ensure that happens'.

Rocket science it isn't.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Statement from The SCSA on 16:03 - Dec 21 with 1505 viewsSwanseajill

Statement from The SCSA on 15:43 - Dec 21 by whiterock

Cath is a good, honest, lovely lady who works tirelessly for the Trust and the DSA, we all make slip ups and sometimes being in front of the camera adds a little pressure.

I'll second that. I have nothing but praise for her.

And the last time a microphone was stuck under my nose, I had to ask my friend when I returned to my seat..."what did I just say"

I've no doubt it was gobbledegook.
Statement from The SCSA on 16:07 - Dec 21 with 1485 viewspencoedjack

Statement from The SCSA on 15:58 - Dec 21 by IAN05

I don't think it should be subtle but that's why someone like you would make a good spokesman
Statement from The SCSA on 16:13 - Dec 21 with 1453 viewsIAN05

Statement from The SCSA on 16:07 - Dec 21 by pencoedjack

I don't think it should be subtle but that's why someone like you would make a good spokesman

Ha.........I would love them to be blunt and just say the truth but there is no way that they will go from their current stance to blatant public bashing.
Statement from The SCSA on 16:25 - Dec 21 with 1398 viewsjacksfullaces

the trust were making stronger statements this time last year (and still been castigated for them) than they are now, I recall some pretty major expectations being set in terms of jenkins performance, which he might have batted away short term, but they should be now resurrected by the Trust as part of the accountability angle, as he has failed to deliver left, right and centre (or dyer, routledge and siggy if you prefer ;) )

SCSA is now the voice of the fans #backtojack
Statement from The SCSA on 16:30 - Dec 21 with 1379 viewsYossarian

The idea that we should all blindly back the board is not one I share, not one the Trust board shares from the discussions I've seen over the last 24 hours and one I don't believe Cath shares either. Unfortunately, when forced to react at little to no notice with a microphone under their nose, people say things they regret later, which is what has happened here.

Cath's lovely, does a lot of good work particularly on the DSA side, and helps out on the media side because she's the sort of person that likes to help, so I hope that's taken into account with the increasingly personal nature of such discussions. I know she regrets her turn of phrase yesterday.

Anyway, I've made my views known on here before that I wish the Trust would take a much stronger line in public on this, so not going to labour that point. As a club, we can't keep on repeating this cycle.

I understand your frustration Uxbridge - but as a increasingly sceptical member, the Trust have got to get their act together sharpish or it will be finished quicker than many think.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Statement from The SCSA on 16:36 - Dec 21 with 1355 viewsDafyddHuw

"... helps out on the media side"

Fùck my eyes. She helps out on the media side and comes out with bollocks like that. Sums up the Trust's incompetence in one.

And then you go and defend the indefensible. So tragic it's funny.
Statement from The SCSA on 17:03 - Dec 21 with 1293 viewsmonmouth

I certainly think we should leave Cath alone now, she must be feeling pretty wretched. It's not her fault that a nice well intentioned soul was marooned out of her depth. Except of course in thinking for one second that she is competent to carry out a press role, but the same charge could be levelled at the majority of that 'Board'.

Messrs MacDonald and Lewis are the ones in the firing line here. They had to know to front up on this. They would probably have said the same mind you. Alan had already issued a nebulous load of shit during the day, so no doubt it would have been more of the same. Anything not to criticise the 'masters' on the club board.

Get out now all you amateurs with no professional skills to offer that are relevant to the vote or to what the Trust needs in 2018 not 2004, and let your last act to be to source skilled people in to replace you. Prove that you really do have the club at heart, and not some over inflated opinions of yourselves.

Oh and get Lisa, or someone equally competent in challenge and Boardcraft, to be Supporter Director. Did I already say that?

Statement from The SCSA on 17:16 - Dec 21 with 1248 viewsmax936

Being a lovely Lady obviously hasn't helped her here then because she's been simply hang out to dry, wtf is the joking SD doing he should have fronted that interview or is he an SD in name only he seems like a right wet lettuce, Shocking.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Statement from The SCSA on 17:21 - Dec 21 with 1225 viewsmax936

Statement from The SCSA on 15:43 - Dec 21 by whiterock

Cath is a good, honest, lovely lady who works tirelessly for the Trust and the DSA, we all make slip ups and sometimes being in front of the camera adds a little pressure.

She shouldn't have been put in that situation there's a SD and a Trust Chairman there ffs, no excuses they're not worthy of their titles, we had that ditty from the Chairman yesterday then Clements gets sacked and Cath Dyer is thrust out in front, fuking cowards the two of them.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 18:27]

Statement from The SCSA on 17:29 - Dec 21 with 1182 viewsderijack

Statement from The SCSA on 17:21 - Dec 21 by max936

She shouldn't have been put in that situation there's a SD and a Trust Chairman there ffs, no excuses they're not worthy of their titles, we had that ditty from the Chairman yesterday then Clements gets sacked and Cath Dyer is thrust out in front, fuking cowards the two of them.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 18:27]

Exactly this.

She’s been thrown under the bus here. AL and SD should have fronted that. Instead they knew Cath would do it and now she takes all of the flak.

Instead they would rather sit at home and write a long ‘everything is rosy’ email to trust members.

Here’s an idea. Write a much shorter retraction piece and send it to the media.

Statement from The SCSA on 17:34 - Dec 21 with 1154 viewsBarrySwan

While I believe that the group of decent hardworking unpaid individuals ( aka the Trust board) who have done so much over the years to help and represent the fans have truly lost the plot.

I think that it's time that this unacceptable bullying of a decent lady by a baying mob of faceless internet individuals feeding off each others increasingly venomous remarks should stop right now.

It is quite easy to get a touch tongue tied and blurt out a later regretted statement when confronted by cameras or other media sources if you are not an experienced spokesperson.

As has been pointed out already what on earth are the Trust playing at by not communicating through approved channels by experienced spokespersons in order to avoid such publicity disasters.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 17:35]
Statement from The SCSA on 17:35 - Dec 21 with 1150 viewsLandore_Jack

Where is the Trust statement distancing themselves from Cath's comments? According to Uxbridge, her comments aren't shared by other Trust board members.

Get a statement out there!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 17:47]

#backtojack

Statement from The SCSA on 18:07 - Dec 21 with 1068 viewsSwanseajill

Statement from The SCSA on 17:34 - Dec 21 by BarrySwan

While I believe that the group of decent hardworking unpaid individuals ( aka the Trust board) who have done so much over the years to help and represent the fans have truly lost the plot.

I think that it's time that this unacceptable bullying of a decent lady by a baying mob of faceless internet individuals feeding off each others increasingly venomous remarks should stop right now.

It is quite easy to get a touch tongue tied and blurt out a later regretted statement when confronted by cameras or other media sources if you are not an experienced spokesperson.

As has been pointed out already what on earth are the Trust playing at by not communicating through approved channels by experienced spokespersons in order to avoid such publicity disasters.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 17:35]

This with bells on.

Terrible attack on a young woman doing her best.
Statement from The SCSA on 18:11 - Dec 21 with 1047 viewsLandore_Jack

Statement from The SCSA on 18:07 - Dec 21 by Swanseajill

This with bells on.

The Trust knew about the sacking 24 hours in advance. Why wasn't she prepared?

#backtojack

Statement from The SCSA on 18:11 - Dec 21 with 1044 viewsBobby_Fischer

This with bells on.

That is the Trust's fault no-one elses, they knew 24 hours in advance and still threw her to the wolves.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Statement from The SCSA on 18:15 - Dec 21 with 1022 viewsbarry_island

This with bells on.

I agree, utterly shameful by some of the Trust Board seniors. Some of them have over 12 years experience to call on.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Statement from The SCSA on 18:17 - Dec 21 with 1005 viewsswancity

Statement from The SCSA on 16:03 - Dec 21 by Swanseajill

I'll second that. I have nothing but praise for her.

And the last time a microphone was stuck under my nose, I had to ask my friend when I returned to my seat..."what did I just say"

I've no doubt it was gobbledegook.

You have nothing but praise....seriously. It's this kind of useless amateurish attitude which sees the Trust on the verge of folding. I admire your loyalty but it's misplaced I'm sorry to say.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Statement from The SCSA on 18:23 - Dec 21 with 970 viewsmonmouth

Statement from The SCSA on 18:15 - Dec 21 by barry_island

I agree, utterly shameful by some of the Trust Board seniors. Some of them have over 12 years experience to call on.

Excellent. That made me laugh.

Statement from The SCSA on 18:33 - Dec 21 with 934 viewsmax936

Statement from The SCSA on 18:11 - Dec 21 by Landore_Jack

The Trust knew about the sacking 24 hours in advance. Why wasn't she prepared?

You're missing the point LJ, with a big issue like this sacking the SD or Trust Chair should have fronted up, afraid in case they slipped up I suppose, so thrust the duty on to Cath Dyer which was totally unfair on her, like I said Cowards.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 18:35]

Statement from The SCSA on 19:36 - Dec 21 with 855 viewsDewi1jack

Statement from The SCSA on 18:33 - Dec 21 by max936

You're missing the point LJ, with a big issue like this sacking the SD or Trust Chair should have fronted up, afraid in case they slipped up I suppose, so thrust the duty on to Cath Dyer which was totally unfair on her, like I said Cowards.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 18:35]

The very least those pair of sh1thouses could have done was prepared a written statement with the instructions not to answer questions for her.

No need for personal attacks on the woman though.
If we think she's useless then we have the AGM to vote her off.

I know a minority are saying the Trust is finished with the new groups taking centre stage, but the shares we have in the club can't be transferred to the new groups, as far as I know- and I know little enough in my own line of work!

I don't see why we can't work hand in hand with each other.
I intend to be a member of both- hopefully active when I can be.
I only rejoined the Trust to try and stop them giving their Yank lovers the cash from the very badly advised share sale.

And I am fukin proud I was one of over 250 who voted no for the deal.
Very understanding of those who voted yes, after the bollox we were sent
Very p1ssed off with the ones who couldn't be arzed to vote either way. You've dropped us in the sh1t as well, because you had a chance to say NO

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Statement from The SCSA on 19:42 - Dec 21 with 832 viewswhoflungdung

We need good people but not nice people

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024