Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the best team for rochdale? 16:11 - Dec 30 with 3786 viewsdean7321

i would go with
Lillis
Raff McGahey Daniels Bunney
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Inman
Hendo Done

Poll: best ever center back

What is the best team for rochdale? on 16:20 - Dec 30 with 3764 viewsD_Alien

Lillis
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Andrew Done Hendo

OR

Lillis
McGahey Keane Daniels
Raff Camps Rathbone Bunney
Andrew Done Hendo

Same personnel, different formation which can be adapted to circumstances

Subs: Moore, Cannon, Davies, Kitching, McNulty, Inman, Williams

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What is the best team for rochdale? on 16:41 - Dec 30 with 3733 viewsPeaky

What is the best team for rochdale? on 16:20 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

Lillis
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Andrew Done Hendo

OR

Lillis
McGahey Keane Daniels
Raff Camps Rathbone Bunney
Andrew Done Hendo

Same personnel, different formation which can be adapted to circumstances

Subs: Moore, Cannon, Davies, Kitching, McNulty, Inman, Williams

Tried to write out a balanced side about ten times with our current squad and can not do it. We just don’t have it. Can make an average back four - raff (not good enough for league 1), Keane and Daniels (prob our best chances of not conceding) and bunny who is well below par.

Midfield we have no width at all. No one is capable of playing wide to the level we need. No one can beat a man or deliver a cross. Hendo is not a winger and Williams is not good enough. Camps is having a terrible season and rath looks lost. Kitchen and Inman both average league 2 players.

Andrew solid but doesn’t score enough, done is like a headless chicken this year and Davis is quality but unfit which is a shame due to his injury.

The results and the amount of changes hill has tried shows there is not enough quality/balance so in my opinion it can not be done. We will be relegated with this team.
What is the best team for rochdale? on 21:39 - Dec 30 with 3620 viewsnordenblue

What is the best team for rochdale? on 16:41 - Dec 30 by Peaky

Tried to write out a balanced side about ten times with our current squad and can not do it. We just don’t have it. Can make an average back four - raff (not good enough for league 1), Keane and Daniels (prob our best chances of not conceding) and bunny who is well below par.

Midfield we have no width at all. No one is capable of playing wide to the level we need. No one can beat a man or deliver a cross. Hendo is not a winger and Williams is not good enough. Camps is having a terrible season and rath looks lost. Kitchen and Inman both average league 2 players.

Andrew solid but doesn’t score enough, done is like a headless chicken this year and Davis is quality but unfit which is a shame due to his injury.

The results and the amount of changes hill has tried shows there is not enough quality/balance so in my opinion it can not be done. We will be relegated with this team.

How is Raff not good "enough" for league 1?
What is the best team for rochdale? on 21:48 - Dec 30 with 3608 viewsTVOS1907

What is the best team for rochdale? on 21:39 - Dec 30 by nordenblue

How is Raff not good "enough" for league 1?

That thought crossed my mind too. He's been good enough for the last four seasons.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What is the best team for rochdale? on 22:06 - Dec 30 with 3587 viewsboromat

I'd like to have a good shake up try something new and unpredictable. I'm not saying this is a good idea or would work but it's a team I'd like to see tried. Maybe a cup game is a good opportunity.

----------------------------Lillis
Raff-------McGahey------ Kitching-------- Nthle
Cannon Morley Camps Adshead Rathbone
---------------------------Done

I actually enjoyed M.J.Williams and Nthle when they played as centre backs together in the checkatrade. OK maybe not against great opposition but they really could play out from the back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What is the best team for rochdale? on 22:55 - Dec 30 with 3532 viewsMHall963

Currently to freshen things up, with an attacking emphasis:
Moore
Cannon Rafferty Daniels McGahey Nthle
Keane Rathbone
Henderson
Davies Done
What is the best team for rochdale? on 23:18 - Dec 30 with 3497 viewscadmonkey

I liked the back 3/5 when we played it so would go
_________________ Moore
Raff___Mcgahey__Daniels___McNulty___Bunney
__________________Camps
______ Rathbone ____________Andrews
____________Hendo__________Done

Apart from his distribution think Moore was class and deserves another chance.
Just my opinion like 😁
What is the best team for rochdale? on 09:29 - Dec 31 with 3401 viewsNorthernDale

Lillis
Rafferty McGahey Daniels Bunney
Keane
Cannon Camps Rathbone
Done Henderson

Subs
Moore, Kitching, Williams, Inman, Mcnulty, Andrews, Davies
Login to get fewer ads

What is the best team for rochdale? on 10:21 - Dec 31 with 3348 viewsNigeriamark

I would just like KH decide on a fixed formation ( 442 or 352) and his best 11 ( allowing for injuries), irrespective of if we are home and away and then stick with it for 6-8 games. As pointed out in another post, we are only conceding the same number of goals as last season so it is scoring that is the problem. Again KH needs to decide is he going with "big man/Small man" or with 2 smaller attackers, and then stick with it for the same number of games. I would go

If 442
Lillis
Raff, McGahey, Danniels, Nthle
Kean, Camps, Inman, Rathbone
Hendo & Done ( with Andrews or Davies to come on if not working)

If 352
Lillis
McGahey, Danniels,Nthle
Raff, Keane Camps, Inman, Done
Andrews or Davies, Hendo ( with Done to move upfront if not working i.e crosses not coming in from wide and Rathbone coming on instead of Andrews/Davies
What is the best team for rochdale? on 10:29 - Dec 31 with 3331 viewsfitzochris

Perhaps we tried for a back three against Donny but players such as Done got pinned back, making it a four? Again, though, why is Done even being used there?

It would be interesting to see how we work on shape in training sessions, and how we approach set plays - both attacking and defending them.

From my limited outings this season, these seem to be key failings within the team.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What is the best team for rochdale? on 12:26 - Dec 31 with 3232 viewsChaffRAFC

What is the best team for rochdale? on 10:29 - Dec 31 by fitzochris

Perhaps we tried for a back three against Donny but players such as Done got pinned back, making it a four? Again, though, why is Done even being used there?

It would be interesting to see how we work on shape in training sessions, and how we approach set plays - both attacking and defending them.

From my limited outings this season, these seem to be key failings within the team.

No, we warmed up as a back three then lined up, straight from kick off, with Done playing at left back.

For me it looks like Hill is trying whatever he can to try and find some magic formula which obviously isn't working and now surely he has to go back to basics!

Just go back to keeping it simple with a system the players know:

..............................Lillis*............................

Rafferty.......McGahey....Daniels.......Bunney**
.............................Keane.............................
..............Rathbone.............Camps..............
Henderson..........................................Done
.............................Andrew..........................

* Lillis is going through his annual month long dodgy spell of the season. Please bring in a good keeper on loan to increase the confidence in the defence.

** Bunney has been awful for most of this season. Would strongly consider giving McNulty a go at left back, allowing Done to attack more.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

What is the best team for rochdale? on 12:43 - Dec 31 with 3211 viewsfitzochris

What is the best team for rochdale? on 12:26 - Dec 31 by ChaffRAFC

No, we warmed up as a back three then lined up, straight from kick off, with Done playing at left back.

For me it looks like Hill is trying whatever he can to try and find some magic formula which obviously isn't working and now surely he has to go back to basics!

Just go back to keeping it simple with a system the players know:

..............................Lillis*............................

Rafferty.......McGahey....Daniels.......Bunney**
.............................Keane.............................
..............Rathbone.............Camps..............
Henderson..........................................Done
.............................Andrew..........................

* Lillis is going through his annual month long dodgy spell of the season. Please bring in a good keeper on loan to increase the confidence in the defence.

** Bunney has been awful for most of this season. Would strongly consider giving McNulty a go at left back, allowing Done to attack more.

Fair enough, I wasn’t there and am speculating based on accounts of those who were, because I can’t find a natural logic to it.

Perhaps there isn’t any logic and it’s as you say, random acts to find a magic formula.

I wasn’t worried after the Bromley game. I thought we’d be fine. I’m worried now, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What is the best team for rochdale? (n/t) on 13:00 - Dec 31 with 3181 viewsPeaky

Editing a post on a phone is a nightmare haha. Just wanted to add that my feelings on raff are based on his showings this year. In fairness he has been moved around or not even included in the squad. Presuming he is injured at the moment?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024