Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking 09:48 - Jan 24 with 4714 viewspearlstreet1

Thinking about going to Millwall this saturday, anybody any idea what parking is like round the ground
Parking on 18:04 - Jan 24 with 4618 viewsinthenet

If you’re not in a tank forget it

Rastrickblue

Parking on 18:12 - Jan 24 with 4600 viewsMolly

If you are travelling from the north you are best parking up near to the underground somewhere in north London and getting a tube to London Bridge. From there take an overground train to South Bermondsey.

Its about 2 stops from London Bridge. There is a covered walkway for away supporters from the station to the stadium.
Parking on 18:27 - Jan 24 with 4570 viewsD_Alien

Parking on 18:12 - Jan 24 by Molly

If you are travelling from the north you are best parking up near to the underground somewhere in north London and getting a tube to London Bridge. From there take an overground train to South Bermondsey.

Its about 2 stops from London Bridge. There is a covered walkway for away supporters from the station to the stadium.

And for the best place to park in North London, could I recommend Finchley Central tube station? £5.90 all-day parking, then a £12.70 Zone 4 Travelcard

Finchley Central is about 5 minutes drive from the end of the M1

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/finchley-central-stn-lul/

Edit: Only £2.60 to park on Saturdays

[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 18:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Parking on 18:50 - Jan 24 with 4520 viewsRAFC_1990

Arriving at Euston station, do you know what zones and cost would need be to go by tube to London Bridge then on the train to South Bermondsey?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Parking on 19:04 - Jan 24 with 4496 viewsDickydaler

Parking on 18:50 - Jan 24 by RAFC_1990

Arriving at Euston station, do you know what zones and cost would need be to go by tube to London Bridge then on the train to South Bermondsey?

If you've booked straight through to south bermondsey the ticket should already cover tube travel.
Parking on 19:06 - Jan 24 with 4490 viewsKenBoon

Parking on 18:50 - Jan 24 by RAFC_1990

Last time I did it the tube tickets were included in the train ticket.
Parking on 19:39 - Jan 24 with 4426 viewsValleySaddler

Verney Road,
Few minutes walk to the ground,area interesting but left the car no problems.
It was Millwall fans who showed me the short cut through to the ground they were fine....
Parking on 19:55 - Jan 24 with 4404 viewsBunny

Evening. Millwall fan here.

There is plenty of free, unrestricted parking near the ground.

The Bramcote estate is opposite South Bermondsey station a few minutes from ground. Lots of parking (most people in inner city don't own a car or it's one house = one car; unlike most places). However, you would need to get there fairly early to get space, as lots of Wall use it. I would say before 1:30pm.

Surrey Canal Road runs alongside the stadium at the Cold Blow Land End - as the Old Den was other side of it. Although spaces fill up even quicker than Bramcote Estate roads.

Other good spots are around Folkestone Gardens. Either alongside or around the back. 10 min walk to ground. Will be spaces up to kick off Id imagine.

Galleywall Road has good parking too, both on it and off the side roads. Near some good pubs and a pie and mash place - as it's 5 mins to downtown Bermondsey & 10/15 mins to ground.

Google these names and you will see their location & grab the postcode.

If you come by train then trains run regularly from London Bridge to South Bermondsey - which is the first stop and about a 5 min journey. There's a walkway that takes away fans from station to away end. You could also tube it to Bermondsey or Canada Water.

If you want to make a day of it, The Den is close to the Southbank or could enjoy the Bermondsey Beer Mile - Google it.

Please ask if yoy want anymore info.
Login to get fewer ads

Parking on 16:40 - Jan 25 with 4111 viewsRAFC_1990

Unfortunately I didn't think about it too well and just booked my tickets from Manchester to Euston on Virgins website. Is it recommended that I get a Zone day pass? What zones will I need? How much and how do I go about getting these? Sorry not much of a public transport kind of person especially not in London!

Parking on 16:53 - Jan 25 with 4078 views442Dale

Parking on 16:40 - Jan 25 by RAFC_1990

Unfortunately I didn't think about it too well and just booked my tickets from Manchester to Euston on Virgins website. Is it recommended that I get a Zone day pass? What zones will I need? How much and how do I go about getting these? Sorry not much of a public transport kind of person especially not in London!

Go into the info office at Euston and get an Oyster card. Two minute of a job, they can put a tenner or whatever on it and you can use it in the future then.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Parking on 17:12 - Jan 25 with 4054 viewsupthedale

Parking on 16:40 - Jan 25 by RAFC_1990

Think you can just use contactless on your bank card, if you have it, to swipe in and out of stations?
Parking on 18:32 - Jan 25 with 3985 viewsRAFC_1990

I have contactless,

Is this just as cost effective?

Thanks

Parking on 18:38 - Jan 25 with 3972 viewspaulscho

Parking on 18:32 - Jan 25 by RAFC_1990

I have contactless,

Is this just as cost effective?

Thanks

Yes just tap in and make sure you tap out,it's the same price as the oyster card

livinginadalewonderland

Parking on 19:52 - Jan 25 with 3918 viewsBunny

Actually, using your contactless bank card is less than an oyster in one off situations.

The Den is in zone 2 btw.
Parking on 20:29 - Jan 25 with 3883 viewsValleySaddler

Parking on 19:52 - Jan 25 by Bunny

Actually, using your contactless bank card is less than an oyster in one off situations.

The Den is in zone 2 btw.

Thanks for your help,it’s much appreciated...
I take it Verney Rd is still a viable option??
Parking on 16:42 - Jan 28 with 3522 viewsBunny

Sorry only just read this - Yes, it's on the Bramcote estate mentioned.

Hope you had a good day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024